Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

UK screening

https://twitter.com/PilotTVPod/status/1694303794299892021?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

A bunch of minor cast additions and role confirmations added to IMDB today

Adeleas, Elyas Machera, Joiya Byir, Bayle Domon, Tomas, and a novice.

https://twitter.com/WotTVSeries/status/1694656529851470127?s=20

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
Some new cast revealed (or maybe just confirmed) today

https://twitter.com/WotTVSeries/status/1694656529851470127
https://twitter.com/WotTVSeries/status/1694656534536495504
https://twitter.com/WotTVSeries/status/1694663991551770772
https://twitter.com/WotTVSeries/status/1694656538839851111

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Oh poo poo that's Paul from Eastenders talking to wolves

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

How many of these are we getting? I'm so ready

https://twitter.com/TheWheelOfTime/status/1694680985621979449

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

He's gonna hit it :dong:

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

And here's today's clip. #TeamHair wins again, Lews Therin.

https://twitter.com/TheWheelOfTime/status/1694703711711601017

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Hell yeah get that freaky lanfear strange

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Just don't let her rip your skin off

RembrandtQEinstein
Jul 1, 2009

A GOD, A MESSIAH, AN ARCHANGEL, A KING, A PRINCE, AND AN ALL TERRAIN VEHICLE.
These clips have S2 looking very, very promising. I’m guessing they’re mostly from the first few eps we get next week but we’ll see!

I also do be glad that Bale Domon is showing up, fortune prick me.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Liandrin with this blade of air looks cool as gently caress

Things are getting dark fast :ohdear:

Hexel fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Aug 24, 2023

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

My Prime Video app now says season 2 is coming August 31st at 8 PM ET!!

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Hexel posted:

A bunch of minor cast additions and role confirmations added to IMDB today

Adeleas, Elyas Machera, Joiya Byir, Bayle Domon, Tomas, and a novice.

https://twitter.com/WotTVSeries/status/1694656529851470127?s=20

Wondering now if they're going to combine Adeleas and Vandene to save on casting.

RembrandtQEinstein
Jul 1, 2009

Jedit posted:

Wondering now if they're going to combine Adeleas and Vandene to save on casting.

If they keep the Elayne Black Ajah plot that would be…complicated.

Be a great plot to cut though. If they do that makes a lot of sense.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
They're identical twins so obviously she's just playing Vandene as well

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Nap Ghost
One of the biggest fakeouts I got from the series was that "Adeleas" was actually Vandene who had killed her sister when she discovered she was Black Ajah. Between "Adeleas" starting to wear her "sister's" clothes and having no luck finding the killer (despite implications of frequent torture of the suspects), plus all the suspects being really likesble and having good alibis I thought it was obvious that was what was going on.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

It seemed pretty clear she was just Not Well after her sister's death

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

DarkHorse posted:

One of the biggest fakeouts I got from the series was that "Adeleas" was actually Vandene who had killed her sister when she discovered she was Black Ajah. Between "Adeleas" starting to wear her "sister's" clothes and having no luck finding the killer (despite implications of frequent torture of the suspects), plus all the suspects being really likesble and having good alibis I thought it was obvious that was what was going on.

That's also Ali's theory from wheel takes, kinda. I never thought that at all, myself.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

How does that theory deal with a surviving warder who is mentioned in the same chapter as Adeleas is found, not having gone batshit suicidal?

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I'm not sure they ever specify who the warder belongs too until one of the sisters dies

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

It gets confirmed when the crew is in Ebou Dar in Lord of Chaos. It's nebulous up to that point, although when he's first introduced when Moiraine and Lan are visiting in like book 2, it's Moiraine talking with Vandene where she talks fondly about him "remembering he's a Gaidin" or something and then she's the one fussing over him after the Dragkhar attack.

Why yes I am just about to finish Lord of Chaos on my re-listen why do you ask...

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

DarkHorse posted:

I wasn't quite that far but I definitely thought the one sister had killed the other because that was the only potential outcome with any emotional weight. Who cares about it being one of three interchangable Aes Sedai that no one can even remember?

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

:siren: Casting and plot spoilers below!! :siren:

Male Aludra?
https://twitter.com/WotTVSeries/status/1695388051520807352

Nynaeve's parents and sister from a Nynaeve flashback

https://twitter.com/WotTVSeries/status/1695388041852903732

https://twitter.com/WotTVSeries/status/1695388043815911578

https://twitter.com/WotTVSeries/status/1695388045854335418

There's a ton of new casting confirmations and announcements today in this Twitter thread, way too many to link all of

https://twitter.com/WotTVSeries/status/1695388028250824793

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

I find it hard to believe with all the girl bosses in this show that they would give a female role like Aludra to a man :laugh:

I'm about 90% sure Lindsay Duncan added as "Actress" will be Gitara Moroso in a flashback or cold open of that foretelling.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Hexel posted:

I find it hard to believe with all the girl bosses in this show that they would give a female role like Aludra to a man :laugh:

I'm about 90% sure Lindsay Duncan added as "Actress" will be Gitara Moroso in a flashback or cold open of that foretelling.

