Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i apologize that the entire usa is kentucky

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Yikes, Marcus Adams Jr is already leaving Kansas and the rumors going around are not great.

Showed up 20 pounds overweight, lost explosiveness, responded poorly to being coached hard, on and on.

Apparently they had a team meeting and he wasn't invited to it and the word "cancer" was thrown around. If all these rumors are true not sure where he ends up next but sounds like addition by subtraction on this one.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

kiimo posted:

Yikes, Marcus Adams Jr is already leaving Kansas and the rumors going around are not great.

Showed up 20 pounds overweight, lost explosiveness, responded poorly to being coached hard, on and on.

Apparently they had a team meeting and he wasn't invited to it and the word "cancer" was thrown around. If all these rumors are true not sure where he ends up next but sounds like addition by subtraction on this one.

Down to 10 scholarship players it looks like. Didn't know another incoming freshman left already so only 2 people in this class I guess. Bill definitely rubs some players wrong.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Big XII released home/away slate for teams.

TTU has 2 games with: BU, UT, UCF, OSU, and TCU.

Home only: BYU, Cincinnati, Kansas, Kansas State

Away only: Iowa State, Houston, OU, WVU

Have I mentioned how murderous the new Big XII is in basketball in the last month?

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Getting to play ISU only on the road is some poo poo luck, sorry dude.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Tony Bennett died. Watch the afterlife grind to a halt now

The singer died, not the basketball one

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever
KU/UNC home and home, about loving time

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

Criminal Minded posted:

KU/UNC home and home, about loving time

you mean, now that the coach connecting the two has retired and UNC is a slowly fading power buoyed up by a floundering conference

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Used to love it when Roy would say, hey call him corny, but he wouldn't recruit anyone east of the Mississippi River out of respect for Dean and also wouldn't play them. No championships for Kansas. Then he bails and goes to UNC and hey he's still corny and loves his coca cola but suddenly he had the "wan-to" to recruit whoever he felt like and wouldn't you know it suddenly the tournament wasn't a problem for him.

I'm still like only 5% bitter about Roy but man that was frustrating.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George
First round of the Maui Tournament is set

Kansas/Chaminade
Marquette/UCLA
Tennessee/Syracuse
Purdue/Gonzaga

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
yikes thank goodness he stabilized https://twitter.com/mcten/status/1683853017588862981?s=46&t=2RtKUZF-7mtwaGnhOLp93A

OPAONI
Jul 23, 2021

elentar posted:

you mean, now that the coach connecting the two has retired and UNC is a slowly fading power buoyed up by a floundering conference

.... :(

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

PotatoJudge posted:

First round of the Maui Tournament is set

Kansas/Chaminade
Marquette/UCLA
Tennessee/Syracuse
Purdue/Gonzaga

Holy crap, that's a hell of an early season tournament.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Syracuse is going to get hurt bad

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
That’s a whole lot of orange in one game, I love it

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Bird in a Blender posted:

Holy crap, that's a hell of an early season tournament.

The Maui Tournament has quietly turned into one of the best early season tournaments on the schedule. They've had a top 10 lineup for the last few years.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Let's go

https://twitter.com/sdutzeigler/status/1684245176976539648

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Wow Gonzaga scheduling a tough opponent it's like a four leaf clover

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Colorado jumping back to the Big XII is pretty funny

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Thank god we can go back to Boulder once a year.

Signed,

The entire, sweltering midwest.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Can't wait for all the gently caress KU chants

A Big Dark Yak
Dec 28, 2007
It's only the end of the world.

Just bring Nebraska back in, too, rename the conference the Big 8 Deluxe.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

The Big Ocho

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Kansas just played a game. Basketball.

August 3 has to be a new record. (they crushed btw)

I know like 4 people on this team

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

kiimo posted:

Is one of them Perry Ellis

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

kiimo posted:

Tech played a game vs the TBT Tech team back in early July. They got destroyed.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

a neat cape posted:

Is one of them Perry Ellis

:popeye:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

so uh

how are the big 10 and big 12 basketball tournaments gonna look next year lmao

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Going to take a full week to get through the tourney.

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
The Big XII in 2024 is going to be a rock fight, jeez

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Like literal worst case scenario for me, someone who likes basketball, to be in the conference that plays the least aesthetically pleasing form of basketball in the world. I would have rather Arizona joined Overtime Elite.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

The Big 12 plays the least aesthetically pleasing form of basketball in the world?

Can't wait to hear this one.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Tennessee beat a whole rear end country 97-57 last night.

I’ve been following along and their trip looks like they had a blast. Really cool they got to do that

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

kiimo posted:

The Big 12 plays the least aesthetically pleasing form of basketball in the world?

Legitimately confused because Wisconsin and Virginia aren’t in the Big 12 last time I checked

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

kiimo posted:

Luckily for us all, Iowa State is not the entire conference. Otherwise I would have to agree with them.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Rick posted:

Like literal worst case scenario for me, someone who likes basketball, to be in the conference that plays the least aesthetically pleasing form of basketball in the world. I would have rather Arizona joined Overtime Elite.

Arizona didn't join the Big East though? Or the Big 10? Confused here.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Regardless of the rather dubious merits of that argument (which I suspect was somewhat hyperbolic) from a third party...play your style and if you beat 'em they'll change.

That's how we ended up with so many lovely all defense no offense teams in college ball. It worked. If your stuff is better, people are going to copy it.

OPAONI
Jul 23, 2021

Rick posted:

Is Virginia in your conference?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

Regardless of the rather dubious merits of that argument (which I suspect was somewhat hyperbolic) from a third party...play your style and if you beat 'em they'll change.

That's how we ended up with so many lovely all defense no offense teams in college ball. It worked. If your stuff is better, people are going to copy it.

I feel like this is a personal attack

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

a neat cape posted:

I feel like this is a personal attack

I'm not one throwing stones here, I'm a Mizzou fan. I've been through it all over the last decade+.

All offense, surprisingly sort of ok D from a 4 guard team one year that lost a 2-15 matchup in the tourney. Then trash. Then trash that was somehow a worse word than trash. Excitement for all D! Oh that sucked too.

Now all O and spacing and it's fun to watch but whether that translates into significant wins remains to be seen.