Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

Desumaytah posted:

Also, Mr. Shrimp is a perfect being.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular

Brought To You By posted:

He loves his family, cares for his friends, honors his debts, works hard, and punches the ever-loving poo poo out of his enemies. He's a simple man but we love him.

He's the best representation of adult non-toxic masculinity we could hope for in this series (Okarun and Jiji are cool and non-conventional representations but still not yet adults).

Honestly maybe Vamola should be giving him a second look, considering her adoptive mom's guidance.

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1018335

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

This series is so loving good

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

Electric Phantasm posted:

This series is so loving good

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

usenet celeb 1992 posted:

Honestly maybe Vamola should be giving him a second look, considering her adoptive mom's guidance.
I don't see them getting together. But I do see Vamola getting adopted by Mr. Peeny Weeny and staying at his place. Would remove some of the false tension she injects to Okarun's relationship.

God I love this nerd like you wouldn't believe :allears:

FrozenPhoenix71
Jan 9, 2019
This all rocks. This manga is so good.

Also I just remembered we still have that evil spirit haunting Momo in the background of all this.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

hell yea

MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

I was grinning the entire time I was reading. I love how everyone did a complete 180 once they saw the Konya Jaeger Evangelion Gurren Lagann nonsense.

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021
I love this loving manga, and I love the giant robot 2.0's design

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Alejandro Sanchez posted:

Kintabros.... we won.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
Uhh did he just rip off half of Tokyo Tower to use as a bat?

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Kinta fans are eating well!

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
holy poo poo.

holy loving poo poo

Every page was cooler than the last. The moment when Sakata used the nanoskin to summon the Gurren Lagann house was so loving cool, and then

Neo_Crimson posted:

Hell yeah he did!

I cannot loving believe how good this manga is. The thread title is the most accurate possible thing it could be. I love Dandadan so goddamn much.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Eggplant Squire posted:

Kinta fans are eating well!

All [increasing number] of them.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Darth TNT posted:

All [increasing number] of them.

I am officially a convert. If you're not a convert after this week, I'm baffled by you

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 9 days!
I still don't like him because I'm a hater

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Did he just do the motherloving Gainax Pose?

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

King of Solomon posted:

I am officially a convert. If you're not a convert after this week, I'm baffled by you

He rocked up and was a complete jerk to everyone, then decides to showboat.

Yeah the robot is cool but I still find his character unpleasant. He’s no Minato but I would be happier if I didn’t have him making GBS threads up the cool vibes of the rest of the cast.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
YYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Nemo2342 posted:

Yeah the robot is cool but I still find his character unpleasant. He’s no Minato but I would be happier if I didn’t have him making GBS threads up the cool vibes of the rest of the cast.
shut up nerd, he did the cool things and rescued everyone and it was only momentarily played for laughs, but he absolutely did the "character who sucks but when the chips are down he's reliable" thing, and I'm here for it

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Captain Invictus posted:

shut up nerd, he did the cool things and rescued everyone and it was only momentarily played for laughs, but he absolutely did the "character who sucks but when the chips are down he's reliable" thing, and I'm here for it

Nah, that kind of character is obnoxious and should go into the trash where it belongs.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Edit: sorry, my bad.

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Jul 28, 2023

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

Intensity, .mpeg gritty, Intelligence
I love this action figure fever dream of a manga where everything that happens just loving rules so hard.

Uh, aside from a select few events in those first few chapters, anyway.

Jesus, this art is incredible and I love each and every single one of these characters.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Nemo2342 posted:

Nah, that kind of character is obnoxious and should go into the trash where it belongs.

what kind of character is that

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

Desumaytah posted:

Jesus, this art is incredible and I love each and every single one of these characters.

I'm even slowly becoming a Kinta fan. I wish Vamola wasn't used as a damsel-in-distress device so much though. Granted, she did get thrown into a world of unimaginable badasses.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

spookykid posted:

I'm even slowly becoming a Kinta fan. I wish Vamola wasn't used as a damsel-in-distress device so much though. Granted, she did get thrown into a world of unimaginable badasses.

Thankfully, Dandadan is very willing to let its female characters be cool as hell, so she'll have her moment eventually.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
she's had her moments here and there, but she's up against the aliens that made her suit (out of people). they know more about it than she does. if vamola comes out of this intact, i expect she'll do better in the future.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
I'm still not a fan of Kinta but I'll be damned if he doesn't know how to make a cool robot

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Neo_Crimson posted:

Pretty much my favorite scene in Pacific Rim and Kinta captured a fraction of that energy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYQjmj7cSM0

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021

Brought To You By posted:

Pretty much my favorite scene in Pacific Rim and Kinta captured a fraction of that energy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYQjmj7cSM0

Exactly what it reminded me of too.

By the way, wasn't the tower necessary to keep the portal open? Kinta might have saved Earth just by trying to look cool

Elite
Oct 30, 2010

Nemo2342 posted:

I like him.

Yeah he’s arrogant as hell and also kind of a loser, but that just means he can get dunked on by the rest of the characters.

He shows up, tries to showboat. It immediately blows up in his face, so we have some “GREAT, now we have to save two people” “Why he hell did even show up?!” reactions. Then he does something legitimately cool to turn things around.

I don’t think he’s a jerk either. He’s just trying way too hard to be cool and is terrible at picking up on social nuance. But he turned up to help them fight (because he didn’t realise they deliberately didn’t involve him lol), and immediately tried to save Vamola at personal risk to himself. And it was only 50% because he wanted to play with a cool robot.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Kinta is going to hear a full "team briefing" on the case of the missing testicles, and realise they have not been telling dirty jokes. But at this point he's in too deep with his 'established character' and will keep forcing himself to make them.

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

kinta owns because he’s a funny and fleshed-out take on the middle school syndrome archetype. chapter 99 is a defining chapter for him and beside the broad “overaccessorize to invite speculation on your mysterious activities” and the “talk up your hidden prowess then suck rear end” jokes I really liked this sequence of panels because it trenchantly demonstrates his personality (he got 32/100 on the same test)

copy
Jul 26, 2007

just binged this. it loving owns

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

copy posted:

just binged this. it loving owns

this comic beats rear end. when i see either dandadan or chainsawman have updated and i can't read them right then i get upset

this would also be true for iruma but iruma never seems to update when i can't get at it

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1018338

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
Okay...

Kinta, ya got me until you open your loser rear end in a top hat mouth and I hate you again

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

WHAT IN THE SAM HILL!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

happy mondandadan