Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

hatty posted:

'tis break week is it not?

yup

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
delete

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Yo remember that one time when Luffy punched Don Kreig through the spike cape? It bangs off da chain and will always be one of my favorite moments for how metal it was :black101:

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

That’s the moment that sold me on the manga

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

All the weapons in the world are no match for a man with GRIT

Red Perchiyama
Jul 23, 2017
My one piece origins were the anime dub up through the start of Skypeia while it was on Foxbox and Toonami, then being vaguely aware of it for years later before jumping into the manga properly right in the middle of Dressrosa. I forget exactly when but it was right about the time of the Colosseum fights.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I think I picked up the manga right at the finale of Luffy/Lucci, and then to go into Thriller Bark there was no way in hell I was dropping this series. Luffy stopping zombies from getting out of the dirt had me in stitches.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

I watched a top 10 anime fights video while extremely stoned and the rest is history.

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs
I started reading the manga a bit after they started releasing translated physical volumes in my country and kept up until... Skypiea? I think? Then I caught up with the anime multiple times along the years, and got into reading the manga weekly during wano. Crazy that it's been like 20 years since I started.

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012
I think I had started reading properly into Thriller Bark, after being anime only for a long time and not knowing where to read the manga.

I love the Strawhat combos during that arc and I miss that no enemy will ever be powerful enough to necessitate that kind of whole crew tag team again.

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs
Have you ever thought about how much weight the D carries? Calling your protagonist just Monkey Luffy would be ridiculous.

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Open up your Dethday present
It's a box of fucking nothing

Exciting Lemon

White Light posted:

Yo remember that one time when Luffy punched Don Kreig through the spike cape? It bangs off da chain and will always be one of my favorite moments for how metal it was :black101:

:hellyeah:

Wii Spawn Camper posted:

That’s the moment that sold me on the manga

Sub Harrison posted:

All the weapons in the world are no match for a man with GRIT

I started reading caught up scanlations back in 2004 or 2005 I think. It's been a good ride across many bad translations until today. You younglings don't know how good you have it

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

White Light posted:

Yeah that was so loving cool and also really showed why Luffy had the right mindset for the Grand Line where a guy like Kreig absolutely did not.

Malah
May 18, 2015

I caught up during ... I want to say Impel Down? Yeah, I never stood a loving chance.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
another break after the next chapter :(

apparently its because of the live action series

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Unforgivable

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
ok I hate the live action series now

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Thread title wrong

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

One Piece: The hiatus is over. Break next week.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Masterful gambit by WSJ to have Oda take a month break right before a run of four additional breaks. Nice buffer in place in the event the surgeons accidentally melted his corneas or whatever.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

DizzyBum posted:

One Piece: The hiatus is over. Break next week.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
At least the anime is interesting this month :smith:

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Isnt this more or less a biweekly manga at this point? Not a bitch I'm just surprised anyone even processes breaks at this point.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

No Wave posted:

Isnt this more or less a biweekly manga at this point? Not a bitch I'm just surprised anyone even processes breaks at this point.

itll probably get back to regular schedule once the live action show releases, but honestly if oda wanted to do biweekly to actually, you know, live, thats cool by me

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

anime was right posted:

another break after the next chapter :(

apparently its because of the live action series
Why, exactly. They already made it??

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Maybe Oda's going to LA.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

Yeah that was so loving cool and also really showed why Luffy had the right mindset for the Grand Line where a guy like Kreig absolutely did not.

This face makes me laugh my rear end off every single time without fail

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

The schedule says there's a glorious rest of the year with months of three-straight-chapter months... but we'll see.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

junan_paalla posted:

Have you ever thought about how much weight the D carries? Calling your protagonist just Monkey Luffy would be ridiculous.

Saying the names from a Western perspective is funny. Luffy D Monkey, Garp D Monkey. Dragon D Monkey.....Dragon just sounds like a euphemism.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Realtalk, Oda's health is more important than One Piece finishing sooner. I'm glad he takes more frequent breaks nowadays.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
yea i support whatever oda wants and is best for him.

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

DizzyBum posted:

Realtalk, Oda's health is more important than One Piece finishing sooner. I'm glad he takes more frequent breaks nowadays.

Yeah I hope he gets as many breaks as he wants/needs.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

DizzyBum posted:

OK, but he has to start Two Piece after he finishes One Piece

Want to see the story of Qonkey E Duffy

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
howsabout i BREAK his legs so he has to stay inside drawing one piece!!

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Can't believe our leftist king Oda is going to cross the picket line and promote a new Netflix program

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Infinitum posted:

OK, but he has to start Two Piece after he finishes One Piece

Want to see the story of Qonkey E Duffy

Honkey D Goofy, defining trait: cant dance

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
One Piece again, except this time the main character is a L-A-D-Y.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

One Piece again, except this time the main character is a L-A-D-Y.

Instead of a bunch of busty women, it is one goofy girl surrounded by men with absolutely ABSURD pecs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

Instead of a bunch of busty women, it is one goofy girl surrounded by men with absolutely ABSURD pecs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jnlba6tWuDk