Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

The snowflake button makes it
cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold

Beeftweeter posted:

guess who got decentralized bro

rough yet hearty lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

favorite so far

https://twitter.com/yoloswagstudios/status/1684648111862333440

though this dril one is pretty good too

https://twitter.com/dril/status/1684603779797417984

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Beeftweeter posted:

lmao

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

Jfc lol

Internet Janitor
May 17, 2008

"That isn't the appropriate trash receptacle."
ok, so they killed and dismembered him, but did they compromise the integrity of his crypto wallet?

leper khan
Dec 28, 2010
Honest to god thinks Half Life 2 is a bad game. But at least he likes Monster Hunter.

Internet Janitor posted:

ok, so they killed and dismembered him, but did they compromise the integrity of his crypto wallet?

I'd assume he leaked it after they took a hand.

AlbertFlasher
Feb 14, 2006

Hulk Hogan and the Wrestling Boot Band

Enderzero posted:

rough yet hearty lmao

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

frankly, the gansters should have known better than to lend money to a cryptobro

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

BMan posted:

frankly, the gansters should have known better than to lend money to a cryptobro

someone introduce them to dollar cost averaging

Internet Janitor
May 17, 2008

leper khan posted:

I'd assume he leaked it after they took a hand.

definitely makes it harder to hodl

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
remember, madoff got 150 years in federal prison. you gently caress with rich people's money, you goin away

b0red
Apr 3, 2013

https://twitter.com/bonerhitler/status/1684587456862064641

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

DELETE CASCADE posted:

remember, madoff got 150 years in federal prison. you gently caress with rich people's money, you goin away

oh for real? i did not remember that. id like to change my answer

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Beeftweeter posted:

Enderzero posted:

rough yet hearty lmao

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
the 2 laws in america:

1. don't gently caress with anybody richer than u
2. don't kill too many white ppl

leper khan
Dec 28, 2010
Honest to god thinks Half Life 2 is a bad game. But at least he likes Monster Hunter.

Sapozhnik posted:

the 2 laws in america:

2. don't kill too many white ppl

2 is ok if you kill enough, but it has to be a lot. And only if there's some plausible way to say it was an accident, or the action is delayed in time significantly from the effect.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.
also you can do it with your car.

MeruFM
Jul 27, 2010
caveat: all this only applies to white people

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

Sagebrush posted:

also you can do it with your car.

Only if they aren’t in one though.

Internet Janitor
May 17, 2008

2. DO NOT gently caress WITH ANYONE RICHER THAN U
3. gently caress you

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.
that article posted a couple weeks ago saying "of course america has a social credit score system, it's called money" has really stuck with me.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Tony Pizzuto Says Hello

Sagebrush posted:

that article posted a couple weeks ago saying "of course america has a social credit score system, it's called money" has really stuck with me.

it's literally called credit

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
bad news sagebrush, they got money in other countries too

they even got capitalism and everything

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Beeftweeter posted:

lmao drat that's good

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Sagebrush posted:

that’s not what social credit score means anyway, social credit score is assigned to businesses to basically evaluate them on how trustworthy it is to do business with them. well that’s the idea. it doesn’t really exist (yet?)

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

anyway that’s one way of looking at what money really is: it’s a claim on controlling a certain amount of societal labor

if you have more money it basically means you can divert a higher percentage of the total labor in society toward what you want it to be doing

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

stolen from the corp thread:

dpkg chopra posted:

Project Management isn’t real. Years of resources and documentation with no measurable results. Needed to estimate how long a project would take? We had a tool for that, it was called guessing. They have taken us for absolute fools.

ouch too real lol

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

stolen from the corp thread:

ouch too real lol

you ever worked on a project with more than like, 3 people, without a project manager? it sucks rear end. project management is real

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

fart simpson posted:

you ever worked on a project with more than like, 3 people, without a project manager? it sucks rear end. project management is real

doing powerpoints sucks I'll give you that

I've definitely been on one with three project managers and let me tell you *that* sucks rear end

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

project managers don’t just estimate schedules. they make sure all the other guys are working on approximately the right stuff at approximately the right time. if you don’t have a project manager than someone else is being the project manager in addition to their stated job

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

fishmech is back in project manager form!

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

fart simpson posted:

project managers don’t just estimate schedules. they make sure all the other guys are working on approximately the right stuff at approximately the right time. if you don’t have a project manager than someone else is being the project manager in addition to their stated job

There are 10 designers are 20 project managers in my division. For the stuff designed in-house, I have a 50-50 shot of getting a project manager that does the "making sure" part, and I love those competent managers because they clear the decks for me to do as little work as possible for a deliverable. If I draw unlucky, we get an absolute burnout or incompetent manager and someone from our team ends up doing the project management anyway

One of our PMs attended a kickoff meeting, casually dropped a "oh and by the way I'm on vacation for the next month" to the unawares client's rep, and left us looking like total dopes as half of the client's communications went on to land in an unattended inbox

Another emailed me while I was on my first day of a scheduled 2-week vacation to ask what the development status was on a project I was on. I'd completed the design and sent out the BOM 6 weeks before. He'd reported it as 65% complete at a PM standup because he had no idea and guessed in front of upper management. Motherfucker that's your whole job

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

i am so glad to have bosses who dont give a poo poo about the details and dont pretend to either (

them: we were thinking abou "this". what does it take to implement?
me: idk its uh javascript and php so at least a month? if you want i can take a day to give a more precise estimate
them: nah just stay on the other thing

~or~

them: alright lets see if its worth it
me: (after a month) this poo poo sucks
them: ok that goes on the backburner ("icebox" for the poisoned)

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

Carthag Tuek posted:

me: (after a month) this poo poo sucks

you already said you were using php

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.
great project managers are rare (I’ve had like maybe 3) but but good goddamn if you find a good one they will make your life 10,000 times easier

leper khan
Dec 28, 2010

Feisty-Cadaver posted:

great project managers are rare (I’ve had like maybe 3) but but good goddamn if you find a good one they will make your life 10,000 times easier

Bad ones are v bad though.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple on pizzadog derangement syndrome
i agree with frat smipson - product managers are necessary for any nontrivial projects. There are be too many and there can be incompetent pms just like any other team member

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Feisty-Cadaver posted:

leper khan posted:

Bad ones are v bad though.

this are both 100% correct

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

this are both 100% correct

I have been blessed to only have to suffer mediocre pms at worst, but have been adjacent to terrible ones that definitely should have been fired

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

lmao