Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Hunt11 posted:

I forget all the details of Yoru's ability to make weapons, but couldn't they both get what they wanted by dating Denji. As in that being enough to claim ownership over Denji to weaponize the chainsaw part of him which I assume would be quite the power up.

This was the original plan. It failed miserably because Asa is socially inept and Yoru doesn't get human emotions at all despite needing esoteric concepts in play for her powers to be functional.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

The Notorious ZSB posted:

This was the original plan. It failed miserably because Asa is socially inept and Yoru doesn't get human emotions at all despite needing esoteric concepts in play for her powers to be functional.

It's worth keeping in mind that Denji might just be immune to War's powers. We won't know for sure any time soon, but it's definitely a real possibility.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

King of Solomon posted:

It's worth keeping in mind that Denji might just be immune to War's powers. We won't know for sure any time soon, but it's definitely a real possibility.

Well hes definitely immune to Asa's charms

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
Can you really claim immunity to something that doesn't exist?

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Namnesor posted:

Can you really claim immunity to something that doesn't exist?

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

The Chainsaw Devil ate the "Asa's Rizz" Devil

Janissary Hop
Sep 2, 2012

These were with them https://imgur.com/a/W6UqIZF

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

shes me fr fr

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Ooof, Denji looks so uncomfortable in that panel. I noticed he's also keeping his mouth intentionally shut tight, I think he's having PTSD flashbacks to getting barf in his mouth and having his tongue bitten off.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Holy poo poo

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

They're so good

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

I've never seen a girl tsundere herself.

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

Yoru increasingly desperate to figure out if the shared lease agreement is binding or not.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

yoru then: "foolish girl. in my generosity, i will prolong your insignificant life a bit longer if you obey my commands. we shall bring this world to heel"
yoru now: "please just go to loving sleep"

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse

There has never been a more relatable anime character

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

Terrifying Effigies posted:

Yoru increasingly desperate to figure out if the shared lease agreement is binding or not.

Yoru has to feel all of Asa's dumb teenage emotions too,just lol,lmao even

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Ooof, Denji looks so uncomfortable in that panel. I noticed he's also keeping his mouth intentionally shut tight, I think he's having PTSD flashbacks to getting barf in his mouth and having his tongue bitten off.

Yep. It's a nice detail. And by nice I mean sad.

I've said it before, I think, but it's still remarkable how much of a tire fire Asa and Denji's """"romance"""" is. Denji's fallen for girls in, rough estimate, five seconds, and views "Wanna do it?" as something requiring staggering willpower to resist. We also see in the latest chapter that he's still just as quick to start liking women he should (and does) know better than to get involved with.

Asa, meanwhile, has managed to fumble things to the point where Denji accepts placing her as a non-option with less serious negotiation than he has for the ice cream deal.

I'm really curious what Fujimoto's working towards here. Asa and Denji are both really well done characters, and there's something building, but the romance feels even more doomed than Denji and Makima, which is saying something.

That said, it did result in the first official Chainsaw Man video game, so that's something no matter how it ends.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I predict that chainsawman will devour the very concept of devils, wiping them from existence, and asa and denji will just be two weird dorks who wind up together after everyone forgets devils were a thing

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

Devils will be defeated but also Power is back to be the cool sister and make them both look like bigger dorks. She still has memories because she's just that cool. Also Aki is back too idk how. The Death horseman or something? Chainsawman switches to a comfy SoL series

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

I predict that chainsawman will devour the very concept of devils, wiping them from existence, and asa and denji will just be two weird dorks who wind up together after everyone forgets devils were a thing

That's the thing. Asa and Denji are a terrible couple, not because of anything external, but because of their personalities.

Like, Denji and Reze, set them up as free agents and they're screwing on the cafeteria table by lunchtime.

Asa, meanwhile, will still be a condescending rear end in a top hat towards Denji no matter the outside circumstances, while Denji will be an awkward horndog setting Asa's discomfort to maximum. They basically only dated out of desperation, with literally anyone else getting further faster. (Denji needed a whole date to get Asa interested, which she still denied in her internal monologue. Yoshida, meanwhile, gets Asa on the line in basically a sentence. Without trying.)

What's worse, Denji really needs Devils. Put aside that his best friend, his first love, his surrogate little sister, and the closest thing he has to a daughter are all devils, Denji was born with a terminal heart condition. A coughing-up-blood-in-the-middle-of-the-night-at-sixteen heart condition. Without Pochita, he'd be lucky to live to 20.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

chiasaur11 posted:

Asa, meanwhile, will still be a condescending rear end in a top hat towards Denji no matter the outside circumstances, while Denji will be an awkward horndog setting Asa's discomfort to maximum. They basically only dated out of desperation, with literally anyone else getting further faster. (Denji needed a whole date to get Asa interested, which she still denied in her internal monologue. Yoshida, meanwhile, gets Asa on the line in basically a sentence. Without trying.)
Yoshida is not an average guy...

