Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Watching Murder on the Blackpool Express and it's like a 6:30 Radio 4 comedy escaped onto tv. Most remarkable thing so far is the program really expects me to hate this woman in a wheelchair for wanting to be able to get places.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Amol Rajan looks tiny in the University Challenge chair

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards
I thought he was great, tbh. Not trying to be Paxman at all. The new set will take a bit of getting used to, though. Great match, too.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!
gently caress that guy, can't watch anything with him in
I still really remember him making a big deal in pointless going "has anyone ever seen any of these shows" and one was Peep Show and got like 80 points

Someone that disconnected from what normal people know should never ever be a newspaper editor

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller
This guy? :barf:

https://www.thepinknews.com/2020/12/21/bbc-media-editor-amol-rajan-jk-rowling-bravery-transgender-essay-transphobia/

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

That's a shame. Didn't know anything about him, really.

edit: it's also a shame how terribly that loving website is laid out

Mickolution fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Jul 18, 2023

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

Mickolution posted:

edit: it's also a shame how terribly that loving website is laid out

lol. Seems like they didn't scale down a huge image of Rowling, so you have to scroll horizontally to read the article

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

101 posted:

lol. Seems like they didn't scale down a huge image of Rowling,

This is assault

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

I am very curious about this little crescendo
He's also got dodgy Russian connections and many think his rise is weird.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
He's too chummy with all the wrong people.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Well I was coming here to say that he looks a bit like Davros when they show him sitting at his desk surrounded by the void, but all of this is much more important.

Volcano
Apr 10, 2008

we're leaving the planet
and you can't come

The Australian version of The Traitors is on iPlayer now. I'm about halfway through and think it's on par with the UK one – definitely better than the US one anyway! There are no existing reality tv slebs on it either, although definitely some people with more outrageous backgrounds, like the (mild ep1 spoilers) guy who was held hostage in Somalia for 400 days or the professional clairvoyant who keeps implicating people because "the spirits told her to"

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Volcano posted:

The Australian version of The Traitors is on iPlayer now. I'm about halfway through and think it's on par with the UK one – definitely better than the US one anyway! There are no existing reality tv slebs on it either, although definitely some people with more outrageous backgrounds, like the (mild ep1 spoilers) guy who was held hostage in Somalia for 400 days or the professional clairvoyant who keeps implicating people because "the spirits told her to"

Just watched the first episode. Some great wankers in it so far.

Volcano
Apr 10, 2008

we're leaving the planet
and you can't come

Mickolution posted:

Just watched the first episode. Some great wankers in it so far.

I finished it the other night! Definitely got better as the season went on – some really nailbiting moments of scheming and backstabbing towards the end.

Unrelated – apparently Channel 4 aired a special tonight called "The British Miracle Meat" in which Gregg Wallace eats some delicious, locally-grown, cost-of-living-crisis-appropriate human meat, harvested from sad children. This is a joke but a lot of people do not seem to have realised this.

Twitter has taken this about as well as you might expect. I would love to see the Ofcom complaints for this one. :allears:

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Veal is just unpalatable, even with human cattle. You have to harvest them once they're grown.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Volcano posted:

I finished it the other night! Definitely got better as the season went on – some really nailbiting moments of scheming and backstabbing towards the end.

Glad to hear that. I'm around 4 episodes in and it's good, but they keep getting rid of people who seem like they might provide a bit of conflict. I though the UK one, while great, lost it's edge a little towards the end as most of the more combustible contestants were gone.

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

Volcano posted:

Unrelated – apparently Channel 4 aired a special tonight called "The British Miracle Meat" in which Gregg Wallace eats some delicious, locally-grown, cost-of-living-crisis-appropriate human meat, harvested from sad children. This is a joke but a lot of people do not seem to have realised this.

Twitter has taken this about as well as you might expect. I would love to see the Ofcom complaints for this one. :allears:

Presumably this is a Swift homage?

cloudchamber
Aug 6, 2010

You know what the Ukraine is? It's a sitting duck. A road apple, Newman. The Ukraine is weak. It's feeble. I think it's time to put the hurt on the Ukraine
There's a thank you message to him in the credits, yes.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

This season of Celebrity Masterchef seems to really been leaning into the fact that all of the contestants are idiots who can't cook. It's edited with a lot more silence to let the awkwardness hang. Just a few seconds pause after a broadcaster claims to have never eaten an aubergine before Greg goes "oh golly..."

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Michael Parkinson has died.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
as a very old man, 'twas his wont

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

He was a man
On the telly
Now he’s offed

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I’ll have a Ghostwatch rewatch in his honour when the nights start creeping in more.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

The_Doctor posted:

I’ll have a Ghostwatch rewatch in his honour when the nights start creeping in more.

Same. He gives a really lovely performance in that for someone not really known for acting.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Now they can finally publish all the stories of his sordid past.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
He'd been loving that emu for years

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

The late Parkinson was alleged to have worked in the British entertainment industry, but was never convicted.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

He'd been loving that emu for years

Jesus Christ, Bernie Clifton is still alive!

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Rod Hull is dead though.

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

He's with Pipes now.

reality_groove
Dec 27, 2007

Look Around You is on IPlayer

Volcano
Apr 10, 2008

we're leaving the planet
and you can't come

reality_groove posted:

Look Around You is on IPlayer

Thanks, reality_groove... Theality_groove.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

goatface posted:

Rod Hull is dead though.

The real Rod Hull?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Pay the man his green jelly.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
I'd always thought that the story about Rod Hull dying because he fell off a ladder trying to fix his aerial during a Man United match was an urban legend, but it's apparently true

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
he should have just gone pub

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

I'd always thought that the story about Rod Hull dying because he fell off a ladder trying to fix his aerial during a Man United match was an urban legend, but it's apparently true

I remember (I think) Frank Skinner making a joke once that it would make a great quiz question in years to come: In what year did Hull go down as a result of Inter Milan v Manchester United"

reality_groove
Dec 27, 2007

New things:

Starstruck Season 3 just started on BBC Three.
A new version of Takeshi's Castle UK launches on Amazon Prime this week.
Joe Lycett's stand up show is on C4, Nish Kumar's is on Sky Comedy.
Grizzly crime drama The Tower S2 starts on ITV and Irish gothic thriller The Woman in the Wall is on BBC One.
New series of Buzzcocks on Sky Max.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

reality_groove posted:

New series of Buzzcocks on Sky Max.

I'd love to know how many people are watching this.
Like, I work for Sky and I have no idea, it just seems to have nobody talking about it at all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Taear posted:

I'd love to know how many people are watching this.
Like, I work for Sky and I have no idea, it just seems to have nobody talking about it at all

I occasionally stick it on. It's usually a good time but not something I go out of my way to watch.