Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

I kinda want this girl to be Justice. I don’t think she is because Justice’s powers have always used a white colour scheme and this girls colour palate is dark. It’d be funny though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
The Bat Devil.
No, the other one.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Part two can't be animated fast enough

JoeGlassJAw
Apr 9, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

Waaaait a second.

Chainsaw Man is set in the late 90s right?

How is she singing a Maximum the Hormone song that debuted in 2007?!

this is gonna drive me crazy until when/if Fujimoto addresses it. have there been other anachronisms in the series? i haven't paid super close attention to like, models of cars or whatever. there's no cell phones right? i've always wondered how the erasure of things like the holocaust would affect the calendar but it seems to be genuinely set in the late 90s. i guess it could just be that the implications of a band showing up 10 years early in the timeline doesn't have earth shattering implications and Fujimoto just wanted to use the song because he likes it and because he can

Joke Miriam
Nov 17, 2019

Cell phones exist, we saw one in the Aquarium bit. But if I recall correctly it was considered unusual/a status symbol, as it would be in the 90s.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

JoeGlassJAw posted:

i've always wondered how the erasure of things like the holocaust would affect the calendar but it seems to be genuinely set in the late 90s.

This is a good point. Since this is a diverged timeline, there is no canon timeline for media. You could have a really goofy domino effect that made metal develop a decade early and that particular genre is just offset by ten years. And CSM has an exceptionally wonderful domino collection, so this explanation is aligned with the usual authorial voice.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

The editing on this one is obviously much more involved, it rules. I hate that there is a 2 week break before the next chapter.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

this rules

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

This is still basically the best thing in SJ right now. I also wish it wasn't 2 weeks before more!

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Wildcard option: the devil was the Hallucination Frog devil, and the entire karaoke sequence is going to 'Imagination bubble' out as Denji foams at the mouth surrounded by paramedics pointing at his ripcord.

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Electric Phantasm posted:

Yoshida thought she was legit and he was mentally hi-fiving himself leaving the theater because he thinks he finally has this Denji situation under control.

yeah im thinking its this

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

I have no idea why you all think Yoshida is some bumbling incompetent that can’t tie his own shoes. So far the only thing he particularly failed at was controlling Denji, a task that even the physical manifestation of the concept of control couldn’t even pull off.

And assuming this girl is part of his plan, he might even actually be able to do that.

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

SVMS-01 UNION FLAG GREATEST MOBILE SUIT

ENACT = CHEAP EUROTRASH COPY

AnoHito posted:

And assuming this girl is part of his plan, he might even actually be able to do that.

She’s going to get cut in half by Asa in the next chapter, isn’t she?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

AnoHito posted:

I have no idea why you all think Yoshida is some bumbling incompetent that can’t tie his own shoes. So far the only thing he particularly failed at was controlling Denji, a task that even the physical manifestation of the concept of control couldn’t even pull off.

his reaction to his last gambit failing was so undignified that it’s permanently deflated the mysterious and competent image he’s been projecting, even though he’s still trying to keep it up

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I would say Yoshida is a himbo

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

chiasaur11 posted:

He liked the fight, but he had a brief flash of disappointment on seeing the girl was trying to kill him too. Like, yeah. Figures. Just figures.

What he wanted was to get to just have sex with a girl who liked him after beating up, like, 20 dudes. Finding out he's just getting more fight seems more of a "I can work with this" than outright thinking of it as the winning option.

Yeah that's probably it exactly but I'm not sure if I'd say Denji has completely given up on the sex yet, as unlikely as that is to happen.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
The last couple of chapters have been such a ride with twists and turns in its punchline:

1. Denji's depressed with normal life. He is so depressed that a prospect of date does not cheer him up.
2. Denji gets happy once his date propositions herself.
3. Denji finds this behavior suspicious. He goes with it anyway.
4. Denji is now content with "normal" life.
5. "Normal" life becomes abnormal once a row of random strangers try to attack Denji at karaoke.

Did Yoshida set this up intentionally, or did he get tricked? Are the strangers in league with the girl, or does the girl have a devil power to have men fight on her command?

