Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I wish people wouldn’t tag any old poo poo with #legoleaks on Instagram.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Does anyone else collect the Botanical series? I have the regular flowers, wildflowers, and orchids. I'm not sure about the bonsai tree but I'm interested in the succulents and maybe the dried centerpiece.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Does anyone else collect the Botanical series? I have the regular flowers, wildflowers, and orchids. I'm not sure about the bonsai tree but I'm interested in the succulents and maybe the dried centerpiece.

They're all good

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
Bonsai is a top tier set up there with the orchids and bird of paradise

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I do like that the orchids came with their own pot. Same with the succulents. It was a pain in the rear end to find the right vases for the flowers. And thank you.

EDIT: Is the Bird of Paradise even available? I only found out about it now.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
The whole line, even the individual followers, are all good.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
And I didn't even know they sold them individually.

poo poo, I don't got the money for this.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Bonsai leaves are a bit boring to build but worth it. I'd also include the Tranquil Garden in this and it's probably my favorite set.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

And I didn't even know they sold them individually.

poo poo, I don't got the money for this.

I think they're under a different line. But like Lotus flowers just came out and were top tier.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:

I do like that the orchids came with their own pot. Same with the succulents. It was a pain in the rear end to find the right vases for the flowers. And thank you.

EDIT: Is the Bird of Paradise even available? I only found out about it now.

Birds of Paradise is still available, but seems like it is retiring at the end of the year. It looks superb in person and is a pretty quick build too. Target.com had it on sale for $70 during Prime Day, so it'll probably get discounted again. I'm happy that I saved a chunk of cash but if you love the botanical line it's definitely worth full price. It's an absolute stunner.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Pretty sure both the dried centerpiece and succulents are ~$36 apiece at Costco right now.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Thank you all, I really appreciate it. I think I'll get the Bird of Paradise and centerpiece next.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
All you need to know about the bonsai is the cherry blossom version has pink frogs as flowers which absolutely rules.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Hopper posted:

All you need to know about the bonsai is the cherry blossom version has pink frogs as flowers which absolutely rules.

Opposite. Get pink flowers and replace the frogs immediately

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!
I love frogs!

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Antifrog?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

HootTheOwl posted:

OK

But

100 pink frogs

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

The potted plants are so realistic if you don’t pay attention, I’m half tempted to do a case study and sneak one to work and see how often it gets watered

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

FROOGGGGG

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I have to say, the bonsai set is accurate. When I have been in Japan during the Sakura, the trees were most definitely full of frogs.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
The sets I have which most make people do a double take like wtf that's lego are the hokusai art, the orchids and the Typewriter. If my apartment wasn't otherwise full of much more obvious lego they'd probably be even more incognito

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

That's the most frog set of all. :getin:

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
loving Toadies

TheMathyFolf
Sep 14, 2014

HootTheOwl posted:

:mods:

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

I haven't built my Orchid yet, but the Bird of Paradise set sat behind me in my home office for years and have stared a ton at it in context on a shelf with no other Lego around, and it just looks like a plant. The silhouette, shapes, and colors are pretty much true to life.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
The stems are deigned with a bit of flex so it even moves around in the breeze. I really like the bird of paradise and the orchids, if they ever do another plant in a pot model im buying it no questions asked

The bonsai and suculents are also cool.

The ideas treehouse is also nice if you like lego plant stuff as its mostly a very big tree! Im working on the A frame cabin atm and i'm p. Sure the little tree build in the attic is meant to be reference to the treehouse.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

PSA since the smol batwing made me re-examine my hosed up wall fixture in the big one (what you use to hang it - I did it upside down) and it’s really trivial to remove the first couple layer of bricks and then sorta squeeze it out, you’ll see what I mean if you do it. Almost as if they planned for not so smart people like me :thunk:

And here I was thinking the last few years I’d have to completely tear it apart as it’s like step 4 out of 5.000

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

My house is full of the botanicals too, they look really good. We were given a big real orchid display, it’s nice being able to see the Lego version right next to a live one.

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!
I have all the botanicals (and lesser flowers) save for Bird of Paradise (didn't seem elaborate enough to me) and the Dried Centerpiece (I hate dried flowers)

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

I took the frogs off my orchid too!

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I’m normally not a fan of dried flowers but I can tell the centerpiece will look great on the wooden bar I have in the living room.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Bird of Paradise just seems sooooo expensive compared to the orchid, especially when the later is always on sale somewhere.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

I’m normally not a fan of dried flowers but I can tell the centerpiece will look great on the wooden bar I have in the living room.

We put ours on our dining room table. I wasn't expecting it to look as nice as it did

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Orchid >>>> Bird.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

Y’all who think orchid is better haven’t seen bird sway in the breeze (it’s ok, they’re super close and both very good)

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

I'm book 1 down into Rivendell and good lord this is some satisfying building, cheers Mike and the gang

Putting the angled squares onto the roof was surprisingly zen and I had the LotR soundtrack going

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Clearly I wasn't trying hard enough when I buried a skeleton head and a leg at the base.
Still need to add either an arm or a another complete skeleton.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Cooked Auto posted:

Clearly I wasn't trying hard enough when I buried a skeleton head and a leg at the base.
Still need to add either an arm or a another complete skeleton.

Call that bone sai