Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Anyway, I guess I was wrong about this new girl secretly being Yoshida somehow.

Jerkface posted:

I'm glad the new chick is a friend.

Is she? I think she might just be crazy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Anyway, I guess I was wrong about this new girl secretly being Yoshida somehow.

Is she? I think she might just be crazy.

Are any of Denji's friends not crazy?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
yoshida's too dumb to realize that if a big crowd of guys ambushed denji at the place she brought him to, it's because she called them over.

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

from some twitter guy. might be seeing more of these cats.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

Are any of Denji's friends not crazy?

Aki was mostly sane. Poor guy.

Actually, Himeno wasn't too crazy either. Just a horny alcoholic who hit on someone she shouldn't when three sheets to the wind and depressed.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Yoshida’s competence is rapidly plummeting each chapter. Yeah sure assign Denji a cute lady bodyguard that LOVES the fact that he is chainsaw man, he’ll never transform to try to impress her or anything

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
Exasperated Yoshida looks a little like Aki without a ponytail in some of these panels

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

CharlestonJew posted:

Yoshida’s competence is rapidly plummeting each chapter. Yeah sure assign Denji a cute lady bodyguard that LOVES the fact that he is chainsaw man, he’ll never transform to try to impress her or anything

Counterpoint: a cute girl with a few dozen screws loose who loves Chainsaw Man is probably his best shot at distracting Denji for a few months.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i miss falling

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

CharlestonJew posted:

yeah you gotta wonder

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

Donkringel posted:

I could actually see this being a fake-out and they actually fight together. She's just like "beating randos with a bat is much better than karaoke!"

Meanwhile Yoshida gets an after action report: "Oh good they went to a 'karaoke' room huh? Well good the kid finally gets his rocks of- wait 20 men attacked him with bats? Denji killed half of them? THE GIRL JOINED IN AND THEY WENT ON A RAMPAGE?!

I think there may have been less damage if Denji had just transformed..."

I'm excited that I was partially right with the attack fake-out.

Lol that she is actually an adult woman in the public safety office. Yoshida is going to be reading HER after action report and I think he will have a lot of questions.

"So you made the person you are meant to be protecting, tongue and suck off a dead devil for your amusement.

Then you let him get attacked so you could finish your karaoke song."

Still, kind of super ew for Denji. The age difference, her actual job position. He was supposed to go live his life and I think the public safety office is actively loving that up for him now. I wouldn't be surprised if all these guys got their leaked Denji information from the public safety dept.

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

this is all still incredibly weird because none of this answers where the guys came from or why they lined up to come at him one a time foot clan style, or why one would try to shoot at him with an airsoft. between that and the sudden increased public safety involvement and the reappearance of sword man this is starting to feel a little international assassins-y

Valentin fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Aug 8, 2023

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
it's also extremely suss that Yoshida appears out of nowhere with an convenient explanation. we also don't have an explanation for the other Chainsaw Man during Falling's Day Parade

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

y'know I wonder if we'll get a gun hybrid sometime in part 2, since that's the kind of thing that would tie back to part 1, could fit nicely if we're going to get an explanation about the hybrids in part 2, and has some obvious ties to war.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Wait, hasn't it been 2 years since part 1? Isn't Denji 18 now?

Janissary Hop
Sep 2, 2012

I'm hoping there's more explanation for why dudes lined up to go baseball fury on some kid and pointed a fake gun??? at him than just "uh some people have probably figured out your secret identity and want to kill you". I have a harder time accepting this than the latest addition to Denji / CSM's harem of batshit girls.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

I hope they give zero explanation for it ever.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

Das Boo posted:

It's been like a year

edit: Wait no it's a couple of months because Denji had turned 17 the day Power died

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!
Lotta people in here taking Miss Lied About Everything’s word that the gun is fake.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

She's was singing a song that shouldn't even exist yet, she can't be trusted.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

seeing Denji's vacant "jesus christ why me go away" stare every chapter for like 6 chapters in a row now makes my day every single time

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Denji just wanted to eat jam and touch a boob and this is where it's brought him

Giggy
Jan 22, 2010

Das Boo posted:

I'm not sure if it's even been a year since the story began. One of my anime/manga/any media pet peeves -- unreasonably short in-universe time frames.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
I am kind of sad Denji is so beaten down right now. Denji's life sucked when he was missing organs and his only friend was Pochita but he still had some semblance of happiness. Now he is just constantly getting bitchslapped by everyone.

