Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

DeepDickPizza posted:

Looking at that list, Nia Jax & Shayna Baszler are unironically the best champs those belts have ever had, which is, uh, really something.
Best in what way? The titles were just there for Sasha and when she realized they we meaningless she left

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

BrigadierSensible posted:

Any film you put him in, his co-star will outshine him, even if that co-star is Clint Howard.

How dare you talk mess about the star of Ice Cream Man.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Invalid Validation posted:

Roman can be fun in interviews and stuff. He ain’t no Rock but he could be more than he is now if he didn’t have to read their dogshit scripts. That and maybe take some acting classes. You can tell it’s all WWE because sometimes the let fun stuff slip through in spite of themselves before they smother it. Like Sami’s bloodline stuff, DBry/Kane tag team, Sad Sack Corbin, All of the earlier New Day stuff, etc…

Ah, but this is Roman with acting classes. WWE sent him to some a few years ago.

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
he had a starring role in Hobbs & Shaw!!!

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
He even did his special punch!

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Alaois posted:

Remembering how Nick Aldous' debut gimmick in TNA was Brutus Magnus the Roman Gladiator, presumably trying to cash in on the popularity of Ridley Scott's 2000 movie Gladiator in 2011, also he was part of the British Invasion stable

he was one of the gladiators in the UK reboot in 2008

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Invalid Validation posted:

Roman can be fun in interviews and stuff. He ain’t no Rock but he could be more than he is now if he didn’t have to read their dogshit scripts. That and maybe take some acting classes. You can tell it’s all WWE because sometimes the let fun stuff slip through in spite of themselves before they smother it. Like Sami’s bloodline stuff, DBry/Kane tag team, Sad Sack Corbin, All of the earlier New Day stuff, etc…

Dude writes his own promos, this is what he wants to be doing.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

USA has a new poster for Raw, with the Mount Rushmore of WWE on it.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tcqF5YlX78

I haven’t watched any of them yet but Maven’s been doing these kinds of videos lately.

Also, why does Snidely Whiplash sing Seth’s song now?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Pope Corky the IX posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tcqF5YlX78

I haven’t watched any of them yet but Maven’s been doing these kinds of videos lately.

Also, why does Snidely Whiplash sing Seth’s song now?

Maven looks like someone who would do food videos on Youtube now

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Maven Mukbang

Like, comment, subscribe, RING THE BELL

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

BrigadierSensible posted:

That's what is baffling to me.

A man who I have only seen be poo poo and boring and not entertaining at all, (Sad Corbin notwithstanding), when still doing a WWE thing with WWE people suddenly becomes vibrant and energized and charming and entertaining.

It makes no sense, coz it can't all be bad booking can it? And if it is, am I wrong about Roman Reigns? Is there a fun entertaining performer in there somewhere just being smothered by his WWE push?

The thing to remember is that WWE is a profoundly boring company that wants to do the same thing for all time. One of those things they want to do forever is Triple H-style heels who just stand on top of the card and go "You thought you could beat me? Heh." forever. Corbin had to do that for the worst years of modern WWE, and there is not a person alive that can be entertaining when the whole company wants you to be a bad archetype and nothing more.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Codependent Poster posted:

Maven looks like someone who would do food videos on Youtube now

Smash or pass: that like button edition

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I'm glad Maven got jabroni'd by the undertaker

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Melzter says Roman is injured, but didn’t give details. I doubt it interrupts whatever their plan is for him though.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Lurks With Wolves posted:

The thing to remember is that WWE is a profoundly boring company that wants to do the same thing for all time. One of those things they want to do forever is Triple H-style heels who just stand on top of the card and go "You thought you could beat me? Heh." forever. Corbin had to do that for the worst years of modern WWE, and there is not a person alive that can be entertaining when the whole company wants you to be a bad archetype and nothing more.

I've met Baron Corbin a couple times and he's really a friendly, funny guy so it sucks none of it comes across on TV. Except in rare cases like Sad Corbin or "go back to Ring of Honor!" when he was beating up people in NXT who may or may not have ever been in Ring of Honor

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Eat My Fuc posted:

Melzter says Roman is injured, but didn’t give details. I doubt it interrupts whatever their plan is for him though.

I heard this and did a double take. What, did he pull a muscle making faces? He didn't loving do anything the entire stupid match.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

This does make it easier for him to come up with excuses to skip ppvs

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/WrestlingNewsCo/status/1688923202607824896

Roman takes the inside-out bump, Jey goes for the dive, sees Roman is leaning over the barricade, screams "JOE! JOE!", does the dive, Roman doesn't stand up, takes the dive on his back and I guess gets hurt there?

