Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Konar
Dec 14, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

spunkshui posted:

Some of you really just still don’t get it

For Elon: good = other people suffering

It’s where he gets his enjoyment from.

Yeah from what I've seen of Elon, the biggest asset he's had in his failing upward into billions is his total lack of empathy and ability to not consider other people when it comes to making decisions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

spunkshui posted:

Some of you really just still don’t get it

For Elon: good = other people suffering

It’s where he gets his enjoyment from.

I mean, you keep saying this, but I don't think it's true.

I think Elon doesn't give any thought at all to how other people feel.

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!
Actually you're all wrong about Elon as the MRI showed elon's skull is actually home to a gopher running on a treadmill. All thoughts and feelings stem from this gopher.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Gopher eX 😂😂

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

kazil posted:

“how does the medicine taste?”

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

Never prescribed to stupidity what could be prescribed to malice is how it works with Elon.

Do you really think the guy dancing directly in the center of the stage doesn’t realize he’s blocking the view of people?

While the rest of us would feel bad, and therefore not enjoy the situation, Elon is wired the opposite way.

He likes to be a jerk. It’s not a complicated concept.

There’s a lot of people out there just like him.

We even have a word for him: “bully”

spunkshui fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Aug 20, 2023

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Way lower than I expected

https://twitter.com/culturecrave/status/1693134641543450875

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

spunkshui posted:

Never prescribed to stupidity what could be prescribed to malice is how it works with Elon.

:wrong:

Elon is really just that stupid OP hth

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
I think it also comes down to insecurity, as with so many mean spirited, callous people. They think if they act decently to others they’ll be taken advantage of and seen as weak, or see kindness as an intrinsically weak trait. Like for all their bluster, people like Musk and Trump come off as obviously unhappy with who they are and constantly terrified of being ‘found out’. That’s why you’ll never see them cry or show emotion outside of like, glee at the suffering of others too.

Just a contributing factor though, I’m not saying if we all just affirmed people like that more they’d not be assholes. I just think that’s often where it starts, but by the time they’re at the Elon stage it’s far too late and that’s just who they are, and they should be treated as such.

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

I"m going to drain the swamp clean up the bots!

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Has he started forcing everyone to follow him by default yet like Tom from myspace

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Outside of this thread and twitter itself, I wonder how many people are actually aware how much of a weird loser melon is, do they just think of him as 'the really smart guy who invented tesla.' I guess he doesn't care, as long as people are thinking about him

Good to know he's working hard to fix that image

redgubbinz fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Aug 20, 2023

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

spunkshui posted:

“how does the medicine taste?”

This sounds like a throwaway line in Planet of the Base

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

digital penitence posted:

I"m going to drain the swamp clean up the bots!

Some of these probably aren’t bots, but people that want to see the latest dumbness Musk is up to, but of course now you gotta have an account to view basically anything outside single tweets

One weird trick to boost your sub numbers!

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

ymgve posted:

Some of these probably aren’t bots, but people that want to see the latest dumbness Musk is up to, but of course now you gotta have an account to view basically anything outside single tweets

One weird trick to boost your sub numbers!

https://mashable.com/article/elon-musk-x-twitter-follower-data
full article

quote:

All of the above data points could signal fake accounts, describe users who are inactive, or even "lurkers" — users who exclusively consume content. It's likely a combination of all three. However, there are a few further stats that point more to the former two types of users.

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?
As the final gnarled finger on the monkey's paw curled, Elon knew he would soon have an army of robots at his command.

Wished for T-800's, got IQ 80's.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

kazil posted:

Oh but he does care. Constantly. It's what makes it so entertaining when he pathetically tries to roll with the punches and pretend he totally meant to do something stupid on purpose.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
So payouts are supposed to be based on impressions/interactions with other Blue subs right?
Why not hire a bot farms, since a HUGE amount seem to have Blue anyway, to engage in your slop?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Croccers posted:

So payouts are supposed to be based on impressions/interactions with other Blue subs right?
Why not hire a bot farms, since a HUGE amount seem to have Blue anyway, to engage in your slop?

Because Laura Loomer and others just proved that that doesn't work because they made like $200 and a $5 off coupon to In-N-Out Burger off a whole 6 months of it. You apparently need real human eyes on your poo poo, or whatever Twitter feels comfortable calling human eyes to make money, and chuds are mostly all just tweeting to empty botnets and living the benefits of the Dead Internet Theory as the bots all like and reply to and retweet their bullshit glowingly.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

For a guy who touts listening to the other side this guy clearly curates a bubble of sycophantic yes men.

