Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

CelticPredator posted:

I’m intrigued by it but I know it’s gonna be another let down. No way they’re gonna give me the goods

Wnuf 2 is even more of what u disliked about wnuf 1 so not for u.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

MacheteZombie posted:

Wnuf 2 is even more of what u disliked about wnuf 1 so not for u.

So evil. They included my favorite things in the world and did me dirty

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

CelticPredator posted:

So evil. They included my favorite things in the world and did me dirty

Lol sorry man, I really enjoy them personally.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KISNE4qOIBM

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

MacheteZombie posted:

Just gimme wnuf2 on bluray

They made a sequel?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

ruddiger posted:

They made a sequel?

Yeah it's called "out there Halloween mega tape"

PinkoBastard
Oct 3, 2010
I thought the sequel was a little too silly for my tastes when I watched it last year but I’ll give it another shot around Halloween. I really like the original WNUF, even though the commercials are more “fun” than actually funny. New slip is loving sick but I’m not double dipping on a slip. Unless I do

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I might get that slip if I order other things, WNUF is pretty great. Is there a recommendation for shelves for blu rays/box sets? I’m using a shelf from target but just about out of space and the size of the cubes for each shelf on it are pretty perfect for vinyl so I was wanting to move my collection to something else.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Big Mean Jerk posted:

gently caress, that’s way better than the old slip. If I were an insane person I’d probably buy it.

It me, Insane person, i spent $10.99 on a slip to sheath my un-slipped copy.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
I'd pay $10 for a legitimately cool looking slip for a movie that I loved. In this case I'm not really into this particular movie but I'd definitely consider it in general. $10 seems pretty reasonable actually.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Custom slips and cases are extremely cool, for sure. I was thinking of getting a custom slip for The Final Girls I saw on eBay but ultimately decided against it, but they're a great idea.

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

I think the only slipcover I'd buy seperate is the KL The Good, The Bad and The Ugly 4k. But I know it's dummy expensive now.

I wish someone made bootlegs, the other two in that trilogy HAVE the slipcovers and it bothers me that one doesn't :mad:

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

esperantinc posted:

I think the only slipcover I'd buy seperate is the KL The Good, The Bad and The Ugly 4k. But I know it's dummy expensive now.

I wish someone made bootlegs, the other two in that trilogy HAVE the slipcovers and it bothers me that one doesn't :mad:

The shop is currently closed till tomorrow, but IIRC they had a custom one here for Good, Bad Ugly.

https://www.ebay.com/str/sidehustlecinema

I've purchased two custom slipcovers from them already (Malignant and the UHD version of Slumber Party Massacre 1 & 2) and was pretty happy with them. I can post photos in a bit.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.
i have the old slip so i'm not interested, but the new one is pretty great.
honestly though, i didn't care for wnuf that much, mostly just didn't enjoy the build up, but i did skim through 'out there' and the ending is just such a mean spirited gut punch, i kinda love it.

MacheteZombie posted:

Just gimme wnuf2 on bluray

yeah it's kinda wild the dvd is more expensive than the wnuf blu????

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://www.mediaplaynews.com/kino-cult-packaged-media-label-launches/

quote:

Home entertainment distributor Kino Lorber is launching its Kino Cult genre brand as a packaged-media imprint focusing on collector-oriented Blu-ray and 4K Ultra HD releases.

The Kino Cult imprint will debut as its own label in October 2023 with special Blu-ray editions of Jess Franco’s erotic horror masterpiece Lorna … the Exorcist (1974, featuring Lina Romay), as well as 4K restorations of Alien Outlaw (1985) and The Dark Power (1985), two video rental favorites from North Carolina indie Phil Smoot.

Kino Cult’s premiere 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray release will be a deluxe edition of Clive Barker’s Underworld (1985), directed by George Pavlou, and featuring Denholm Elliott and Ingrid Pitt. Upcoming 4K releases for 2024 include the exploitation classic Ilsa: She-Wolf of the SS (1975) and its sequels, Ilsa: Harem Keeper of the Oil Sheiks (1976), Ilsa the Tigress of Siberia (1977), and Ilsa, the Wicked Woman (1977).

