Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

gradenko_2000 posted:

No this is related to the allegation that they found oil on Titan

there are known processes to convert hydrocarbons to other hydrocarbons. the nazi reference is not incorrect in that they put a lot of time and money into developing production lines to turn coal into synthetic petroleum

99 out of 100 times though when someone brings up "abiotic oil," regardless of where in the universe, what the person really means is "climate change is a hoax and we need more oil extraction and processing not less"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

gradenko_2000 posted:

Does anyone want to wade into the topic of abiotic oil

someone gave me black gold strangehold to read (by swift boat veterans for truth jerome corsi) and that changed my opinion of them for life

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

gradenko_2000 posted:

Does anyone want to wade into the topic of abiotic oil

Why is this coming up today? Anyway, yes. Of course. The Soviets were proponents of the theory and some say that Ukraine sits on an abiotic oil well. Some say

Second Hand Meat Mouth posted:

even if oil does come from abiotic processes, what does that actually change?

It becomes a lot less of a limited resource and it opens up potential for the direction of the process towards sweet, sweet human gain.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

What sci fi book is it where there's some sort of engineered bacteria that turns oil into silica? I thought that was interesting.

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

Don't trust the liberals,
they will betray you

bedpan posted:

there are known processes to convert hydrocarbons to other hydrocarbons. the nazi reference is not incorrect in that they put a lot of time and money into developing production lines to turn coal into synthetic petroleum

99 out of 100 times though when someone brings up "abiotic oil," regardless of where in the universe, what the person really means is "climate change is a hoax and we need more oil extraction and processing not less"

That wouldn't be abiotic though would it. Coal is also just dead plants

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Perry Mason Jar posted:

Why is this coming up today? Anyway, yes. Of course. The Soviets were proponents of the theory and some say that Ukraine sits on an abiotic oil well. Some say

It becomes a lot less of a limited resource and it opens up potential for the direction of the process towards sweet, sweet human gain.

I assumed regardless of the origin it would still be more expensive in terms of energy to produce more oil than what it would output. Except for space oil maybe (long-term).

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Frosted Flake posted:

What sci fi book is it where there's some sort of engineered bacteria that turns oil into silica? I thought that was interesting.

thats from the orlando jones/david duchovny/sean william scott movie Evolution

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
code:
https://twitter.com/DanaDooDah/status/1689121371794595840
RFK Jr., Leah Remini, Epstein, Ghislaine & Scientology: The Bridge to Total Kompromat? 🧵 A brief overview.

Many are familiar with [L Ron] Hubbard’s ties to Jack Parsons & Aleister Crowley. Ghislaine’s sister, Christine, established a deeper connection. Vice: The Occult Rocket Scientist Who Conjured Spirits with L. Ron Hubbard

“Christine is married to the astrophysicist Roger Malina, who is a professor of physics at UTD. His father is Frank Malina, a member of Caltech’s infamous Suicide Squad.”
Dallas Magazine: Jeffrey Epstein Conspiracy Theories and Ghislaine Maxwell’s Dallas Family Tree

Ghislaine’s father, Robert Maxwell, took Scientology courses in the early 1980’s.

What’s RFK Jr. got to do with it? “Occam’s Razor would opine, “If men this powerful allowed themselves to be logged in, how many made sure they weren’t?”

[a photo of Bobby and Mary Kennedy in Epstein's Black Book]

“Lawrence Paul Visoski Jr. worked for Epstein as a pilot from 1991 to 2019. Visoski said he did not recall if Robert Kennedy Jr. flew on Epstein’s plane.”

RFK Jr. at Ghislaine’s home, 2014.

Kennedy, Ethel: Human-rights advocate. Name found in Epstein’s black book. Widow of Robert Kennedy.
Kennedy, Ted: Senator. Name found in Epstein’s black book. Epstein had his home number.
NY Mag: Who Was Jeffrey Epstein Calling? A close study of his circle — social, professional, transactional — reveals a damning portrait of elite New York.

___

“…Kennedy took a position as co-counsel for the law firm Baum Hedlund Aristei & Goldman, which was founded by and continues to be managed by adherents of the Church of Scientology.”

___

web archive link to to the About Us page of the California chapter of the Children's Health Defense organization, which lists RFK Jr. as the Chairman of the Board, and Leigh Dundas, Esq., as the other board member:

“Leigh’s first-hand knowledge of the trafficking problems in southeast Asia – as well as her extensive network in the region – have proven invaluable to the U.S. government.”