Grammarchist
Jan 28, 2013

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I was driving behind a Tesla for a while today, and apparently the brake lights only come on during regenerative braking without the pedal when there's "substantial" deceleration going on? Driving in town, they were constantly speeding up and slowing down for traffic, but without any brake lights outside of when they actually stopped. It was very annoying, I think we've gotta get Elon back to work on the brake light algorithm.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

nine-gear crow posted:

Because Laura Loomer and others just proved that that doesn't work because they made like $200 and a $5 off coupon to In-N-Out Burger off a whole 6 months of it. You apparently need real human eyes on your poo poo, or whatever Twitter feels comfortable calling human eyes to make money, and chuds are mostly all just tweeting to empty botnets and living the benefits of the Dead Internet Theory as the bots all like and reply to and retweet their bullshit glowingly.

It’s worth keeping in mind that apparently only views from other subscribers count. It’s an absolutely deranged metric that guarantees no one gets any real payout. I guess the idea is that once there are enough subscribers then the cost of paying people will balance out with the income from people subscribing, but there’s basically no incentive to pay money for the site right now and the current arrangement discourages people from buying in. If a person with half a million followers earns a couple hundo then why the gently caress would anyone pay 8 bucks when they’ve got 12 followers

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Captain Hygiene posted:

I was driving behind a Tesla for a while today, and apparently the brake lights only come on during regenerative braking without the pedal when there's "substantial" deceleration going on? Driving in town, they were constantly speeding up and slowing down for traffic, but without any brake lights outside of when they actually stopped. It was very annoying, I think we've gotta get Elon back to work on the brake light algorithm.

That's not just a Tesla thing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0YW7x9U5TQ

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

E the Shaggy posted:

What stage of Lowtax are we in now? Who was Lowtax’s Catturd?

Goons :elon:

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
teslas (autopilot or otherwise) have quickly dethroned bmws as "worst cars to share the road with" they exhibit very unnatural tendencies

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I guess I shouldn't be surprised, there have been multiple times where I've gotten angry about some stupid design choice on Tesla's end, only to find out that it's also in other makes and that EV designers are just insane in general.

Thoughtless
Feb 1, 2007

Doesn't think, just types.
It's not really fair to compare Elon and Lowtax. For all his horrible flaws, Lowtax had a sense of humor. Elon doesn't seem to understand what humor is, like at all. (it's not continuously repeating phrases someone else wrote/said)

Thoughtless fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Aug 20, 2023

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

Lazy_Liberal posted:

how long has it said "user blocked you"? i thought it used to say something like "you are unable to view user's posts"

that shows up when you go to their profile. the latter message is when you look at a tweet of theirs

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Weird that noted paedophile James Woods is mad at CSAM lover Elon Musk.

nexas
Sep 4, 2009

nope

Thoughtless posted:

It's not really fair to compare Elon and Lowtax. For all his horrible flaws, Lowtax had a sense of humor. Elon doesn't seem to understand what humor is, like at all. (it's not continuously repeating phrases someone else said)

Not to put more shine on this point, but even the Uwe Boll fight occurred because it was going to be funny and Lowtax got that. He leaned hard into it and actually got into the ring despite knowing that he would probably get his lights knocked out. I highly doubt that Elon musk understands how funny it will be for others to see him get smashed into the mat by someone who has far more experience in fighting than he does.

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!

Jakabite posted:

I think it also comes down to insecurity, as with so many mean spirited, callous people. They think if they act decently to others they’ll be taken advantage of and seen as weak, or see kindness as an intrinsically weak trait. Like for all their bluster, people like Musk and Trump come off as obviously unhappy with who they are and constantly terrified of being ‘found out’. That’s why you’ll never see them cry or show emotion outside of like, glee at the suffering of others too.

Just a contributing factor though, I’m not saying if we all just affirmed people like that more they’d not be assholes. I just think that’s often where it starts, but by the time they’re at the Elon stage it’s far too late and that’s just who they are, and they should be treated as such.

Reminds me of when Trump dubbed Chuck Schumer crying Chuck because see he cried..... Because someone shot a bunch of kids.

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

Captain Hygiene posted:

Lights take electricity which hurts the range of his car. Why keep people safe when you can advertise an extra mile.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Ego-inflation and increased sense of self-importance are two common side effects of ketamine.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Still love the car.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Croccers posted:

Because the payout algorithm is just Elon looking at a list of the top posting accounts (most likely from a printout as he likes to have poo poo printed out for him) and selecting those who he thinks are his friends (or who he wants to be friends with) to give money to.
This won't last for another few months, until he sees its not profitable for himself and its not even generating poo poo.

rowkey bilbao
Jul 24, 2023
I wonder if we owe musk's catastrophic flailing to grimes, who left him a few months prior.

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Oh, what? So now I suppose you're just going to sit there and pout?
Do you think Elon has to send an email when he wants one of his tweets pushed to everyone via notifications? What would that look like?

(I don't follow him and have never interacted with one of his tweets or frequent commenters.)

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

LOL, he really told James Woods to delete his account?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

i used to kinda like those cry laugh emojis in the right context but goddam if i dont hate them now