Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

CobiWann posted:

Neil's last movie was 2018, so enough time has passed for Vince to discover it.

Do you mean besides the one that is in theaters right now and I am going to go watch 17 hours?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Majinfoose posted:

idk man, watch a better wrestling show

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Every time I think of Seth’s laughing gimmick I think of this video: https://youtu.be/os5qX998gME

Imagine not watching wrestling and seeing that

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Lid posted:

everyone could see from a mile away the guy in The Shield was Dean Ambrose as he had ridiculous Terry Funk energy, a brutal style, promos, and lol had to lean over to not show he was significantly taller than Roman

wonder what happened to Dean

He was absolutely the guy that was ready right then and there and they should have went with it while the other two built themselves up to match.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Lid posted:

everyone could see from a mile away the guy in The Shield was Dean Ambrose as he had ridiculous Terry Funk energy, a brutal style, promos, and lol had to lean over to not show he was significantly taller than Roman

he's been on vacation, going on for four years now

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Lid posted:

wrestling in bingo halls down south

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 08:39 on Sep 3, 2023

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Testekill posted:

https://twitter.com/KXNGAO/status/1698178043544580331

Seth is so done. He's one of their younger main eventers and is still absolutely washed.

Looks fine

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Punk going to show up at Raw or Smackdown to attack this man

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Fine maybe but it's funny that Seth has the Onega gimmick of taking other wrestlers moves but whereas Onega does them as good or better (the V-Trigger started as him stealing the Bombaye) Seth always just does his worse

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Kemmy Onega

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Rarity posted:

Kemmy Onega

I hear the barrel ply

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Rarity posted:

Kemmy Onega

Kemmmy

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Lid posted:

I heard he quit wrestling and now works at a poorly managed Target.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

1glitch0 posted:

I heard he quit wrestling and now works at a poorly managed Target.

No no that was Dean Douglas. Easy mistake to make though.

emjayo
Apr 11, 2013

hard to believe that seth “freakin” rollins is cheesy as hell but here we are

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

TheKingslayer posted:

No no that was Dean Douglas. Easy mistake to make though.

Wrestling has more than one
Target manager

inconsequential
Feb 6, 2004
Watching WWE is wild, they clearly pipe in this crowd noise but you can see the audience just...not reacting almost at all. Every once in a while one guy would throw his hands up. Why are they there? Why come to just sit quietly? So bizarre. I didn't think the Ripley match was too bad, and I think slowing things down from time to time in a match is overlooked in other companies, but it's clear that's the edict for every single match in WWE and it sucks.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

inconsequential posted:

Watching WWE is wild, they clearly pipe in this crowd noise but you can see the audience just...not reacting almost at all. Every once in a while one guy would throw his hands up. Why are they there? Why come to just sit quietly?

Rampage this week was like they. Really bad obvious crowd sweetening.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

inconsequential posted:

Watching WWE is wild, they clearly pipe in this crowd noise but you can see the audience just...not reacting almost at all. Every once in a while one guy would throw his hands up. Why are they there? Why come to just sit quietly? So bizarre. I didn't think the Ripley match was too bad, and I think slowing things down from time to time in a match is overlooked in other companies, but it's clear that's the edict for every single match in WWE and it sucks.

It's not just WWE. Wrestling crowds can be like that. I dunno what causes it. I've gone to shows in the same cities and sometimes nobody is making a sound and sometimes they're super into it. And I'd say the quality of the shows were roughly the same.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

doesn't seem to be enough toxicity in the wwe lockeroom nowadays other than the management so it'd be nice to see cm punk get in there and really shake things up a bit

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Every time I think of Seth’s laughing gimmick I think of this video: https://youtu.be/os5qX998gME

Imagine not watching wrestling and seeing that

For me his laugh is just taking Christopher Lambert's laugh and making it go longer and more manic, but that back of the throat cackle is still in there
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FswhQmILLU

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Lid posted:

Fine maybe but it's funny that Seth has the Onega gimmick of taking other wrestlers moves but whereas Onega does them as good or better (the V-Trigger started as him stealing the Bombaye) Seth always just does his worse

He did the knee spots as a junior, he does both the standing bicycle knee and the running knee into the ropes when he loses the title to KUSHIDA at WK10, if anything the knees were introduced as a counter to Taguchi’s jumping hip attack

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
counterpoint to negativity: seth rollins rules and every time ive seen him (tho i missed the main last night) he is incredibly over with the crowd endlessly singing his intro music until he finally takes over and talks into the mic

maybe they were down on him last night since i missed it but that would be surprising!