[note: the thread accuses/alleges that Dundas is a scientologist - the thread does not go too deep into it, but a quick Google of her credentials establishes this quite quickly]

[I believe this photo is supposed to be of Dundas, speaking at "Clay Clark's Reawaken America Tour", which wikipedia describes as "an American far-right[1][2] and Christian nationalist[3] political protest movement launched in 2021. Its rallies have promoted a variety of right-wing and far-right conspiracy theories, including COVID-19 misinformation, Stop The Steal, and QAnon"]

___

Leah Remini, one of the most well-known “ex” members recently filed a lawsuit against the church. (I question the timing).
Her legal counsel was recently involved in two major Epstein-victim settlements.
Scientology Goes Off On Leah Remini As “Horrible Person” & “Bigot” In Response To Her Harassment Suit – Update

[note: the legal counsel being alluded to here is "Boies Schiller Flexner"]

Danny Masterson’s Rape Retrial Pushed To April Start; TV Cameras Could Be Permitted In Courtroom

quote:

Danny Masterson will be facing a retrial on multiple charges of rape a bit later than initially scheduled.

Thursday’s Masterson hearing at the at the Clara Shortridge Foltz Criminal Justice Center occurred as a pre-sentencing hearing in Harvey Weinstein’s L.A. rape trial was about to start down the hall, and currently incarcerated former Scrubs EP Eric Weinberg was set elsewhere in the building to receive a preliminary hearing date in his multiple sex crimes case. Masterson was not in court in person today.

The trio of Jane Does, all former Scientologists, who testified for days last time, are expected to take the stand again this spring.

While never called as a witness in the first trial by the L.A. County District Attorney’s office due to judicial limitations on what she could and could not testify about, it is widely assumed that former high-profile Scientologist Lisa Marie Presley would have been called for the second trial. Of course, regardless of what the rock scion could or could not have revealed on the inner workings of the David Miscavige-led church in regards to allegations it attempted to cover up claims of rape against Scientologist Masterson, Presley’s death on January 12 makes it a moot point now.

Today’s hearing comes just more than a week after the civil case against Masterson and Scientology saw both sides agree to continue to the stay in that matter as the second criminal trial takes place. However, the Boies Schiller Flexner LLP-represented plaintiffs made clear in a February 1 filing and at a February 7 hearing that it will move for the lifting of the stay later this year regardless of the outcome of the retrial.

[that establishes Boies Schiller Flexner as being the legal counsel involved in cases against Scientology, and then...]

___

For those paying attention to these two cases, it’s quite obvious these settlements were hush money, especially with JPMorgan Chase destroying evidence.

https://www.bsfllp.com/images/content/5/2/v2/5201/2023.06.16-LOW-Reprint-BSF-Lands-290M-Settlement-From-JPMorgan.pdf

[... this link to a PDF is a press release about how Boies Schiller Flexner recently won a 290 million dollar settlement from JPMorgan for Epstein's victims]

[and the "destroying evidence" being referred to here is JPMorgan announced that it had "accidentally" deleted millions of records in June 22, 2023, just a week after that announcement of the Epstein settlement]

I don’t believe in coincidences. We have ties from the deceased king & former queen of blackmail to RFK Jr., the Church of Scientology, as well as the “ex” community - both highly dependent on auditing/blackmail as a form of control & censorship.
Or, maybe it’s a stretch. 🙃

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
four years ago heaven* gained another :angel:

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'
if he only would have talked to somebody, gotten help. a permanent solution to a temporary problem they say

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

Don't trust the liberals,
they will betray you
Saw this guy, Udo Ulfkotte, mentioned in another thread. A German journalist who worked during the cold war right up until 2003. After that he he got politically active with the far right and wrote books about the war on terror and islamification, popular right wing topics in Germany at the time. But his final work was the most interesting.

quote:

Providing details on Western intelligence agencies’ sustain-
ment of extensive networks of journalists into the 21st century for
the purpose of propagating favoured narratives, German journal-
ist Udo Ulfkotte reported in 2016 regarding his own role in such
networks

Not long after that he died of a heart attack on 13 January 2017. Maybe he was just in poor health, but it conveniently stopped him from talking about his recent book and the idea behind it. Also his death happened just 5 months before the translated edition was published for English speakers.

I had never heard of him before but it's well known the CIA used journalists through the cold war to disseminate their propaganda. I'd be interested to read his work and see how he confirms that.

