Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

cr0y posted:

I was just about to post that, they're currently scanning in all of those hard copies and digitizing them which is what everyone is waiting for.

Georgia has never heard of pdfs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Oracle posted:

These are all very old people. They are going to do this in the most inefficient way possible.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

Doesn't half the government still run on FORTRAN or some poo poo? I'm surprised they don't have to retype everything into the system.

Ulta
Oct 3, 2006

Snail on my head ready to go.

cr0y posted:

Here's the doc

Interested how this will line up now. 13 charges for 10 people?

E: this is the weird leaked thing from the afternoon

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

Robviously posted:

Doesn't half the government still run on FORTRAN or some poo poo? I'm surprised they don't have to retype everything into the system.

Fortran is mostly used for number crunching. Think simulations on supercomputers, NASA, DOE, etc.

Ulta
Oct 3, 2006

There’s actually significant money for contractors who do Fortran on government systems because

1. No one knows it
2. The people who know it don’t want to because the code based are old and terrible

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Ulta posted:

Interested how this will line up now. 13 charges for 10 people?

E: this is the weird leaked thing from the afternoon

If that was just a rough draft or not a complete document then those 13 charges are for just Trump based on how the document is laid out from what I can tell.

Charges
Trump, Douchebag

Chuds, McKenzie

Or that is just Trump's charges, because you can tell that's a two-page document based on the page count in the footer

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
I think you’re talking about COBOL or something because Fortran isn’t some obscure programming language that nobody knows lol. Every single grad student who does work in HPC, CFD, FEA, scientific computing, etc, have all used and/or coded in Fortran at some point or another. And if they haven’t used Fortran, guaranteed that they’ve used plain C, which is close enough.

E: like seriously if you walk into any university graduate office for physics or engineering and ask “can anyone help me with Fortran” there’s gonna be multiple people in each office who can.

Boris Galerkin fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Aug 15, 2023

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
I was gonna have a drink every time Trump got indicted but I don't think my liver can handle it

Ulta
Oct 3, 2006

Boris Galerkin posted:

I think you’re talking about COBOL or something because Fortran isn’t some obscure programming language that nobody knows lol. Every single grad student who does work in HPC, CFD, FEA, scientific computing, etc, have all used and/or coded in Fortran at some point or another. And if they haven’t used Fortran, guaranteed that they’ve used plain C, which is close enough.

Yah you’re correct, I was thinking COBOL. That and Ada (which has some uses but is impossible to hire for since all these kids today with their websites and apps.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

Oracle posted:

You make pdfs by printing out a word document and scanning it back in :v:

Uglycat
Dec 4, 2000
MORE INDISPUTABLE PROOF I AM BAD AT POSTING
---------------->
Seems like the broadcast networks arent giving this 'breaking news" status. If this were the first indictment the national news teams would be breaking live, breathless.

They'll mention it tomorrow, in hourly news roundups, after a more significant lede.

Trump is boring, low energy, sad

E:

there's a writers strike, the networks are running reality tv and reruns, desperate for content.

Nbcnewsdotcom is covering this breathlessly

My nbc affiliate is showing 'the weakest link'

Uglycat fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Aug 15, 2023

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

Uglycat posted:

Seems like the broadcast networks arent giving this 'breaking news" status. If this were the first indictment the national news teams would be breaking live, breathless.

They'll mention it tomorrow, in hourly news roundups, after a more significant lede.

Trump is boring, low energy, sad

I think it’s because there’s been no official announcement yet? There’s that picture posted above but CNN says everything is still sealed so it might as well be hearsay at this point.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Yeah there isn't anything technically to report on yet. There's definitely another indictment involving Trump and some number of other people but we no idea what the charges are or any other interesting details until the indictments actually are actually public.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Merry indictmas, everybody

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

CapnAndy posted:

Merry indictmas, everybody

Much like attending midnight mass, the glory hallelujahing will occur long after everyone’s ready for bed and we only get to open one present before morning.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.
https://twitter.com/TamarHallerman/status/1691281979033989120

Where's this website? Can public look?

edit:

https://twitter.com/TamarHallerman/status/1691282497110216704

13 felony charges on Trump. Maybe the same from the leak? IANAL but 13 felonies seems bad

Caros
May 14, 2008

Eastman, Sydney Powell. gently caress yeah.