Meadowhill
Jan 5, 2015

Oxxidation posted:

his reaction to his last gambit failing was so undignified that it’s permanently deflated the mysterious and competent image he’s been projecting, even though he’s still trying to keep it up

I mean it did work Denji ain't gone chainsaw man in a while

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
:tinfoil: : the girl genuinely wants to date and bump uglies with Denji, but knows he is the Chainsaw Man and thinks he would not enjoy a date without some ultraviolence thrown in as an appetizer before the deed.

Weird BIAS
Jul 5, 2007

so... guess that's it, huh? just... don't say i didn't warn you.
Sex and Violence devil.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Lt. Lizard posted:

:tinfoil: : the girl genuinely wants to date and bump uglies with Denji, but knows he is the Chainsaw Man and thinks he would not enjoy a date without some ultraviolence thrown in as an appetizer before the deed.

"Hey, I hear that the only way you can get it up is if you're covered with blood and a girl is trying to kill you!"
"HEY! That's only like... 3/4ths true!"

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
This girl actually likes Denji and is down bad but simply expresses herself in a unique way.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

I actually give it even odds that they start fighting but end up making out

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
The Rated R Superstar Devil

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

Flair posted:

The last couple of chapters have been such a ride with twists and turns in its punchline:

1. Denji's depressed with normal life. He is so depressed that a prospect of date does not cheer him up.
2. Denji gets happy once his date propositions herself.
3. Denji finds this behavior suspicious. He goes with it anyway.
4. Denji is now content with "normal" life.
5. "Normal" life becomes abnormal once a row of random strangers try to attack Denji at karaoke.

Did Yoshida set this up intentionally, or did he get tricked? Are the strangers in league with the girl, or does the girl have a devil power to have men fight on her command?

Swap the real meaning of normal and abnormal and that's my read on CSM as a whole:

Conventional, domestic, safe living feels wrong for Denji, like there's more danger in it than the chaos he's known for a long time and ... Wait, is that a common trauma thing? :ohdear:

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

PringleCreamEgg posted:

This girl actually likes Denji and is down bad but simply expresses herself in a unique way.

So what about the dudes in the hallway?

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

Extremely dedicated wingmen.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
Other dudes are just a total coincidence.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

PringleCreamEgg posted:

Other dudes are just a total coincidence.

they come to the karaoke room every week to beat the poo poo out of each other with baseball bats

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I wonder if this is related to Chainsaw Man at all, or Denji just happened to get hooked up with a girl who ran a murder cult. Boy would Yoshida's face be red!

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

Jerkface posted:

I actually give it even odds that they start fighting but end up making out

I could actually see this being a fake-out and they actually fight together. She's just like "beating randos with a bat is much better than karaoke!"

Meanwhile Yoshida gets an after action report: "Oh good they went to a 'karaoke' room huh? Well good the kid finally gets his rocks of- wait 20 men attacked him with bats? Denji killed half of them? THE GIRL JOINED IN AND THEY WENT ON A RAMPAGE?!

I think there may have been less damage if Denji had just transformed..."

Chair In A Basket
Aug 6, 2005

I'm basically Jesus.

Nap Ghost
This is actually a scott pilgrim thing. Those are all her exes.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
Saw a “theory” that she’s a Bizarro. Aaa says people only have sex because they have nothing better to do, new girl literally says “Wanna have sex I’ve got nothing better to do”, Twin tails in front vs back, Asa’s cringe love poem vs Maximum the Hormone.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
I don't hate that theory. I do think her hair style is weirdly distinct for some rando chick...which means she definitely isn't just some rando

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
I'm sorry, but she stopped being just some rando chick the moment she decided to sing Maximum the Hormone song in karaoke to provide a soundtrack for Denji beating up her accomplices/pawns/fodder with a baseball bat.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
this new character still hasn't been named

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

this new character still hasn't been named

There is still a solid chance that her name is Yoshida. :v:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Her name is Impulse Devil

Yak of Wrath
Feb 24, 2011

Keeping It Together
Maximum the Hormone Devil older sister of Power the Blood Devil

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

copy
Jul 26, 2007

i miss power so much lol