Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

deoju posted:

"Get away from her you bricks!"

Awesome build. The epaulets as teeth... :kiss:

Lol, that's exactly the cheesy pun I used on the Reddit post.

Cheers!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/angusmaclane/status/1693061323561558266

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Finally, a Dune set we can all enjoy

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
"We have just folded space from Brix."

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
Dang, I had my first set in a long time that had a missing piece that I couldn't easily replace myself. I bought the Chevrolet Camaro Z28 to build this weekend, and a big technic piece was missing from the first bag.

It was supposed to have 2 of these 4107558 pieces

Instead, I got one of them, and two other random pieces in its place. Together it looks like they probably weigh the same, so maybe that's what happened? I've never seen a piece this big missing from a set.

Fairly annoying since building this was my main weekend plan. Hopefully the replacement brick system doesn't take too long....

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
That’s probably what happened though it seems weird those pieces would be in the same spot to be grabbed since I don’t think they’re part of the set at all

On the other hand you could use them to build the model for now probably, though I imagine it’s part of the frame and would require some extensive disassembly to swap later

I built the corvette, it was fun I guess? They’re getting better at curves, I kinda wish they’d done the DB5 now and not when they did, though I still love the play features.

Also I both like and dislike the way the steering was done, it took me a while to line up the steering wheel but I like that you can get it perfect. Kinda don’t like the slop in it and the sticking point dead center.

The trunk is great. Would have appreciated one piece with the rear decal on, but at least we got one for the hood I guess, which would have been a huge pain as a sticker. I’m just bad at round stickers and hosed up the rear one a bit even though I spent some time really trying.

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009

Lizard Combatant posted:

The Queen is done!

Super happy that I was able to use the epaulettes piece as teeth (the whole reason I started this thing), it just required some unorthodox connections hidden inside the head to make them stay put, since they have zero clutch.

This thing wasn't fun to try and photograph, all black and with a massive tail. Plus I'm impatient and don't have a good setup.

Here's some shots with the power loader, the scale is.... fine, if you ignore the VFX shots in ALIENS where the full puppet queen is way too small next to the puppet power loader.

I want to buy/build this

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Lizard Combatant posted:

The Queen is done!

Super happy that I was able to use the epaulettes piece as teeth (the whole reason I started this thing), it just required some unorthodox connections hidden inside the head to make them stay put, since they have zero clutch.

This thing wasn't fun to try and photograph, all black and with a massive tail. Plus I'm impatient and don't have a good setup.

Here's some shots with the power loader, the scale is.... fine, if you ignore the VFX shots in ALIENS where the full puppet queen is way too small next to the puppet power loader.

Those teeth own, excellent idea

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

trevorreznik posted:

Putting together the city stuntz double loop with my kid, and just came across this minifig hair piece for the first time ever

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=24072&idColor=103#T=P&C=103

It's perfect, especially with the jean jacket

It's called "The Kentucky Waterfall"

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

I was just on a walk and noticed some monster threw out the box AND instructions for the A-Frame Cabin and Treehouse. If they weren't ruined by rain I would've saved them.

Like okay I know not everyone keeps the boxes, but throwing away the instructions? What if you need to re-build it! The HORROR.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

I’ve always wondered about this piece, it’s such an odd shape.

https://brickset.com/parts/4610897/plate-w-bows-2x3%C2%BD

I finally looked up where it was first used and it seems like it was designed as a shin guard for a series of buildable knights from 2004. I didn’t even know that theme existed. The more you know…

https://brickset.com/sets/subtheme-Knights-Kingdom-II

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Captain Duvel posted:

I want to buy/build this

you can!

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.

smackfu posted:

I’ve always wondered about this piece, it’s such an odd shape.

https://brickset.com/parts/4610897/plate-w-bows-2x3%C2%BD

I finally looked up where it was first used and it seems like it was designed as a shin guard for a series of buildable knights from 2004. I didn’t even know that theme existed. The more you know…

https://brickset.com/sets/subtheme-Knights-Kingdom-II

Dang, I had completely memory-holed that theme. I'll say though, while they look slightly poo poo, the minifig-scale knights from that theme were actually pretty nicely made -- they felt very solid while still being really smoothly articulated compared to the classical designs. I remember being put off by the whole thing when the theme launched but I ended up getting a small set with a couple in it at some medieval faire event and warming up to it.

