Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking
i miss asa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Big Leg posted:

i miss asa

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Big Leg posted:

i miss asa

Every day. Even when she's in a chapter I ask myself if we could get more of her somehow.

I need to buy two physical copies of each chapter, I guess

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

copy posted:

i miss power so much lol

:emptyquote:

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

copy posted:

i miss power so much lol

She's running over devils in hell right now. Thank you for your service, president. :allears:

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

this new character still hasn't been named

Because she's the Bizarro of Asa her name is the reverse, Asa.

Quick does anyone who knows Japanese know if the way Asa's name is written could possibly do that? Can Japanese reverse syllables like that at all?

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

galagazombie posted:

Because she's the Bizarro of Asa her name is the reverse, Asa.

Quick does anyone who knows Japanese know if the way Asa's name is written could possibly do that? Can Japanese reverse syllables like that at all?

It’d be “Saa(サア)”

Janissary Hop
Sep 2, 2012

How can you miss Power, she sang a song in the last chapter while Denji beat people up.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Janissary Hop posted:

How can you miss Power, she sang a song in the last chapter while Denji beat people up.

It would be pretty funny if this was the new blood devil.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Idea: those guys aren't affiliated with anybody and this is simply what happens when you pick ChuChu Lovely MuniMuni MuraMura PrinPrin Boron Nururu ReroRero in karaoke.

It could happen to YOU

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Nuebot posted:

Girl is sincere about wanting to bang and Denji's absolutely horrified his buddy is acting this way.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

With her affinity for karaoke maybe this is the public speaking devil

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

Nuebot posted:

I don’t think so. Only the horsemen look like normal humans naturally, Power naturally looks like a vivisected dominatrix with a triangle for a head. She only didn’t because she spent the entirety of part one hiding in a girls corpse. And fiends always have a head deformity (like Powers horns) so the new girl can’t be her as a fiend either.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
Maybe her weird front-pigtails are hiding something?

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

galagazombie posted:

I don’t think so. Only the horsemen look like normal humans naturally, Power naturally looks like a vivisected dominatrix with a triangle for a head. She only didn’t because she spent the entirety of part one hiding in a girls corpse. And fiends always have a head deformity (like Powers horns) so the new girl can’t be her as a fiend either.

Technically, the similarity to humans isn't based on the horsemen (War was a bird when we first saw her) but on how much Devils like people. We don't know Fami's full deal yet, but Makima and Nayuta try to help people... in their ways.

If new girl is a devil, it might just make her a very pro human devil.

(Also, it feels very significant that Asa refused her chance to go to the movies. That's probably not a good move in a Fujimoto manga.)

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Man I've gone back reread this chapter more than a dozen times already the karaoke sequence is just too good.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Electric Phantasm posted:

Man I've gone back reread this chapter more than a dozen times already the karaoke sequence is just too good.

If listening to the music sync ups count im easily at 100 - maybe one of my favorite sequences in part 1 or part 2 combined.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Jerkface posted:

If listening to the music sync ups count im easily at 100 - maybe one of my favorite sequences in part 1 or part 2 combined.

That's mostly why lol

just reading it with the music and imagining it animated.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

finally able to sit down and read the newest chapter and echoing probably everyone else in saying Fuji is absolutely cracked, godly sequence

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021
I didn't like the song so it ended up being just a good scene for me. Really interested in seeing what's kouhai's plan/deal, if she has any at all.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Didn't like the lyrics when reading it, but hearing it made it click and made it a great chappy

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Terror Sweat posted:

Didn't like the lyrics when reading it, but hearing it made it click and made it a great chappy

Yeah same, I just thought it was a weird made up song but actually having the context makes the chapter skyrocket to top ten.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Oh so not only did you not recognize the lyrics, you didn't appreciate their depth and profundity? Such philistines...

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Hope no one's tired of edits because I found another great one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6eJVeValolQ

edit: also this loving great fan animation someone posted in the PYF Great Fanart thread
https://twitter.com/badjaune/status/1655331096681385986?s=20

Happy Landfill fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Jul 31, 2023

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Happy Landfill posted:

edit: also this loving great fan animation someone posted in the PYF Great Fanart thread

could be because I'm drunk and satisfied after an amazing dinner but this goes so loving hard and it's so loving good. Whoever made that should get something i dunno a prize or their private parts sucked or whatever

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

The art style and the song really compliment each other making the whole thing totally rock

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

Happy Landfill posted:

Hope no one's tired of edits because I found another great one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6eJVeValolQ

Who sings this song? I'm finding that the artist is mindless self indulgence but their version sounds like the singer is more masculine while the animatic has a more feminine voice. Is it just being sped up or is someone doing a cover of the MSI song? (Or I'm just deaf, could be deaf)

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Donkringel posted:

Who sings this song? I'm finding that the artist is mindless self indulgence but their version sounds like the singer is more masculine while the animatic has a more feminine voice. Is it just being sped up or is someone doing a cover of the MSI song? (Or I'm just deaf, could be deaf)

its a pitched up and like 1.25 (naw less than this after relistening at this speed) sped up I think? version of MSI's. Definitely pitched up though.

You can tell by listening to the original: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNFjLzVKVdk

Edit: nm the author answered in the comments, they pitched and sped up the original a custom amount for the video to match the animation! Mystery solved :ms:

Jerkface fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Jul 31, 2023

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Donkringel posted:

Who sings this song? I'm finding that the artist is mindless self indulgence but their version sounds like the singer is more masculine while the animatic has a more feminine voice.

Oh I was like, that's a bit harsh, but no that's their name lol

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

quote:

Edit: nm the author answered in the comments, they pitched and sped up the original a custom amount for the video to match the animation! Mystery solved :ms:

That's what I was also trying to figure out and apparently didn't see that in the comments. Thanks!!

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Happy Landfill posted:

lol instantly transported back to the first msi amv i ever saw (pikachu bitches)

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

What a chapter to finally get all caught up on the manga :allears:

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
This chapter introduced me to this music and now I’m down a youtube rec rabbit hole of maximum the hormone, HANABIE, etc. 10/10 chapter would chuu chuu again.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Yeah I've had chu chu muni muni stuck in my head all week

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I'm being attacked by the Didn't Know There Wasn't A Chainsaw Man Chapter This Week Devil :(

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

MorningMoon posted:

I'm being attacked by the Didn't Know There Wasn't A Chainsaw Man Chapter This Week Devil :(

yeah all of SJ is on break this week. next chap is going to be wild tho

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

https://twitter.com/D_Kumii/status/1686699902519083008

I miss them

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I forget all the details of Yoru's ability to make weapons, but couldn't they both get what they wanted by dating Denji. As in that being enough to claim ownership over Denji to weaponize the chainsaw part of him which I assume would be quite the power up.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Hunt11 posted:

I forget all the details of Yoru's ability to make weapons, but couldn't they both get what they wanted by dating Denji. As in that being enough to claim ownership over Denji to weaponize the chainsaw part of him which I assume would be quite the power up.

Yoru turns people into weapons in very lethal ways

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

ImpAtom posted:

Yoru turns people into weapons in very lethal ways

True but we have seen chainsaw man come back from what should by all rights be lethal situations.