Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

52:20 of Garrett and Dave. I've never been so sad that conspiracy theorists were right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
For context, I think he's referring to Dave dropping a "my girlfriend" comment.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I thought that was confirmed ages ago when he took her to PWG or something

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

PaybackJack posted:

For context, I think he's referring to Dave dropping a "my girlfriend" comment.

Tired: Dave got divorced

Wired: Dave’s now part of a polycule

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

STONE COLD 64 posted:

52:20 of Garrett and Dave. I've never been so sad that conspiracy theorists were right.

Lmao I didn't realize this was intended to be a timestamp and thought "there's no WAY a Garrett and Dave episode went less than 90 minutes"

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

History Comes Inside! posted:

I thought that was confirmed ages ago when he took her to PWG or something

Yes, he got divorced but much later than the weirdos were saying. He was married when the rumors started and for years afterwards.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
Dave had to divorce to protect the business.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

shoot failed marriage

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Orange Carlisle posted:

shoot failed marriage

The weirdos worked them into a shoot

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Big props to Bryan fighting a valiant rearguard action trying to make a single point about Kento Miyahara vs. Katsuhiko Nakajima while Dave kept trying to go off on tangents :allears:

Be warned though that at one point Bryan starts to talk about the ROH PPV and tries to avoid spoiling something and Dave takes it to mean he doesn't know and blurts out the name of a wrestler who I assume hasn't technically won a title shot yet.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Big props to Bryan fighting a valiant rearguard action trying to make a single point about Kento Miyahara vs. Katsuhiko Nakajima while Dave kept trying to go off on tangents :allears:

This was incredible. As was Dave's excitement in trying to get to the FTR/BCG review :allears:

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

drat, deadlock's been bad about getting the pod up by Monday morning lately.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

explosivo posted:

drat, deadlock's been bad about getting the pod up by Monday morning lately.

the manic period is finally ending, expect DPW to close shop in a month

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

It's up now I retract the alarm

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

explosivo posted:

It's up now I eat corn the LOOOOOOONG way

Mafro
Jan 4, 2020

Jerusalem posted:

Be warned though that at one point Bryan starts to talk about the ROH PPV and tries to avoid spoiling something and Dave takes it to mean he doesn't know and blurts out the name of a wrestler who I assume hasn't technically won a title shot yet.

"Hold on"

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Pulse: More people should do the flying headbutt, if Harley Race can do it so can you!

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Suplex Liberace posted:

Pulse: More people should do the flying headbutt, if Harley Race can do it so can you!

All kinds of bad takes from Pulse this week

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
I haven't gotten to this week's Deadlock, but with that, and last week's "Booker T is a great commentator" and "the Mexicools were sweet" it's a bad stretch for Pulse.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.

Angry_Ed posted:

Real bad, like, "people really want matches that are 6-8 minutes long" bad

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

El Generico posted:

A lot of people do want matches that fit 15 minutes worth of stuff into 6-8 minutes.

I know it's true because I'm one of them

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

El Generico posted:

I mean... they kinda do? The one thing that the mid-80's boom period & the Attitude Era have in common are that the TV shows are full of short matches. The average person tolerates short matches for the big angles & wacky characters. The trick is knowing whether those people are worth booking for in the long run.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.

Malcolm Excellent posted:

A lot of people do want matches that fit 15 minutes worth of stuff into 6-8 minutes.

I know it's true because I'm one of them

I lived through peak TNA

It gets old, trust me

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Angry_Ed posted:

Hes right though the flying headbutt rules.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Lol Dave does it again around the 21:00 mark of today's WOR when they run down the ROH card. Bryan, exasperatedly - "you're just determined to get that out there, huh?" :xd:

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Dango Bango posted:

Lol Dave does it again around the 21:00 mark of today's WOR when they run down the ROH card. Bryan, exasperatedly - "you're just determined to get that out there, huh?" :xd:

Feel like wanting to avoid spoilers and deciding to listen to the podcast by the wrestling news man probably shouldn't go together

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

forkboy84 posted:

Feel like wanting to avoid spoilers and deciding to listen to the podcast by the wrestling news man probably shouldn't go together

Oh I don't care at all about the spoiler in this case. I was laughing about how exasperated Bryan was.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
I'm still on Sunday's show and goddamn am I sick of Bryan. I don't listen to WOR to hear Bryan's dumb basic observations about 2 random matches that he thinks are such brilliant precious thoughts. Shut the gently caress up and let Dave give us analysis of the billion matches we had this week. Goddamn!

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

1glitch0 posted:

I'm still on Sunday's show and goddamn am I sick of Bryan. I don't listen to WOR to hear Bryan's dumb basic observations about 2 random matches that he thinks are such brilliant precious thoughts. Shut the gently caress up and let Dave give us analysis of the billion matches we had this week. Goddamn!
If you care so much about Dave's opinions I hear he writes a newsletter every week you can read...

81sidewinder
Sep 8, 2014

Buying stocks on the day of the crash

MassRafTer posted:

Yes, he got divorced but much later than the weirdos were saying. He was married when the rumors started and for years afterwards.

This is what he wanted us to believe

doos
Jan 1, 2015

Angry_Ed posted:

I forgive all his bad takes for him going in so hard against Val Venis. GET THE gently caress OUT OF OUR COMPANY

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
If you ever wanted to hear a vivid accurate biological description of cumming then today's Bryan and Vinny is for you.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Lid posted:

If you ever wanted to hear a vivid accurate biological description of cumming then today's Bryan and Vinny is for you.

That poo poo was scientific!

Edit: Also enjoyed Craig just giving up when Bryan insisted that Tanahashi's Shake, Rattle & Roll couldn't be an Elvis reference because the move wasn't called that in the early 2000s when AJ Styles(?) used it.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Thats not what Craig was frustrated about - Craig thought the move was called the Twist and Shout and done by the Flying Elvis' but Bryan and Vinny were explaining that's Tanahashi's name for it. Craig was going to point out that Twist and Shout was a song popularised by The Beatles so they couldn't even get their move names right.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh yeah I got the details mixed up, I've been as wildly misinformed as Bryan Alvarez! :sweatdrop:

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

NXT North American champion Dominoes Mysterio :xd:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Dango Bango posted:

NXT North American champion Dominoes Mysterio :xd:

Oh my God!!!

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1681809632380227584

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
https://twitter.com/obeybrookes/status/1681856188156354560?s=46&t=_akPFYiqAqKbxYd3RPf4Jg

He’s right and he should say it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doos
Jan 1, 2015

They're both right.

[edit] Well, maybe Chris is agreeing. He probably is.