Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Oh, right, now I remember how it ended up the last time I looked at boom lifts. It's WAY cheaper to buy a huge 1980s F8000 boom lift truck. Like $3k vs. $15k+ I do not want to store a 2 1/2 ton truck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Quit whining and buy the drat truck so we all have something to Ooo Ahhh at

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Motronic posted:

Oh, right, now I remember how it ended up the last time I looked at boom lifts. It's WAY cheaper to buy a huge 1980s F8000 boom lift truck. Like $3k vs. $15k+ I do not want to store a 2 1/2 ton truck.

The AI / HCH cross-over we all deserve.

SpeedFreek
Jan 10, 2008
And Im Lobster Jesus!

Motronic posted:

I see them up for auction all the time, trucks go way cheaper than the self propelled boom lifts. Its not the storage but not wanting one more thing to maintain for me.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

H110Hawk posted:

3 stories up? Your answer is to have a roofer install some hard points on your ridge and use a fall harness. If you fall you probably won't be having any more kids if you have external equipment but you will be alive and not in that terrible "I survive a 2-3 story fall" way.

And make sure you have a rescue plan for when you fall of the ladder because you reached over too far after thinking "gently caress it, I've got a harness, even if I fall I'll be fine".

Aquila
Jan 24, 2003

Verman posted:

My mom learned a lesson a year or two ago. She weed wacked around their mailbox/driveway in 3/4 length pants. She wasn't aware that there was anything poisonous but must have wacked some poison ivy because her legs went loving bananas with a rash, got super infected and we're pretty painful for a few months.

Never weed wack with bare skin showing on your lower half.

Thanks for this anecdote, some of the volunteers at the botanical garden I run suggested wacking a patch of poison oak that's encroaching on a trail. I told them no, but am concerned they'll do it anyways. Our botanist things it's probably too late in the season to use herbicides, so we either close the trail for a year or hire a crew that knows what they're doing to clear it.

Motronic posted:

Trip report:

Good addition to this setup. Works just fine. I should have ordered a second battery (and put diesel in the tractor because I only realized it was almost empty when I started working). The little saw is perfect for "limbing" branches so they fit in my pathetically small chipper.

Wow now I really want a setup like this for my park. Biggest problem is no where safe to store it.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

CommonShore posted:

The hosed up thing with poison ivy is that you can get it on delay or even take a few exposures before your body starts reacting to it. Wide berth.

You can also get it 2nd dog. We were up at my daughter's toney neighborhood a few months back, walking the dogs around the duck pond. My border collie loves to ramble through the brambles, spreading his funk, and sure enough he plowed right through a patch of what I was sure was poison ivy. Google Lens seemed to think so too.

What's funny is when we used to go golfing a few years back, she and her husband (both highly allergic) would freak out over common ivy and weeds in the rough. They totally missed this. Doggie got the dreaded hose bath with Dawn, towelled down in the yard, then treats. No casualties.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Ambassadorofsodomy posted:

And make sure you have a rescue plan for when you fall of the ladder because you reached over too far after thinking "gently caress it, I've got a harness, even if I fall I'll be fine".

Get some of those stirrup loops for when you might have to hang there for a while.

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

I like your kubota; the one we have has no cab. It's like from the 80s but I love the float on the scoop; so smooth. Best tractor we have imo.

Motronic posted:

Trip report:

Good addition to this setup. Works just fine. I should have ordered a second battery (and put diesel in the tractor because I only realized it was almost empty when I started working). The little saw is perfect for "limbing" branches so they fit in my pathetically small chipper.

Congrats on the ryobi, glad you like it. Only thing I thought was the chain might be a bit cheap, but I figure that could be replaced with Oregon chain later once you use it more.

For the battery, good news: DTO is having 30% off sitewide AND free shipping with coupon code JULYFREESHIP

I'm assuming you're getting it shipped, so I sorted for ship to home and factory blem (factory blems have full warranty; reconditioned ones do not). I also filtered this for tool sets with battery included.
https://www.directtoolsoutlet.com/s...evance&catalog=

Source thread: https://slickdeals.net/f/16810244-direct-tools-outlet-30-off-most-items-free-shipping

Sale ends July 23, 2023 at 11:59PM EST

My personal opinion is that the 2AH ones are good for that tool. That's for you to decide though, but the 4AH ones are real chonky and it makes the pole saw even heavier.

