Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

cough cough poo poo initial translation:

https://imgur.com/a/p4qT1o5

cough cough

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

(chapter spoilers)

Yeesssssss

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

CatstropheWaitress posted:

cough cough

Guess they gotta go pay their respects to Kidd's watery grave. Maybe even get into a fight with Shanks.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
great chapter

is sentomaru using the light touching gloves to defend against kizaru? everyone underestimating lucci whoops

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Great chapter, can't wait to read it twice more.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Killing off Shaka and Pythagoras makes me think none of the Vegapunks will be getting out of this alive.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Honestly that translation read better than opscans at least

notwithyourheart
Dec 27, 2013

lih posted:

great chapter

is sentomaru using the light touching gloves to defend against kizaru? everyone underestimating lucci whoops

it looks like he's bare-handed, so i'm gonna guess it's just haki. since he was introduced sentomaru has displayed a specialty in armament haki, so he should be able to block kizaru without physically touching him

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

Do we know how Robin got so messed up? And Kaku I guess whatever. I need to read this whole arc all over again because between the perspective shifts, the breaks, and the heavy exposition, it's all gotten a bit muddled.

Also rip Lilith shouldn't have said your death flag out loud.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
Huh, I wasn't expecting Kizaru to harbor reservations about the assault, especially regarding Sentomaru. I always thought he'd be the most cold-hearted of the admirals.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

RuBisCO posted:

Do we know how Robin got so messed up? And Kaku I guess whatever. I need to read this whole arc all over again because between the perspective shifts, the breaks, and the heavy exposition, it's all gotten a bit muddled.

we do not know the specifics. Just they got injured fighting seraphim. Kaku apparently 2v1d them, so it was probably s-hawk and s-bear. Oda is probably gonna slowly show what happened in flashback when the specifics are relevant to know

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

cough cough
The translation... is decent! I have no regrets reading this early scan.

As for the chapter- Lots of good moments! I liked how Nami got violent after York mentioned Ohara, and then there's just a small panel of Robin smiling to explain what exactly set Nami off.

RuBisCO posted:

There's a big chunk of the action we just didn't get to see. We might flash back to it, but it looks like we're just moving on for now. Robin's injuries, why Bonnie decided to forgive Vegapunk, how they overcame those flames that made the seraphim impervious are among the issues I think require some explanation.

Lamebot posted:

Huh, I wasn't expecting Kizaru to harbor reservations about the assault, especially regarding Sentomaru. I always thought he'd be the most cold-hearted of the admirals.
That's one issue where I'd like to see another translation to be sure, but it seems like he's arguing that it's not just his duty, but a tactical necessity to take out Sentomaru. How exactly he states this is going to be really interesting 'cause, yeah, he sounds way more principled than I would have imagined. He just casually told a Gorosei tough luck, he was going to do his own thing, when Saturn asked him to ignore it.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

Bonney fawning over Sanji being able to fight and cook is the kind of attention I'm okay with Sanji getting.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

mabels big day posted:

we do not know the specifics. Just they got injured fighting seraphim. Kaku apparently 2v1d them, so it was probably s-hawk and s-bear. Oda is probably gonna slowly show what happened in flashback when the specifics are relevant to know

Oda is not ready to reveal the true power of giraffes.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
good ch

elbaf!!! im so loving excited omg

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

made the mistake of clicking on a OP facebook post a year ago and now all my ads are poo poo like this

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Robviously posted:

Bonney fawning over Sanji being able to fight and cook is the kind of attention I'm okay with Sanji getting.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

good ch!

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

cough cough

Good Enough (tm)

:getin: :hellyeah: WE GOIN' TO ELBAF BITCHEEEESSSS :hellyeah: :getin:

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."
Huh, I gotta admit I didn't see Kizaru caring about others even a little, hopefully we get some more info on him, he's always been my favorite Admiral.

admin edit: Put in spoilers

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Not my theory, but they seem to be hinting at Franky getting an upgrade to his cola powers. Remember the green juice VP mentioned that could be used to synthesize devil fruit powers for a short time? Mountain Dew Franky, baby..

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Kizaru's been basically a huge cipher for years, good to get some outline of his character that isn't "vaguely stoned on the job".

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Kart Barfunkel posted:

Not my theory, but they seem to be hinting at Franky getting an upgrade to his cola powers. Remember the green juice VP mentioned that could be used to synthesize devil fruit powers for a short time? Mountain Dew Franky, baby..

Franky and Vegapunk will collaborate to make a Mother Flame that produces limitless cola instead of limitless energy.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

RatHat posted:

Killing off Shaka and Pythagoras makes me think none of the Vegapunks will be getting out of this alive.

No, this time the character introduced this arc with the large breasts will join the crew. I believe. #LlithSweep

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
can i get some scans that dont look like 60 dpi jpegs

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

People talk about Pudding but lmao I think Bonney would be the perfect ship for Sanji

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
So yeah TCB Scans isn't releasing their version until Wednesday. So you can either read the Arabic to English translation posted above or the OPScans version.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Julias posted:

So yeah TCB Scans isn't releasing their version until Wednesday. So you can either read the Arabic to English translation posted above or the OPScans version.

i will read all three

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Julias posted:

How about a link to the latter then?

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

It's not out yet

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Edit: Nevermind

Larryb fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Aug 13, 2023

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Larryb posted:

How about a link to the latter then?

https://opscans.com/one-piece-chapter-1090/

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
The new ep is better than the last ep

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

hatty posted:

holy loving poo poo

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

made the mistake of clicking on a OP facebook post a year ago and now all my ads are poo poo like this

You didn't need to share this.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

hatty posted:

god drat

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
https://www.crunchyroll.com/watch/G9DUEG38Z/the-ridiculous-power-gear-five-in-full-play

not being hyperbolic when i say this is the best episode of one piece in over a decade

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I love the looney tunes rear end music they used for the beginning sequence. The whole thing had me smiling nonstop.