Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

Okay but a haki domain expansion is a neat concept.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Saw this promoted ad on the socials and couldn't help but laugh at the accusatory formatting for click bait. The gall of ONE PIECE CREATOR, just egad!

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
My cut is yours for the viewing, but you'll have to find it first. I filmed everything I made in One Take.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Professor Wayne posted:

My cut is yours for the viewing, but you'll have to find it first. I filmed everything I made in One Take.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Release the Oda Cut

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

lmao

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
Knowing Oda, Garp is not dead.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I dunno it’s technically a flashback and Oda loves killing old men in flashbacks

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

it cuts away as Garp gets frozen over, complete with freezing sound effects. he's totally alive

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

Garp is just as dead as Saul.

Also the official release was 2 days ago, no need to mark spoilers.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Garp isn't dead, but he's out of the picture. The only thing he'll be doing from here on out is serving as an ice sculpture, and maybe having conversations with Kuzan and Blackbeard.

The predictable outcome here that I don't care is predictable because it's so cool is that when Kuzan decides he's had enough of Blackbeard he thaws out Garp to help gently caress things up. Though that's presumably going to be a very end-game kind of twist, if it happens at all.

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
i'm demanding a cover arc about moria and garp escaping together

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

As soon as the comic cuts away Garp gets back up and destroys everyone

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

SyntheticPolygon posted:

As soon as the comic cuts away Garp gets back up and destroys everyone

Cryogenic sleep is basically just a very intense nap, so these guys are hosed

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/OP_Netflix_Fan/status/1683470661832802308?s=20

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Morgan is deceased

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
morgans dead

dead serious about going to arlong park

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Morgan is Stellan Skarsgård?

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

ever think that kuro had already tried 998 plans and his syrup town gambit was his last straw

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

999 plans and this bitch is one

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/gsony24/status/1683974329208537091?s=46

cgfreak
Jan 2, 2013
Everything and everyone involved in this just seems so wholesome and happy. :3:

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!
Nami wasn't with them for Morgan right?

Not that I care at all, I just have it in my head it was only Luffy saving Zoro.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Havoc904 posted:

Not that I care at all, I just have it in my head it was only Luffy saving Zoro.

She was not. I assume they're taking a note from the anime and inserting Nami into the beginning on Alvida's ship, and she'll probably hang around for the Zoro rescue.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

She’s wearing a marine uniform, I’d guess she’s robbing the base.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
the actor playing nami is a stunner

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

- Oda, seeing his future wife for the first time

Elblanco
May 26, 2008

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

She’s wearing a marine uniform, I’d guess she’s robbing the base.

She does rob the base in the anime. It's how she's finds out that buggy has the chart to the grand line.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/gsony24/status/1684362497615073280?s=20

Lol

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Havoc904 posted:

It seems like she's part of the fight at the base judging trailer scenes. Also it looks like Arlong is at Buggy's circus in one scene. My guess is they're expanding Arlong to be more involved in the overall plot of East Blue.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

thinking about raizo is safe. that moment was so effective the first time around but it was amplified for me when we learned the backstory of the samurai. realizing how absurd it must have been for the minks to see their hope reignited after so much suffering, the dream of avenging oden, it's really so powerful

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

i really am firmly of the opinion that wano is maybe the second best arc in the whole series. especially with a little distance i think it was just so insanely effective in so many different aspects. the oden flashback is the best in the series imo, everything from the pacing to the art to the plot beats, oda really delivered

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Wano is really loving big as an arc, and I was reading it chapter to chapter, but I have no doubt that all the stuff that kinda dragged from week to week (drat, Luffy lost round 2 of Luffy v Kaido, poo poo, he lost round three, okay, finally it’s time for round four, the real fight) would probably feel more palatable, since I do have to admit that it really sells how much of a battle-hardened force of nature Kaido is when like twenty people tagged in at some point to help at some point. And it’s hard to think of things that really could have been cleanly cut besides like, Sasaki v Franky since everything else builds to something like the ice oni virus showing that Queen is a pro scientist and also a war crime man, which is better than telling us as much, and while I initially thought King was just superfluous world building it ends up being super relevant.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

tbp posted:

thinking about raizo is safe. that moment was so effective the first time around but it was amplified for me when we learned the backstory of the samurai. realizing how absurd it must have been for the minks to see their hope reignited after so much suffering, the dream of avenging oden, it's really so powerful

Yeah it's very strong.

tbp posted:

i really am firmly of the opinion that wano is maybe the second best arc in the whole series. especially with a little distance i think it was just so insanely effective in so many different aspects. the oden flashback is the best in the series imo, everything from the pacing to the art to the plot beats, oda really delivered

I think Wano was a bit too long to be considered one of my top arcs but it had a lot of really high peaks, and the flashback was probably my favorite bit. Seeing the legends of old through the eyes of Oden, watching Roger and his crew discover the One Piece, learning how the Whitebeard Pirates set up their crew system, being witness to Oden's glorious end... It's all so loving good.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Gyges posted:

It seems like she's part of the fight at the base judging trailer scenes. Also it looks like Arlong is at Buggy's circus in one scene. My guess is they're expanding Arlong to be more involved in the overall plot of East Blue.

Which makes sense with Fishmen being a big deal in that part of the ocean and probably sets up a big fish small pond joke somewhere.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
I'm really looking forward to getting a bit more distance on Wano and then re-reading it. I felt like I was losing the plot here and there toward the last third, or at least having trouble keeping in mind everything that had happened in the arc up until then.

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009

Gyges posted:

I hope Oda enjoyed the process of retelling East Blue, that definitely seems a lot more like the sort of plot structure he’s favored for…everything after East Blue

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I can see it tying everything together better, and it might boost a poo poo bad guy like Kuro. I just hope we stay far away from the Crocodile/Doflamingo crime boss thing. Maybe help explain that Arlong is accidentally part of how East Blue is so weak despite so many absolute monsters come from there. Marines corrupted and hobbled, pirates taken out if they get too big and cross Arlong.

In retrospect, Arlong has such an understandably stupid dream. Just wants to live in the amusement park he was never allowed to visit and rule over those who kept him out. It really ties in well with Hody's Fishman distopia.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
So I wonder if we’ll get any wild info drops in the live action’s first season that didn’t happen in that part of the manga/anime. Will it just be stuff at the level of the Foxy/Bellamy bounty posters or will Oda sign off on some bigger tie ins to stuff not developed until we got in the Grand Line.

Stuff like Luffy’s family seems like something that might get addressed earlier. And I guess Baroque Works scouting Zoro might also apparently be a thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Teek posted:

So I wonder if we’ll get any wild info drops in the live action’s first season that didn’t happen in that part of the manga/anime. Will it just be stuff at the level of the Foxy/Bellamy bounty posters or will Oda sign off on some bigger tie ins to stuff not developed until we got in the Grand Line.

Stuff like Luffy’s family seems like something that might get addressed earlier. And I guess Baroque Works scouting Zoro might also apparently be a thing.

The Zoro thing seems like a reasonable addition. Dragon and Garp are both in it so they're also definitely gonna bring up Luffy's family to some extent.