Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

Caidin posted:

Everytime somebody ends a fight with a "Thanks, you made me stronger" I want Kuroki to explode their hand.

You were truly awesome, Caidin.
One of the top 5 posters I have quoted in a Kengan thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Caidin posted:

Everytime somebody ends a fight with a "Thanks, you made me stronger" I want Kuroki to explode their hand.

Reminds me of the Ippo fights that frequently end in the opponent going "thanks, you made me stronger!" and then you later find out that they quit boxing after the fight due to injuries suffered fighting Ippo

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
I feel like that foot slam from the previous chapter should have really ended the fight. But after a half-dead Ohma survived Wakatsuki, I just stopped caring when Adamantine kata is involved.

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

i don't get the point of retconning his W/L record. Decent enough for an Ohma fight though.

Warden
Jan 16, 2020

UnderFreddy posted:

i don't get the point of retconning his W/L record. Decent enough for an Ohma fight though.

Oh hey, they fixed that and changed the text about his win-loss record in the chapter at Comikey.

Warden
Jan 16, 2020
Chapter 224

I think the stakes established have determined the winner already.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Agito vs Jurota is a cool matchup nevertheless

Vizuyos
Jun 17, 2020

Thank U for reading

If you hated it...
FUCK U and never come back
super not psyched for the new tournament, so i hope the inevitable twist wrecks it completely

it hasn't been that long since we had a tournament between the top kengan fighters and the top purgatory fighters, and it honestly wasn't all that great. so having a tournament between the top kengan fighters, top purgatory fighters, and outside fighters (most of whom will be worm infiltrators anyway) doesn't sound like a ton of fun.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Plutonis posted:

Agito vs Jurota is a cool matchup nevertheless

"I've waited a long time to fight you" is now Jurota's death flag. But props to him for apparently realizing that there's more to Judo than throwing people if he actually throws a punch next chapter.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Vizuyos posted:

super not psyched for the new tournament, so i hope the inevitable twist wrecks it completely

it hasn't been that long since we had a tournament between the top kengan fighters and the top purgatory fighters, and it honestly wasn't all that great. so having a tournament between the top kengan fighters, top purgatory fighters, and outside fighters (most of whom will be worm infiltrators anyway) doesn't sound like a ton of fun.

If Sandro wasn't on his fraud mode since Omega began I'd love to see new matchups.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Vizuyos posted:

hey, that's not fair. most of the kengan and purgatory fighters will also be worm infiltrators for some reason. they couldn't manage to reproduce julius so it's five guys doing pirates docking and no one ever noticed the difference.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Shen’s given up on the whole Worm thing and just hangs out with his boy Uncle Joji

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
Jurota looking like Nitoku in some panels

ChazTurbo
Oct 4, 2014
I like how you can tell when Daro gives a poo poo.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
The only thing I'm curious about is if Lihito somehow gets to compete in this new super mega elite tournament. :v:

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

yeah and he's gonna win too

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
lihito should definitely beat ohma. ohma's boring now.

Warden
Jan 16, 2020
Oh hey, this is actually a pretty nifty fight.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
:bang: It's not judo-only if you never used strikes which Judo has Sandrovich

Eustace
Feb 26, 2009

Brought To You By posted:

:bang: It's not judo-only if you never used strikes which Judo has Sandrovich

Nobody cares about atemi waza

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
For a random figth that just kinda bumbled onto the page, this has actually been pretty good. Get'em you weird judo stalker, you

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Chapter 226.

Cool fight but probably a bad sign to be seeing that guy.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Lmao, I completely forgot due to his generic "stoic strong guy" facade, but yeah Jurota is actually legit unhinged. This is a pretty great fight. :allears:

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

This manga rules so much when it doesn't deal with the loving Kure/Worm/Niko poo poo

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

yeah this loving rocks

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

A bit sad that Arashimaya is losing a bit of his identity as The Ultimate Grappler but still rooting for him!!

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
while they were grappling i was hoping that arashiyama would somehow use a throw. i guess you could kind of say he did, but that's not really what i mean.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I'm still waiting for Arashiyama to grab and then throw himself

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

he's going to start grabbing and throwing air particles at people

Warden
Jan 16, 2020
It's really interesting to see Agito fight someone who is on par with him physically, and who's also insanely skilled at throws and redirection.

Agito outclassed Okubo, Gaolang, Gensai and especially Hatsumi physically, the only one we've seen him fight on-page who's got similar physical specs was Lu Tian and he turned out to be a loving joke.

What I found amusing during Asura was how they made a big deal about how Agito was so much heavier and taller than Gaolang, but when it was the time to measure him against Gensai the analysis was that he only had a slight advantage in build and reach, off-set by the deadliness of the Devil Lance. "Slight advantage" being 16 cm taller and over 30kg heavier.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
I know ohma will beat the connector but I hopped it's kuroki

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Jose posted:

I know ohma will beat the connector but I hopped it's kuroki

Kuroki will job to the connector (make him go 'oh yeah i guess i'll use 50% of my power') so sandro can make him feel even more than a threat i can feel it in my bones

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Kuroki will walk out of the shadows during their fight 'It seems you are still too green, Tokita Ohma' and he and the Connector will fight like Goku and Perfect Cell.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Plutonis posted:

Kuroki will job to the connector (make him go 'oh yeah i guess i'll use 50% of my power') so sandro can make him feel even more than a threat i can feel it in my bones

100% the reason why Kuroki feels that he’s still “green” is because he fought/ watched the Connector fight in the past and got his poo poo wrecked

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
What fantasy fights would people like to see? Inaba ryo Julius would be very funny

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
julius vs. anyone except that boring maori guy would be funny.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I want to see Ivan Karaev vs Kuroki

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Plutonis posted:

This happening only for Lihito to defeat the connector would be the greatest thing. It's gonna be Ohma though

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Jose posted:

What fantasy fights would people like to see? Inaba ryo Julius would be very funny

Cosmo vs Gaolang for Submission vs Striking overspec clashing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Lihito has the superhuman hands, which is a key advantage over the connector. If he allows the connector to strike him, he can simply grab his skull and crush it