Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
I clicked on the "politics" tab of Justin Jackson's Wikipedia page with trepidation but was pleasantly surprised. Hope the dudes ok.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Justin Jackson getting in twitter fights with like Neera Tanden was peak late '10s internet

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
Feel like Addison made one catch and KoC was like "OK that's enough of you" (as in: "maybe im showing too much in pre-season" ).

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...
His sideline catch was beautiful and also very much in bounds.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

ghosthorse posted:

His sideline catch was beautiful and also very much in bounds.

I only saw a gif of the catch was it called incomplete?

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Shaun Hill posts a while back brought up this memory

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OouZ1ScKHi8&pp=ygUTQ2FsdmluIGpvaG5zb24gcnVsZQ%3D%3D

I can’t believe this was ever controversial. The NFL hates the Lions.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

He never completed the catch. You can see the ball clearly come out as he goes to the ground

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

GNU Order posted:

He never completed the catch. You can see the ball clearly come out as he goes to the ground

I am going to commit violence against your person

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

He should have completed the catch instead of celebrating, Barry Sanders must have been incredibly disappointed in him

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

Dr. Lunchables posted:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OouZ1ScKHi8&pp=ygUTQ2FsdmluIGpvaG5zb24gcnVsZQ%3D%3D

The ball did come loose. Even if it is a play that happens this year it would still not be a TD. Look at Jamarr Chase's incomplete TD catch against buffalo in the playoffs. That one didnt even touch the ground.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

I'll make allowances for Bears fans, but if you're a neutral observer and you don't think that's a catch you are a certified grade-A herb who should be stuffed into the nearest locker

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
As a neutral observer it looks like he loses control of the ball and just slams it to the ground while shifting it to the other side

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Lions sign Kalif Raymond to a two year extension.

https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/1690044583198044173?s=46&t=GxZoSKgPzb_-zyUnvLFKvg

Gonz fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Aug 11, 2023

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Metapod posted:

As a neutral observer it looks like he loses control of the ball and just slams it to the ground while shifting it to the other side

Welcome to Bears fandom!

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.
There's a fun alt history where if the Lions win that game and nothing else changes, the Packers take the Bears #2 seed in the playoffs, the Bears make the run as the #6 seed and win the Super Bowl.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

For our friends who aren't joining us in the GDT: https://twitter.com/packers/status/1690142889223856128

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Dr. Lunchables posted:

Didn't this play get the rule changed and then the next year like the exact same play for it changed again.
What I'm saying is bears make rules

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

SKULL.GIF posted:

For our friends who aren't joining us in the GDT: https://twitter.com/packers/status/1690142889223856128

It's not a game, it's an exhibition match. It should be the EDT.
Because I want them to EDiT themselves out

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Big Hitter Branch

https://twitter.com/nfl/status/1690141713178984448?s=46&t=GxZoSKgPzb_-zyUnvLFKvg

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I think I'm starting to get more worried that the young Packers receivers are really good than I am about Love

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

xbilkis posted:

I think I'm starting to get more worried that the young Packers receivers are really good than I am about Love

They are...and Love is very good too

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
lol thank God the Lions signed Bridgewater.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

MJeff posted:

lol thank God the Lions signed Bridgewater.

And from all accounts Martinez is even worse. gg

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
Okay, pretty happy with how Love looked!

- As far I could tell, all of the reads were decent-to-good.
- Wasn't afraid to take deep shots.
- Wasn't fixated on a single receiver.
- 70% completion rate, with the three incompletions being a batted pass, a deflection from a safety, and an overthrow. The last one was definitely Love's fault, but the first two were good plays by defenders (although possibly also avoidable).
- Nice throw on the touchdown.

It's a small sample size, it's the preseason, and he faced very little pressure (which has been a major problem for him in the past). So, major caveats abound! Still, I feared total disaster so I'll take it.

Side note, obviously Watson had a red-hot second half of the season and Doubs was decent as a rookie too. If Reed and one of the new tight ends pan out too, we could have a pretty deep receiving corps in a couple of years. We'll see!

edit: I think Toure is a preseason guy and not going to pan out, but hey, shout-out to Wicks too for a couple of big plays. Also Clifford for not being the complete clusterfuck I expected, hilarious pick-six aside.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Carrington Valentine is this year's preseason superstar.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
Toure had a few nice plays in the regular season last year too so who knows. Seems like they got a nice collection of deep guys so at least I’d Love is garbage, they should at least be able to run and just say gently caress it and do PA bombs.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKULL.GIF posted:

Carrington Valentine is this year's preseason superstar.

Pretty good

https://twitter.com/WesHod/status/1690169132434542592?t=L0kLs-Upd1QSYx9SNYZMpQ&s=19

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

I think the Calvin Johnson catch took 8 years to be overturned and ruled a catch. The play ended when his second foot hit the ground.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
Always nice when the camp guy like Valentine doesn’t disappear in preseason games. The only thing I don’t like about him is he often plays with Balentine and it’s god drat confusing.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.

Hand Row posted:

Always nice when the camp guy like Valentine doesn’t disappear in preseason games. The only thing I don’t like about him is he often plays with Balentine and it’s god drat confusing.

Conversely, Sean Rhyan was a training camp superstar and has looked kind of terrible tonight.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

surf rock posted:

Conversely, Sean Rhyan was a training camp superstar and has looked kind of terrible tonight.

Right?! Although I think Rhyan is less camp superstar and more got some “hype” because he wasn’t complete garbage against camp fodder in 1 on 1s.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

If he was on the bubble before, I think tonight's game secured him a spot on the 53. (Barring, obviously, him stinking it up the next 3 weeks.) No way the Packers can sneak him onto the practice squad without another team snapping him up.

Wollawolla
Jan 15, 2007

Are you gonna smash my skull and breathe my blood-mist?
Anders Carlson is not very good.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Wollawolla posted:

Anders Carlson is not very good.

I don't understand how he hit all his FGs but missed two XP.

Might just need time but yikes.

SKULL.GIF fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Aug 12, 2023

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I figured J. Okwara was gonna be a cut this year, but just when you think its over he flashes. Hell of a game.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam
Mason is still available...

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."

Danny LaFever posted:

I figured J. Okwara was gonna be a cut this year, but just when you think its over he flashes. Hell of a game.

Probably speaks more to the quality of the giants backups, but the whole line was collapsing them in the second half.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

https://twitter.com/zachkruse2/status/1690191219744178176?t=rscpKMAsDdrXT3H_HofJXg&s=19

Not good. Special teams leader and a good blocking TE.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Calvin Johnson didn’t catch it because if he did then that means Dez Bryant also caught it and that’s just not acceptable. gently caress the Cowboys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

One can be true while the cowboys also drown in piss.