Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

turn off the TV posted:

yea that's what it looks like on a 960p restream of a 1080p youtube stream

I meant more like the gameplay, not the visual fidelity.

Although I guess sorta the visuals as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

the leaked arena gameplay from a month ago looks way better

https://www.reddit.com/r/armoredcore/comments/15b0ibj/deletedprivate_video_from_a_jp_youtuber/

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator
Anybody playing ac6 for the pvp should know that AC stands for A Clown, which is what you are if you care about pvp in an armored core game

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Decided that since I'm still not a fan of Blasphemous despite having the combat pretty well down, that I'm moving on from it. Was still in the mood for some metroidvania tho since I want to see if I actually got any better playing through HK, and I've also been on the lookout for Chinese games generally since there seem to be a lot of good ones coming out of there lately, so I picked up Afterimage and so far it rules. Combat is basically instantly engaging and there are a bunch of weapons, plot is pretty standard though I'm told it gets quite vague and incomprehensible, and the world is gorgeous and the maps huge and full of secrets.

Performance on the Switch leaves something to be desired, but none of the issues are present in the combat. It's basically just some stutters when zipping around the world map at high speed, if I had to guess it may be to do with the background parallax. Haven't tried it in docked mode yet.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

turn off the TV posted:

https://clips.twitch.tv/TalentedRenownedFiddleheadsBloodTrail-bqThvlNk9e95icKY

hosed up...

you can't turn off pvp because its an optional side mode like in other normal single player games

This looks terrible and just like the old Armored core games I didn't like. I will be passing and doubt I will feel fomo with this one.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

the bank in baldur’s gate is terrible. they don’t care that I’m cracking the safety deposits boxes right in front of them

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

skill issue

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

err posted:

More $20 DLC?

$25

less DLC per year

Still no QA team, so patches that break races may last 2 years

And a weird out of touch letter from their chief product officer

https://steamcommunity.com/app/1142710/discussions/0/3809535498459507453/

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Epic High Five posted:

Decided that since I'm still not a fan of Blasphemous despite having the combat pretty well down, that I'm moving on from it. Was still in the mood for some metroidvania tho since I want to see if I actually got any better playing through HK, and I've also been on the lookout for Chinese games generally since there seem to be a lot of good ones coming out of there lately, so I picked up Afterimage and so far it rules. Combat is basically instantly engaging and there are a bunch of weapons, plot is pretty standard though I'm told it gets quite vague and incomprehensible, and the world is gorgeous and the maps huge and full of secrets.

Performance on the Switch leaves something to be desired, but none of the issues are present in the combat. It's basically just some stutters when zipping around the world map at high speed, if I had to guess it may be to do with the background parallax. Haven't tried it in docked mode yet.

looks neat, put it on my wishlist

don't sleep on GRIME. it's one of my favorite metroidvania games. it looks like a switch port is coming out soon(tM) but not out yet if that's a dealbreaker

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

it’s robots flying around shooting each other, what’s the “yikes”
there are official gameplay showcases you can look up if you don’t want to watch two YouTubers who never played the game before fumbling around in pvp

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

turn off the TV posted:

https://clips.twitch.tv/TalentedRenownedFiddleheadsBloodTrail-bqThvlNk9e95icKY

hosed up...

you can't turn off pvp because its an optional side mode like in other normal single player games

oh, this guy. I subbed to his youtube channel a while ago because beaglerush recommended him as someone really good at elden ring pvp. but I stopped watching him pretty quickly and unsubbed this morning because he's the kind of guy who can only ever kvetch about how X is RUINED FOREVER and what were they THINKING and look at this NOOB PLAYER and all that tedious poo poo. idk, maybe the game's an awful insult to armored core, I never played any of them so I wouldn't know, but the endless whining is so goddamn boring. (the irony of posting this sentiment in c-spam does not escape me)