Usually this is where I'd recommend the fan kit, but I don't see it available. There's a Bucket Top Misting Fan Kit w/ 1.5 AH Battery + Charger for $62.99
https://www.directtoolsoutlet.com/product/PCL851K

But that's also kind of pricey imo.

People have talked a lot abouit the 4 Gal Backpack sprayer:
https://www.directtoolsoutlet.com/product/P2860
That comes with a 2AH + Charger for $118.99
That's kind pricey but not -too- pricey if you need one.

Cheaper... if you need a 1/2 gallon handheld chemical fogger + 2AH battery, that's $30
https://www.directtoolsoutlet.com/product/P2850

Handheld sprayer w/ 1.5AH is $42
https://www.directtoolsoutlet.com/product/PSP01K

I just found those sorting by lowest price
https://www.directtoolsoutlet.com/s...=price&catalog=

Anyhow, you could dig deeper; it's almost always better to buy tool + battery instead of battery alone on DTO. There also might be some good Ryobi Days deals at Home Depot right now, but not sure.

There should be a bunch of 18V gardening kits (weed whacker, blower, trimmer; 2 or 3 of those) for around ~$100 - $150. There's a lot of generations on those and the cheaper ones are usually bundled. Feel free to ask questions in thread. I'll additionally impart that 30% off + free shipping is good for small stuff but often times there will be deeper sales if you plan to buy more; just as long as you're paying attention.
Example: 2x 2AH Battery + weed whacker + blower + trimmer for $133. This was cheaper last week.
https://www.directtoolsoutlet.com/product/P20131VNM

Blower is only 90MPH/200CFM though.

Edit: Also reminds me Ryobi has so much random crap. Do you need a Telescoping Pole Pump + 2AH Battery + Charger for $112?
https://www.directtoolsoutlet.com/product/RY20UP022KVNM

I didn't before, now I'm not sure.

Edit2: Okay, actually while this says the Home Depot deal is dead, it's not (or it came back alive again):
https://slickdeals.net/f/16656323-2...?src=SiteSearch

So the 4AH batteries heavier, but you can get 2x 4AH batteries + a "free" tool for $99. There's about 20 to choose from.
https://www.homedepot.com/p/RYOBI-ONE-18V-Lithium-Ion-4-0-Ah-Battery-2-Pack-and-Charger-Kit-PSK006/315424283
You choose Free Gift with Purchase and it will put both in checkout.

They also have 2x 4AH Batteries + 1x 2AH Battery + Bag... but these are the HP batteries. These are compatible with the old tools but have an extra contact to work with the new "HP" tools to give them a little more "oomph". Comes with a "free" tool. Without HP batteries, HP tools don't meet the specs as advertised.
$200... I'm less enthused about. But they're all newer, brushless HP tools so there's that. The tool selection should include more of the expensive stuff too.
https://www.homedepot.com/p/RYOBI-O...SK007/318898636

Ryobi Days @ HD usually has some good deals if you need big batteries and cannot lie.

BeAuMaN fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Jul 23, 2023

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
Anyone have the Ryobi dremel knockoff? Is it any good? We can't find our hazard fraught one and kind of want a new one. Looks to be similarly priced ish to a Dremel brand one, but would use an existing battery system I already own? (Also be cordless?)

https://www.directtoolsoutlet.com/product/PBLRT01B

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

H110Hawk posted:

Anyone have the Ryobi dremel knockoff? Is it any good? We can't find our hazard fraught one and kind of want a new one. Looks to be similarly priced ish to a Dremel brand one, but would use an existing battery system I already own? (Also be cordless?)

https://www.directtoolsoutlet.com/product/PBLRT01B

there’s a few Ryobi dremels:

Two corded at different power levels
One big cordless internal-battery one
One smaller USB lithium one
Cheaper/older 18v whip style one
Pricier 18v whip style w/brushless motor

trilobite terror fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Jul 23, 2023

