Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

against the storm continues to rule and it’s not even 1.0 yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Ytlaya posted:

"Firearm specialization" seemed to help with keeping my targeting on enemy ACs in arena matches that jump around a lot. I was having an issue with my targeting snapping off of the enemy when they moved around too much, and equipping the arms with high firearm specialization seemed to help.

It's interesting to know that arms can also affect recoil, though. What exactly constitutes recoil in this? Is that when your mech is forced to stop when firing certain weapons (or charged shots)? Or does it also affect something like the consistency of your shots with the gatling gun?

weapons generate recoil when they fire. the way i think it works is that recoil builds up when weapons are fired quickly enough and the recoil stat on arms determines how long it takes for recoil to start throwing off your aim. maybe? one of the reasons why SMGs are really good is because they're like chainguns with significantly less recoil so they're super consistent at close range

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

This drat decal and dressup studio software makes me play some dumb mech game to expand what I can do with it, 1/10

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Al! posted:

here's my guy, in all his glory 🤡

TY I love em!

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
driving a midengine rwd tank on gravel is weird af

https://i.imgur.com/PxQNzCA.mp4

palindrome
Feb 3, 2020

that's some nice AC6 painting. I spent a few minutes going, uh... arms red, guns blue... digital camo pattern 22... weather pattern 2 I guess that doesn't look too hosed up.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
I played No Man's Sky yesterday and the day before since it became available of GFN. I got through the "tutorial" period of getting familiarized with the controls, finding your ship, and all the way to getting to a second planet.

The starting planet that I drew had a toxic atmosphere that required the suit get constant infusions to recharge the life support system, which made it very tedious to get anything done.

The second one had a fairly normal atmosphere and even has regular fauna walking around, and so I decided to try and establish a base there. It was only later that I discovered that it has periodic heat storms, and I almost died during my first one, getting back to the ship's temperate-controlled cockpit just in time before my suit couldn't take it anymore.

A hard lesson having been learned, I started gathering up the resources to build shelter - I'm no architect/interior designer, so all I came up with was a 3x3x3 wooden box with a door on one side, but when a second heat storm passed, I stayed inside and the suit temp never went over 30C. I ended the last session with having built a power source and a teleporter pad, and the next step is going to explore further down the "tech tree" to gather more materials for gadgets and to manufacture them.

I realize it's not that different in its gameplay loop compared to Minecraft, but the presentation matters: not only does the game give you a much better on-ramp to spelling out objectives that you need to meet, and how to meet them, but the setting and the scenario convey the sense of danger and urgency a lot better. Completing that wooden structure and surviving a second storm gave some real The Martian / Interstellar vibes, which was cool.

And speaking of vibes, while NMS is available on the Switch, I've decided that I'm not going to get it there, because a big part of the game is playing it on a big screen, with the haunting soundtrack in your ears, for maximum immersion.

Risutora
Dec 28, 2006

the fight against the oorah marine g1 is absolutely crazy. reinforcements just keep pouring in while hes poo poo talking his underlings for thinking theyre on the same level as you. i keep running out of ammo by the time he finally makes an appearance

palindrome
Feb 3, 2020

That makes NMS sound really fun. I like Minecraft and sci-fi ship exploration. Hell I bought Starbound thinking it would be better Terraria.

I still can't quite believe they fixed the game after over promising so much and releasing it in a bad state.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
NMS is great on a screen and even better in VR but i get annoying bugs in VR, that then get fixed but new ones are introduced in every major patch

last time i was playing i played for about 2h and then suddenly my pico gets disconnected. i check my monitor and see my PC is now sitting on the console login screen instead of the GUI
i log in to see wtf happened and the game, steam, etc are all still running, but i couldn't get back into GUI at all, nor did killing the game/kde and restarting everything help. had to reboot to get the GUI back lmao

never seen something like that happen

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

does it work ok in vr on pc yet

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
i mean, it works fine 99% of the time, it just has weird bugs that will sometimes destroy your GPU until you reboot apparently

performance wise, it's a bit of a bummer that you have to play at very low settings to get the 72fps or whatever your headset runs at but at least it supports it

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Al! posted:

i cant believe this mech building game is asking me to be thoughtful and adaptive with my builds

The day I put a sword on my mech is the day I'm making joke/awful builds in Megamek.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
https://www.mimimi.games/our-final-game/
sad news, shadow gambit was the last mimimi game :<

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

dual minigun, songbird, and quad legs mech has been completely carrying me. Nothing can come close to stopping it

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Truga posted:

https://www.mimimi.games/our-final-game/
sad news, shadow gambit was the last mimimi game :<

not gonna lie, making it pirate themed was the dumbest idea I ever heard

Skaffen-Amtiskaw
Jun 24, 2023

Mr Hootington posted:

How is the cover system?