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service

RandolphCarter posted:

the bank in baldur’s gate is terrible. they don’t care that I’m cracking the safety deposits boxes right in front of them

buddy you try running a bank in a world full of loving wizards

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won
seeing a lot of negative chatter about the state of ac6 and am sad to announce i have now cancelled my preorder and will be playing Marvel Snap instead for the foreseeable future

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

it would be very funny if ac6 sucked and starfield was amazing

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007
no lube anal fan
ac6 is the ds2 of mech combat games

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

oh, so it's extremely good

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007
no lube anal fan

World War Mammories posted:

oh, so it's extremely good

:hmmyes:

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Zokari posted:

it would also be really funny if Hillary Clinton was the president but that’s never happening either

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

double post

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Zokari posted:

Starfield will never be amazing because that would take effort and Bethesda hasn't put effort into a project since Morrowind

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

approaching two decades of people tricking themselves into thinking the next dogshit Bethesda game will be good, here’s to two more :cheers:

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won
Sike

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

lol people are on such a hair trigger about starfield

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Xaris posted:

looks neat, put it on my wishlist

don't sleep on GRIME. it's one of my favorite metroidvania games. it looks like a switch port is coming out soon(tM) but not out yet if that's a dealbreaker

I've got my eye on it, one of the things I like about the genre is how perfect it is for the Switch so I'm holding out for the port while I've got backlog to attend to. If it never ends up getting ported I'll end up playing it on PC tho, it does look cool i just dont PC game much anymore compared to console

In theory I should embrace both worlds and get a Deck but even ignoring the price it's just too drat big

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Zokari posted:

lol people are on such a hair trigger about starfield

legitimately have no idea what people are excited about in this game. it’s the same poo poo since oblivion, you mouse over and click on HP sponge enemies til they die, repeat 1 quintillion times

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Augus posted:

approaching two decades of people tricking themselves into thinking the next dogshit Bethesda game will be good, here’s to two more :cheers:

modders will make it good. relax. calm down nerds

starfield ftw

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Augus posted:

legitimately have no idea what people are excited about in this game. it’s the same poo poo since oblivion, you mouse over and click on HP sponge enemies til they die, repeat 1 quintillion times

People want Morrowind again, just let us hoover up space dwarf ruins and trip on space mushrooms.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

Augus posted:

wow i had no idea, im hearing about that for the first time

im legitimately sad about that

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

I couldn't care less about pvp and am looking forward to building neat robots and blowing up less neat robots with them. hoping there's a sick ability to run robots over with my tank tread legs

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Buck Wildman posted:

I couldn't care less about pvp and am looking forward to building neat robots and blowing up less neat robots with them. hoping there's a sick ability to run robots over with my tank tread legs

There is, you basically boost right into them and it does a ton of stagger damage

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Buck Wildman posted:

Just give us a MechWarrior game that doesn't suck rear end and crash every other attempt to play it

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

Augus posted:

Todd bless you

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Epic High Five posted:

There is, you basically boost right into them and it does a ton of stagger damage

that's the stuff, a shotgun in each tanky mitt to follow up with

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Buck Wildman posted:

that's the stuff, a shotgun in each tanky mitt to follow up with

Each shoulder button now fires a different weapon so you can have FOUR shotguns

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

well I'm sold

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Zokari posted:

wow i had no idea, im hearing about that for the first time

im legitimately sad about that

I’m sorry if you’re tired of hearing that the combat in Bethesda games is dogshit but maybe you’ll hear less of that if they fix a single thing about their crappy combat or make a game where the crappy combat isn’t 98% of the content

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

i don't think you're sorry at all

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Augus posted:

I’m sorry if you’re tired of hearing that the combat in Bethesda games is dogshit but maybe you’ll hear less of that if they fix a single thing about their crappy combat or make a game where the crappy combat isn’t 98% of the content

combat in fallout 4 was pretty good actually. Story was dogshit but everything else was cool. You should probably post in the games subforum.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Regarde Aduck posted:

combat in fallout 4 was pretty good actually.

lol no it wasn’t

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Gamers continue to be mad about video games, the contradictions will never be resolved.