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/kyledcheney/status/1691282057765310465

Caros
May 14, 2008

https://twitter.com/kyledcheney/status/1691282846139166720

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
document is available here

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

4/4

Quick, let's try to get that zoning fight with Mar-a-Lago reopened. He'll never expect it now.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Mark Meadows is nailed in this too, which is a surprise since it seemed like he flipped.

This is in some way more interesting than the DC indictment because they hit just about everyone else in the Trump orbit. This isn't Trump and a bunch of unindicted fellows, it is full mob style RICO.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Holy hell that's a lot of people lol.

And the grand jury didn't vote against ANY of the charges brought. So they have the goods on all of them, God drat.

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

DONALD JOHN TRUMP
RUDOLPH WILLIAM LOUIS GIULIANI
JOHN CHARLES EASTMAN,
MARK RANDALL MEADOWS,
KENNETH JOHN CHIESEBRO,

Caros
May 14, 2008

Cimber posted:

DONALD JOHNTRUMP, RUDOLPHWILLIAM LOUIS GIULIANI, JOHN CHARLES EASTMAN, MARKRANDALLMEADOWS,KENNETHJOHNCI-IESEBRO,JEFFREYBOSSERTCLARK,JENNALYNNELLIS,RAYSTALLINGSSMITHIII,ROBERTDAVIDCHEELEY,MICHAELA.ROMAN,DAVIDJAMESSHAFER, SHAWN MICAH TRESI-IER STILL, STEPHEN CLIFFGARD LEE, HARRISONWILLIAM PRESCOTT FLOYD, TREVIAN C. KUTTI, SIDNEYKATHERINE POWELL, CATHLEENALSTON LATHAM, SCOTT GRAHAMHALL, and MISTYHAMPTON

We didn't start the fire...

SirFozzie
Mar 28, 2004
Goombatta!
The Introduction in the indictment says it all:

INTRODUCTION

Defendant Donald John Trump lost the United States presidential election held on November 3, 2020. One oft he states he lost was Georgia. Trump and the other Defendants charged in this Indictment refused to accept that Trump lost, and they knowingly and willfully joined a conspiracy to unlawfully change the outcome of the election in favor of Trump. That conspiracy contained a common plan and purpose to commit two or more acts of racketeering activity in Fulton County, Georgia, elsewhere in the State of Georgia, and in other states.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Caros posted:

Mark Meadows is nailed in this too, which is a surprise since it seemed like he flipped.

This is in some way more interesting than the DC indictment because they hit just about everyone else in the Trump orbit. This isn't Trump and a bunch of unindicted fellows, it is full mob style RICO.

He might have flipped for the feds but not for Georgia, yet.

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

Caros posted:

We didn't start the fire...

pasting from a PDF was bad.

Guilliani is so screwed.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Oh poo poo Sidney Powel is in there too, is this the first time she'll have to deal with consequences for all this bullshit?

Here: https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/23909543-23sc188947-criminal-indictment

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Paywalled, unfortunately.

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/eorden/status/1691284359494451201

Caros
May 14, 2008

Mercury_Storm posted:

Oh poo poo Sidney Powel is in there too, is this the first time she'll have to deal with consequences for all this bullshit?

That and the dominion lawsuit that will sue her into the shadow realm, yeah.

Most of these aren't too bad. One was a trump speech writer, for example.

Rakeris
Jul 20, 2014

cr0y posted:

Holy hell that's a lot of people lol.

And the grand jury didn't vote against ANY of the charges brought. So they have the goods on all of them, God drat.

Not sure for GA but the grand juries I've been on in other states, the only charges you would see on an indictment would be ones that got enough votes from the GJ. So they (the state) could bring A+B+C charges, but if we only agreed on B so only B would be on the official indictment.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

rico huh

boy they’re not pulling any punches, good for them

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

evilweasel posted:

rico huh

boy they’re not pulling any punches, good for them
Giuliani built his political career as a prosecutor in New York by extensively using (abusing, some said) the RICO laws as a hammer against the mob and even some Wall Street guys. Nice to see the circle close itself like this.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
Excellent!

https://twitter.com/neal_katyal/status/1691285583791087617

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Oracle posted:

Much like attending midnight mass, the glory hallelujahing will occur long after everyone’s ready for bed and we only get to open one present before morning.
But if you stay up late enough, you get to behold a beautiful spectacle.

CapnAndy fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Aug 15, 2023

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
They've got the goods

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1691286101762162688

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

They only did it that way so he'd read it