While focusing mainly on horror and science fiction, Kino Cult will continue to embrace its trademark brand of “unapologetically weird” with such diverse genres as European erotica, grindhouse classics, and cinematic rediscoveries that defy categorization.

“Some of the most exciting rediscoveries are happening in the realm of cult cinema,” said Kino Cult curators Frank Tarzi and Bret Wood. “These strange and twisted movies are so unique that we feel they deserve their own imprint within the Kino Lorber family of labels.”

Kino Cult will expand its partnership with legendary cult label Something Weird, with collector’s edition releases to be announced soon.

Additional Kino Cult releases will be announced monthly.

PinkoBastard
Oct 3, 2010

Jesus Christ

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
Oh, Alien Outlaw? What a momentous event!

VoodooXT
Feb 24, 2006
I want Tong Po! Give me Tong Po!
I saw that earlier. Personally, I think this is signaling the beginning of the end of the boutique label specializing in schlock.

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

dorium posted:

The shop is currently closed till tomorrow, but IIRC they had a custom one here for Good, Bad Ugly.

https://www.ebay.com/str/sidehustlecinema

I've purchased two custom slipcovers from them already (Malignant and the UHD version of Slumber Party Massacre 1 & 2) and was pretty happy with them. I can post photos in a bit.

Well, they certainly know their audience. I paid less for the drat movie itself than they want for the slip, heh. Now if it was 14$ like all the rest, I'd jump in a heartbeat.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

My copies of Stardust Brothers and Kamikaze Girls from Terracotta came in today. Stardust Brothers is clearly All Regions, but despite being called Region Free on the website, Kamikaze Girls has Region 2 or Region B on the box. That said, popping it into my PS5, the Blu-Ray booted up with zero issue, but the DVD with all the special features is definitely Region 2. Still great purchases, and I love how both cases have that bright pink background so they look great together. I'll just have to wait 'til I get my all-region player to enjoy the special features but it's such a small deal, just wanted to spread the word in case anyone else was looking to buy it from them.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

My VHS copy of Psycho Goreman is on its way lmao

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Vinegar Syndrome releases this month:

Evil Judgment
Arnold
Curse of the Screaming Dead
Ghost Nursing
An Eternal Combat
The Films of Enrique Gomez Vadillo (Verano Salvage, Johnny Chicano and Muerta en el Playa)

Partner labels:

Coming Out
Day of the Panther/Strike of the Panther double feature
The Defilers/A Smell of Honey, A Swallow of Brine double feature
Fugue
The Hard Part Begins
Hitman's Hero
Knight Chills
Out of Time: The Material Issue Story
Slopes Game Room: Sega the Complete History Vol 1
Visitors from the Arkana Galaxy
We Kill for Love
What Doesn't Float
Will Your Heart Beat Faster?

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

Hopefully that Rudy Ray Moore set will still be available during the Labor Day sale. Definitely want that.

60 bucks! Couldn't pass it up at that price. Almost bit the other day at 80 but decided to wait. Also grabbed a couple other things to get over the free shipping hump.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Yup, snagged it too! So glad I waited! I was ready to just give up and only get Human Tornado and Dolemite, but we are in!

The rest I'll have to wait and see on, depending on money, when my partner gets home from work. I'm eyeing Blood Harvest, Tammy and the T-Rex, Wakaliwood Vol. 1, Def By Temptation, and a few others, plus just crawling around seeing what's available on discount in general, but none of them except Wakaliwood and maybe Blood Harvest are musts for me.

That's wild that Slope's Game Room gets a Blu-Ray set. Good for him! I've been a long time subscriber, though I don't watch all his stuff.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I might pick up the Sega history thing later but I had to cut myself off

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Okay, I'm adding one more to get for myself - Thrust! I don't care how good or bad the movie is, that was filmed right here in my town, had a showing at our local arthouse theater I couldn't go to at the time, and stars a bunch of people I know! Didn't know VS was putting this out!