I kind of feel like we need one of those interim chapters where things are just calm and nice for a change of pace. Like when the gang all got dinner together and Himeno through up in Denji's mouth, those were good, calm times.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
It just feels like he's feeling control by way of the weight of society. Is this a problem that can be solved by a lil' ultraviolence? Not really, but he's gonna let it rip and things will work out a little bit.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

uPen posted:

Lotta people in here taking Miss Lied About Everything’s word that the gun is fake.

The thread is very good at not falling for honey traps.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Denji doesn’t seem that happy about this lady being super into Chainsaw Man tbh.

Could this all be Yoshida’s plan to convince Denji that actually getting babes by being Chainsaw Man isn’t that fulfilling in the first place?

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Denji doesn’t seem that happy about this lady being super into Chainsaw Man tbh.

Could this all be Yoshida’s plan to convince Denji that actually getting babes by being Chainsaw Man isn’t that fulfilling in the first place?

I mean he's known this chick for like 3 hours and she's touched his wiener suddenly, made him suck on a devils corpse for sex, then brought him to karaoke, seemingly let him be attacked by a bunch of dudes with baseball bats, got outed as a public safety agent, then said she was still into him.

Dude's just sick of getting jerked around.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

That means the plan is working

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular

SyntheticPolygon posted:

That means the plan is working

Yeah honestly, if Yoshida's whole plan was exactly as he described it -- to disincentivize Denji from the entire concept of being Chainsaw Man, Celebrity -- we should consider that he's been more wildly successful than we previously gave him credit for

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Reze was notably into Denji, not Chainsaw Man. There's a difference there.

This is going to turn into a fine treatise on masculine worth errantly being rooted in utility and I'm for it.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

MorningMoon posted:

All the big players are setting up their next moves and they're all stupid

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking
quanxi, show yourself

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Big Leg posted:

quanxi, show yourself

She and Reze are busy making wedding plans.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

CharlestonJew posted:

Yoshida was never competent, he's 16 and comes up with terrible ideas because he has no idea what he's doing and no one is helping this poor kid because everyone else at public safety is even more incompetent.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

SirKibbles posted:

It's been like a year

edit: Wait no it's a couple of months because Denji had turned 17 the day Power died

Huh, I thought it was 6 months to eat Makima, a couple more for Nayuta to show up, then a few more for her and Denji to settle into their new life. Ah, well. Stand corrected.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

I seriously have no idea what people itt are seeing that gives them the impression that Yoshida is a drooling imbecile. His current plan seems to be...working? just fine? Hell, even his last plan wasn't a complete failure, since Denji was pretty clearly shaken by the threat at least a little bit.

Not to mention that his faction seems to have Asa and the Chainsaw Man cult wrapped around their little finger.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Yoshida was never competent, he's 16 and comes up with terrible ideas because he has no idea what he's doing and no one is helping this poor kid because everyone else at public safety is even more incompetent.

Yoshida is very competent within his specialties. He's great at violence, and at looking like he knows what he's doing. Considering how gutted Public Safety was at the end of part 1, that's enough skill to get some promotions in a hurry.

Actually juggling all the crazy bullshit going on right now, well, that seems less in his lane (for example, he sent Nayuta easily mind-controlled mooks, throwing his plans off track for a bit), but to be fair, everyone he's trying to deal with is insane, a being of apocalyptic power, or both.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Yoshida's plan is complex and psychological, Denji's solutions are usually inelegant and messy. When he took away Denji's cutlery, Denji ate with his hands. I feel like that same thing is going to happen again now that Yoshida is messing with him, unless he learned his lesson

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

Big Leg posted:

quanxi, show yourself

yeah, shes my favorite too