Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

The fact that CGH barely celebrated the goal and that they instead formed a huddle to talk about things is making me believe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

webmeister posted:

Switzerland-NZ is great so far, couple of quality goalmouth scrambles and a shot off the post

I would describe this game as Poised. Some tasty challenges going in as well

Robo Captain
Sep 28, 2013
I feel NZ really missed their chance vs the Philippines. I'm not super confident we can win this.

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

RIP to the Philippines.

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

5-0 and I'm pretty sure we're through.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
NZ/Switzerland feels like either one could get a lucky goal at any point and that's how it'll end.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
This Norway result is all because I decided not to go to the game, you're welcome Grimson.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

victorious posted:

NZ/Switzerland feels like either one could get a lucky goal at any point and that's how it'll end.

100%

Feel sorry for this keeper though, injuring herself shanking a clearance

edit; she's fine, not sure why she went down in backplay then

webmeister fucked around with this message at 09:24 on Jul 30, 2023

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

webmeister posted:

100%

Feel sorry for this keeper though, injuring herself shanking a clearance

commentary accusing her of flopping to strategically give the rest of the team a chance to huddle and change tactics, based on the backup not actively warming up the second she hit the ground

world cups/olympics are the only times i really watch this sport but that's the first time I've seen commentary suggest someone's faking it (without video evidence of them going down without being touched, obv)

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

oldskool posted:

commentary accusing her of flopping to strategically give the rest of the team a chance to huddle and change tactics, based on the backup not actively warming up the second she hit the ground

world cups/olympics are the only times i really watch this sport but that's the first time I've seen commentary suggest someone's faking it (without video evidence of them going down without being touched, obv)

It's become an extremely common practice over the last like two years. Emma Hayes made a rule of it this year and the Chelsea goalie would always take a knee in like the 60th minute during every game so they could have a tactics chat on the sideline with the rest of the players.

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

I will be very mad if this injury puts Bjelde out for a match or two, she's been a key player for this team.

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

whypick1 posted:

This Norway result is all because I decided not to go to the game, you're welcome Grimson.

Appreciate it! This is exactly the kind of game we needed where we get to play more loose and playful to get our confidence back. We've currently scored the same amount of goals in this game as we've done in the previous full Euro group stage and the last two World Cup matches.

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

That was an excellent save by the Philippines goalie. Also fun fact, there's currently 13 Norwegian players on the pitch.

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

11 minutes added time, why?

Zwachro
Mar 7, 2003
C808BEA
I'm not quite sure what's going on but I like it

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

And we got a hattrick and 6-0.

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
keeper up with 6 minutes left, love to see it

Robo Captain
Sep 28, 2013
Yep, knew that how it was going to end

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Twenty-five dollars and a six pack to my name
Sad for Kiwis but they played well this tournament.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

gently caress.

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

Honestly surprised that ended 0-0, just a ton of opportunities wasted by both teams.

BIGBONGTHEORY
Apr 17, 2007
Stupid Dickfaced Moron
I've never seen a keeper go up so many times. Pity we're out. Just couldn't finish.

Robo Captain
Sep 28, 2013

Jean-Paul Shartre posted:

Honestly surprised that ended 0-0, just a ton of opportunities wasted by both teams.

Nz is really bad at scoring goals

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

Gonna face either Spain or Japan. I wouldn't bet on us against either.

Robo Captain
Sep 28, 2013

Grimson posted:

Gonna face either Spain or Japan. I wouldn't bet on us against either.

I will be going to that game.

It sucks going out when we're playing at home but at least we didn't do a Qatar

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Ban alcohol sales at the last second? Force visitors to stay in poorly ventilated shipping containers? All of the slave labor? You're going to have to be more specific here.

Robo Captain
Sep 28, 2013
Play like trash and lose every single game!

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just looked up why Colombia's head coach was suspended. My thoughts: "lol" and "WTF?"

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

whypick1 posted:

Just looked up why Colombia's head coach was suspended. My thoughts: "lol" and "WTF?"

lol fifa, always literally the worst organisation in the world

On a similar note, I think Zidane still has a 3-match ban hanging over him from the 2006 final

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

How the hell did Germany not score there?

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

whypick1 posted:

How the hell did Germany not score there?

yeah that was quite a whiffed hit

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Well, one of the hosts is just barely out, and Australia will likely follow tomorrow night.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

Quite enjoying the camera cutting to the Colombian coach in the stands, yelling into his phone and frantically scrolling like a hungover guy waiting for his menulog KFC delivery

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Who's to say that's not exactly what he's doing?

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Twenty-five dollars and a six pack to my name
Proper shithousery from Colombia, wrestling the Germany goalkeeper.

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
Phwoar!!!

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

Oh my god!

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

That's a loving goal.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

wow what a golazo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022