Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I guess Arx Fatalis and the M&M game where you kick dudes were baller but they old as hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cardboard Fox
Feb 8, 2009

[Tentatively Excited]
Gonna turn down the settings until it looks like Space Invaders to get 60fps average.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Does the FSR look blurry as gently caress or is it aight.

Can prob get 60 FPS at 4K with FSR but I'm hoping it's a decent implementation, the lack of DLSS is truly balls. They could have put Frame Gen on this bitch and it would have been beautiful.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I tried this game and it was merely OK

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

smoobles posted:

I heard some people say Starfield sucks and it's bad?

I mean its mid as gently caress but we all knew that would be the case right? Just look at the post count in here compared to the BG3 thread.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

ImpAtom posted:

There is also (minor spoiler)

A Power that lets you slow down time for a short period of time. Probably the most powerful one in the game..

Hey unrelated question Imp but, what's the deal with factions? Mutually exclusive to join? Semi-exclusive? What the deal is~

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Deathloop was boring as hell

I kept feeling that that was on me, but it's clear I wasn't alone. And Prey is an all time top 5 or whatever.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Captain Oblivious posted:

Hey unrelated question Imp but, what's the deal with factions? Mutually exclusive to join? Semi-exclusive? What the deal is~

You can join multiple factions without too much trouble. For something like the Crimson Fleet you have the choice of joining them legit or going in undercover as a UC agent so you can still do some of their stuff without going full evil if you want. They have their own unique questlines and usually have a nice prize at the end like a powerful ship or your own penthouse.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
press the button todd.

Cardboard Fox
Feb 8, 2009

[Tentatively Excited]
I'm only interesting in joining the ~evil~ faction.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Cardboard Fox posted:

I'm only interesting in joining the ~evil~ faction.

Minor spoiler here:
Fastest way to do this is to go to New Atlantis with something contraband in your ship. You'll be 'invited' to the UC to go undercover in exchange for having your fine waived.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

todd push the button let me kiss my ship

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Im gonna fail my will save dammit

I’m signed up for GamePass but I think I’m going to buy the deluxe edition on Steam, it’s gonna be the way to go for mods anyway

Todd :argh:

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Deathloop was boring as hell and was basically the biggest signifier that Redfall was gonna be rear end, well that and the fact that they only ever made one actually great game and that was Prey.

wrong as hell dishonored was good

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Al! posted:

wrong as hell dishonored was good

I didn't like Dishonored because it felt like worse Thief and I just wanted another Thief game that wasn't mega-dick.

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

CLAM DOWN posted:

todd push the button let me kiss my ship

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Actually that gave me the idea for what I wanna name my Starfield character, I'm gonna call him Taffer

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

I didn't like Dishonored because it felt like worse Thief and I just wanted another Thief game that wasn't mega-dick.

i feel that, but for me they hadnt really made a good Thief game since Thief 2 (old ttlg grognard here) and it made a good enough replacement. also stephen russell ftw

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005

victrix posted:

posting this to quote later when I remap the default keys and none of the sub-menus or special case prompts respect the changed buttons making the entire gameplay experience loving aggravating

Thank you for sharing my pain

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

In terms of RPG elements/Factions, is this more like FO4 or New Vegas?

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

You can join multiple factions without too much trouble. For something like the Crimson Fleet you have the choice of joining them legit or going in undercover as a UC agent so you can still do some of their stuff without going full evil if you want. They have their own unique questlines and usually have a nice prize at the end like a powerful ship or your own penthouse.

How is the "space pirate" experience, in general? I doubt the game is any good in this, but I'm asking just in case
-Are there 'trade routes' for cargo ships for you to assault?
-Can you threat other ships for them to give you their cargo? your gold or your life! arr matey!
-Is there any kind of reputation system if you blow up people?
-Are there space cops that appear after a while if you attack someone?
-any kind of 'inhibit transponder' mechanic?

