Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad
22.96 acres? I can finally park my aircraft carrier!

Not sure about having to pay $10 million in taxes though, good thing I read the fine print.

Edit: Not saying it's fake, this one is certainly real: https://www.redfin.com/MA/Boston/411-Beacon-St-02115/home/179750342

EasilyConfused has a new favorite as of 01:14 on Jul 15, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

I am not good at math, but how does 350k price translate to 835k monthly mortgage?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I would totally just vibe in that tower. Depending on the location it could be pretty great.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

cult_hero posted:

I am not good at math, but how does 350k price translate to 835k monthly mortgage?

also what do you need 111 dollars homeowners insurance for

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

cult_hero posted:

Property tax based on the 23 acre lot size is my guess

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

This place keeps escalating as you scroll down.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/3420-Navajo-Ln-Provo-UT-84604/11924076_zpid/

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

There's some loud carpet in that place.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I need everything in the house to be pearlescent.

Also the SCP containment unit, that too.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

:psyduck:

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

The perfectly ordinary modern white fridge sticks out like a sore thumb.

Need to find an old one in Harvest Gold color. And if you open it up there's a complete set of that super-sturdy old tupperware in there.

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Ok I actually love that.

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

The thing that sticks out the most to me in that sea of pure noise is just the blatantly unfinished area

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Mad Hamish posted:

Ok I actually love that.

:same:

E: Sent the link to a friend of mine. The sad thing is, she's probably right.

Zamboni Rodeo has a new favorite as of 18:54 on Jul 17, 2023

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

Does this excite you, girl?

1974 never ended in that house.

coldpudding
May 14, 2009

FORUM GHOST

That's awesome, I'd try to preserve it just the way it is as a rare snapshot of the past, heck it'd make for a good filming location.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

coldpudding posted:

it'd make for a good filming location.

For a sequel to The Shining.

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Zamboni Rodeo posted:

:same:

E: Sent the link to a friend of mine. The sad thing is, she's probably right.

It is hideously true and makes me irrationally upset.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Blue Footed Booby posted:

There's some loud carpet in that place.

Original wallpaper, you figure? If the flooring in the basement is vinyl rather than carpet, I would keep it.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

That's sooooooooo much carpet.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

I love '70s house, and I'm amazed décor is in such good shape since it looks to be literally from the early 70s. The only things I can see that look a bit battered are the kitchen cabinet doors, and that's an easy fix. The metallic wallpaper on the side of the stairs in picture 27 is fantastic, I love it!.
Also the basement carpet triggered the 1-2-3-4-5 pinball song from Sesame Street as soon as I saw it.

edit: for a really depressing comparison, check out this office -> home conversion

https://www.coldwellbanker.com/ca/san-rafael/777-grand-ave-ste-204/lid-P00800000GCCvKNpe1vPsmgQe3iqhC1h8IvmjJ3x

Wee sample:

Pookah has a new favorite as of 20:25 on Jul 17, 2023

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

https://twitter.com/PlanningShit/status/1680935608452038656

:frogbon:

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

Pookah posted:

I love '70s house, and I'm amazed décor is in such good shape since it looks to be literally from the early 70s. The only things I can see that look a bit battered are the kitchen cabinet doors, and that's an easy fix. The metallic wallpaper on the side of the stairs in picture 27 is fantastic, I love it!.
Also the basement carpet triggered the 1-2-3-4-5 pinball song from Sesame Street as soon as I saw it.

edit: for a really depressing comparison, check out this office -> home conversion

https://www.coldwellbanker.com/ca/san-rafael/777-grand-ave-ste-204/lid-P00800000GCCvKNpe1vPsmgQe3iqhC1h8IvmjJ3x

Wee sample:

This is Colin Robinson's dream home!

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Pookah posted:

Wee sample:

Came to post this one too. I love the image you posted in particular, love to have carpets which exhibit the moire effect.

