Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Annie has the exact same face through this whole page. goggle eyes, dot mouth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Oxxidation posted:

Annie has the exact same face through this whole page. goggle eyes, dot mouth

Not just her, all the robots have the same expression. Approaching B^U levels of repetition.

Cavatica
Nov 2, 2010

Did Annie forget what that button device was for, or are we as the audience supposed to not remember either?

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

... why did Kat zap in parts of a radio and not just a radio? It would be one thing if it was the basic components of a radio and they needed to be soldered on, but... those are finished boards. What?

I will accept "Kat had her apotheosis due to the Zimmyverse and is still learning how to manipulate things, so the radio fell apart in transit".

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
Why is everyone making the exact same small pupil :o face over and over every page. This is not conveying much of a huge impactful event here.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Gunnerkrigg Court: Nothing's happen - huh?

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010

Randalor posted:

... why did Kat zap in parts of a radio and not just a radio? It would be one thing if it was the basic components of a radio and they needed to be soldered on, but... those are finished boards. What?

I will accept "Kat had her apotheosis due to the Zimmyverse and is still learning how to manipulate things, so the radio fell apart in transit".

My guess was "Kat sent an intact radio, and Zimmytime made it break in transit"

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
This is perhaps the stupidest instance of zimmyworld we have encountered yet, literally just draining everything interesting out of it here in favour of dumbness.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Oh thank god, now Annie can hear about how Kat is progressing the plot off panel

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013
What is Annie supposed to be looking at in panel 4?

Arbetor
Mar 28, 2010

Gonna play tasty.

She is holding what I think is supposed to be the backplate of the radio, but is staring at the pointy end of the guy's speech bubble. Those things are serious eye safety risks, donchaknow.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Randalor posted:

Annie has experience snapping technology together and having it work.

Apparently she didn't need to, though.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Wake me when Annie does something of her own volition instead of solutions just appearing in front of her

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Hot take nnie is harem protag tier?

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
We’re still just standing around here verbally recapping the entire last chapter and what’s currently on screen?

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Yeah sort of. Kind of wasting time feels like filler ngl

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

'oh but what about when he sells it in book form?' they deserve nothing

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
"he ate lana" *anime embarrassment sweat drop*

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
LAST TIME ON CALVIN BALL Z

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Somehow, Coyote returned

catapede
Jul 1, 2018

Eatin' fish leaves
Gettin' strong
Had a legit lol reading that last panel.

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Somehow, Coyote returned

Thread title

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

catapede posted:

Had a legit lol reading that last panel.

Really hoping next page starts with Kat saying, "Who?"

bartolimu
Nov 25, 2002

coolusername posted:

We’re still just standing around here verbally recapping the entire last chapter and what’s currently on screen?

Quit complaining. For the first time in a long time, Annie is engaging directly with the plot.

By narrating information we already know to the characters that will make the plot happen off-screen.

Maldraedior
Jun 16, 2002

YOU ARE AN ASININE MORT

Skippy McPants posted:

Oh that, I had a backup. She reprinted automatically up here.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext

bartolimu posted:

Quit complaining. For the first time in a long time, Annie is engaging directly with the plot.

By narrating information we already know to the characters that will make the plot happen off-screen.

And having other characters take the macguffin out of her hand and fix it, too!

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

Skippy McPants posted:

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

My pronouns are She/Heir.

If only images could be thread titles, example #230895

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
Gunnerkrigg Court: he ate Lana... who?

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
poor Lana is really dead this time. Oh no,

Well anyway

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Man, imagine if Lana really is dead, and this isn't the most obvious misdirect in history. That would be so wonderfully dumb.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

The walkie talkie is sweating

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
"For now just tell me what happened" uh that's all she's been doing??

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

say hello to my little friend

There Bias Two posted:

The walkie talkie is sweating

To be fair that's a pretty standard shorthand of anxiety that we've seen before with things like robots, it just feels sillier when we're already annoyed at the comic.

Very funny they're only now doing a 'offscreen passing of time as they explain things that don't need to be recapped to the viewer'. Really had to get a couple pages of POOR LANA in.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Speaking of robots, I just wanted to point out that they were one of the most charming and memorable parts of this comic. Boxbot, the king that draws on his face, Diego and his dark past, etc.

And Tom went out of his way to have a major plotline that entirely replaced them with bland humans and made sure they'd never make the comic funny or charming again.

I've really lost my taste for the new people plotline. Not only did it make the comic lose the robots, but it assumes without question a weird amount of human supremacy - i.e. that being a human is the most superior, desired thing to be for all other organisms - and it relies on Kat's magical genius that lets her do anything she wants for handwaved reasons, which is another thing I'm kind of over.

I dunno. I really kind of hate that it's such a huge part of the comic. And also that it's assumed ALL robots would want to transfer, including the "dead" ones that Kat promised she'd let rest (but didn't and suffered no repercussions for violating).

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Speaking of robots, I just wanted to point out that they were one of the most charming and memorable parts of this comic. Boxbot, the king that draws on his face, Diego and his dark past, etc.

And Tom went out of his way to have a major plotline that entirely replaced them with bland humans and made sure they'd never make the comic funny or charming again.

I've really lost my taste for the new people plotline. Not only did it make the comic lose the robots, but it assumes without question a weird amount of human supremacy - i.e. that being a human is the most superior, desired thing to be for all other organisms - and it relies on Kat's magical genius that lets her do anything she wants for handwaved reasons, which is another thing I'm kind of over.

I dunno. I really kind of hate that it's such a huge part of the comic. And also that it's assumed ALL robots would want to transfer, including the "dead" ones that Kat promised she'd let rest (but didn't and suffered no repercussions for violating).

I agree, though I suppose looking back there have been signs for a long time that this is where the robots were headed. Kat has always been trying to make better and better advancements in making new bodies for the robots, building them nervous systems etc. It's a shame the comic didn't explore some robots NOT wanting to transition into more humanoid bodies, or wanting to transition into more animalistic or fantastical bodies. At first I assumed it was because that would seemingly clash with the cult of Kat stuff, but I think it'd be relatively easy to write that in - "not only can the angel create us new bodies, she creates entirely new forms of life, just for us!!!!" etc.

isasphere
Mar 7, 2013
Yeah. We also never met animals who were former humans living in the forest, only Aly and his bird family right before they left, did we? That at least could have served as a counterweight to "human is best, actually".

edit: That really is a missed opportunity, why didn't Annie ever run into former Court residents in any of her numerous trips to the forest?

isasphere fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Sep 1, 2023

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Has Robot and Shadow popped up at all since the robot-to-human stuff started? If anyone would stay a robot, I would imagine it would be them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Randalor posted:

Has Robot and Shadow popped up at all since the robot-to-human stuff started? If anyone would stay a robot, I would imagine it would be them.

Robot still has an early prototype of the new people body, and the last time he popped up he told Loup he'd keep his secret, implying he had alterior motives. Then he turned around and just told Annie and Kat offscreen because that would have been too interesting.

Shadow... I don't remember what happened to Shadow. I guess he phased out of existence because he was too good for the comic now.