Can’t say, too busy Macross dancing around in spastic fury trying to hit and not be hit by all the stuff.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Goa Tse-tung posted:

ninjas and pirates are a logical progression, it only makes sense.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Goa Tse-tung posted:

your post is the dumbest idea I ever heard, pirates own shadow gambit owns :v:

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Lostconfused posted:

ninjas and pirates are a logical progression, it only makes sense.

Next one would be cowboys?

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Elias_Maluco posted:

Next one would be cowboys?

That was Desperados.

Skaffen-Amtiskaw
Jun 24, 2023

palindrome posted:

That makes NMS sound really fun. I like Minecraft and sci-fi ship exploration. Hell I bought Starbound thinking it would be better Terraria.

I still can't quite believe they fixed the game after over promising so much and releasing it in a bad state.

We’ve become attuned to the shitsy AAA way of breaking and not fixing and just moving on to the next thing. Hello Games had rep to build up again.

Skaffen-Amtiskaw has issued a correction as of 13:04 on Aug 29, 2023

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7STPNKirko

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
I really need to watch a let's play of BG3. It looks like one of those games I would enjoy watching, but not enjoy playing.

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost
Can't believe I've seen all these ACs and not one has the objectively best: Purple and Gold with a Fleur-de-lis on the front.

Saints Row, bitches!

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

Al! posted:

here's my guy, in all his glory 🤡

Wake up, 621.

Didn’t know dogs could be clowns.

I love it :allears:

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Truga posted:

your post is the dumbest idea I ever heard, pirates own shadow gambit owns :v:

poe 2? bad because pirates
assasins creed 6? bad becuse pirates
fortnite? bad, I assume it has pirates

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

loquacius posted:

If you make a bard do you get to choose an instrument or do they all just kinda shout poetry like Volo?

Volo is a wizard and has been since 2nd edition. he’s just also a dandy and a gadabout

but yeah, as mentioned you get to pick from five or so instruments and you can always loot more later down the line—I got some kind of fancy spider-themed lyre off a drow I killed.

imo pick a weirder race with more interesting dialogue tags than elf. my githyanki warlock has been fun and there’s enough deep gnome stuff in Act 1 I’ve been considering rolling one

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
AC 6: Studded Leather Armor

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Goa Tse-tung posted:

poe 2? bad because pirates
assasins creed 6? bad becuse pirates
fortnite? bad, I assume it has pirates

fortnite is good, and communist

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

I only just got back to my pc to play but in definitely in a from style love hate relationship with AC6. It feels so good to play, I love how all the mech legs feel completely different this time round.

But by God am I smashing into wall after wall.
At least seaspider should go down pretty quick after I took a break but I was raging at the chapter 1 end boss.

I'd like some more setpeice battles against loads of trash and less slamming my dick in the door every other mission.
The wall climber mission is so fun

I already have 3 acs and I've put googly eyes on all of them

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

gradenko_2000 posted:

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

turn off the TV posted:

that's not the actual ac6 cover art though

huh, you're right. those are the exact same circles though, so they must've just slapped them behind the mech on the soundtrack art to make it pop better for youtube thumbnails. lol

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

https://twitter.com/wyatt_privilege/status/1696486584227406012

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Talk about an epic fail

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

oh god i'm excited
https://twitter.com/Succinct_Punchy/status/1696242111144771629

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
bethjank never fails at being unintentionally good

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

tbf you also have to be very careful not to accidentally steal someone's fork and trigger a hostile response while trying to talk to them in BG3 too

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

gradenko_2000 posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

breaking into the hq for the baldur's gate newspaper to stop them from publishing tomorrow's paper saying I like to murder clowns