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Ok Comboomer posted:

there’s a few Ryobi dremels:

Two corded at different power levels
One big cordless internal-battery one
One smaller USB lithium one
Cheaper/older 18v whip style one
Pricier 18v whip style w/brushless motor

Welp. Now I'm overwhelmed, kind of like I get trying to figure out how to get an impact driver to go with my current regular drill.

https://www.directtoolsoutlet.com/product/PBLCK02K This looks tempting, but it's not the "compact" one. ahhhhh

H110Hawk fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Jul 23, 2023

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

H110Hawk posted:

Welp. Now I'm overwhelmed, kind of like I get trying to figure out how to get an impact driver to go with my current regular drill.

The one you posted looks like the last one on the list (came out last year, IIRC). People seem to like it but if you don’t like the whip dealie it seems a bit of a pain to deal with ergonomically. Personally I think the non-whip ones are more comfortable for general work and the whips are nice for woodworking/etc. $99 vs like $180 new is a hell of a deal

If you can have a look at one in person at Home Despot I’d recommend it

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

Ok Comboomer posted:

The one you posted looks like the last one on the list (came out last year, IIRC). People seem to like it but if you don’t like the whip dealie it seems a bit of a pain to deal with ergonomically. Personally I think the non-whip ones are more comfortable for general work and the whips are nice for woodworking/etc. $99 vs like $180 new is a hell of a deal

If you can have a look at one in person at Home Despot I’d recommend it
1.) The $98 one on DTO is tool only. Same tool only is $150 at home depot so still a much better deal, but you need a battery, leading into...
Edit: Actually, above, you can get the 2AH HP battery + Charger + Foot pedal for $150
2.) Since it's the HP line, they're supposed to be used with HP batteries. I have no idea how that affects performance for something like a cordless rotary tool. I don't have a use for rotary tools at this moment (maybe when my life is less on fire).

As I linked above you can spend $200 above to get 2x 4AH HP batteries and 1x 2AH HP Battery + the Rotary tool for $200... but then you're spending $200.

Edit: Okay actually screw all that.
https://www.directtoolsoutlet.com/product/PBLRT01K1
There... That one has the battery included for $7 more. And a 2AH HP battery, which you need HP batteries to get the most out of HP tools (how much that matters for every tool varies, and I couldn't say for the rotary tool)
Edit2: lol you just beat me to it. Yeah. Get that one. That seems like a good medium of getting tool + battery.

BeAuMaN fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Jul 23, 2023

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
https://www.directtoolsoutlet.com/product/PBLRT01K1

I linked the wrong one! They use a very similar picture. The "Kit" actually has a battery and foot pedal for $6 extra dollars. Thank you both! Wood working is what it would be for, it would largely live on a bench somewhere.

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

Also going to point out: If you go the HD Ryobi Days route, and you live in an area with a Menards, then HD still has a competing 11% rebate (in the form of an HD egift card afaik) until the end of tomorrow:
https://www.homedepotrebates11percent.com/#/home
List of participating stores: https://www.homedepotrebates11percent.com/media/uploads/1553695713243.pdf
There's a huge exclusion list though, so you might want to check search the SKU of the item on the list.

Digital War
May 28, 2006

Ahhh, poetry.

H110Hawk posted:

3 stories up? Your answer is to have a roofer install some hard points on your ridge and use a fall harness. If you fall you probably won't be having any more kids if you have external equipment but you will be alive and not in that terrible "I survive a 2-3 story fall" way.

I just use a J shaped length of PVC pipe and my shop vac. Just suck all the leaves out of my gutters on a regular basis. I can reach all my back gutters from windows on the 3rd story though so won't work for everyone.

Danhenge
Dec 16, 2005

Motronic posted:

Yes. I have one and used it once. It's entirely too heavy to be practical/useful at full extension. That's my excuse to buy a boom lift.

I just think I'll keep hiring the guy I hired earlier this week who, when I said I guess I should just have the gutters cleaned once a year from now on was like, "Maybe? Some people will tell you that you HAVE to do it twice a year, but I figure you'll know it when you need it and you can give me a call."

