Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

ImpAtom posted:

Power is dead forever. Denji might befriend the Blood Devil but they are pretty explicitly not going to be Power. (Not to mention Power's corpse-host-body was blown to pieces anyway.)

Imp, I like you a lot, and it's not that you're wrong, but shut the gently caress up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

if anything happens to Nayuta, I am going to be upset.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Namnesor posted:

Imp, I like you a lot, and it's not that you're wrong, but shut the gently caress up

Sorry. :(

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

It's... It's just, I'm not actually mad, but some truths are better kept on the inside.

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Humanity's real enemy is me!
Hya hya foowah!
Don't open that door.

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

Power is dead and it would cheapen her story to bring her back

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe

ImpAtom posted:

Power is dead forever. Denji might befriend the Blood Devil but they are pretty explicitly not going to be Power. (Not to mention Power's corpse-host-body was blown to pieces anyway.)

You are right and you should say it.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

RevolverDivider posted:

cheapen it, I say

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Calling it now: Whip and Spear are a couple. She's a sadist, and he's doormat masochist (the spear has replaced his backbone, he's literally spineless). They're both terrible people, but they have an incredibly loving, happy, and healthy (albeit strange) relationship. Basically, they're like Nadja and Lazlo from What We Do in The Shadows or The Monarch and Dr. Mrs. The Monarch from Venture Brothers: good for each other, bad for the world.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

CharlestonJew posted:

cheapen it, I say

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

Nayuta has the same bite as Makima. Depending on the implications of that, the new Blood Devil being similar to Power in personality is still in play.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

chiasaur11 posted:

Nayuta has the same bite as Makima. Depending on the implications of that, the new Blood Devil being similar to Power in personality is still in play.

Specifically it's the bit a Pochita that the Blood Devil absorbed that makes it possible at all.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Also it looks like Reze, and Quanxi did not join up with Chainsaw church.

Edit: Samurai Sword too, which makes sense given that he hates Denji.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Aug 30, 2023

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Cephas posted:

Don't open that door.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQB-d3AuCg8

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Cephas posted:

Don't open that door.

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008
loved this chapter, just stared in awe at the first panel for like 40 straight seconds

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

MonsterEnvy posted:

Also it looks like Reze, and Quanxi did not join up with Chainsaw church.

Edit: Samurai Sword too, which makes sense given that he hates Denji.
didn't they all die

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
didn't Denji die in like the first chapter

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Wow i need to reread the series

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Nihilarian posted:

didn't they all die

We are still not sure what it takes to completely kill a hybrid and considering that these 4 survived it would be strange if the other hybrids were dead.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Yeah by all indications so far hybrids are capital I Immortal, you can put them down for a bit but doing their activation trigger (denji’s ripcord, katana man unsheathing his hand, Reze’s pin etc) and feeding them some blood will sort them out no problem.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

It seems like the only genuine way to kill a hybrid might be to force them to break their contract.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Honestly after finding out chainsawman turbomurdered the concept of nazis i didn't expect anyone to be able to brush it off and keep going

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

ImpAtom posted:

Not if he makes a deal with the time warp devil and goes back in time to save his friends leading to there being two chainsaw mans :shepface:

Nihilarian posted:

Honestly after finding out chainsawman turbomurdered the concept of nazis i didn't expect anyone to be able to brush it off and keep going

I think the people joking that chainsawman ate the Y2K devil might be on to something tbh. If Chainsawman ate something like the millennium devil, then it'd just be the 90's forever, wouldn't it? Being able to wipe entire concepts from reality is absolutely wild.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

chainsaw man just straight up killing and eating the concepts of Nazis and AIDS and such is so high concept and blew me away when I read it

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Pochita was really the goodest boy. :3:

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

Yeah by all indications so far hybrids are capital I Immortal, you can put them down for a bit but doing their activation trigger (denji’s ripcord, katana man unsheathing his hand, Reze’s pin etc) and feeding them some blood will sort them out no problem.

Kishibe straight up differentiating between Denji being immortal and Power being half immortal seems like such a small thing during their training but I never really thought to connect the dots for the others.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

kinda wonder why they specifically need Chainsaw Man to transform of his own volition. trying to get him to break the deal with Public Safety?

On a narrative level, I would guess it is less about Denji transforming of his own volition and more about Chainsaw Man simply being present. Chainsaw Man is central to the church's purpose: they want to put Chainsaw Man in a good light, having him save the city from devils while Public Safety is unable to do anything, or perhaps the Church needs him present to bring about a war.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
I just came to the realization that the reason why there's only weapon hybrids is that they are tools to be wielded and thus are more amenable to cooperating with humans and ultimately most effective when wielded as well. Also I suspect it's not just weapons, but tools in general. I wonder if there's some other scary tool devils out there that have hybridized like pochita did. Wood lathe man...

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Lamebot posted:

I just came to the realization that the reason why there's only weapon hybrids is that they are tools to be wielded and thus are more amenable to cooperating with humans and ultimately most effective when wielded as well. Also I suspect it's not just weapons, but tools in general. I wonder if there's some other scary tool devils out there that have hybridized like pochita did. Wood lathe man...

ice pick

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Nihilarian posted:

Makima explicitly mentioned that Chainsaw Man did that to weapon humans, and it didn't do anything to their existence.

When being erased from reality won't kill you, immortal just might be the best word.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Lamebot posted:

Chainsaw man imposter is actually the table saw devil

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Lamebot posted:

Also I suspect it's not just weapons, but tools in general. I wonder if there's some other scary tool devils out there that have hybridized like pochita did. Wood lathe man...

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

We already have a Hammerman

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Dang thats sick.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Weirdly, his power is to stop time.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

RevolverDivider posted:

Fujimoto could do it and explain it in any way and i will just nod my head while cheering & casting my vote for her

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

this was a PBF comic originally right?

also, imagine all the other hybrids have cute pochita type animal/weapon hybrid forms when weakened, like a sword cat, or a bomb... possum?

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

graham cracker posted:

this was a PBF comic originally right?

Yes

https://pbfcomics.com/comics/mrs-hammer/

(also I thought the latest comic was really neat and as someone who's read the strip on and off it feels like the author leveled up in several ways lol)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

there was a mini twitter saga about that, click through the quoted tweets

https://twitter.com/_artino_l_/status/1524430079773667329

i think there were some other ones but i cant find them