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Kobeni is the key to all of this

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Part 3 is MC Power fighting her way through Hell to get back to Earth in time for the Nobel Prize ceremony.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Shinjobi posted:

Kobeni is the key to all of this

She's a funnier character than we've ever had in the manga (not a joke)

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
One day Kobeni's devil will be casually revealed and I'll poo poo my pants and reread the whole thing while furiously pointing at the screen.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

MorningMoon posted:

One day Kobeni's devil will be casually revealed and I'll poo poo my pants and reread the whole thing while furiously pointing at the screen.

So nothing will change?

Giggy
Jan 22, 2010
Asa and Denji is just a 'slap slap kiss' thing. Asa has fallen for Denji twice and he still views her as a potential ex girlfriend. It's probably healthy for Denji to have a romance with someone he doesn't put on a pedestal.

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

SVMS-01 UNION FLAG GREATEST MOBILE SUIT

ENACT = CHEAP EUROTRASH COPY

Giggy posted:

Asa and Denji is just a 'slap slap kiss' thing. Asa has fallen for Denji twice and he still views her as a potential ex girlfriend. It's probably healthy for Denji to have a romance with someone he doesn't put on a pedestal.

potential ex-girlfriend or ex-potential girlfriend?

Giggy
Jan 22, 2010

Triggerhappypilot posted:

potential ex-girlfriend or ex-potential girlfriend?

I actually don't remember what he said in that panel was it the latter lmao? Either way hardly a deal breaker for him I'm sure.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Giggy posted:

I actually don't remember what he said in that panel was it the latter lmao? Either way hardly a deal breaker for him I'm sure.

Ex potential girlfriend. As in she was once his potential girlfriend but now she's off the options list. Denji's expressed willingness to just give up on Asa is the highest he's had for any girl.

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

Nayuta did tell him to.

... and wiped her memory.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Forget being an ex potential girlfriend

Go for the exponential girlfriend instead

Giggy
Jan 22, 2010

chiasaur11 posted:

Ex potential girlfriend. As in she was once his potential girlfriend but now she's off the options list. Denji's expressed willingness to just give up on Asa is the highest he's had for any girl.

I don't think that comedic line is meant to show that Denji has given up on Asa. More that he thinks she wants nothing to do with him because he stood her up on a date and Nayuta doesn't want it. After all Nayuta comes first.

Edit- I feel like the big setup with Asa and Denji so far is that from Denji's perspective she's a repeat of all the terrible romantic experiences he's had before (wants to kill him/terrible kiss with/lack of consent) but it wasn't really Asa doing those things. A comedy/drama of errors.

Giggy fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Aug 4, 2023

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Giggy posted:

I don't think that comedic line is meant to show that Denji has given up on Asa. More that he thinks she wants nothing to do with him because he stood her up on a date and Nayuta doesn't want it. After all Nayuta comes first.

Edit- I feel like the big setup with Asa and Denji so far is that from Denji's perspective she's a repeat of all the terrible romantic experiences he's had before (wants to kill him/terrible kiss with/lack of consent) but it wasn't really Asa doing those things. A comedy/drama of errors.

She was, though. She was actively plotting to murder him, just like everyone else. Denji assuming she was different was, in fact, an unearned compliment.

It was Asa, not Yoru, who picked Denji out as the guy to kill. Asa, not Yoru, who was insulting him and ordering him around. And Asa, not Yoru, who insulted him to the point of mental trauma while he was risking his life to save hers.

Sure, she changed her mind on the killing thing, but Reze and Power did that first. Asa's only different in that she's aggressively lovely towards Denji even outside of plots to steal Chainsaw's heart.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
I saw someone online say that Kobeni is just a courage the cowardly dog gijinka and I thought that was pretty funny.

Also it will be very funny when Kobeni gets dragged into Denji and Asa’s nonsense again somehow.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

PringleCreamEgg posted:

I saw someone online say that Kobeni is just a courage the cowardly dog gijinka and I thought that was pretty funny.

Also it will be very funny when Kobeni gets dragged into Denji and Asa’s nonsense again somehow.

"The things I do for my brother's college education"

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

PringleCreamEgg posted:

Maybe you never visited the anime thread:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9lRU120YOg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
you all have to remember Kobeni kinda just exists until Katana man arc. anime fans were like wtf manga bros just blowing hot air until she tries to ninja assassin Sawatari