I get that, but Aludran is too close to Aludra

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
For a TV show, it seems very unlikely to have both an Aludra and an Aludran.

But the books had both a Perival and a Pelivar, so...

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

They've already changed one name from the books because it was too close to another name. I'm not sure why they made her a guy but there's no way they made up an entirely new role with a name one letter off a previous character that they would subsequently have to rename.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I will allow this change if and only if Mat still makes out with him

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Rarity posted:

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Rarity posted:

TURTLE SLUT
Dec 12, 2005

Dude seems a bit old for Mat but hey I'm down for horny bi Mat.

RembrandtQEinstein
Jul 1, 2009

Nynaeve’s parents/daughter are 100% showing up in her accepted test. That’s going to be a great episode, hope it’s one of the first three.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

JOHN SKELETON posted:

Dude seems a bit old for Mat but hey I'm down for horny bi Mat.

Mat has massive pansexual energy and I will defend that to the death

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Mat should be like Boorman from the Willow reboot series

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Nap Ghost

Rarity posted:

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Rarity posted:

I'm assuming that's why they're doing it

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

I'm gonna reserve judgment til the poo poo actually releases.

The huge freakout of S1 was people thought Dana the darkfriend was gonna be a gender-swapped Dain Bornhald. 5 days LFG :smugdog:

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Finally finished CoT. Took longer than the others for obvious reasons. 5.5 out of ten for a book that really has no climaxes or thematic resonance or really any sort of momentum. Felt more like the latest episode of a soap opera that has nebulous characters reacting to extend things another week. The rare bright spots are Perrin going for the world's most hard-core hand shake and Egwene's plot, tho the fact that a Salodar Aes Sedai plot is a highlight, which is traditionally very mid, might just be good in relation to everything else.

Eager to start KoD.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Blitzed through the series over the past 9 months, somehow stayed spoiler free through all of it.

Books 8-10 were a draaaag but enough important stuff happens that I didn't feel comfortable just skimming through. Maybe I'd enjoy them more on a reread. From 11 forward the momentum just keeps building though, and I thought RJ/BS managed to stick the landing even if the resolution felt a bit compressed.

Overall points [DO NOT READ SPOILER TEXT IF YOU DO NOT WANT LATE BOOK SPOILERS]:
- Felt like most threads were adequately tied off, but I am scratching my head about what happened to Elaida, Lady Shiaine and Liadrin. I also wish Gaul had gotten a better send-off
- I'm pretty mad that Elayne never sees real consequences for her decisions, but other people do. Gawyn pretty much just exists for Egwene to fawn over and save her life once, other than that he just acts like a brat. Such is royal privilege I suppose
- Demandred coming out of nowhere to scream challenges into the battlefield felt very left-field and forced but led to some cool poo poo including murking Gawyn so I guess it's cool. Seemed like there was some cut content with his affection for some of the Sharans, kinda bummed there was never a delve into that
- Nynaeve can cure Saidin madness and stilling but only does the former once and the latter a handful of times I mean I get why in terms of narrative but lmao
- If you're a big lore person go ahead and memorize all those characters but I didn't feel one bit bad about letting tertiary character names start to blend together
- Throughout the series there seemed to be the insinuation that people can return from the shadow and redeem themselves but I think that only happens to Verin of everyone you meet? I was expecting a lot more intrigue there but nah it's mostly just shadow baaaad
- Carridin seemed to be a dead-end character, I can't remember anything he did except get drunk and yelled at by evil people
- The Sanderson books were a great effort and did not compromise the momentum but seemed noticeably more quippy in a way that was occasionally jarring and awkward.

Not a Children fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Aug 28, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gnoman
Feb 12, 2014

Come, all you fair and tender maids
Who flourish in your pri-ime
Beware, take care, keep your garden fair
Let Gnoman steal your thy-y-me
Le-et Gnoman steal your thyme

Not a Children posted:

- Felt like most threads were adequately tied off, but I am scratching my head about what happened to Elaida, Lady Shiaine and Liadrin. I also wish Gaul had gotten a better send-off

Eliada is seen only once after being taken and enslaved by the Seanchan. She's the damane that gives them the secret of Traveling. "Lady Shiane" (really a Darkfriend by the name of Mili Skane) escapes and is free at the end of the series. Liandrin's fate is left unknown.

quote:

- Nynaeve can cure Saidin madness and stilling but only does the former once and the latter a handful of times I mean I get why in terms of narrative but lmao

Stilling doesn't come up that much, so there aren't a ton of opportunities to Heal it. As for madness, there's implications she did it to whatever Ashaman she could find, but she discovered that just before the Last Battle broke out in earnest.

quote:

- Throughout the series there seemed to be the insinuation that people can return from the shadow and redeem themselves but I think that only happens to Verin of everyone you meet? I was expecting a lot more intrigue there but nah it's mostly just shadow baaaad

Verin redeems herself, Ingtar redeems himself, and there's every indication that Asmodean was genuinely shifting to the side of the angels. That's a lot, really.