Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

:letsgo:

https://twitter.com/TheWheelOfTime/status/1681650161746055169?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
Trailer up!!

https://twitter.com/TheWheelOfTime/status/1681650161746055169

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Selene/Lanfear!

Hexel fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Jul 19, 2023

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Hexel posted:

Lanfear!

That's clearly Selene!

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Hexel posted:

Selene/Lanfear!

That's seleen obviously

BigHead
Jul 25, 2003
Huh?

Nap Ghost
Lanfear, Turak, and the aiel kicking rear end. Heck yeah!!

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

What’s that wheel thing he’s strapped to?

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Invalid Validation posted:

It's the wheel of time obviously.

Literally the name of the show and book. Jeeze.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

All the folks wishing Natasha was Elaida on life support

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Hexel posted:

All the folks wishing Natasha was Elaida on life support

She's already been confirmed as Lanselenefear

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

I'm pretty sure that's in Tel'aran'rhiod or possibly a dream shard

Prairie Bus
Sep 22, 2006

That music was a real bad choice. But who am I kidding, I’ll watch the show unless it’s radioactive garbage.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

Some sort of Tire-like object.

It's been a while since I've read the first books. Does anything in that trailer stand out as being a cool part from the books?

TURTLE SLUT
Dec 12, 2005

Or it's related to flicker flicker flicker?

Trailer wasn't too exciting in itself and the music sucks but really pumped for S2.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

They've put up a huge alt text tweet

https://twitter.com/TheWheelOfTime/status/1681650964477136901

TURTLE SLUT
Dec 12, 2005

Hughmoris posted:

It's been a while since I've read the first books. Does anything in that trailer stand out as being a cool part from the books?
There's at least Nynaeve's Accepted test and Liandrin kidnapping the girls out of the Tower, looks like? And a bunch of probably really cool poo poo with the Seanchan but I can't think of a specific scene.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Did I see some kinda crazy flaming sword in there? Isn't that book 3 Rand?

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Hexel posted:

There's 14 books and 7 seasons planned, this season is supposed to be 2 and 3 mostly.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Any chance the woman bathed in blood is Lanfear being freed from the seal? That would be a cool thing to see.

Was that Rand in the White Tower at the end? Did that happen before the end of the series? I honestly forget.

Prairie Bus posted:

That music was a real bad choice. But who am I kidding, I’ll watch the show unless it’s radioactive garbage.

Agreed, the music was the worst part of the trailer.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

That would be very funny if the wheel thing is supposed to literally be Rand struggling with being shackled to the Wheel of Time. I will only accept it if he dramatically growls about being shackled to fate and how he will break free.

TURTLE SLUT
Dec 12, 2005

thrawn527 posted:

Was that Rand in the White Tower at the end? Did that happen before the end of the series? I honestly forget.
Nope. I guess they're sort of juggling the meeting Rand has with Siuan in Book 2 in Fal Dara into happening in Tar Valon instead.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

That's Lanfear in blood, yes.

If anyone wants any stills, they're all getting uploaded here

https://twitter.com/WotTVSeries/status/1681655045626970112

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

thrawn527 posted:

Any chance the woman bathed in blood is Lanfear being freed from the seal? That would be a cool thing to see.

Agreed, the music was the worst part of the trailer.

No, he didn't go to the tower until waaay later in the books.

That bit looks very dream like though, so i'm not sure he's really there.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

This ought to be an interesting scene

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Hexel posted:

They're condensing a chunk of 2 and 3 together which is pretty reasonable since a lot of the major plot arcs are shared (together, split up, Rand is angsty about being the dragon, together at the end, fight with Ishy)

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

thrawn527 posted:

The woman bathed in blood is 100% Lanfear, the body double confirmed it to wotseries a while ago.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

If this trailer is anything to go by, it seems rather like this season feels more like the books than S1 did?

Now that the Dragon puzzlebox element is gone, seems like they're focusing on the things that actually were major book plot elements.

Data Graham fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Jul 19, 2023

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Data Graham posted:

If this trailer is anything to go by, it seems rather like this season feels more like the books than S1 did?

From what I've read they're actually going more off track this season than season 1, but mostly because a) they're combining two books, and 2) they have to get things back on track after the disruptions to s1 production and that means a lot of moving pieces around.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Data Graham posted:

To me at least, 100% yes. But that may be a result of the first book also not feeling like the rest of the books, and they've now moved beyond that.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Rand is doing the cat crosses the courtyard strut

https://twitter.com/Listenerbell_/status/1681658391335170049?s=20

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Lanfear! Aw hell yeah you get it you crazy rear end in a top hat.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

It looks like Ishy does some kinda channeling to release Lanfear so this must be at the Bore right?

The Strike sealed the Bore to the Dark One's prison using the cuendillar seals, imprisoning the Dark One and the thirteen Forsaken

https://twitter.com/maiden_of_spear/status/1681661809214849024?s=20

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

hoping this can be a place where people who generally like the show can post normal stuff (inc normal criticism) and the dumbest motherfuckers on the planet can continue to complain about the photoshop quality of the poster in the tviv thread :pray:

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

Hughmoris posted:

Some sort of Tire-like object.

I thought I saw near the end a bit of the Stone of Tear exploding right after Mat does something. I'm probably wrong though.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Hexel posted:

It looks like Ishy does some kinda channeling to release Lanfear so this must be at the Bore right?

The Strike sealed the Bore to the Dark One's prison using the cuendillar seals, imprisoning the Dark One and the thirteen Forsaken

https://twitter.com/maiden_of_spear/status/1681661809214849024?s=20

Given the amount of blood, they might also be establishing the resurrection mechanism of The dark One

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

That's fine, make the Dark One horrifying.

A lot of the forces of the Shadow and the things the Dark One does aren't as weird or gross in-book as I felt they should be. Shayol Ghul should have been much more unsettling than it was but all we had was a moveable spiked ceiling.

El Grillo
Jan 3, 2008
Fun Shoe
And the forge where they sacrifice people to make the mydraal blades right?

I think I also saw Rand facing Tuvok in the trailer too, wonder if they get him doing more sword fighting this book or make him more power-focused.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

El Grillo posted:

I think I also saw Rand facing Tuvok in the trailer too, wonder if they get him doing more sword fighting this book or make him more logic-focused.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

El Grillo posted:

And the forge where they sacrifice people to make the mydraal blades right?

I think I also saw Rand facing Tuvok in the trailer too, wonder if they get him doing more sword fighting this book or make him more power-focused.

I liked the mydraal blades thing in the books. There was the occasional nod to logistics for the Dark One's forces in the books, like when they talked about how the Trolloc's only source of food during the last battle was their own dead. There were too many to feed with anything else, so Lan and his forces were burning them after every battle to starve them.

The forge place really kind of showed just how simple it was to them, they literally just have stone golems that forge and kill people all day. It's undeniably evil and hosed up, but to them it's just Tuesday. It's kind of the banality of horror, rather than just gore and that to me has a place in the story. The Forsaken are trying to take over the world after all, and so they think they would need to rule over something.

I hope they get a bit more into Rand learning to fight with a sword. It was a big part of the books, and maybe he can't beat Lan or Tam but he should be able to handle himself against most people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
For all the talk of combining books 2 and 3 this season it didn't really look like there was much book 3 material in that trailer