Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I have a jump sub but haven't actually read their release outside deep crawls for older arcs in years, fan scans do it better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I love pirates but I HATE piracy!!!

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Jorenko posted:

I'll read the fanscans just to keep up with the discussion. But the fact that we still have fanscans in this day of free simulpub is very silly, and I personally think it would be far better for both the industry and the fandom in the long run if we fully shunned and ignored fanscans of anything with such luxury available.

The luxury pretty much only exists for certain regions though, if you could just pay the $3 unilaterally for a subscription that would make more sense but they’re never going away for the simple reason that they serve a purpose beyond “I need to read my children’s magic pirate comic book the instant it illegally leaks in China”.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
You can pay literally just $3 and just wait until Sunday which is only like a ~5 wait from when early translations are out. Nobody's gotta plan their week based around the One Piece Manga Thread discussions

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Jorenko posted:

it would be far better for both the industry

I do not give a poo poo lmao

Maybe the industry should improve itself first

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Snazzy Frocks posted:

I'm official release only reader and i wish that jump would get the Japanese govt to seek out and execute the leakers so everyone can enjoy one piece at the same time

This but instead of execution, impel down

notwithyourheart
Dec 27, 2013

they can pry the early scans from my cold dead hands

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Which level of Impel Down would leakers end up on?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

You're asking how pirates would fit into the one piece ecosystem?

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Regular humans would just die at any level of impel down except I guess 5.5 or 6 so it might as well be execution. Which I'm fine with. For the leakers.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

https://tcbscans.com/chapters/7465/one-piece-chapter-1090?date=17-8-2023-13

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

E; chapter out time to shut up

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

The Kizaru interaction is totally different in this translation. It sounds like he's just trying to keep more of his marines safe.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

One Piece rules.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Tampa Bae posted:

You can pay literally just $3 and just wait until Sunday which is only like a ~5 wait from when early translations are out. Nobody's gotta plan their week based around the One Piece Manga Thread discussions

Oh the official release is free, the first and latest 3 chapters are free, the 3 bucks are for access to the archive

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Franky managing to surpass Vegapunk and impress him with his tech is so loving cool.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

For anyone curious as to why TCB Scans took as long as they did to get the chapter out, and for why their translation is as different from the speedscans as it is:

https://twitter.com/TCBScans/status/1692228621228761378

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

oh the original was double translated? gross

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

good ch.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Arist posted:

Yeah, the first wave of translations came from an Arabic leak.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Arist posted:

triple i think. japanese -> leaker's language (probably chinese or korean) -> arabic -> english

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

good ch

notwithyourheart
Dec 27, 2013

i wonder why the "power station" or whatever it is can't be sacrificed. i assume they need punk records because the knowledge to make mother flame is in there, but would it not also include the knowledge to make another power station?

maybe vegapunk didn't create it. or it could be a nuclear reactor and they don't have the resources they need to make another. maybe it was pulled out of the old giant robot. i can't wait to find out

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Wild to think that we are just 2 weeks away from the live action version of One Piece coming out.

Speaking of the live action one piece:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-OOW3TCBRA

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Team Zoro

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Kind of hoping Lucci is pulling a triple secret backstab sabotage and gave the navy the wrong location for the power station

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
even if the show is absolute trash the actors seem cool and i hope they get more work in the future

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I think it'll be fine since oda had to sign off on it

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Why does that ship have tits

Caidin fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Aug 17, 2023

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Caidin posted:

Why does that ship have tits
It's called the Cutty Sark you philistine

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

it's the breast ship ever made

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

anime was right posted:

even if the show is absolute trash the actors seem cool and i hope they get more work in the future
if nothing else it will be fun to see stuff in live action and point my finger at random cameos and background props

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Irony Be My Shield posted:

It's called the Cutty Sark you philistine

Low Cut Sark

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Lol, I somehow missed Nami just holding her head because she’s long since lost the patience for Luffy’s stupidity.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

It's been a while since we've seen Chopper's whole "insults people bashfully after getting complimented" thing, yeah?

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

Julias posted:

Wild to think that we are just 2 weeks away from the live action version of One Piece coming out.

Live-action Luffy and Nami are absolutely perfect but I think Ussop's actor is way too cool to be early Ussopp

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Tampa Bae posted:

Live-action Luffy and Nami are absolutely perfect but I think Ussop's actor is way too cool to be early Ussopp

He's an actor.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Bleck posted:

He's an actor.

yeah which is why he's better off playing sogeking

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Julias posted:

I could totally see Luffy annoying the poo poo out of Croc by calling him Croak-o-dile. Also interesting to see that they're all at different places in the story.

Too bad Oda has to change the end now that Inaki spoiled what The One Piece is though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

CharlestonJew posted:

Kind of hoping Lucci is pulling a triple secret backstab sabotage and gave the navy the wrong location for the power station

I don't imagine he would. It was not the government that attacked him.