Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

Quoting for the new page, can't let it get buried

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

mangosteen

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Underwhelmed posted:

Did Elon just recently look up how many people have blocked his account or something? This is such a weird loving hill to die on.

Its also probably lashing out seeing Grimes is currently getting more attention than he is at the moment.
He just HAD to stand up and go up to the screen in front of her crowd, he's jealous they weren't all giving him the attention.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
The "mass blocking is kerb-stomping servers" theory is plausible, it's been discussed for months, but it would only have taken one article about him being "the user most people don't want to see" to induce a meltdown. He obviously can't bear being ignored.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
It's like watching a sun die in real-time. Absolutely terrifying, and yet... Beautiful.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

A second catturd has hit the blocklist.

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

someone please hit him with a "nice meltdown"

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

:hmbol:

Holy poo poo :allears:

Please be the final meltdown into irrelevance

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

:lmao:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

TulliusCicero posted:

Holy poo poo :allears:

Please be the final meltdown into irrelevance

I'm convinced the endpoint of Twitter will be Elon declaring he'll be shutting Twitter down cold for like 24 hours with the insistence it'll show people how much they need him Twitter X every day.

Except he won't be able to stage Twitter's backend systems properly because that takes effort from trained professionals who are long gone, so it'll just stay dead for good.

egg_dog
Nov 12, 2005

nͬ͒̂̓̂ͪoͨ́
Fun Shoe

𝕏 as
𝔼𝕏ℂℝ𝔼𝕄𝔼ℕ𝕋

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
What stage of Lowtax are we in now? Who was Lowtax’s Catturd?

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

E the Shaggy posted:

What stage of Lowtax are we in now? Who was Lowtax’s Catturd?

Shmorky?

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1692681332550217872

Truly one of the quotes of all time.

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I'm convinced the endpoint of Twitter will be Elon declaring he'll be shutting Twitter down cold for like 24 hours with the insistence it'll show people how much they need him Twitter X every day.

Except he won't be able to stage Twitter's backend systems properly because that takes effort from trained professionals who are long gone, so it'll just stay dead for good.

It wouldn't surprise me if this is how it dies, because he's seems trumpianly petty

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

just nonsense. absolute drivel. smartest and richest man in the world lol

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010

Dude's talking to himself.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

just nonsense. absolute drivel. smartest and richest man in the world lol

"Well you.know e-e-elucidation sufficiently uhh advanced you know like times a billiom is uhh it's uh in- indistinguishable from nonsense. Is what Asimov said."

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

The second best kind of Elonposting is when his freeze peach egalitarian mask slips off only to reveal his desire to turn the digital commons into a digital apartheid state. I'm blocking all the people that are complaining about taking blocks away, overtly implying that I'm keeping the feature for myself. Blocks for me, but not for thee. Sucks to suck, poors.

The best kind of Elonposting is when he's high on ketamine and can only communicate through terrible poetry, meaningless aphorisms, and the cry laugh emoji.

Froghammer fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Aug 20, 2023

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

IIIII AAAAAMMMM IIIRRROOON MAAAAN

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Friendship with Elon over. Friendship with, uh. Friendship with.

poo poo.

No one loves catturd.

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

PhazonLink posted:

lol at Loom's bot/farm numbers.

why does someone spend money or effort on her, a FL woman inflating her numbers.

If you want to know the reason, feel free to google up "Loomer inflation" :lol:

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
Musk is such an insufferable idiot that even the chud bootlickers are turning on him. He's going to drive literally everyone away from his $44 billion platform, just by being himself. Give it a year and it'll just be Musk tweeting to an army of ai-powered bots that reply 😂😂😂 to all his dumb jokes. Truly the best of us, these billionaires.

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

how the gently caress did this old boomer manage to take a screenshot of a website WITH aliasing???

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Neddy Seagoon posted:

A mediocre engineer could probably get it back up but it would take a few days

Source: I am a mediocre engineer and was in a similar situation with a legacy system I knew nothing about that crashed

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

gently caress SNEEP posted:

how the gently caress did this old boomer manage to take a screenshot of a website WITH aliasing???

Probably used Windows snip and then pasted into mspaint and saved as jpg

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

goddamn this all owns

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

:lol:

Holy poo poo what an incredibly thin skinned baby

He actually managed to piss off the chuds, amazing

TulliusCicero fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Aug 20, 2023

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Leave me to do my dark bidding on the internet!
Somehow he manages to deliver, again and again.

I can't believe he isn't so thin-skinned as to be see-through.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

does elon really think removing blocks is good?

i’m trying to think of the argument here but all i can come up with is some “if you never talk to each other you’ll never come to an agreement “ but obviously that’s falls apart when the 2 sides are “i’d like to use a public restroom” and “you should be killed for grooming children”

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:

how long has it said "user blocked you"? i thought it used to say something like "you are unable to view user's posts"

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls

Underwhelmed posted:

Did Elon just recently look up how many people have blocked his account or something? This is such a weird loving hill to die on.

No he floated this idea a month or two after he acquired Twitter. When talking about it he complained about how many computing resources the block feature was using. It’s likely a cost cutting effort just like deleting everything before 2014 is.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Faustian Bargain posted:

i’m trying to think of the argument here but all i can come up with is some “if you never talk to each other you’ll never come to an agreement “ but obviously that’s falls apart when the 2 sides are “i’d like to use a public restroom” and “you should be killed for grooming children”

His chud friends are really mad about being blocked, so Elon decided if he removed blocks then they would be happy. He didn't understand what they actually wanted was to make it impossible to block them (ie make blue checks unblockable), not for block to remove entirely, which is why he's very mad about the backlash

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

DicktheCat posted:

One of the things that's been pointed out is that Twitter has long been in stasis in regards to growth. It's a thing that mostly millenials/ older gen z and back use.

Most younger people are using different platforms, and communicate differently.

That is to say: anyone that wanted a Twitter has one. Others are utilizing those myriad other ways to communicate, instead.

This is honestly the funniest thing with every social media site/community platform. The owner(s) need eternal growth but younger people just don't want to be on the platform for Old People and the company fails to get it and flails around trying to figure out how to appeal.

Then the cycle repeats and a new batch of CEOs make the same mistake.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
Telling off Woods is some real bald Spanish guy energy, but I wonder how much Twitter paid in legal fees for his thin-skinned (not coke-addled) bullshit.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Danger - Octopus! posted:

This is honestly the funniest thing with every social media site/community platform. The owner(s) need eternal growth but younger people just don't want to be on the platform for Old People and the company fails to get it and flails around trying to figure out how to appeal.

Then the cycle repeats and a new batch of CEOs make the same mistake.

its not a mistake (because they have no choice) and its all companies not just social. theyre locked into the same rotten system just on the winners side

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

Faustian Bargain posted:

You're looking for him to use reason. He's a 50-year old pill-popping egomaniac who surrounds himself with sycophants.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

Faustian Bargain posted:

does elon really think
Lemme stop you right there. He doesn't. He has drug-fueled gut reactions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

Faustian Bargain posted:

Some of you really just still don’t get it

For Elon: good = other people suffering

It’s where he gets his enjoyment from.