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Digital War posted:

I just use a J shaped length of PVC pipe and my shop vac. Just suck all the leaves out of my gutters on a regular basis. I can reach all my back gutters from windows on the 3rd story though so won't work for everyone.

Brilliant.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

My house and shop are close to two gravel roads and I went up on the roof and scraped more than half of an inch of clay out of my gutters a few weeks ago.

The most efficient tool was my hands.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
I bought it and a compact impact driver. :toot:

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

H110Hawk posted:

I bought it and a compact impact driver. :toot:
Nice.

On the note of Ryobi, since I was seriously wondering a while back: Why don't any of the power tool companies have a car jump starter?

Ryobi read my mind and I got an email today announcing one. Probably not going to see it on sale on DTO for another 6 - 12 months though.

https://www.ryobitools.com/products/details/33287215379

No price yet. I mean you can always just use some thick copper wire and do it that way but I was surprised I haven't seen anything like that on the market yet. I don't see any USB ports on it though, which is a missed opportunity.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

BeAuMaN posted:

I like your kubota; the one we have has no cab. It's like from the 80s but I love the float on the scoop; so smooth. Best tractor we have imo.

Kubota always seems to make a point of nice hydraulics and especially a great loader valve which is key on these little chore tractors. I had a Mahindra for a hot minute and the loader valve was so cheap.....SO SO cheap. Just a complete mess and probably the worst part was it didn't even have corner functions (like you couldn't lift and dump at the same time).

BeAuMaN posted:

Congrats on the ryobi, glad you like it. Only thing I thought was the chain might be a bit cheap, but I figure that could be replaced with Oregon chain later once you use it more.

You are such an enabler. I already ordered a spare battery, and should have waited for your to post so I could have gotten a hot glue gun for like $8 more. And as soon as I did my basic "this will work" check I ordered a 4 pack of 8" oregon chains. Because yah.....consumables that come with cheap tools are universally garbage.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

I've had a Hitachi 10" compound miter saw for ages and ages now (pretty sure its older than my children) that has fit my needs most of the time. Except I got some needs it can't fully meet with curriculum 2x6es (afaik it falls just shy at 90°)

Looking at a 10" sliding because then I can swap my table saw blades and miter saw blades. Seems like DeWalt is focused on 7.25" or 12". Any recommendations for sliders or just accept that I should do a 12" non slider? Or really hit the budget and grab the 12" slider for 399 and another good blade for 50?

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

Motronic posted:

You are such an enabler.
Well, this is the "Acquire all tools" thread. If you're looking for Financial Responsibility, that's in the BFC subforum :v:

Motronic posted:

I already ordered a spare battery, and should have waited for your to post so I could have gotten a hot glue gun for like $8 more.
If you ordered the spare battery from DTO then yeah you're out of luck; they won't modify orders for anyone. Otherwise whoever you ordered it from probably has generous returns. Though DTO sale is ending soon anyway.

I ended up biting the bullet and ordering the $100 2x4AH battery + tool deal from HD since I need more 4AH batteries (I have like 2 and I want 4).

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

tater_salad posted:

Looking at a 10" sliding because then I can swap my table saw blades and miter saw blades. Seems like DeWalt is focused on 7.25" or 12". Any recommendations for sliders or just accept that I should do a 12" non slider? Or really hit the budget and grab the 12" slider for 399 and another good blade for 50?

What’s your space situation? Check dimensions. I have a 12” compound slider that mostly lives in the basement and only gets dragged up when it’s needed, because it’s so loving big I have no place to put it in the garage.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

My current one sits on the floor of my garage 1/2 under the workbench.

