Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Stars vs. War Dogs in an actual street fight please.

I just watched the July 9 Korakuen show and it was a lot of fun! The generational struggle match was great and it set the tone for the Five Star, and new challengers were set up throughout the show. Recommended if you have some extra time!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

i like the concurrent stories of people trying to 'level up' their game & spirit & stuff. like slk fighting nanae, poi fighting hash, utami going to usa to "find herself" (right after proving she's a capable leader.. but i digress). im pretty hyped up for the 5 star

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom
This Mei/May twitter feud is quite fun.
https://twitter.com/MariahMayx/status/1677966842672087041

https://twitter.com/MariahMayx/status/1679464810612678657

https://twitter.com/mei_10311031/status/1681242783783452672

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Utami is still slumming around in America so she might get a nice little match on one of the shows tomorrow

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

welp

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I don't know Stardom nearly well enough to do a bracket but I hope Natsuko Tora does well, every time I've seen her I've really dug the vibe

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

So unsurprisingly the Trish Adora / Utami Hayashishita match on ROH was very good, albeit with a crowd who had recently been put into suspended animation.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

SG Bamboo posted:

I don't know Stardom nearly well enough to do a bracket but I hope Natsuko Tora does well, every time I've seen her I've really dug the vibe

My thinking is that the recent QQ/Oedo Tai angle is setting up Natsuko and Utami to meet in the finals. Natsuko really needs it, too. Barring the year she was out with her knee injury, Rossy hasn't really done a whole lot with his putative top heel.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

[In guy who has watched almost every 2019 stardom show voice] She should be like she was in the 2019 5 star.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8znG28LC70

Generational Struggle got put on YT

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
https://twitter.com/ChameleonPw/status/1682914753738592257?t=Tlk1jHG_0Z19bShXrO9n3Q&s=19

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves
Knocked the fairydust right out of her hair

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

Stan Hansen would be proud

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

the 5* GP opening show has been great thus far. Poi and SLK had an excellent high-speed style match but the best one so far has been Utami vs Mina. Insane nearfalls here. It's nice going into a match where you're sure you know who's going to win and they end up convincing you of the opposite

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Crapple! posted:

the 5* GP opening show has been great thus far. Poi and SLK had an excellent high-speed style match but the best one so far has been Utami vs Mina. Insane nearfalls here. It's nice going into a match where you're sure you know who's going to win and they end up convincing you of the opposite

I watched the first few matches but I'll be going back after the g1

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Utami in her championship run final boss form. The rest of the field is hosed.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I will be cheering for Mirai and Tora, assuming I remember to check vk for the show tomorrow

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

This is one of the most insane shows I've ever seen. Syuri/Suzu was mind-blowing and Hazuki and Mayu went out there straight after and topped it

Edit: I cannot stress enough how great Utami vs Mina was and right now it's probably the 3rd best match on the show. If you prefer the high speed style, it's probably 4th

Crapple! fucked around with this message at 11:31 on Jul 23, 2023

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Crapple! posted:

This is one of the most insane shows I've ever seen. Syuri/Suzu was mind-blowing and Hazuki and Mayu went out there straight after and topped it

Edit: I cannot stress enough how great Utami vs Mina was and right now it's probably the 3rd best match on the show. If you prefer the high speed style, it's probably 4th

Yeah it sounds like it's washing the g1. How many matches left ? Id like to watch from the start. Njpw have a few matches left so it's not like I'd be switching over this second

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Burn Down Canberra posted:

Yeah it sounds like it's washing the g1. How many matches left ? Id like to watch from the start. Njpw have a few matches left so it's not like I'd be switching over this second

I believe the only match left is Tam vs Saya K. Saori and Giulia are up now

Giulia's dead btw

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Saori and Giulia might have just had match of the night. what the gently caress man

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Uh oh. Final match ends prematurely. Saya did a massive dive off one of the metal supports and they called the match off. Didn't look super bad on the replay but hard to tell. I hope she's ok

Edit: I think her arm is broken. Again sort of hard to tell. I hope people don't consider this spoiling. Just an unfortunate situation

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

I have no idea what the injury is as well. Nothing I can see on the live feed is conclusive as what exactly happened. It was bad enough that the match had to stopped though. Supper bummer ending on a great show

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

https://twitter.com/sg_oxxt/status/1683083200917278721

I think that was the same injury Mayu had in that infamous Red Belt match with Toni Storm.

