Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I’ve grown to be less angry about the Calvin catch and more angry about that phantom DPI call against the Lions late in that wildcard game against Dallas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

No better time to post the video than the preseason

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Gonz posted:

I’ve grown to be less angry about the Calvin catch and more angry about that phantom DPI call against the Lions late in that wildcard game against Dallas.

Those two + the Jim Schwartz challenge flag on Thanksgiving + the clock having to run out because the refs made a mistake are my Mount Rushmore of pain

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Hot Diggity! posted:

They are...and Love is very good too

Mitch was great at times in the preseason too.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Jim Schwartz ruled and I'm glad Dan Campbell is continuing his spirit of "Well, gently caress YOU, MOTHERFUCKER"

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the lions went to the sb at 6-11 in my madden. i thought you should know

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

there is 100% nothing good that can come from fields playing today.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

SourKraut posted:

Mitch was great at times in the preseason too.

To be fair Love also looked great in a real game versus the eagles and the Eagles were up by just enough they still had to try.

Defense got shattered in that game though

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Henchman of Santa posted:

Those two + the Jim Schwartz challenge flag on Thanksgiving + the clock having to run out because the refs made a mistake are my Mount Rushmore of pain

That loving Falcons game got Jim Caldwell fired too. Lions woulda made the playoffs with that win.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Tyson Bagent quarters soon

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

:sickos:

https://twitter.com/zachkruse2/status/1690392885852594176

I'm excited for this season, but in a very different way than I was excited for the back nine on Rodgers's career. There's barely any expectations and a fuckton of potential -- that's a very different feeling than expecting 12 wins and a trip to the conference championship or else it's another wasted season.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Bears took Stenberg for some reason.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Danny LaFever posted:

Bears took Stenberg for some reason.

I was gonna say "he had a great season in the USFL" then I realized you didn't misspell his name.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Thinking of heading to Vikings training camp tomorrow. That's it.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

SKULL.GIF posted:

:sickos:

https://twitter.com/zachkruse2/status/1690392885852594176

I'm excited for this season, but in a very different way than I was excited for the back nine on Rodgers's career. There's barely any expectations and a fuckton of potential -- that's a very different feeling than expecting 12 wins and a trip to the conference championship or else it's another wasted season.

I wish I saved the tweet because I can’t remember the name of the old lovely qb, but he broke down the play where Love missed a wide open Musgrave. It’s a great breakdown and Musgrave was actually wide open because Love had looked off the zone linebacker enough where that guy went the wrong way. Love just overdid it too much and couldn’t make an accurate throw across his body as he faced the other direction.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Hand Row posted:

I wish I saved the tweet because I can’t remember the name of the old lovely qb, but he broke down the play where Love missed a wide open Musgrave. It’s a great breakdown and Musgrave was actually wide open because Love had looked off the zone linebacker enough where that guy went the wrong way. Love just overdid it too much and couldn’t make an accurate throw across his body as he faced the other direction.

Was it Dan?

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
Yep that’s it, thanks

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023
Bears game is on 1000 instead of 780. Weird change

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Kyler Gordon has decided that he cannot cover so instead he's going to leave them wide open and just lay them out and hope they drop it. 50/50

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Perhaps you need to... reverse... his polarity? Hack? Do some hacking?

trevorreznik posted:

Bears game is on 1000 instead of 780. Weird change

It will be on ESPN 1000 for the entire season since 780 didn't renew their rights.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
What would y'all put the odds of Love's potential outcomes at? We've seen a couple of spot starts and several preseason games over the past couple of years, so I feel like we have a bit of information to work off of.

- 10% odds of becoming a terrible bust (wash out of the league)
- 30% odds of becoming a normal bust (career as backup)
- 25% odds of becoming a disappointing starter (below-average)
- 15% odds of becoming an okay starter (average)
- 10% odds of becoming a good starter (above-average)
- 5% odds of becoming an elite starter (top-8)
- 5% odds of injury-ruined career (true for basically every player)

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023
DJ Moore is gonna have 2000 yards and 20 tds

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019
Lol dj moore. This is gonna be a fun season.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Justin Fields was not murdered. Game a success. Pull them all

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023
Jeff joniak insisting that as good as dj Moore is it's more important to get the fullback involved in the passing game

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

trevorreznik posted:

Jeff joniak insisting that as good as dj Moore is it's more important to get the fullback involved in the passing game

He's right. Just imagine how much more satisfying that TD would have been if it was a screen behind the fullback

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Fields still threw it 2 feet behind him on a WR swing, glad Moore has experience with bad QBs

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Bears are so loving back.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Maybe the Titans just can’t defend screens

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/jacobinfante24/status/1690414602671013888

Dexo fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Aug 12, 2023

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019
We are never gonna see a redzone offense at this rate.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/kfishbain/status/1690417700676198401

disregard the air yards lol

https://twitter.com/kfishbain/status/1690418426060177409

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Fields isn't just going to have the first 4k passing yard season in Bears history, he's going to have the first 4k YAC season in NFL history

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Velus jones still loving sucks at taking punts.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Vallus Jones sucks

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019
Fuckin Velus. You have one job. Do you not want to be on the team?

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019
Velus saved by the defense.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Can I call him a bust yet or will the vallus Jones truthers still assemble

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

HootTheOwl posted:

The 26 y/o second year player? Yes. You'd think he might have more wisdom entering the league at his age. Seemingly not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

HootTheOwl posted:

There are Velus Jones struthers? Pretty sure most of us just hoped maybe he'd develop