Kaiser Schnitzel
Mar 29, 2006

Schnitzel mit uns

tater_salad posted:

I've had a Hitachi 10" compound miter saw for ages and ages now (pretty sure its older than my children) that has fit my needs most of the time. Except I got some needs it can't fully meet with curriculum 2x6es (afaik it falls just shy at 90°)

Sliders are kinda huge and heavy and expensive. Portable, but not really because they're big and clunky. Cheap ones usually have alot of play in the rails and will make slightly curved or off square cuts on wider stuff. The only blade your 10" chop saw and 10" table saw would have in common would be a crosscut blade, and it's enough of a pain to change the blade on a miter saw I can't see doing it often. Unless you regularly cut 2x10's and 12's just get a 12" non-slider, circ saw for anything that can't handle. Non-sliders are usually sturdier and more accurate too.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

BeAuMaN posted:

I mean you can always just use some thick copper wire and do it that way but I was surprised I haven't seen anything like that on the market yet. I don't see any USB ports on it though, which is a missed opportunity.

Probably kill your tool battery doing that. The skin is going to have a supercap in it to do the actual starting.

As for the idea of the skin, I feel that similar to bluetooth speakers it's a bit of a solution in search of a problem. Commodity chinese items are so cheap, good, and plentiful that the skin doesn't provide any benefit.
Plus for the car starter in particular you would be "reserving" one of your tool batteries to the car.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Forget it man this bat is whack, it's got poobrain!
Yeah the overlap in blades between table and miter is essentially crosscut and the really specialty blades like non ferrous and plastics. Not stuff I worry about spending big bucks on for a miter so you can get budget blades at 12".

However if you're set on 10", your best bet is gonna be Makita if you want the least slop and bosch if you want the neatest.

Assuming your cheapness puts the kapex out of budget.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

As I've said before, the tool business has largely turned from selling tools to selling consumables (the batteries), just like razors used to be....I guess still are. Give the handles and 3 blades away for drat near free and then keep selling those double, triple, triple with special strip, quad with pivot blades.

The tool companies, especially the lime colored one, is making all kinds of handles so you will keep buying their blades. Sure, some tools are still money because they are just useful and expensive to produce. But fans, power converters to USB, etc.....I mean...come on. I'm glad they're cheap but if you really need something like that for more than super occasional use there are better ways than burning finite-recharge-life batteries on them.

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

~Coxy posted:

As for the idea of the skin, I feel that similar to bluetooth speakers it's a bit of a solution in search of a problem. Commodity chinese items are so cheap, good, and plentiful that the skin doesn't provide any benefit.
Plus for the car starter in particular you would be "reserving" one of your tool batteries to the car.
I mean sure, but also I just have trouble remembering to keep my jump starter charged. I often keep my tool batteries charged because I'm using them for stuff. I'm also more likely to remember to swap out the ones in car. Furthermore... I mean I can pull out the jumper cables and get another vehicle here, but if the car is (a 2004 GMC Yukon that just keeps having problems) dead in the driveway, and the regular Chinese jump starter pack is dead... I gotta go charge it otherwise (or go use the jumpers on another vehicle, or buy some other dedicated jumper), while with the power tool batteries I can just swap it out if the one in the car is dead.

To me there's value in being able to use the same battery ecosystem for multiple things. Ryobi Spotlight? There are better spotlights out there for the same amount of money; Also though they either have removeable 18650s or the 21700s, and they'll be harder to remove or replace, and need to be recharged. Same with portable worklights. It all has a use of "grab and go" imo. That's not to say that there aren't those kind of things in the light field, but now you're getting into a new, invented battery ecosystem for just spotlights/worklights/flashlights.

What I'm getting at is having an expansive tool system like Ryobi does gives you convenience, even if all the tools aren't the best in their fields. And not only that, but with DTO (and sometimes Ryobi Days), they're dirt cheap compared to blue, orange, and red competitors. And if you're really desperate for Ryobi batteries, you can always scum it up and return the "free" tool on battery combos to get super discounted batteries. That's why the beltsander is OOS on the $99 HD deal: People bought all of them and are going to return the belt sander only once they get their 2x 4AH batteries, and will probably be like $35 out of pocket.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
I just realized I have a single 4AH battery for all my tools, and it's 9 years old.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

So looks like the DeWalt dws715 is my best option ubless it's poo poo. I don't really need a slide I rarely even need it for decking but will.be replacing my front steps this year and helping out a less.than handy person with the same this fall. I'll sell my metachi for 50bux on fbmp and get a fine tooth 12" diablo for it and I'll be in business.

