Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

you're laughing. she's touching denji's wiener and you're laughing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

i hope Denji goes back to Yoshida and is like wtf man u had that girl touch my weiner? and then Yoshida thinks "oh thats what wrong, i had that girl touch his weiner" and then yoshida touches denji's weiner and the panels are 1:1 but with yoshida instead

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
between himeno and this girl, denji is consistently most upset when a woman who doesn't want to kill him makes a move

at this rate yoshida is going to find a way to take the joy out of toast covered with jam

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Again, I have no idea how he did it, but that girl is definitely Yoshida. He set all of this up, he probably even brought the devil in to clear out the theater so he and Denji could be alone in the theater together. The most hosed up part? I don't think he's doing this to manipulate or trick Denji, this is him genuinely trying to make Denji happy and loving it up in the worst possible way because he has no understanding of how emotions or intimacy works despite desperately wanting to connect.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Again, I have no idea how he did it, but that girl is definitely Yoshida. He set all of this up, he probably even brought the devil in to clear out the theater so he and Denji could be alone in the theater together. The most hosed up part? I don't think he's doing this to manipulate or trick Denji, this is him genuinely trying to make Denji happy and loving it up in the worst possible way because he has no understanding of how emotions or intimacy works despite desperately wanting to connect.

He's contracted to the Octopus Devil. Octopii are often associated with mimicry and disguises. It's why Decoy Octopus is a thing and why Ikalgo in HxH disguises himself and so-on. So far all we've seen him do is tentacles + ink but there's a really good chance he can change his form/disguise himself/etc

This also adds a delightful extra element to him being the one to find the disguised guy in part 1 and then letting the one dude go because his weird brain thought 'oh yeah no that guy can't be an assassin'

Edit: Occam's razor: It is his sister.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Jul 18, 2023

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021
Whenever there's a movie theater in a Fujimoto manga, you know it's a good chapter

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking

Valentin posted:

you're laughing. she's touching denji's wiener and you're laughing.

actually i'm thinking about if tobey maguire spent the parts of spiderman 2 where he's struggling with being a normie making noises and faces like this

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

yoshida is by far more interesting if he's both really genuine and not manipulating the situation that hard (outside of the kidnapping your sister, be normal or we'll kill you thing). part I is all about denji getting manipulated by someone who fraudulently exploits his desire for intimacy and connection to utterly destroy his life. yoshida is way funnier and more fun to think about if all of this is him actually trying to both connect with denji and be an "ordinary high school student", including by actually unironically skipping school to see a movie (even if he can't stop talking and leaves halfway) and trying to sincerely and nonmagically fulfill his best bro denji's wish to meet "girls who are desperate for boyfriends"

e: just like asa has yoru and denji has pochita, I choose to believe that all of yoshida's worst ideas come from the octopus devil, who is just off-screen constantly giving him advice on how to be a normal teen boy

Valentin fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Jul 18, 2023

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

It turns out the reason Kishibe hasn't shown up yet is because everytime he calls Yoshida is like "I got this"

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
Yeah, I think it's more funnier if Yoshida isn't being malicious in all this. It's funnier to think that Yoshida is just as much of a gently caress-up as Denji, he's just better at playing it cool and making it seem like he's totally in control of the whole thing. On his face he looks like he knows what he's doing but in his head he's like, "maybe this will work? poo poo gently caress why isn't this working?? Oh, I know, maybe he wants a handy"

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

ImpAtom posted:

He's contracted to the Octopus Devil. Octopii are often associated with mimicry and disguises. It's why Decoy Octopus is a thing and why Ikalgo in HxH disguises himself and so-on. So far all we've seen him do is tentacles + ink but there's a really good chance he can change his form/disguise himself/etc

This also adds a delightful extra element to him being the one to find the disguised guy in part 1 and then letting the one dude go because his weird brain thought 'oh yeah no that guy can't be an assassin'

Edit: Occam's razor: It is his sister.

No, Occam's Razor would just be he paid a random girl to give him a handy.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Happy Landfill posted:

Yeah, I think it's more funnier if Yoshida isn't being malicious in all this. It's funnier to think that Yoshida is just as much of a gently caress-up as Denji, he's just better at playing it cool and making it seem like he's totally in control of the whole thing. On his face he looks like he knows what he's doing but in his head he's like, "maybe this will work? poo poo gently caress why isn't this working?? Oh, I know, maybe he wants a handy"

I agree but also I disagree with a key point here. Yoshida is way more of a gently caress up than Denji. Denji lacks knowledge and grace, but he's very good at improvising and can actually understand a lot if given the chance to do so. Yoshida is great at pretending he's wise, but in reality he's managed to completely misunderstand Denji in every single level and way possible, wasn't great at dealing with Asa either, and even he seems to be aware that he does a terrible job at pretending to be an ordinary high school student. I 100% believe he's genuinely trying to play the role of Denji's friend and all of this is him trying to give Denji the happiness he obviously wants, but his read on Denji is so superficial that he'll make everything worse, again. Denji is rude and gross, but I have no doubts he'd properly understand Yoshida and give him what he wants if he had even the slightest interest in the guy - but then again, he only cares about girls.