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

People have been speculating she cracked her head on a chair or something so as horrible as this injury would be, it'd be somewhat of a relief if this is all it is given the alternative

edit: Story already posted above

Crapple! fucked around with this message at 13:04 on Jul 23, 2023

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Crapple! posted:

Uh oh. Final match ends prematurely. Saya did a massive dive off one of the metal supports and they called the match off. Didn't look super bad on the replay but hard to tell. I hope she's ok

Edit: I think her arm is broken. Again sort of hard to tell. I hope people don't consider this spoiling. Just an unfortunate situation

Tall Saya kinda...fucks up a bit much for the style she uses? When she's on she's very good but she sure puts the emphasis on the high risk in high risk moves.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

forkboy84 posted:

Tall Saya kinda...fucks up a bit much for the style she uses? When she's on she's very good but she sure puts the emphasis on the high risk in high risk moves.

https://twitter.com/D_Wrestlingifs/status/1683070500770131973

I would say it's more of a freak injury than Saya screwing anything up. On first glace it doesn't look like anything went wrong, just an unfortunate landing.

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

forkboy84 posted:

Yeah. When she wrestles within herself there's almost nobody better. But she pushes her luck a lot. To be fair, this particular case looked like a bit of a freak accident. It's still hard to tell from the footage where exactly it all went wrong. It's definitely a spot that didn't need to happen though

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Stall_19 posted:

https://twitter.com/D_Wrestlingifs/status/1683070500770131973

I would say it's more of a freak injury than Saya screwing anything up. On first glace it doesn't look like anything went wrong, just an unfortunate landing.

Fair enough, I didn't watch live & won't get around to it for a couple of weeks probably. But she's got form & maybe has a habit for trying things that are a bit outside her comfort zone. It's like Brock doing a shooting star press except after that one hideous landing he decides to keep doing high flying moves.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/live/1bQVrkmnGuQ?feature=share&t=3264

Opening ceremony for the 5 Star. Wish more promotions did something like this, makes the whole thing seem even more special.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
:c00l:
https://twitter.com/k_o_n_a_m_i_/status/1683111256163749889

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

SLKs mask was really cool. Reminded me a lot of Desperados open masks he uses for deathmatches. I wonder if despe, slk and suzu have floated some kind of insane match for a strong show at some point

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

STARDOM in Showcase was the place to do that match but it's (mercifully) gone

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins

forkboy84 posted:

Replace her with Giant Saya and never mention it

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
Losers don’t get in the 5 Star with the tighter field.

Seriously I suspect they’ll forfeit the matches; it’s a shame but it should be easy to rebook at this point (although if she was meant to win then that’s a lot of work). An alternative would be to sub someone in with one less match: the logical alternate would be Mai Sakurai who finished third in the qualifying rumble and is getting a bit of a push with the lady gimmick.

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

The problem with that is that Mai Sakurai is rear end. They should put Mei Seira in there

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Crapple! posted:

The problem with that is that Mai Sakurai is rear end. They should put Thekla in there

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

I'd put mei seira in personally because she's been the best performing in ring of the women not in the 5 star. Unfortunately she's wouldn't be in the same block as mariah may.

But thekla is really good too

That's how much talent stardom has

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Crapple! posted:

The problem with that is that Mai Sakurai is rear end. They should put Mei Seira in there

Mei, Thekla, Koguma, Saya Iida, Yuna Mizumori, Saki Kashima, or Fukigen Death would all be preferable to Sakurai. Waka and Ruaka would probably be too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

The show was fantastic. Shame about the injury but I thought the wrestlers handled it extremely professionally