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Al! posted:

i feel that, but for me they hadnt really made a good Thief game since Thief 2 (old ttlg grognard here) and it made a good enough replacement. also stephen russell ftw

I think Thief 3 just barely edges in as a good game because some of the levels were very memorable but it had a lot of dogshit inbetween.
Tho ngl, that's kind of Thief in a nutshell, all of them have missions that are despised by fans. Thi4f was just utter pap.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
some solid diamond frog material right here.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Turin Turambar posted:

How is the "space pirate" experience, in general? I doubt the game is any good in this, but I'm asking just in case
-Are there 'trade routes' for cargo ships for you to assault?
-Can you threat other ships for them to give you their cargo? your gold or your life! arr matey!
-Is there any kind of reputation system if you blow up people?
-Are there space cops that appear after a while if you attack someone?
-any kind of 'inhibit transponder' mechanic?

-There are not, but you can take on missions to find ships or gamble on them RNG generating in the space zone you warp in to
- Yes, you can hail and demand they drop cargo. There is even a skill that makes this work on higher level ships
- You'll get bounties with whoever runs the sector of the galaxy you are in
- Sometimes, yes.
- When targeting an enemy's systems you can blow up their Grav Drive to stop them from escaping if that is what you mean.

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Maybe this post will get me on your ignore list!

Do you I break my no preorders rule to play this now or just wait for gamepass?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

I think Thief 3 just barely edges in as a good game because some of the levels were very memorable but it had a lot of dogshit inbetween.
Tho ngl, that's kind of Thief in a nutshell, all of them have missions that are despised by fans. Thi4f was just utter pap.

theyd developed some kind of engine that had rudimentary rag doll physics and dynamic for t3 and dx, but they released it the same year as doom 3 and half life 2 lol. just bodied

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

jaegerx posted:

Do you I break my no preorders rule to play this now or just wait for gamepass?

it's just a weak

e:lol, "week"

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Al! posted:

theyd developed some kind of engine that had rudimentary rag doll physics and dynamic for t3 and dx, but they released it the same year as doom 3 and half life 2 lol. just bodied

Coincidentally, the first game I can remember with ragdoll physics was another stealth game, the very first Hitman lol

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Rinkles posted:

it's just a weak

e:lol, "week"

lets be real, how smart were these motherfuckers for doing it on a three day weekend. hats off to the business ghouls, you got me too

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
im sorely tempted to just take chef/unarmed maxed whateveries and be space casey ryback

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

I haven't researched the game much at all so it's my fault but I thought there was actual space exploration and going to planets. Instead you're just in a pocket of space, the planets are 2D you can't fly to them, and exploring is basically done in menus, bummer.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Barreft posted:

I haven't researched the game much at all so it's my fault

yup it is

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

if you want a good simulation of spaceflight from station to surface id recommend elite dangerous or everspace 2. both are profoundly boring to me but theyre good sims

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

Al! posted:

lets be real, how smart were these motherfuckers for doing it on a three day weekend. hats off to the business ghouls, you got me too

Yup. I'd have waited no prob but a 3 day weekend was the kicker.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Barreft posted:

I haven't researched the game much at all so it's my fault but I thought there was actual space exploration and going to planets. Instead you're just in a pocket of space, the planets are 2D you can't fly to them, and exploring is basically done in menus, bummer.

Might want to recheck some of that

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

-There are not, but you can take on missions to find ships or gamble on them RNG generating in the space zone you warp in to
- Yes, you can hail and demand they drop cargo. There is even a skill that makes this work on higher level ships
- You'll get bounties with whoever runs the sector of the galaxy you are in
- Sometimes, yes.
- When targeting an enemy's systems you can blow up their Grav Drive to stop them from escaping if that is what you mean.

better than I expected.

About the last part, I referred at how your ship identifies yourself to other people, the equivalent to one's flag, if we continue the parallel with sea pirates, so it's important to faction/reputation management. Starsector is a game with a very solid system for it
https://starsector.fandom.com/wiki/Transponder

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

let me put ac6 style decals on my ship, todd

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Barreft posted:

tbh you should have expected this the moment you saw "bethesda"

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
can you put kill marks on your ship?

mods?!
(er...in a different context)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Can I make right wing bumper stickers and put them on my friends ships when they’re sleeping?