I dunno who I'm more annoyed with here, Roman for not knowing how to take a loving tope, or Jey for clearly seeing that he's not ready and just doing it anyway.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Due to injury Roman will now require 16 minutes to walk to the ring before not having a match

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

MJeff posted:

Roman takes the inside-out bump, Jey goes for the dive, sees Roman is leaning over the barricade, screams "JOE! JOE!", does the dive, Roman doesn't stand up, takes the dive on his back and I guess gets hurt there?

I dunno who I'm more annoyed with here, Roman for not knowing how to take a loving tope, or Jey for clearly seeing that he's not ready and just doing it anyway.

The shameful back strikes again

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Bah gawd, what brutality

Let’s see that mark dean ambrose do something with even half as much bravery and violence

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Codependent Poster posted:

To give Dave credit, he put in the work to become a pretty good actor. Like Cena probably has more natural talent for it, but it took him a while to put in the work to improve but Dave started to take it seriously right away.

yeah in interviews w Dave it really shows he's just a different kinda guy from rock or Cena, like once he broke into Hollywood stuff he like, kinda fell in love with the craft and really dedicated himself, and like he just really genuinely wants to be the best actor he can be. it's cool, idk batista is a cool example of a person who never stopped wanting to learn or grow and like, he was already kind of a late bloomer in wrestling to begin with before acting was even a thing for him.

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One

projecthalaxy posted:

Blonde, Brunette, Becky, Bald

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

projecthalaxy posted:

Ew Cody is in this? No thanks

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

projecthalaxy posted:

This does make it easier for him to come up with excuses to skip ppvs

Did anyone expect him to come back before Survivor Series anyway?

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

MJeff posted:

One of the moments that made me realize Shun Skywalker was going to be someone to keep an eye on, was about a year into his career, he has a match where he does a bicycle kick to send a guy to the outside for a tope. His opponent got his foot stuck in the rope and was out of position for the move but Shun notices and mid stride changes direction to the corner and hits a triangle plancha instead, giving his opponent time to get in position. I guess expecting WWE main eventers to have the same ring awareness as a rookie in Dragon Gate is too much to ask for though.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

MJeff posted:

He'll be fine by his next match three to six months from now

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
They’ll just invent yet another consolation belt that he’ll immediately win on his return.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Dimebags Brain posted:

One of the moments that made me realize Shun Skywalker was going to be someone to keep an eye on, was about a year into his career, he has a match where he does a bicycle kick to send a guy to the outside for a tope. His opponent got his foot stuck in the rope and was out of position for the move but Shun notices and mid stride changes direction to the corner and hits a triangle plancha instead, giving his opponent time to get in position. I guess expecting WWE main eventers to have the same ring awareness as a rookie in Dragon Gate is too much to ask for though.

To be fair (tm) and balanced (tm) (c), Shun also had a match where he didn't realized he'd knocked a dude the gently caress out until after he started doing moonsault knees into his stomach. So, y'know, accidents happen, land of contrasts, etc. But yes, Jey should've just transitioned into a baseball slide or something.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
Not saying it's worked, but it's like every time Roman has a terrible main event we hear "Oh, well he was working injured!".

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

No wonder his back hurts, he’s carrying the company!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The fun thing is because it's Roman that's the one who's hurt, they'll pull a Tony Khan and say plans shouldn't change in this case

Meanwhile Sonya Deville's never gonna even sniff a belt again because she tears her ACL barely 3 weeks into her first time

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I love Sonya but her in-ring career has been a disaster.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
If her ring work don’t scare you, no evil thing will

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I just noticed Roman moved a bit for Jey to hit that perfect dive for his special moment. They are out looking out for each out. The brotherhood is real 😭

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I remember people saying Roman would follow in his cousin's footsteps and break big in Hollywood

I think that was one of those moments when I realized that wrestling fans might have absolutely no capacity for taking the measure of a performer

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Roman vacating the belt due to injury after this long and putting no one over in the process is the funniest ending.

Though tbh I think they love him so much they would go with an interim for the first time.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Ganso Bomb posted:

I just noticed Roman moved a bit for Jey to hit that perfect dive for his special moment. They are out looking out for each out. The brotherhood is real 😭

probate for emfposting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

OnimaruXLR posted:

I remember people saying Roman would follow in his cousin's footsteps and break big in Hollywood

I think that was one of those moments when I realized that wrestling fans might have absolutely no capacity for taking the measure of a performer

I mainly remember people saying "he'll have a side gig as a model for the covers of romance novels" :v: