Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
New Jojolands

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I can't believe people actually doubted Usagi would come back.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

drat that was good. Araki still hasn't lost his horror chops.

Usagi continues to be my favorite character and way, way smarter than anyone gives him credit for. Though after this they'll probably be giving him a lot more credit.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

still hope they kick Usagi's rear end

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Saving the day with burgers: Usagi truly is an American hero.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Glad we got confirmation that the "The" in "The Hustle" is required

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

"It's like "A Tribe Called Quest". You say the whole thing every time." - Katt Williams

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Oh poo poo they figured how to do Abbachio and Moody Blues

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JaI6RSqqILk

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Wonder if he’s just gonna be a Shang Tsung

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

JoJoLands is incredible af

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

hatty posted:

Wonder if he’s just gonna be a Shang Tsung

Probably more like Geras, if I had to take a guess

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

https://twitter.com/minedo_r/status/1692609336806162692?s=20

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

usagi avatar+text

Only registered members can see post attachments!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Man they healed from nearly being sliced into watermelon chunks real quick.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

RareAcumen posted:

Man they healed from nearly being sliced into watermelon chunks real quick.

Dragona using Smooth Operators to cover up the wounds.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Electric Phantasm posted:

Dragona using Smooth Operators to cover up the wounds.

I mean it's Jojo, it's basically a cartoon. The injuries from one panel might be solved in the next or duct taped shut and that's good as new as far as anyone's concerned. Just felt like acknowledging it because they shrugged it off even easier than Jotaro did his heart attack.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Was anyone able to follow Usagi's logic there? I got a little lost.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Mraagvpeine posted:

Was anyone able to follow Usagi's logic there? I got a little lost.

"I'm gonna mix some expensive caviar into my burger!"

v

"Those loving cats ate my caviar burgers!"

v

"Wait, if the caviar is expensive, maybe it'll be attracted to the lava rock even in the cats' stomachs?"

v

[CRASHES CAR INTO TREE]

Bombyx
Dec 7, 2022

Funky Valentine posted:

v

v

"Wait, if the caviar is expensive, maybe it'll be attracted to the lava rock even in the cats' stomachs?"

v

[CRASHES CAR INTO TREE]

And he's such a legend for it. :allears:

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
Usagi: WILD CARD BITCHES YEAHHHH

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
lmao usagi is the best

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

he'd have no trouble big braining his way into figuring out time stop

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

lih posted:

lmao usagi is the best

:emptyquote:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

From the moment this fight started, Usagi cemented himself as MVP. This chapter is just confirming what we already knew.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I always believed in him

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Usagi keeps on establishing himself as the Abbacchio of this group and I'm wondering how quickly he'll be killed after once again showing he's too dangerous to be left alive.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Funky Valentine posted:

v

v

v

[CRASHES CAR INTO TREE]

Oh my God he really did have no reason to crash into that tree did he?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

It was to announce that he was there. Also cars are strong and hit things very hard too

MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

I really like that Jodio wasn’t the one who defeated the cats. Kind of reminds me of SBR, where Johnny flailed around and depended on Gyro until he came into his own.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Oh my God he really did have no reason to crash into that tree did he?

It knocked the cats out of the tree but there's no loving way Usagi intended that.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Funky Valentine posted:

It knocked the cats out of the tree but there's no loving way Usagi intended that.

Man the translation is making this unnecessarily confusing. I thought at first Usagi was lying about the timeline and went back to Chapter 6 to reread it. (Incidentally, IMO PO2 Scans did a much better job translating than HWMN.) But after rereading Chapter 7 I think I got it.

After smashing into the tree, he holds up the fast food bag and says the cats have "already eaten them!" and that he's "already won. [...] fed them to the cats before they went up that tree."

He goes on to explain that he mixed caviar into the burger patties. "[W]hen they were on the ground a little while ago", after he knocked them out of the tree by smashing the car into the tree, he fed them the caviar burgers (offscreen, presumably). After that, the cats climbed back up the tree. Usagi then holds up the lava rock, which is already attracting the cats as he's monologuing. He then demands Dragona make a request of Matte Kudasai to net the cats.

All this would've been much clearer if Araki had actually shown the cats eating the burgers after Usagi hits the tree.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Yeah the timeline kinda confused me but I think I get it now

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Jodio's hair is more confusing imo

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
I'm glad Usagi solved everything but to be honest I have no idea what happened, even after reading the explanations in this thread. The cats were already after the rock, so it seemed like he just proved they want the rock?

edit: Right after posting this it occurred to me that it might be telling us that the rock was more important than the diamond I guess, and this is confirming that. I assumed from the start the rock was already important (I'm sure sure we all did) but the characters in the story are still mostly concerned with the diamond.

Momomo fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Aug 19, 2023

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Momomo posted:

I'm glad Usagi solved everything but to be honest I have no idea what happened, even after reading the explanations in this thread. The cats were already after the rock, so it seemed like he just proved they want the rock?

It both neutralized the cats and proved that the lava rock attracts valuable things.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Momomo posted:

edit: Right after posting this it occurred to me that it might be telling us that the rock was more important than the diamond I guess, and this is confirming that. I assumed from the start the rock was already important (I'm sure sure we all did) but the characters in the story are still mostly concerned with the diamond.

The cats were attacking the group because they wanted the lava rock, but once Usagi got them to eat caviar, he was able to lure them using the rocks -- even though the group was still active and could threaten the cats -- and even made them trip and stumble by tossing around the lava rock. This allowed him to use Matte Kudasai to incapacitate the cats.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

SKULL.GIF posted:

The cats were attacking the group because they wanted the lava rock, but once Usagi got them to eat caviar, he was able to lure them using the rocks -- even though the group was still active and could threaten the cats -- and even made them trip and stumble by tossing around the lava rock. This allowed him to use Matte Kudasai to incapacitate the cats.

The Matte Kudasai. Like The Hustle you can’t forget the “The”

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFt-iFAF1Ks

I saw/heard this the other day, and now I'm wondering if you could do a JJBA visual novel game. Maybe it'd need to be something more adventure oriented, though.

Oh poo poo they figured how to do Abbachio and Moody Blues

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JaI6RSqqILk

Oh hey, they finally got the full squad. Now if we could just get more SBR characters. :argh:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

MonsterEnvy posted:

The Matte Kudasai. Like The Hustle you can’t forget the “The”

The Matte Kudasai. These are Usagi's magic words! Don't steal them!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

HWMN did a v2 of their scanlation. Cleaned up a bunch of lines and script. Much more readable now, I think: https://mangadex.org/chapter/78b9ff96-f8d3-4ba0-a6ed-8a1d1244aed9/

SKULL.GIF fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Aug 20, 2023