Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Lt. Danger
Dec 22, 2006

jolly good chaps we sure showed the hun

what if, instead of dice rolls, we used some kind of advanced calculating machine that can simulate a fantasy world and the creatures therein to resolve our choices

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Lt. Danger posted:

what if, instead of dice rolls, we used some kind of advanced calculating machine that can simulate a fantasy world and the creatures therein to resolve our choices

That's the future, with lovely AI-generated NPC dialogue.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

BG3 has karmic dice turned on by default, I've heard conflicting things about how it works but what I was told was that it applies to you and the npcs and will start throwing successes if there are too many failures in a row and vice versa

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Mr Hootington posted:

I put in 5 hours of FF16 over the weekend. I'm in the transition between the Twinside confrontation and whatever comes next. I try to play this when I have a block of time longer than an hour available. I've talked about the game before and how I think it is my GotY at the moment.

3 games I currently have on my Sony wishlist are Forspoken, Spider-Man 2, and God of War: Ragnarök. I'm waiting for God of War and Forspoken to drop below $30 when on sale.

I am hype for spider-man 2. I've been debating buying it on release or waiting for a sale. The $70 price tags always make me hesitate. I wish it had a coop mode, but it looks to be single-player. Kraven looks good.

A phone game I play when waiting somewhere is Merge Survival.
Merge Survival : Wasteland:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6VNpPX8PtQ
It is just a stupid little merge game that caught my eye and doesn't take a lot of time. It is like a fidget toy. I do enjoy it though.

Hopefully this is what Seb wanted, but I do think it is a gotcha admin challenge. If I'm right it was fun posting with most of you. You can find me on discord. 👋

challenge accomplished ty hoots, back to fortnite :colbert:

i just got that merge game i'm gonna merge the dog

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023
I'm going to be sad if BG3 doesn't have a dramatic moment or two that switches to the real time choice thing like Disco Elysium did, that poo poo was mindblowing and the mechanic needs a bigger audience

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

The Chad Jihad posted:

BG3 has karmic dice turned on by default, I've heard conflicting things about how it works but what I was told was that it applies to you and the npcs and will start throwing successes if there are too many failures in a row and vice versa

it's dumb and you should turn it off immediately

make sure you're also clicking the "add bonus" button on the roll screen so you can have skills like the guidance cantrip cast on you to further boost your chances

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

karmic dice effectively punishes you for being too good at a skill wtf

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!

Buck Wildman posted:

karmic dice effectively punishes you for being too good at a skill wtf

skill issue

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

yes, ironically enough

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Oh I didn't realise it had karmic dice, gently caress that

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

for every four traps you disarm one is guaranteed to blow up in your face. you know, to keep things fair

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
i had no idea that system exists and it explains some low risk rolls ive completely blown

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

DaysBefore posted:

Oh I didn't realise it had karmic dice, gently caress that

you turn them off, it's baffling the default option is to have them on, rare misstep from the belgians

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

sebmojo posted:

you turn them off, it's baffling the default option is to have them on, rare misstep from the belgians

Congolese genocide and karmic dice (default on)

Lt. Danger
Dec 22, 2006

jolly good chaps we sure showed the hun

they should do an RPG where instead of dice you use a deck of cards that you have to cycle through completely and you have to choose when to eat a natural 1 on a skill check

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Lt. Danger posted:

they should do an RPG where instead of dice you use a deck of cards that you have to cycle through completely and you have to choose when to eat a natural 1 on a skill check

last night i burnt four inspiration re-rolls to make a baby owlbear walk through a door

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

fosborb posted:

Congolese genocide, Dutroux and karmic dice (default on)

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

sebmojo posted:

challenge accomplished ty hoots, back to fortnite :colbert:

i just got that merge game i'm gonna merge the dog

Enjoy that game.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I like that they seemingly made the web swinging a lot faster in the new spiderman game, I want spidey to be able to go flying over buildings in a single jump like in the ps2 days

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

sebmojo posted:

last night i burnt four inspiration re-rolls to make a baby owlbear walk through a door

I fried half of mine to get through that necronomicon and get free speak with dead (which is hilarious)

Whirling
Feb 23, 2023

Enter the Gungeon on sale for five bucks on steam, good game.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Buck Wildman posted:

I fried half of mine to get through that necronomicon and get free speak with dead (which is hilarious)

I made it through those checks and didn’t get speak with dead wtf

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

RandolphCarter posted:

it was a scroll i think

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

RandolphCarter posted:

you need to cast it legit one time and then it lets you recast it for free forever. there's an amulet that give you a once daily casting of it to get the ball rolling

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

fosborb posted:

Congolese genocide and karmic dice (default on)

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Augus posted:

I like that they seemingly made the web swinging a lot faster in the new spiderman game, I want spidey to be able to go flying over buildings in a single jump like in the ps2 days

You could already do that by just spamming web zip.

Edit: Oh right, I forgot they added the move where he literally springboard jumps over the building https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUtXh9WA_nc&t=158s

Lostconfused has issued a correction as of 22:34 on Aug 8, 2023

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Lostconfused posted:

You could already do that by just spamming web zip.

that’s slower and less cool

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Lt. Danger posted:

it's not out yet and idk much about it besides "uses cards" and "disco elysium inspired" and "you play as a minotaur" but https://store.steampowered.com/app/1674920/Sovereign_Syndicate/

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Augus posted:

that’s slower and less cool

Somebody didn't watch the video.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Lostconfused posted:

Somebody didn't watch the video.

spiderman 2 for the ps2 is right there in that video you can see how much faster it is

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Yes I know it's there, that's why I posted that.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

instead of playing the spiderman game im goong to put on the helmet and become spiderman with a gun in Resist

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Got me and all my friends to turn off karmic dice and now theyr blaming me for every miss. How could you do this to me thread

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

The cod 2021 game was free on psn recently and it's baffling that this poo poo makes money. Looks like poo poo, boring to play, takes like a minute+ to get into a game which tops out at teams of 6 for objective maps, and they're still using the same assets from 13 years ago. I suppose it's fitting for a game that champions neoliberalism

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
cspam on top bay bay :amerikkka:

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

err posted:

cspam on top bay bay :amerikkka:

hell yeah, other games got a grip on my nuts rn but i cant wait to clan it up

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Hatebag posted:

The cod 2021 game was free on psn recently and it's baffling that this poo poo makes money. Looks like poo poo, boring to play, takes like a minute+ to get into a game which tops out at teams of 6 for objective maps, and they're still using the same assets from 13 years ago. I suppose it's fitting for a game that champions neoliberalism

Vanguard? Yeah it was hated if I remember right.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
I love playing a tank in games but I cannot keep aggro in XC3 unless I’m the only defender. the other one always pulls aggro from me within like 10 seconds and I can't get it back unless they die or interlink

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

theres an xcom3??????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Mr Hootington posted:

Vanguard? Yeah it was hated if I remember right.

No, black oops cold war. Though presumably they're all the same type of dogshit