Maybe wiener toucher has a better chance at becoming Denji's friend.

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

Does make me wonder what's going on with public safety. Like, was Yoshida seriously the best they could do for Denji's handler?

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Kishibe: "Yoshida, find a professional handler for Denji"
Yoshida: "I understand perfectly :cool:"

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Hidingo Kojimba posted:

Does make me wonder what's going on with public safety. Like, was Yoshida seriously the best they could do for Denji's handler?

That's the thing: he's great at handling Denji physically. Like, every time he needs to stop Denji from revealing that he's Chainsaw Man he has no problem just YOINKing him out of nowhere and restraining him. The area where he's completely incompetent is providing Denji any sort of emotional support or comfort, because it's clear from the way he talks and behaves that he's never received any of those things either.

Public safety is designed to control troubled teens and use them as tools for violence not help them as people in any meaningful way, that's as true for Denji as it is for Yoshida.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Flavahbeast posted:

Kishibe: "Yoshida, find a professional handler for Denji"
Yoshida: "I understand perfectly :cool:"

Kishibe's biggest mistake was hyping Yoshida up too much during the assassins arc.

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021
Honestly I would respect Yoshida way more if he just straight up told Denji "I got you a hooker" .It probably would go bas for everyone involved still, but there would be way less confusion and weird expectations.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

this guy is 100% a goon

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

the sexual assault devil

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

this guy is 100% a goon

Denji? Oh yeah

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Big Leg posted:

actually i'm thinking about if tobey maguire spent the parts of spiderman 2 where he's struggling with being a normie making noises and faces like this

You can't stop me from reading this in Hank Hill's voice.

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking

Julias posted:

lol. but asa is already hank hill to me

Big Leg posted:

mfw encountering the propane and propane accessories devil

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

Julias posted:

Big same!

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

this guy is 100% a goon

I like that all Denji gets outta his mouth is "????" before being dragged into a fight, that he wins.
And then he's still "????"

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Big Leg posted:

lol. but asa is already hank hill to me

into the hank hillverse

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Robviously posted:

This whole chapter is a great call to how Yoshida sees Denji's motivations from when they were driven by Makima and doesn't actually see his growth as a person at all. Just loving brilliant.

Except Makima was one of the primary people working to help Denji grow. She was even the one who told him that sexy times were only significant if you had an emotional connection. She really wanted Denji to grow into a full, mature person with the ability to make real connections to others and understand more complicated emotional states than horny and hungry.

Admittedly, this was all so she could destroy him more thoroughly than he could imagine, but the growth was real, even if the motivations for causing it were faked.

Which is part of why this chapter really cements Yoshida as the anti-Makima for me.

Makima wants Chainsaw Man only. Yoshida wants Chainsaw Man out of the picture. Makima is an authority figure, Yoshida is a peer. Where Makima had Denji by the short hairs from the jump, Yoshida's constantly been blindsided and confused by Denji.

This chapter highlights it further. Makima was always able to understand what Denji really wanted, even when Denji couldn't. Meanwhile, Yoshida gets the most surface level reads of Denji, even when Denji could explain what he really wants with the most basic "just to be clear..." questions.

And all that adds up to make me think he probably is trying to protect Denji's interests, as he understands them, just because it cements the comparison. Makima was trying to hurt Denji, but in the process she did him a world of good, leaving their daughter with him to give him the best thing in his current mess of a life. Meanwhile, Yoshida is just trying to help, and has done nothing but gently caress up.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

BAH GAWD the faces from Denji, untouchable

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:
What do you mean this wasn't in the manga?

https://twitter.com/Void_Dot_Exe/status/1682465077755269120

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
Just doing a drive-by with this

https://twitter.com/zuguzu55/status/1683287865638236160

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

I want that sweatshirt.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1018364

The bit of Denji fantasizing about standing up for himself revealing him standing there licking a corpse... my god and what he gently caress is going on

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

That's our Denji! (Laughtrack)

This girl is definitely Yoshida. I stand by that insane guess.

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
this manga is incredible

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

What the gently caress is going on

I bet this is the Justice devil

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
At first I was like "good for you Denji, that's progress"
And then the turn it took
:lol: 😭

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
She's cute.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Bread Set Jettison posted:

What the gently caress is going on

I bet this is the Justice devil

I mean "Justice Game" is right there in the song lyrics.

I have no idea what Denji's expression on the last page is supposed to be. Annoyed? Horny? Anorny?

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
well we got Denji's inner monologue but all I was thinking; nooo not like this

copy
Jul 26, 2007

lmfao what did i expect

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

copy
Jul 26, 2007