Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
those colour pages make it so bad to read

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Holy poo poo, not only is it fan colored, but on the first page there's a translator's note that's commentary on what's going on.

Those madmen have finally done it, a translated scan so bad that even I cannot bring myself to read it.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
I did it - I read the bad scan. I implore you *coughs up blood* don't be like me. Have patience...

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Eiba posted:

Holy poo poo, not only is it fan colored, but on the first page there's a translator's note that's commentary on what's going on.

Those madmen have finally done it, a translated scan so bad that even I cannot bring myself to read it.

More like psyopscans

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Eiba posted:

early scans readers deserve it.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Looks like Garp pulled a Whitebeard.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I read it and I'd read it again too.

thank god Garp will be fine

Malah
May 18, 2015

I meditate in the rain, at peace with my decision to not read the bad scans because I'm afraid to turn my desktop on during this gnarly storm

Malah fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Jul 19, 2023

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

the translator note is so good

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Irony Be My Shield posted:

This chapter seems like a banger so I'll wait for the good scan

every chapter is a banger and thus I always wait for the good scan

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

I read every scan, all the time. my mighty brain weighs heavy like vegapunks.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Yeah, I'm not even discussing the chapter until a better scan comes out. The translation is fine, but colouring half the pages randomly is the most bizarre and irritating thing they could have done.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Yeah, I'm not even discussing the chapter until a better scan comes out. The translation is fine, but colouring half the pages randomly is the most bizarre and irritating thing they could have done.

It's not even random it's them stopping halfway because the people demand the chapter NOW.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

It's literally to cover up the fact that they have very terrible quality scans this week.

And the sad thing is that you see idiots online eat it up and think that it's better than the regular high quality black and white scans. Talk about a bunch of suckers....

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Fake 60 fps chapter, it's that good One Piece, but goddamn it looks poo poo.

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

Julias posted:

It's literally to cover up the fact that they have very terrible quality scans this week.

And the sad thing is that you see idiots online eat it up and think that it's better than the regular high quality black and white scans. Talk about a bunch of suckers....

Anime/manga fans doing piracy are some of the dumbest people online. Try looking at the comments on nyaa for files, so many people asking for 60FPS anime. Not to mention their horrible preference for no film grain and widescreen poisoning the well of physical releases…

Lpzie 2
Nov 1, 2022

When you elect nuts, you get squirrels!
Good ch.!

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Electric Phantasm posted:

It's not even random it's them stopping halfway because the people demand the chapter NOW.

They were right to do so

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Lpzie 2 posted:

Good ch.!

drat this chapter brought you back to life :eyepop:

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
And now TCB Scans version is out:

https://tcbscans.com/chapters/7441/one-piece-chapter-1088?date=19-7-2023-20

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

extremely good chapter

I was fully cheering for Koby

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Did Koby use Emission? His attack didn't touch Pizarro's hand.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Also where the gently caress is Bogard lol

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me

Plutonis posted:

Did Koby use Emission? His attack didn't touch Pizarro's hand.

Koby used honesty.

It was super effective!

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Plutonis posted:

Also where the gently caress is Bogard lol

We saw him on the ship last chapter. So all the Bogard hype was for nothing.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

gently caress yeah, Koby is awesome

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Holy gently caress Koby. I'm glad Oda pretty much address my fears, that was one of hella of a drat punch.

also yeah Garps fine, just a flesh wound.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

There was Bogard hype?

Also, great chapter.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
Who the gently caress is Bogard?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

Who the gently caress is Bogard?

*looks him up*

I have never seen this man before in my entire life

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Finally we know Garp's true personal justice.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/AshofOurTime/status/1681599738976649216?s=20

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Terrible I love it

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

All of the quote retweets are about the Ms. Marvel show lol

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

I can already see the series' epilogue with Koby as fleet admiral

and RIP Garp, dies with a smile on his face

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Waffleman_ posted:

All of the quote retweets are about the Ms. Marvel show lol

Ms. Marvel is an even greater battleground in the culture war than Yamato.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
im kinda bummed because this seems like Garp’s last hurrah, I mean I guess it’s not a great sign that he’s surrounded by a small army and four Titanic Commanders, or the giant spike of ice poking out of his chest, but worst of all by far is that he’s smiling. :(

But yeah, holy poo poo Koby, from one hapless chore boy to that flex, through nothing but training harder than almost anyone else. No wonder he had his growth spurt before the time skip.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Last Celebration posted:

im kinda bummed because this seems like Garp’s last hurrah, I mean I guess it’s not a great sign that he’s surrounded by a small army and four Titanic Commanders, or the giant spike of ice poking out of his chest, but worst of all by far is that he’s smiling. :(

But yeah, holy poo poo Koby, from one hapless chore boy to that flex, through nothing but training harder than almost anyone else. No wonder he had his growth spurt before the time skip.

I’m guessing he’ll be kept by Blackbeard as an ice statue trophy and will be thawed out sometime during the final battle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Last Celebration posted:

You know who also had a D. in their name and got frozen by Kuzan?

Saul. And Luffy.

You know who's also alive?

Saul. And Luffy.