It's all nicely clicky, and you can spin around the sword and shield without feeling like you're gonna break something, unlike the older designs.

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

I really enjoyed the Knight's Kingdom subset. It was a nice scratch for that Classic Castle itch at the time.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

Lizard Combatant posted:

The Queen is done!

Infinitum posted:

Your AV + Queen tail reminded me I need to go and check if that Kiryu/Mecha-Godzilla model ever got finished

https://twitter.com/deraLEGO/status/1658425995685404673

Goddamn I don't buy custom models, but I sure as gently caress would buy this one.
Both are loving amazing and I want them bad. :stare:

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

As a classic space fan this is just perfection. :love:

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Ah yes, the Build Navigator

Skios
Oct 1, 2021

Arrived this morning. It's a perfect 40x30cm so I could slap a cheap dollar store picture frame on it to make it look slightly fancier.

Also, if I had ordered it like two minutes later, I could've gotten #999 or #1000 :negative:.

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

w00tazn
Dec 25, 2004
I don't say w00t in real life
Ugh, went through and scanned all the manuals to register my sets for the 20 Points and turns out I'm missing one that should qualify :(
17/18 so far tho isn't bad. That's like $3 lol

The worst thing is going through and knowing how many sets I own that are still NIB that are eligible but on my to-do shelf.

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

It really is a lovely hat

The studs expand consciousness.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Anias posted:

The studs expand consciousness.

He who controls the SNOT controls the universe.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
"How much will it cost them? Traveling all this way for this formality?"
"3 classic space minifigures; a total of 1.46 million 62 Studlaris, round trip."

HootTheOwl fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Aug 21, 2023

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Bloody Pom posted:

He who controls the SNOT controls the universe.

Come on, "The SNOT must flow" was right there.

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023
Scanning/registering sets is kind of annoying, takes way more steps than it should.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

trevorreznik posted:

Scanning/registering sets is kind of annoying, takes way more steps than it should.

Yeah, I’ve done 1 and that was more annoying than it should have been.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Seems like it's definitely more trouble than it's worth.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Definitely seems like it is something you're meant to do when you get a set to get a few more points, rather than going through years of sets and scanning them all at once.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
What is the value of each set? 10 cents?

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
Which app are you guys using to scan these?

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny

Waltzing Along posted:

What is the value of each set? 10 cents?

A German site did the math and it came out to 1,5 hours of nonstop scanning for about €50 if you have a lot of manuals and take 10-15 seconds per scan

(Value per manual is 20 points or €0,13)

Veotax
May 16, 2006

You just use the camera on your phone to scan the qr code, and get 20 points if it works.

No specific app needed, it's basically a web address. You can scan in the building instructions app, but that will just link you to the same webpage

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

Veotax posted:

You just use the camera on your phone to scan the qr code, and get 20 points if it works.

No specific app needed, it's basically a web address. You can scan in the building instructions app, but that will just link you to the same webpage

I was doing it from the builder app, which then had me do a simple math problem, then it would open a webpage and I'd scroll down to hit redeem points. I had to be logged in on both the app and webpage.

Like others have said it's fine to do as you get sets in but not so much for bulk already built instructions. Good thing it only goes back to 2019

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
https://twitter.com/Rainmaker1973/status/1694377742911910079?t=3ZAqqS_59jUysVenaAtxPg&s=19

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Bought a relatively new set, Central Perk, for cheap off Vinted and the clutch power (I believe that's the term) is about 75-80% for everything. Just wondering what can make that happen. I doubt it's something that's been played with a lot or rebuilt loads of times. Displayed right above a radiator or something?

Also built the sail boat adventure tonight after buying as-new for about £18 (also from Vinted, surprisingly good for Lego, in the UK at least). What a lovely, pleasing-to-the-eye set.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

$100 for a soda is unrealistic.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Bricklink designer program series 2 winners announced for crowdfunding next year

Mushroom house is amazing and is going to sell out immediately

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Carbs robbed again.

That train is horrendous. This BL stuff is very full of garbo.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Lol at the not-Hi-Nu Gundam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

bird with big dick posted:

$100 for a soda is unrealistic.

Based on soda prices recently, I give it 6 months.