Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Brendan is the only good chapo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

hell yes but also Bush literally did 9/11

Ziggy Smalls
May 24, 2008

If pain's what you
want in a man,
Pain I can do

gradenko_2000 posted:

hell yes but also Bush literally did 9/11

h. w. bush specifically

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

can't wait for it to be added to this

https://www.nexusmods.com/metalgearsolidvtpp/mods/1338

borgnar
Dec 30, 2018

Ziggy Smalls posted:

h. w. bush specifically

keep it vague and you can fill in the blank and still probably be right

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Danger posted:

whatever you think of him Curtis’s “All watched over…” is probably his most spot on doc.

it’s all reducible to principles on how these baseline technologies, and even the entire cognitive framework of them, were deeply inspired by libertarian utopians.

yeah the way we talk online is exactly the abusive powertrip type poo poo that the pre-tech boom hippie communes dissolved from.
mk ultra found the social dynamics key to destroying people and making them depressed followers and darpa paid the same test subject young people to build a virtual version of what they had been through. tech progressed until social media emerged as a fully weaponized population control mechanism based around the same hosed up social dynamics.

Tungsten
Aug 10, 2004

Your Working Boy

Real hurthling! posted:

yeah the way we talk online is exactly the abusive powertrip type poo poo that the pre-tech boom hippie communes dissolved from.
mk ultra found the social dynamics key to destroying people and making them depressed followers and darpa paid the same test subject young people to build a virtual version of what they had been through. tech progressed until social media emerged as a fully weaponized population control mechanism based around the same hosed up social dynamics.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

Real hurthling! posted:

you're gaslighting me right now

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!
The simplest and therefore true explanation is that it's all just a series of coincidences. Everything that is bad in the world is actually okay because there's no malevolence guiding it, it's just a bunch of stuff that happens

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/MintPressNews/status/1693657111396327694?t=Ra4d5tOJT7hwEddd_hoUQw&s=19

Lol at the Carlyle Group namedrop

Gonna need some more red string

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

but comrade Taylor, what is to be done?

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

Frosted Flake posted:

His grandfather signed the treaty that ended the Russo-Japanese War.

e: you should dig up that one quote of his about Crystia from his memoir because it's eye popping. I wish I could remember it offhand.

ee:

There's a reason people in Ottawa call her "the honourable minister from CSIS"

lol it's Israel Man and Diaspora Boy in reverse

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

Proust Malone posted:

but comrade Taylor, what is to be done?

detox the male privilege

a cleanse

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
never even heard of this music summer camp!

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

I thought about something the other day, is there any information about Epsteins life prior to him teaching at Dalton? Who are his parents? Where did he grow up? The only thing I've ever heard about his family is that he had a brother, and that's it.

edit: nevermind wikipedia has his parents names and says he grew up in nyc

Cached Money has issued a correction as of 09:14 on Aug 23, 2023

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!
The Egg Shaped Pianist

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Dokapon Findom posted:

The simplest and therefore true explanation is that it's all just a series of coincidences. Everything that is bad in the world is actually okay because there's no malevolence guiding it, it's just a bunch of stuff that happens

Ken Wilbur is an op

Cached Money posted:

I thought about something the other day, is there any information about Epsteins life prior to him teaching at Dalton? Who are his parents? Where did he grow up? The only thing I've ever heard about his family is that he had a brother, and that's it.

lol are you doing the "Early Life section of Wikipedia" meme?

Frosted Flake has issued a correction as of 12:34 on Aug 23, 2023

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

Frosted Flake posted:

Ken Wilbur is an op

lol are you doing the "Early Life section of Wikipedia" meme?

I mean I don't trust it for a bit but it can't remember anyone ever talking about his early life

Regulus74
Jul 26, 2007
I'm phone posting now or else I would find it, but that article by Jay Edward Epstein or whatever his name in Air Mail talks about how one of his early employers had Kroll look into his background and he had shitkicker jobs like roofing before Dalton.

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

:stare:

SMERSH Mouth
Jun 25, 2005

Regulus74 posted:

I'm phone posting now or else I would find it, but that article by Jay Edward Epstein or whatever his name in Air Mail talks about how one of his early employers had Kroll look into his background and he had shitkicker jobs like roofing before Dalton.

so he’s bad will hunting?