VoodooXT
Feb 24, 2006
I want Tong Po! Give me Tong Po!
There are roughly 400 copies left of Snapshot. Do not sleep on Snapshot, it's REALLY good.

melvinthemopboy3
Sep 29, 2008

Chris James 2 posted:

Vinegar Syndrome releases this month:

Evil Judgment
Arnold
Curse of the Screaming Dead
Ghost Nursing
An Eternal Combat
The Films of Enrique Gomez Vadillo (Verano Salvage, Johnny Chicano and Muerta en el Playa)

Partner labels:

Coming Out
Day of the Panther/Strike of the Panther double feature
The Defilers/A Smell of Honey, A Swallow of Brine double feature
Fugue
The Hard Part Begins
Hitman's Hero
Knight Chills
Out of Time: The Material Issue Story
Slopes Game Room: Sega the Complete History Vol 1
Visitors from the Arkana Galaxy
We Kill for Love
What Doesn't Float
Will Your Heart Beat Faster?

We’ve reached the point of just putting YouTube videos on blu rays, eh?

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

ordered Def By Temptation and Snapshot.

I ordered that Rudy Ray Moore set too soon. Missed out on saving some extra bucks.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

melvinthemopboy3 posted:

We’ve reached the point of just putting YouTube videos on blu rays, eh?

That's been a thing for ages. I have the Homestar Runner DVDs from way back when, AVGN has a blu-ray box set out with 164 episodes, etc.

melvinthemopboy3
Sep 29, 2008

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

That's been a thing for ages. I have the Homestar Runner DVDs from way back when, AVGN has a blu-ray box set out with 164 episodes, etc.

Yeah I had the Homestar DVDs, but that was a real homegrown kinda thing as I recall. Seems like we’re reaching the bottom of the barrel if a boutique label is going that route. Nothing against Slope, he seems like a fine guy.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

melvinthemopboy3 posted:

Yeah I had the Homestar DVDs, but that was a real homegrown kinda thing as I recall. Seems like we’re reaching the bottom of the barrel if a boutique label is going that route. Nothing against Slope, he seems like a fine guy.

It's being put out by etr who've put out docs on the goldeneye game, vcrs, video stores, and vinyl. Definitely in their wheelhouse

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Looks like I got my 4k BD player just in time. That VS sale is great, with the Rudy Ray Moore boxset the absolute highlight.

PinkoBastard
Oct 3, 2010
You fuckin know I bought them Friedman films and an AGFA tote boys

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

MacheteZombie posted:

It's being put out by etr who've put out docs on the goldeneye game, vcrs, video stores, and vinyl. Definitely in their wheelhouse

Oh snap, going to do a double feature of the goldeneye doc and the console wars one. i doubt i'm going to learn anything new or unexpected but why not

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Got an eviction notice that they're tearing down my building and putting up condos. Decided this VS sale is probably the last Cool poo poo I get to do for a minute so I snatched up the Incredible Melting Man 4K and a Blood-A-Rama Triple Frightmare.

Trash is the only thing that makes it feel better. :smith:

PinkoBastard
Oct 3, 2010

caligulamprey posted:

Got an eviction notice that they're tearing down my building and putting up condos. Decided this VS sale is probably the last Cool poo poo I get to do for a minute so I snatched up the Incredible Melting Man 4K and a Blood-A-Rama Triple Frightmare.

Trash is the only thing that makes it feel better. :smith:

Great picks, I absolutely love the Blood-o-Rama, worth it for Carnival of Blood alone (if you’re mentally deranged)

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:
Keep an Eye Out is fantastic and worth being added to your order imo.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

so watched cemetery man last night and, by god, it's brilliant. definitely buying the 4k when it comes out. i have to imagine they release it before year's end?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

abelwingnut posted:

so watched cemetery man last night and, by god, it's brilliant. definitely buying the 4k when it comes out. i have to imagine they release it before year's end?

IIRC they mentioned they only just started work on the restoration. Probably still only thinking about / arranging for any sort of extras/artwork/box art commissions.

I'm thinking Late Summer/Halloween 2024.