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Soul Glo posted:

counterpoint to negativity: seth rollins rules and every time ive seen him (tho i missed the main last night) he is incredibly over with the crowd endlessly singing his intro music until he finally takes over and talks into the mic

maybe they were down on him last night since i missed it but that would be surprising!

Being over doesn't mean you're good unless you're calling LA Knight a good wrestler.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Pylons posted:

Being over doesn't mean you're good unless you're calling LA Knight a good wrestler.

i didnt say he was good wrassler, just saying it aint all bad!!!!!!!

i like his ridiculous presentation, hes fun.

e: i also think la knight is fun, it's a good time to root for dudes that are having fun and connecting with the crowd and not being force fed poo poo like suffering succotash anymore.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

You don’t have to be good at wrestling to be a good pro wrestler

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Defiance Industries posted:

Do you mean besides the one that is in theaters right now and I am going to go watch 17 hours?

Oh poo poo, I didn't realize Cade: The Tortured Crossing was finally out! Time to check my local listings!

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
id be more likely to think the guy who hasnt had a good match since 2018 was the issue in that match more than the guy who has consistently solid matches

like, seth isn't a workrate monster at the level of a gunther or even a late-era sheamus, but he's solid, just pretty generic and has unmemorable matches outside of the curb stomp spots. been the same basically his whole career in wwe (and from my understanding in roh). i'm happy he's still over and while i am in no way clamoring to see him on aew or anything i think it's good that wwe has a top-of-the-card workrate guy to go with their midcard workrate guys.

on the other hand nakamura is washed as poo poo and while he seemed to have fun in that match he clearly just doesn't have a top gear anymore, and there's no match that will change that. that's kind of sad and i wished he was better positioned in like a fun heel stable or something instead of spending the last year and a half in miserable-sounding singles matches.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Soul Glo posted:

Having a WWE crowd cheer for you is not impressive.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
Anyone who didn't watch Seth Rollin's indie career are blessed, because he came from an era in ROH/late 00's Indy Wrestling where every match was between 30 minutes and an hour long and mostly uninteresting. I cannot remember a single Tyler Black match I prefer to any of his WWE matches other than multi-man matches, and even Rollins' best WWE matches are multi-man matches too

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Tampa Bae posted:

Anyone who didn't watch Seth Rollin's indie career are blessed, because he came from an era in ROH/late 00's Indy Wrestling where every match was between 30 minutes and an hour long and mostly uninteresting. I cannot remember a single Tyler Black match I prefer to any of his WWE matches other than multi-man matches, and even Rollins' best WWE matches are multi-man matches too

The big thing I remember of his ROH run is him being one of the many, many, many times ROH had a guy ready to be a hot top babyface and dragged out the 'becomes a top star' part to the point of fans hating them so much a heel turn was needed to salvage things.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

he was great in ROH

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

WWE audiences seem to do well when there is some cue for them to make noise, e.g. entrance themes you can sing along to, but not when it comes to genuine reactions.

It reminds me of how during the pandemic they had a guy on the zoom call directing people’s reactions. Maybe they could save themselves the trouble of piping in noise if they just lit up “CHEER” and “BOO” signs

bartok
May 10, 2006

How many times has Nakumura busted his rear end in WWE? All I got is his NXT debut against Sami Zayn. He doesn't need to put on bangers so he doesn't it's very WWE of him.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
watching the Eva Marie film. it's no Money Plane, that's for sure.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

yea ok posted:

he was great in ROH
I disagree but I hated the Rollins/Richards era of ROH main events which was double the length of a normal match and half of the drama of the japanese style they were trying to emulate

Optimist with doubt
May 16, 2010

Scoop Lover

:vince:

he knows...
This is the highlight of Tyler Black on the indies
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFCtdBCz41U

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

The real highlight is that gif of him getting absolutely trucked by kevin steen while doing his goofy hardcore dancing entrance

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

History Comes Inside! posted:

The real highlight is that gif of him getting absolutely trucked by kevin steen while doing his goofy hardcore dancing entrance
That's more or less the highlight of Alex Riley's career too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Disco knows what fed stans crave.