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!
Brian Epstein didn't kill himself

Tungsten
Aug 10, 2004

Your Working Boy

Dokapon Findom posted:

Brian Epstein didn't kill himself

i buried paul

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

but did chris cornell

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
https://twitter.com/DanaDooDah/status/1690915665199104000?s=20

[sighing deeply as I cut a length of yarn]

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

need to hilight "italian-born" in there

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Perry Mason Jar posted:

[sighing deeply as I cut a length of yarn]

"motherfucker..."

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Nigel Dumpster

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

my bony fealty posted:

need to hilight "italian-born" in there

gradenko_2000 posted:

"motherfucker..."

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

just checking in to point out that the main NSA guy (Jon Voight’s character) in Enemy of the State was born on 9/11.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

borgnar
Dec 30, 2018
needs a whole separate pop-out flowchart linking the bush crime family with the clinton crime family, connected by The Arkansas Connection

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!
Losing my mind over the Bush as Clinton’s dad thing :psyduck:

Not really but goddamn that’s a better theory than most

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

https://x.com/sethharpesq/status/1691657408953696349?s=46&t=v69FFc9gmilk6I-vYnAGzw

animist
Aug 28, 2018

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

I'm convinced that all the internet videos about fake airplanes and thermite being planted in the towers were a red herring to distract from the fact that Bush knew the hijackers were funded by members of the Saudi government

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Chamale posted:

I'm convinced that all the internet videos about fake airplanes and thermite being planted in the towers were a red herring to distract from the fact that Bush knew the hijackers were funded by members of the Saudi government

Also that Bush did 9/11

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Bush had Prince Bandar flown out of the country during the grounding of all air traffic that evening & next day.

That's all you really need to know about the whole thing, kinda sums it up.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

so where does alister crowley shidding out barbra pierce fit into all this

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B544fVj1v_s

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

mdemone posted:

Bush had Prince Bandar flown out of the country during the grounding of all air traffic that evening & next day.

That's all you really need to know about the whole thing, kinda sums it up.

"Tim Osman" did it for me

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

bedpan posted:

"Tim Osman" did it for me

who dat, I missed that guy

edit: vvvv pfftttt ahahahahaha vvvvv

mdemone has issued a correction as of 17:23 on Aug 16, 2023

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

mdemone posted:

who dat, I missed that guy

The other man, dressed in Docker's clothing, was not a native Afghan any more than Olberg was. He was a 27-year-old Saudi. Tim Osman (Ossman) has recently become better known as Osama Bin Ladin. "Tim Osman" was the name assigned to him by the CIA for his tour of the U.S. and U.S. military bases, in search of political support and armaments.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
Not Osama "Tim OSSman" Bin Laden 😭

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

for me it was "al qaeda" coming from a literal database western intelligence kept of Mujahideen fighters

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Chamale posted:

Bush knew they were funded by the Saudis and sections of our intelligence apparatus knew significant details of the attack. I remain agnostic on exactly what they knew but it certainly was enough that they could have and should have stopped it but didn't because it was beneficial for them if the attack happened. Bush likely didn't know specifics but possibly knew that his intelligence agencies had been angling for a false flag and that it was in the offing.

The stuff about thermite and controlled demolitions is standard intelligence bullshit where they weave known lies in with facts then use the disproving of the lies as proof that the facts are also lies.

The alternative is that the Saudi and Pakistani intelligence apparatuses, who absolutely knew about it almost certainly down to operational details, intentionally kept any and all knowledge of it secret from their American counterparts and given how much we know they share, that seems exceedingly unlikely.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
Bush hired the Saudis to execute the attack, with some cooperation from his own alphabet agencies. Everything happened otherwise as described.

It was well known in the immediate months and years after the attacks that the Saudis had funded it, at minimum. That's been entirely memory-holed.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

it's been said many times but what a great painting.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Perry Mason Jar posted:

Bush hired the Saudis to execute the attack, with some cooperation from his own alphabet agencies. Everything happened otherwise as described.

It was well known in the immediate months and years after the attacks that the Saudis had funded it, at minimum. That's been entirely memory-holed.

The degree of American funding is, to my mind, basically a moot point given the sheer volume of money we give to Saudi intelligence. Even if there wasn't a line item allocating funds for a hijacking plan, we could reasonably be said to have funded it because of our overall funding we do to foreign intelligence agencies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

is there such a thing as reading about Far West Ltd and its supposed links to 9/11

I've tried to listen to The Farm podcast episodes about it but my eyes just glaze over and and I can't follow it at all. but the subject seems fascinating.