Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tosk
Feb 22, 2013

I am sorry. I have no vices for you to exploit.

Yeah, I didn't mean if he reclaims it on his own, but if Gojo or his friends manage to force Sukuna out or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

Tosk posted:

Yeah, I didn't mean if he reclaims it on his own, but if Gojo or his friends manage to force Sukuna out or something

I kind of expect, if Megumi survives, for his experience as Sukuna's vessel to teach him to use his Domain Expansion without a barrier. I'd assume he'd also keep Mahoraga as a normal shikigami. Beyond that though, I don't know.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
Is Yorozu's gift something that shrinks anything and hides it pretty well? Gojo seems unaware that Mahoraga was active this entire time, getting adapted to Unlimited Void. Also, Gojo has the Six Eyes, so how Mahoraga has been active was even hidden away from Six Eyes.

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012
Megumis technique lets him hide objects in a shadow but adds in the weight as if he was carrying it directly. Not that hard a stretch to assume that’s what is happening here

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
We saw the halo-wheel working separately from Mahoraga in that panel, my guess is that he really did summon Mahoraga just now but the wheel is what performed the adaptation instantaneously based on the information it had accumulated.

The mechanics of adaptation have never really been explained outside of what is obviously happening, so my guess is based purely on the idea that it is an action performed by the wheel rather than the wheel just signaling what Mahoraga is doing.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
In the Yarozu fight he summoned the wheel and let it adapt before summoning the full thing. I imagine it’s the same thing here but he hid the wheel in Shadow or something.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

MonsterEnvy posted:

In the Yarozu fight he summoned the wheel and let it adapt before summoning the full thing. I imagine it’s the same thing here but he hid the wheel in Shadow or something.

I don't think there's really been that much of an exploration of the nature of Megumi's shadow, but it makes sense that it would have some extremely strange properties. Everyone is always so fixated on the Ten Shadows Shikigami that they never actually look at the other component of the technique and what that could be used for.. or how it interacts with other techniques.

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular
Specifically, how would Limitless deal with that sort of space manipulation/moving through shadows? I hope they go there.

Tosk
Feb 22, 2013

The better translations by tcbscans will probably come out tomorrow, but I couldn't resist looking up the leaks. Here they are if anyone else was anxious to see what happens next:

click

Gege you madman. Looks like the speculation that Gojo would hit his limit first might be right, but Sukuna is in pretty rough shape himself... the wheel is still there though, I wonder if he'll be able to summon Mahoraga again as soon as he recovers. I didn't really grasp what Sukuna was getting at about Megumi's soul, but I'll wait until a better translation comes out before I think about it.

Tosk fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Jul 26, 2023

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
:catdrugs: but with blood everywhere

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
This chapter is like the coyote and the roadrunner BOTH running off the cliff, looking down, and wondering which one is going to just hang in the air for no reason while the other one falls.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Seeing the shrine suddenly collapse and Sukuna to look like he was dying got me cracked up from the sudden turn in events after his whole speech about being superior and how he was going to just cut him until he was nothing only for everything to go to poo poo and for Gojo to just start laughing at him after.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
It sounds like neither of them can use Domains anymore. Which is a god send for anyone that fights Sukuna after.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
So Gojo was giving himself brain damage and then healing with RCT to recover his technique. That is definitely an insane person's strategy and not something someone relatively reserved like Yuta could think up.

Tosk
Feb 22, 2013

It was Mahoraga exploding, not the shrine I think.

I'm curious to see what happens because at this point it seems like even if Gojo loses, Sukuna is going to have a rough time going through Kashimo, Yuta, Hakari and whoever else.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Tosk posted:

It was Mahoraga exploding, not the shrine I think.

I'm curious to see what happens because at this point it seems like even if Gojo loses, Sukuna is going to have a rough time going through Kashimo, Yuta, Hakari and whoever else.

No it was the Shrine. Mahoraga has not been resummoned.

Tosk
Feb 22, 2013

You're right, I was speedreading and missed Mahoraga being reabsorbed into Sukuna's shadow

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
that last line in the chapter is a killer but also knowing what makes a good sorcerer in the universe it might not be as true as Gojo wishes it to be, but it's making me believe

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
I'm gonna wait for a better scanlation, but I'm not sure I buy the way the wheel was hidden, to be completely honest.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

I'm gonna wait for a better scanlation, but I'm not sure I buy the way the wheel was hidden, to be completely honest.

It's absolutely bullshit I agree. I can't say it contradicts any rules because we've never had this exact situation happen before but I would have expected hiding the wheel in a shadow or something before I accepted Megumi's inner soul hosting he wheel inside his mindscape.

That being said I absolutely love it when two characters just beat the poo poo out of each other without relying on their powers so I can forgive Gege.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

They're out btw

https://tcbscans.com/chapters/7450/jujutsu-kaisen-chapter-230?date=27-7-2023-5

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Insane way to refresh your technique Gojo. Makes sense he’s able to do that considering the way he “died” during the Toji fight.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

lmao

cgfreak
Jan 2, 2013
So this is essentilly just the two most powerful beings in the world agreeing to try and simply punch the other into a fine mist because their bags of tricks are just gonna keep cancelling out each other forever?

Exquisite.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Mahoraga can adapt to any attack? Let's see if he can he adapt to these fists :arghfist:

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
I'm even more convinced Kenjaku is gonna swoop in and absorb Sukuna now that he's temporarily depowered. Also it would be a possible way for megumi to get out of this mess alive

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Lamebot posted:

I'm even more convinced Kenjaku is gonna swoop in and absorb Sukuna now that he's temporarily depowered. Also it would be a possible way for megumi to get out of this mess alive

i think you’re right but also i think Megumi might be toast. Kenjaku put in a culling game rule specifically about Megumi’s death

Tosk
Feb 22, 2013

Agreed. Kenjaku being the only other domain user we've seen with sufficient barrier knowledge to expand his domain without needing to close it off, and being the evil mastermind here, makes me think it would be very uncharacteristic of him not to take advantage of having his two biggest threats severely debilitated and unable to expand their own domains to defend themselves.

He's definitely watching and even if he hadn't planned to before, seeing his adversaries giftwrap themselves like this might merit some on the fly improvisation to whatever he was intending.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
This fight rules

cgfreak
Jan 2, 2013

Lamebot posted:

Could he even do that? Sukuna is not actually a curse or a vengeful spiritor whatever, right?

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I'm laughing so hard at Sukuna essentially going "I'm built different" and then his shrine just imploding.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Hypocrisy posted:

I'm laughing so hard at Sukuna essentially going "I'm built different" and then his shrine just imploding.

This fight is delivering everything it promised but also plenty of stuff it didn't and it's just such fun

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
by gawd that boy wasn't ready for this newfangled modern era.

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

well, that was insanely cool and good

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Hooting and hollering as insane technical skill is destroyed in favour of "lets loving brawl".

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
after all that explanation and wonder at the godlike skills that these two geniuses were displaying, it being revealed that the last few chapters was essentially a competition to see who could heal their self inflicted brain damage faster rules

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
I'm gonna need to re-read the whole fight up to this point, but for now I'm just laughing at the comments get very heated.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

cgfreak posted:

Could he even do that? Sukuna is not actually a curse or a vengeful spiritor whatever, right?

Assuming he used CSM to take control of Tengen I'm assuming he can do it to Sukuna

Caros
May 14, 2008

Hypocrisy posted:

If you even try to expand your domain again, your brain will be explode. Now don't mind me as I try to expand my domain to not at all ironic results.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I win, sucker! I release my domain and create a huge cloud of smoke. When it dissipates I'm lying completely dead on the pavement