I don't need fancy shadow lines n poo poo because I have a tape measure, speed square and penil and don't need to speed up my work that badly..

tater_salad fucked around with this message at 14:31 on Jul 24, 2023

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Motronic posted:

As I've said before, the tool business has largely turned from selling tools to selling consumables (the batteries), just like razors used to be....I guess still are. Give the handles and 3 blades away for drat near free and then keep selling those double, triple, triple with special strip, quad with pivot blades.

The tool companies, especially the lime colored one, is making all kinds of handles so you will keep buying their blades. Sure, some tools are still money because they are just useful and expensive to produce. But fans, power converters to USB, etc.....I mean...come on. I'm glad they're cheap but if you really need something like that for more than super occasional use there are better ways than burning finite-recharge-life batteries on them.

True, but counterpoint- I've got close to a dozen lime tools, but I'm set with 4 (actually a 2amp also for the sprayer) long-life batteries, 2 of which are generic knockoffs. And praise Spaghetti Monster, they work pretty great....so far.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Motronic posted:

Yeah, setting up a battery powered bucket misting fan in the little league dugout when it's 93 sure is dumb. And don't even start me on having a 6AH USB power source that uses batteries I always keep charged so the other kids can keep their dumb electronics plugged in while we make them watch the game. Oh, and having a fan in the unpowered shed while I'm working inside it on a summer sunday afternoon is also totally lame.

gently caress the haters. Ryobi's gimmicky tools are awesome.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

stealie72 posted:

Yeah, setting up a battery powered bucket misting fan in the little league dugout when it's 93 sure is dumb. And don't even start me on having a 6AH USB power source that uses batteries I always keep charged so the other kids can keep their dumb electronics plugged in while we make them watch the game. Oh, and having a fan in the unpowered shed while I'm working inside it on a summer sunday afternoon is also totally lame.

gently caress the haters. Ryobi's gimmicky tools are awesome.

He’s not wrong—if you’re gonna use one of those for more than the occasional thing then you should consider something else/more task-specific/run an extension cord.

If you’re using your tool batteries to run a fan in your workshop every single weekend or to recharge your kids’ iPads/etc every time you leave the house then you’re gonna burn money hella fast.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Love My lime battery subscription. Beats the hell out of having a battery for my Bluetooth speaker, and another for my fan, and light and vacuum. And I am appreciative of Ryobi for having such a wide rear end line of stuff. I'm a bitch for them. I've slowly converted all my battery poo poo up to and including my stick vac to their ecosystem because now I don't need to buy a shark battery and wonder if my speaker was plugged in, or my 4ah battery bank is charge. I have a shelf of batteries of various sizes that stay in rotation and all work in most of my poo poo. It's nice, heck some stuff even is hybrid so my work light can be plugged in or not depending on if Im doing electrical work indoors or poo poo outside.

I know I'm buying batteries and the tools are 'free' but Ryobi days are a great way to expand on that 1 more tool and add another 8ah. Honestly I would actually like a few 1.5ah batteries at this point for my lighter duty tools so they're not as heavy

Okay enough Wendy's chat.
Local reseller has a DeWalt with the led cut line for 250.. how usable is that in the sun?

tater_salad fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Jul 24, 2023

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Ok Comboomer posted:

He’s not wrong—if you’re gonna use one of those for more than the occasional thing then you should consider something else/more task-specific/run an extension cord.

If you’re using your tool batteries to run a fan in your workshop every single weekend or to recharge your kids’ iPads/etc every time you leave the house then you’re gonna burn money hella fast.
Yeah, those are all a few times a year things, but when they're needed, they're incredibly useful. And thanks to DTO and HD sales, also very cheap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mekyabetsu
Dec 17, 2018

I could use some recommendations for a dremel tool. I would mainly use it for hobbyist stuff like cutting/filing plastic, modding consoles (so, more plastic), maybe some light sanding and sharpening. This is all pretty light stuff, but I wouldn't mind having something a little more medium-duty, on the off chance I find it useful. Are the Dremel name brand tools still a decent buy? Right now, I'm looking at the Dremel 4000 which I can get off Amazon for about $75.