Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Ukraine War: Thread for discussing how the holodomor thread defniitely DIDN'T happen

Thoughts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
the deployment of wagner in the DRC is just basic anti-imperialism vanguard action, duh

e:

Toxic Mental posted:

Ukraine War: Thread for discussing how the holodomor thread defniitely DIDN'T happen

Thoughts?

only if you have a bug zapper tailored for tankies that see the tantalizing glow of genocide apologia and decide to risk it for the biscuit

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Toxic Mental posted:

Thoughts?

Sounds dumb as hell, tbh

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Toxic Mental posted:

Thoughts?

Resulted in an angry post just two posts later, has potential

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

To once and for all demonstrate that the Holodomor never happened, Russia proceeds to starve the world of grain. "It's absolutely not the same thing," says Lavrov. "The people that are going to starve aren't Ukrainian. Although we would like them to starve too."

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

Mokotow posted:

Yep, use it.

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

... but I'll grind it good for you

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Wait what they're starving Africans???? Is that a new anti imperialist idea I need to follow

A lot of the grain going from Ukrainia is for the African market, and they are the ones who least can afford rising grain costs

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Destroying the Kerch was a terrorist attack

Destroying 60,000 tons of grain? Oh that's an above board military operation

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Mokotow posted:

Who's angry?

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
The Soviet Union used to execute soldiers who were found to have more than their allotment of rations under the justifications that more than 1 portion of bread for a man in one day made him a kulak and simultaneously not having faith in the Red Army to provide regular rations so you'd get executed for disparaging the army if they didn't get you for ideological failure

jaete
Jun 21, 2009

Nap Ghost

Toxic Mental posted:

Thoughts?

How many iterations has this thread gone through so far where some tankies whine at the mods in SAD until the thread gets closed? Three? They got someone demodded too

Right now the situation isn't too bad, but I guess if you want to change that then go ahead

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

jaete posted:

How many iterations has this thread gone through so far where some tankies whine at the mods in SAD until the thread gets closed? Three? They got someone demodded too

Right now the situation isn't too bad, but I guess if you want to change that then go ahead

to be quite frank with you those assholes are going to be mad all the time no matter what, they literally would not be happy until only their thread is remaining, and to that end I don't tend to really care what makes the tankies piss in their morning cheerios because, just like with chuds, they're gonna do it anyway and giving anything into them just encourages it more

tldr: post whatever the gently caress you want, it wont make any difference about the level of whining

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

jaete posted:

Yeah, no need to throw red meat at the slavering tankie jackals, really.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

jaete posted:

Yeah, it just feels like trying to stir forums war poo poo, which, I mean, if you wanna do that, I can't stop ya, go hog wild, I guess

RDM
Apr 6, 2009

I LOVE FINLAND AND ESPECIALLY FINLAND'S MILITARY ALLIANCES, GOOGLE FINLAND WORLD WAR 2 FOR MORE INFORMATION SLAVA UKRANI
Ukraine War: America Arms Peaceful Democratic Country's Fight Against Genocidal Imperialism

Ukraine War: Thank God The Military-Industrial Complex Is Protecting Democracy from Fascist Invaders

Tankies don't actually give a gently caress if the holodomor happened unless they can blame America.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

I'd like the thread to last up until Putin gives a mission accomplished speech in Vladivostok.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
its very cool that we, in an entirely different forum and thread, have rules binding us strictly to what we can and cannot do imposed by the same people who have a genocide jokes thread and a U-R war thread filled with dozens of photoshopped orc erotic novel covers that would get you probed for 2 weeks if posted here

cool, cool, why not let them make the rules for every other forum while the admins are at it? brillant decision making :cool:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

HonorableTB fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Jul 20, 2023

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

jaete posted:

There's something you could add to that potential thread title at the end of it that would give a 95% chance of it popping off again

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

I'd like the thread to last up until Putin gives a mission accomplished speech in Vladivostok Berlin.

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.

Toxic Mental posted:

Thoughts?

itll rank amongst the more hilarious honeypots ever created :hai:

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

grumplestiltzkin posted:

itll rank amongst the more hilarious honeypots ever created :hai:

This is also very true

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

if putin doesn't sink all those ships full of grain, how will he increase russia's food export revenue to fund the war? answer that genus

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
lol @ the image used for the probation

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

BeefThief posted:

if putin doesn't sink all those ships full of grain, how will he increase russia's food export revenue to fund the war? answer that genus

I keep forgetting when Russia does a bad thing it's actually a good thing sorry thanks for reminding me

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
https://twitter.com/JuliaDavisNews/status/1681761452573466626

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7CAWfwkCV4

lmao fascism in overdrive.

This prick needs to fall out of a window

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Worse is yet to come, propagandist. If you think you've seen everything already, you have zero idea of what Ukraine's going to do to your "army" next.

Tuna-Fish
Sep 13, 2017

spankmeister posted:

He might though, the Serbs gave up Milosevic. But I agree it's unlikely.

Milosevic never concentrated power the way Putin has.

Putin is never going to end up in the Hague, for the simple reason that either:
1. Putin is in power, and says gently caress that.
2. Putin is not in power, and whoever replaced him made sure Putin had a tragic window-related accident while at the same time shooting himself in the head while drinking some polonium tea.

Whether it happens because of natural causes or because someone helps him with it, Putin is going to leave office feet first.

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

Toxic Mental posted:

Thoughts?

The thread knows where the genocide happened because it knows where it didn't. If you subtract where the genocide was from where it wasn't....

zone
Dec 6, 2016

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

The Russian missile and drone attacks of Odessa are being repeated, now, tonight, and at a much larger scale.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Tantrum time

zone
Dec 6, 2016

the popes toes posted:

The Russian missile and drone attacks of Odessa are being repeated, now, tonight, and at a much larger scale.

Seems like they aren't going to stop until the port is completely destroyed. Yet another crime to lay at POCCNR's feet

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Putin is a real piece of poo poo.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

Sedgr posted:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Sedgr posted:

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.

HonorableTB posted:

The Soviet Union used to execute soldiers who were found to have more than their allotment of rations under the justifications that more than 1 portion of bread for a man in one day made him a kulak and simultaneously not having faith in the Red Army to provide regular rations so you'd get executed for disparaging the army if they didn't get you for ideological failure

I was reading up on kulaks and you could be called a kulak just for having 2 more cows than your neighbor. The soviet definition was very subjective.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

I had a thought, has anything like this ever been attempted to coerce surrender of troops?

Just giant tents advertising hookers, cocaine, water, medicine, warm beds and pizza.

In my head it would be immensely effective.

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

anonumos posted:

I was reading up on kulaks and you could be called a kulak just for having 2 more cows than your neighbor. The soviet definition was very subjective.

Foolish kulaks ghoulishly gulaged for too much goulash.

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

anonumos posted:

It was just a way to steal property from the poor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

Kchama posted:

It was just a way to steal property from the poor.

Also a way for a neighbor to get a cow for the trifling sum of a denouncement.