Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Would you like some tofu?

Looks like Delkira really was the glue holding the current netherworld together. Baal may have gotten Shura's support but he's delivered the Three Clans straight into Iruma's hands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
I'm still a little unclear about exactly who Shura is and where she fits into all this.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.
She's a god and has a crush on Baal now.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Rand Brittain posted:

I'm still a little unclear about exactly who Shura is and where she fits into all this.
They explained it pretty thoroughly early in the new crowns party

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Archer's Wrath
Iruma's such a good and earnest kid, and he absolutely just got the backing of one of the great heroes with just this chapter. Baal can kick rocks.

Oh yeah, he's mad

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I assume the leader of the clan has a bullseye on his chest is because he's daring anyone of the clan to come take a shot at the king.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
They have made a mighty enemy this day.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
lmfao perfect

yep, when it's depression time, it's unkempt, uncaring, sweatsuit and holed up in my room time

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
well, some rando just put up 3 more chapters, haven't read past the first few pages of the first of them but the translation seems reasonable enough.
https://mangadex.org/chapter/70a31529-e11c-4363-bcf3-bfd0f4713a7b

good to see the leader is just as much of a dumbass as the rest of them

I am not sure I like Stupid Sexy Sullivan

e: lol

question, have we seen Delkira's size before? because, uh, he's fuckin' gigantic. like, if that's sullivan standing next to him, then he's a straight up 50-foot-tall capital G Giant.

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Aug 31, 2023

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Delkira's special magic is that he gets bigger the more he's flashed back to.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Captain Invictus posted:

well, some rando just put up 3 more chapters, haven't read past the first few pages of the first of them but the translation seems reasonable enough.

Thanks for the warning, I'll wait until Misfits releases theirs (even if this one is better than the last MTL trash snipe).

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Misfits just put up an extra chapter. Oh no amelie's a cop

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

Misfits just put up an extra chapter. Oh no amelie's a cop

You can tell Nishi had fun imagining all of the cast as humans but Kirio was truly inspired
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoWom0CCRKM

There's also going to be an expansion of the Mafia AU doodles that Nishi drew this year or last year.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
Misfits chapter 312 Words I've Always Wanted to Say is up.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Sabro as a firefighter fits really well for some reason.

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
i too would watch Lied's streams to make sure he's still small

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
Misfit's chapter 313: Preparation, Thy Name is Resolve

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Chapter 1 of the Mafia AU spinoff has been translated.
I really like this and I'm glad we're getting even a short series with these new takes on the cast.
That casual panel of a young Iruma learning the ins and outs of torture. I guess we'll be seeing the AU version of Marbas-sensei in the coming chapters as well as other faculty of Bablys. I really like this new take on Opera, compared to the always polished and professional (but with a lot of snark). Having a more messy and feral Opera is a nice juxtaposition. Also lol at the page when they realize it's either being Iruma's servant or death, Sullivan had the least changes to his character because he more or less threatened Iruma in the main manga with death as well.

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."
Opera being gendered feels weird.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Poltergrift posted:

Opera being gendered feels weird.
Translator for this chapter said they will stick with male pronouns unless Nishi confirms otherwise. The japanese raws are the typical gender neutral though.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
Ah so it's the translator being an rear end, got it.

Edit- Oh it's 4chan, of course it is.

Cirina fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Sep 24, 2023

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
good thing misfit scans isn't going on permanent hiatus or anything

now to take a big sip of water before checking out their latest release,

FrozenPhoenix71
Jan 9, 2019

YES bread posted:

good thing misfit scans isn't going on permanent hiatus or anything

now to take a big sip of water before checking out their latest release,

To regrettably piggyback off this:

Chapter 314: The Joy of Conversation

Also announced is Misfit Scans is going on an indefinite hiatus as a large enough amount of members have moved on that they're down to a small number of hands.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I'm so used to gender-neutral Opera I mentally changed the pronouns to They.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Ah, that's a shame. They did a really drat good job, especially with the Lilith's Red Carpet finale.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

FrozenPhoenix71 posted:

To regrettably piggyback off this:

Chapter 314: The Joy of Conversation

Also announced is Misfit Scans is going on an indefinite hiatus as a large enough amount of members have moved on that they're down to a small number of hands.

Not looking forward to the inevitable rush of MTLed garbage.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
https://mangadex.org/title/d7037b2a-874a-4360-8a7b-07f2899152fd/mairimashita-iruma-kun

The 4chan translations of 315 to 317 just dropped. Misfits might still have these coming along, or we might as well buckle in for subpar translations from now.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
Going to stop reading until misfits is back myself.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Cirina posted:

Going to stop reading until misfits is back myself.

I think I'll wait a bit to see if they finish up these 3 chapters since they said they were in the works, and hope someone better than 4chan picks up the series after that.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
there's a new chapter.

oh poo poo.

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."
Not misgendering Opera this time! Yay!

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

I like this reveal better than if Kalego had heard it out loud during the Devilcrum. Balam is such a bro to Iruma and the Kalego; not verbalizing the truth but Kalego knows him enough to read that blank face.

I also liked the past chapters of the tea party and the flashback for the teacher. Nishi is very good at juggling her cast and the number of group dynamics that are going on keep the cast from feeling like it orbits just Iruma himself and keeps the world feeling like everyone lives in it.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

you know a lot of stuff is bad at actually writing this kind of really long-term baked-in friendship in a way that makes it look like the characters could still have conflict and tension between them. like balam legitimately did not know which way kalego was going to go there but i still believe if kalego had not told him to not answer, he would not have lied to him, even knowing it could make things extremely spicy

and none of that really had to be spelled out. it was all there in the body language and what we already know about these guys. this manga beats rear end

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
nishi is a profound dude understander for only the truest of bros rushes over with ibuprofen when he hears you're on your demon period

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
also as someone who has only recently caught up on the manga i would like to say that it owns

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Patware posted:

you know a lot of stuff is bad at actually writing this kind of really long-term baked-in friendship in a way that makes it look like the characters could still have conflict and tension between them. like balam legitimately did not know which way kalego was going to go there but i still believe if kalego had not told him to not answer, he would not have lied to him, even knowing it could make things extremely spicy

and none of that really had to be spelled out. it was all there in the body language and what we already know about these guys. this manga beats rear end

And it goes both ways as we've seen like with Balam's ranking reveal or in the omake for Walter park. These two have had each other's back for years and I don't need to see it to understand that kind of history exists.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
It's..!

LostRook fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Oct 13, 2023

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Something's up with your link.