Neon Noodle
Nov 11, 2016

there's nothing wrong here in montana

Where we’re going, we won’t need windows to see

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

coldpudding posted:

That's awesome, I'd try to preserve it just the way it is as a rare snapshot of the past, heck it'd make for a good filming location.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Getting a real Brady Bunch/Lime-Jell-O vibe

Fighting Trousers posted:

1974 never ended in that house.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Something tells me the front elevation looks exactly the way the architect drew it

Like, you could hold up the posterboard in front of the house and the only difference is one would look a hair more watercolory

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Pookah posted:

Wee sample:

I wonder how much of that cursed vibe is just due to the horrendous carpet and the ceiling panels. If you were to put in some nice wood flooring and a more uniform ceiling with warmer lights that would probably feel a lot more livable.

fake edit: There's no saving the loving airplane-tier bathroom though, goddamn

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I live in a 70s house.

1870s. Love my 40 000-metre-high ceilings. Changing a lightbulb means I have to build a sort of ziggurat out of furniture because my ladder won't reach.

coldpudding
May 14, 2009

FORUM GHOST

It's the twits house, don't let the furniture on the ceiling fool you into standing on your head or you'll get the shrinks.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I live in a 70s house.

1870s. Love my 40 000-metre-high ceilings. Changing a lightbulb means I have to build a sort of ziggurat out of furniture because my ladder won't reach.

My mum's house has a staircase that sort of spirals up along two walls and a floating bit in the hall. Unfortunately the upstairs landing light bulb is directly in the middle of the spiral so to change the bulb you have to climb a ladder and then lean out over the void to the floor below.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

OwlFancier posted:

My mum's house has a staircase that sort of spirals up along two walls and a floating bit in the hall. Unfortunately the upstairs landing light bulb is directly in the middle of the spiral so to change the bulb you have to climb a ladder and then lean out over the void to the floor below.

We've got one of those void holes too. I get queasy just thinking about changing the bulb :(
I was just trying to estimate and I think the highest point of the wall beside the staircase is well over 30 feet, which makes ceiling repairs and even basic redecorating a huge chore requiring scaffolding.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

Pookah posted:

We've got one of those void holes too. I get queasy just thinking about changing the bulb :(
I was just trying to estimate and I think the highest point of the wall beside the staircase is well over 30 feet, which makes ceiling repairs and even basic redecorating a huge chore requiring scaffolding.

This tool (or similar available in Ireland) is your friend, a little bit of learning curve, but invaluable for changing bulbs like that. Source: working with my dad for years in lighting and changing hard-to-reach bulbs. Practice on some easily changed ones in lower areas and you'll have the hang of it in no time.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
We've posted some houses but boy do I have a house for you. There are 82 pictures in the listing and well... I'm not even going to timg these:

From the description:

quote:

The oceanfront home of Hawaiian Tropic founder

That might explain the headshots of women all over the place, but it still doesn't reduce the likelihood he's a serial killer hiding in plain sight too.

quote:

own a piece of Ormond Beach history where celebrities, dignitaries and even past presidents have gathered.

100% chance it was the orange one but also 90% chance it was Billy too.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

$4,750,000?! That's barely a dollar per weird representation of a woman! :ohno:

sleepy gary
Jan 11, 2006

I'm the box of kleenex on the central thing with a fume hood

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
If you don't have a box of tissues at the center of your sleeze den so you can crank out a quickie looking at any smut-covered wall of the room, are you really decorating properly?

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

Thank you for posting those images at full size, it was a feast for the eyes.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Those giant photos of women with dates attached seemed super :chloe: but I googled one of them and it looks like they're all the winners of the Miss Hawaiian Tropic International swimsuit competition and the dates are the year they won. I'm not cancelling the :chloe: though, it's still weird and creepy.

If you're wondering why the house is still full of the guy's bizarre poo poo it's because he died last year. That silver plated garbage can you can see in the 1st and 3rd photos was apparently the original garbage can he used to perfect the formula for Hawaiian Tropic sunscreen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

That silver plated garbage can you can see in the 1st and 3rd photos was apparently the original garbage can he used to perfect the formula for Hawaiian Tropic sunscreen.

Y'know what, that I respect. "This garbage can bought me this fuckin' house!"