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

Apparently Yevgeny Prigozhin made the rookie mistake of getting on a private plane after trying a coup.

RIP to a real one.

The Atomic Man-Boy has issued a correction as of 02:11 on Aug 24, 2023

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN
One of Tucker Carlson's first questions in the Trump interview that aired opposite the RNC debate was, "Did Epstein kill himself? He didn't, right?"

Ultimately it was part of an angle to discredit Barr for being trecherous,

But still. LOL.

SgtMongoose
Feb 10, 2007

Victor Vermis posted:

One of Tucker Carlson's first questions in the Trump interview that aired opposite the RNC debate was, "Did Epstein kill himself? He didn't, right?"

But still. LOL.

SgtMongoose posted:

Trump interview report:

"When you were President, are you confident that you knew everything that the CIA was doing?"

"No"

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

lol

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Victor Vermis posted:

But still. LOL.

trump knows billy was just lookin out for him and his peeps unless its politically convenient to imply foul play

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN
Then he named off international bad dudes, "worse than Bin Laden" who were killed by "us", clarifying "us" is "not the CIA"

Who the gently caress is "US" and why doesn't it include CIA?

He goes on, "Buncha Bushies. No offense to the Bush family".

This big wet booster rocket breaking the chains of reality has my vote in the last US election, I'll tell you that much.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

He led an amazing life. What else can you say? He was an amazing man, whether you agreed or not, he was an amazing man who led an amazing life.

Ziggy Smalls
May 24, 2008

If pain's what you
want in a man,
Pain I can do

Cached Money posted:

I remember a comment from Nick Bryant during his interview on Trueanon about his Franklin Scandal book where he said that Lawrence E. King didn't have any kind of special childhood or family connections and that these were useful traits as it made the 'ringleader' much easier to cut loose should the trafficking ring be exposed.

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'

crepeface posted:

never even heard of this music summer camp!

my bil and sil lived and taught there like 10 years ago and we would visit them. it’s a beautiful area.

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Victor Vermis posted:

Then he named off international bad dudes, "worse than Bin Laden" who were killed by "us", clarifying "us" is "not the CIA"

Who the gently caress is "US" and why doesn't it include CIA?

He goes on, "Buncha Bushies. No offense to the Bush family".

This big wet booster rocket breaking the chains of reality has my vote in the last US election, I'll tell you that much.

Wow just wow. Unironic trump support in the CSPAM. Shut it down. Shut it all down

If Trump runs he'll win; if he's not allowed to run it will be looked back upon as the Archduke Ferdinand event that Balkanized the United States. Nobody is going to do any kind of armed insurrection in support of Trump or physically coup the government to make him president/dictator, but it will be the beginning of the republican states asserting their rights against the backdrop of what a constitutionally impartial voter would understand as a fully delegitimized federal election process. If the winning election strategy in the United States manifests any more clearly as preventing the guy who will win from running, it is not a process that people will participate in just to vote for some rump candidate when their actual guy was jailed for (in their minds) being too correct or too electable.

e: Jeffrey Epstein

Puppy Burner
Sep 9, 2011
I think the libs/dems are more likely to start the fascism than Trump is tbh. Biden and everyone in Europe giving MBS a big wet kiss for blowing up all those Ethiopian refugees.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

imagine sobering up to find out you are in the middle of drunk posting a mutiny

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Real hurthling! posted:

imagine sobering up

never

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

animist
Aug 28, 2018

Puppy Burner posted:

I think the libs/dems are more likely to start the fascism than Trump is tbh. Biden and everyone in Europe giving MBS a big wet kiss for blowing up all those Ethiopian refugees.

was watching some PBS with my grampa and it's all brainmelting anti-china anti-russia stuff. some anti-assad stuff too. periodically they take a break to make fun of (FORMER PRESIDENT) trump. it's all just US foreign policy objectives dressed up in bowties

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'
astronaut voice: always has been

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCQyEyhbmjo

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/3r1ng/status/1695301424387592558
https://twitter.com/3r1nG/status/1695301436588904827

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU