Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Underneath he has a velvet, yummy tummy you wish you could just stroke and squish all day! Ahh! But on top... On top it's a whole different story... On top he is a scary stiff stabber!
Let's Play: Yes, Your Grace - (18) Nothing But The Tooth

Aaannd, that's all I can recall, Your Grace. Considering how much I drank that night, it's quite remarkable I remember anything!

Surely you can remember more than that? Did you see anything suspicious, anyone wandering off where they shouldn't?

Lady Lena was staring at Lorsulia's dress a bit too much, if you ask me. But nothing else, I'm afraid...

And we are glad your daughter has been found safe and well.

I think we have examined all the guests, Your Grace.

And we haven't heard anything out of the ordinary.

Talys' soldiers were the main bulk of our army. Solving the murder case will surely convince Ivo to aid us in battle. Whoever did poison Talys must have planned it out to the smallest detail. If you find any leads, do let me know, Your Grace.

Talys wasn't anyone's favorite person, but you'd need to have a very good reason to murder the King of Atana. We mustn't lose focus on our main goal, however. Radovia won't wait for us to resolve this.

In this situation we shan't rely on Talys'... Ivo's army. We need to seek help from other Lords, in case we can't convince Ivo in time. As for the army... We will need to reach out to neighboring Lords, make allies, sign treaties.

It sounds like you're in quite a pickle, Your Grace.

You're still here?

Speaking of allies, treaties, et cetera... I have a hefty army waiting for orders. I can throw in some extra gold and supplies to aid you, too. 230 men, and 6 gold!

You do want something in return, I presume?

Lurs... From Pendle, Your Grace. He stopped delivering spices to my associates in Branca. Turmeric, caraway, anise... Food's as bland as hell without all these... Persuade Lurs to renew the deliveries, and my men will aid you in the battle, Your Grace.

I will see what can be done.

Very well, Your Grace.

Now that's a start. We should invite Lurs over, see what we can do. I have also marked areas of interest on the map. It might be worth checking them, maybe we can find a piece of gold or two. We don't know when Radovia will show up, but we need to start preparing for the battle as soon as possible. I have made a note of things we can do on our weekly summary, Your Grace. We should be able to deny payment for our agents. We can't expect them to work if you don't pay them, but at least we can save a coin. Maintaining our army will also cost us supplies. It only gets more difficult from now on, Your Grace. Ohh... and here are the petitioners... Perhaps the servant will shine some light on the case?

We should see what's going on with those spices. Would you like to invite Lurs, Your Grace?

Not now. Let me think about it.

Ah yes... Atana can be very pretty.

But also very dangerous. You don't want to be caught out in the rural wind-storms. We should reply to Lorsulia. Tell her it's good to hear from her.

Of course, what should I ask her?

Hmm... I'm not sure... Maybe the girls have some questions.

Of course, let me know when you're ready to write the letter.

No sign of the Radovians at the West post, Your Grace. We did find a hell of a mess though. They left 2 gold and 2 supplies behind. They must have gone away in a hurry.

We meet again, Your Grace. A shame what happened to King Talys. Truly. But still, we ought to review our business, I'm afraid. As we discussed with Queen Aurelea, we have covered the costs of the dress. As this isn't your first loan from us, I will have to add 10 gold fee to your total debt. This would bring everything to 60 gold! As usual, everything is repaid in weekly instalments of 10 gold.

Thank you.

Ah, youngsters these days! What wouldn't we do for them! Now, is there anything else I can help with?

That's it for now.

The Bank de Florentini is always happy to help!

Y-you have called for me, Your Grace.

Tell me what happened during the wedding night.

I... I, I don't know... Your Grace. I was... I was only bringing food and drinks. Like I was told. I... I'm so sorry, Your Grace. I swear... I swear I did nothing, by the gods! Please, please don't punish me... I swear... I didn't know these drinks were poisoned. I... I only picked them up from the kitchen and brought them to the ceremony... I swear I didn't know, Your Grace...

Who hired this servant? Boy, stop crying and tell me something useful... Have you seen anyone suspicious around the castle?

No, Your Grace... I have seen no one, please... Let me go, I promise I didn't do anything. B-but... T-the Dungeon guard might know something! H-he has mentioned he saw someone in the wine cellar that night! I-I don't know anything else though, I swear!

I believe that narrows our search then.

You may go, but don't leave Davern until after the Royal Trial.

T-thank you, Y-your Grace.

Your Grace, my son... a disgrace to the family! I sent him to gather some brushwood in the forest. Turns out he is too dumb to find a way back home! Do you think you could help us find him? I mean, there's no rush...

No rush you say? Wait in the lobby and I will call you back once I've discussed this with my advisor.

I'm needed in many places right now, which is understandable. I should comfort my family before speaking to the Dungeon guard.

Darling?

What happened at the wedding was awful... I still can't believe Talys was poisoned! It could have been me!

Do you think Lorsulia will be all right? Ivo seemed very upset...

I'm sure she will be fine. As soon as we find out who's responsible for this, we can renew our treaty with Ivo.

Who could have done something so terrible?

It must have been one of the guests. We are gathering evidence. When we have enough proof, we will call the Royal Trial.

Alright, darling. Let's hope it gets resolved quickly.

Lorsulia sent a letter. Our daughter has arrived safely. She seems to like Atana.

I'm quite jealous of her. Atana is a beautiful place. Their castle is much better than ours too!

I hope she will learn her way around soon.

I'm sure she will, darling. When you write to her, tell her I'm sending my best wishes to both of them. Ask her how she is dealing with all of these new things, and what has she been doing without her sisters?

Of course, I don't want to write her a full-length book. I'll see what I can do.

Thank you, my darling. I think I'll get some rest.

I'll let you rest.

Hmmm... These needles could be useful.

Yes, Father?

I hate that you had to see that...

Yeah... The wedding didn't really go to plan, did it?

No, what happened was terrible.

The wedding went fairly well until then. Although Lorsulia's dress was quite embarrassing. I can't believe you chose that one for her. I'd never let you choose my dress!

I tried my best to choose something good. I thought she'd like it!

Mother seemed to love it!

Lorsulia sent a letter. Your sister has arrived safely in Atana. She said you would love it there.

I'm sure I would, if I ever got to leave this castle...

You would be able to leave the castle if you behaved better...

Yeah, right... When you write to Lulie, can you ask her about Ivo? What is he like? I just can't imagine having to leave here and live with some strange man.

If there is any free space in the letter, I'll ask her.

Thank you.

This paving stone looks like it was moved... If I could get something sharp and thin to lift it... Hmmm... A sword would be too thick. It needs to be something smaller. I could use this needle...

I got it! A piece of paper. Oh, it appears to be some sort of letter. It has a map of the castle. It reads:

Find wine in the cellar.
Mix it with 7 drops of the substance in a glass.
Be seen by no one.

It looks like an instruction letter, to whoever poured poison in Talys' wine... It's beautifully decorated with some flowers. We don't usually decorate our letters. It would be too costly... Maybe we can trace those drawings to the person who has written this. Perhaps I could give ask Stan to conduct an investigation?

Your Grace.

How are you doing? Is everything alright, Cedani? Last week's events... were quite distressing for all of us...

I don't understand why this would happen... How could someone eat Smudge? Dusty is gone, and now Smudge is... Well... Smudge is six feet underground... But then again, I couldn't dig that deep, so I just covered him with a rock. It's so boring here without Lulie! You prooomissed you'd convince her to stay! Is she even going to visit us?

I'm sorry she had to go. I couldn't keep her here. She had to go, Cedani. One day you'll also find a prince you'll want to go with.

Eww! I hate boys! I'll never do that!

Lorsulia wrote a letter! I'm about to reply something to her. Do you want me to say anything from you?

Ohh! Yes! Tell her I'm taking her bed chamber! Mother let me! Or... No... Tell her Asalia read her diary! No... That's not right.

I have very limited space, Pumpkin.

So I can only say one thing?

Yes.

Oh... This is too big of a decision. I will come to you later, when I think of something good enough!

Fine. Don't worry about it too much, she will write more letters.

But the first one is the most important!

Well, come and see my whenever you're ready.

How can I help, Your Grace?

I've heard you know something about Talys' death? Tell me about what happened during the wedding night. The servant said you saw someone?

Saw someone? No... But I have found this! It's some kind of tooth, I think.

Hmm... And how did you obtain this item?

I was guarding the prisoners, Your Grace. Well... I might have had a drink or two with the other guards. It was a time to celebrate after all! I never left the Dungeons, of course! Until the end of my watch, that is...

What happened at the end of your watch?

I was doing the usual check of all the cellars, yes... a little unsteady, but that's where I found the tooth.

Where exactly did you find this?

In the Wine Cellar, Your Grace. I didn't see anyone going in there, though.

Well, they probably crept in while you were busy drinking...

I'm sorry, Your Grace. I really didn't mean for anything bad to happen.

Did you have anything to do with Talys' death? It would be very much in your interest that the deal doesn't go through.

How could I do anything from behind these bars? I've got to say... Whoever killed your King has put you in a difficult spot.

You don't say...

Your Grace.

Have a look at this letter... I have found this in the Gardens. It has unique decoration, do you recognize it?

No, Your Grace, I have never seen such elegant writing neither. I can ask around to see if anyone in the village knows anything. Do you want me to?

As much as this is of grave importance, you are needed in a lot of places right now. I will discuss this with Audry and we shall decide where you are needed the most.

Darling?

I have a lead on the investigation. I have found some clues that might lead us to the person who's behind Talys' death.

What have you found?

This animal tooth is a very exotic thing. We don't have dragons anywhere near Davern. A guard found it in the wine cellar.

It could be from a merchant, or someone who's dealt with big beasts before. Maybe take it to a hunter, see if he can tell where exactly this tooth came from.

We don't have a hunter in the castle. I'll ask Audry to put the word out that we're looking for one. I have found this letter in the gardens. It contains instructions about pouring poison in a wine glass, and a map of our castle. The letter seems to be decorated with flowers, like in the olden days. How can we trace this letter to whoever wrote it?

This is a very important piece of evidence, Eryk. Ask a general if he knows of anyone who decorates their letters in such a manner. If he is available he'll probably be at the wall. I need to speak to Audry about sending this letter to Lorsulia and some other matters.

How can I be of service, Your Grace?

Tell me about our battle preparations.

What would you like to know about, Your Grace?

Is our army ready to confront the enemy?

We are in a difficult situation. We cannot be sure if Ivo will support us with his army. We need to focus on making as many Lords our allies as possible. Our scouts reported that we would need a battalion of at least a thousand soldiers.

How goes the investigation?

I have prepared a table for you with the overview of all of our evidence. When we find evidence items, they will be shown on there, together with the information we have gathered about each one. We can question Lords about the items we have found so far.

Let's write a letter to Lorsulia.

Of course, what should I write?

Ask her about Ivo, what is he like as a husband? How is he dealing with... his father's death? And say that I wish to give him my condolences. Mention that we are working on finding the murderer.

Very well, Your Grace. I will write her a letter. We should anticipate a reply within a couple of weeks.

Council Meeting

Welcome back! You are all aware of what happened at the wedding feast and how dire the current situation is. King Ivo has removed the army that he sent to protect us and we cannot rule out the possibility of retaliation. Even though we know that King Eryk is innocent, he will be standing trial for the death of Talys. We are launching our own investigation into the murder and I will keep you all updated of how things progress. Princess Lorsulia is now in Atana and who knows what will happen to her now that our alliance is broken, all we can do is pray that they treat her well. Before I begin with the court issues I would like to inform you of the changes to our treasury.

Stan is currently our only agent but I have put word out to hire more. When any agents become available to hire I will add them to the list as well as the amount it will cost to employ them. Now that Talys is dead, so is our agreement that Atana pays for Stan's wages, so he will now start to be paid from our own treasury again. If we want an agent to be available for the week ahead, we will have to pay for them in advance.

We are also in desperate need of an army and we all know that an army marches on its stomach. We will need to feed them every week and the bigger that our army gets, the more food that we will need to feed them. We will need to make alliances and we need to start making them soon.

I have taken the liberty of paying for Stan's wages this week as he is going to be needed, especially now. But going forward I will let you decide who we will be hiring for the week and where we will be sending them. I really hope to find more agents soon as there are a lot of places where agents are needed right now.

But before we do, we did have one petitioner arrive in court today whose son has gone missing in the forest. We can send Stan to look for him but he will be gone for two weeks, we can give him 7 gold as compensation or we can send him on his way. Before you make a decision about Stan, let's talk about the evidence against King Eryk and business in the local area.

Evidence

We have found two pieces of evidence so far that may help with clearing King Eryk's name. One of these is a big, pointy animal... or monster... tooth? We don't have big creatures around the castle. Someone lost it in the wine cellar. We don't have any further leads at the moment and we will need to consult an expert as soon as we find one.

The other piece of evidence is a letter which contained this message:

Find wine in the cellar.
Mix it with 7 drops of the substance in a glass.
Be seen by no one.

The letter is beautifully decorated with flowers and it looks expensive to produce. We can give Stan the letter so he can try to trace where it comes from. But that does mean he will be gone for two weeks.

Map

We currently have several locations of interest on the map. We can send any of our agents to these locations but right now our only agent is Stan. If we send an agent to any of these locations they will be gone for a week. Exploring these locations could reveal resources as well as encounters with people who need help or who could help us.

We can send Stan to any of these places if you believe that he isn't needed elsewhere.

Allies

There are a lot of potential allies that we can invite to our court and we can conduct some business with most of them with the exception of the Atana royalty. We don't have any further business with Lady Ada and the Banker currently. We can invite anyone to court but we do have two leads at this time which we can look into. Lord Etton has proposed an alliance but he would like us to speak with Lurs first to resolve a matter. We should also speak to Lady Lena as she was in attendance at the wedding. We can invite anyone to court but we can only invite one person. Who shall we invite?

Thank you for your patience in these matters. This has been our longest meeting so far but there is a lot to take in right now and there are some important decisions that we need to make. There is no doubt in my mind that this is only the start of a tough road ahead and it's only going to get more complicated from here on out. Normally I'd call for a recess right now but it's getting late and there is a lot to think about. We shall reconvene tomorrow at the same time, if you cannot make it then please send a trusted messenger with a letter regarding your decisions.

Rocket Baby Dolls fucked around with this message at 22:35 on May 20, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheDavies
Mar 27, 2010
The most important thing is to obtain enough evidence to ensure that His Grace can demonstrate he had no involvement in the tragic death of the visiting monarch; therefore, give Stan the letter.

As for the petitioner, we obviously can't send Stan to assist him. I would normally be inclined to offer him some compensation, but since we are presently paying off a loan that I advised against taking, I suspect that we will to save every coin for our own purposes. Therefore, send him on his way.

Finally, as Lady Lena has the largest assembly of troops at her disposal, as well as offering both gold and supplies, I would suggest that we invite her to at least hear out what she will ask for in exchange.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

As it may be helpful to grow our army anyway, I suggest we invite Lurs and see if they are open to being on speaking terms with Etton.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

TheDavies posted:

The most important thing is to obtain enough evidence to ensure that His Grace can demonstrate he had no involvement in the tragic death of the visiting monarch; therefore, give Stan the letter.

As for the petitioner, we obviously can't send Stan to assist him. I would normally be inclined to offer him some compensation, but since we are presently paying off a loan that I advised against taking, I suspect that we will to save every coin for our own purposes. Therefore, send him on his way.

Hear, hear!

sb hermit posted:

As it may be helpful to grow our army anyway, I suggest we invite Lurs and see if they are open to being on speaking terms with Etton.

Also hear, hear!

BassMug
Jul 19, 2022
Well, the peasant doesn’t seem too fussed about their missing son, so I concur; let’s Send them on their way. Not like they’d use gold to look for the boy, judging from their attitude.

We need to clear our good king’s name, so I also concur with giving Stan that letter.

With any luck, Lurs will be a simple matter of diplomacy… but with our luck, well. It’s the best shot we’ve got at getting some manpower around here.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Send this peasant on his way. He probably doesn't even have a child and just made up a story for coin.

This letter feels like a red herring to me. Why would they keep it here and not destroy it if not for a false lead? Send Stan to Kosano. I'd like the man to fetch some good hardwood for my carpenter to use for a new desk.

Her Ladyship Lena would be a good start.

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
I'm generally in fair of helping our peasants as much as possible. We need their support.

But now that we have to pay a loan for a dress which we couldn't use, we don't have seven gold to spare.

We could have gone wiht the old dress instead of the one our daughter didn't want, but noooo.

For now, send Stan to investigate the letter

Talk to Lurs

jkq
Nov 26, 2022
Let's give Stan the letter and have him investigate.

Send the peasant on their way, they didn't seem that concerned, and 7 gold is a lot of money (enough to build an inn!).

Invite Lurs, hopefully we can get an alliance with both him and Etton.

Rocket Baby Dolls posted:

As much as this is of grave importance, you are needed in a lot of places right now. I will discuss this with Audry and

Seems like something is missing here?

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.
Clearing His Grace's name is of the utmost importance! Give General Stan the letter and find out all we can about the assassination.

Also, send for Lord Lurs right away, and if we can form an alliance with him and Lord Etton in one fell swoop, it will mean gold, supplies, and soldiers for our kingdom.

People process grief differently, and even though the petitioner conveys a lack of urgency, a missing child is no small thing. Since Stan is needed elsewhere, give the man seven gold pieces and hopefully he may hire his own search team and locate the missing boy.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Underneath he has a velvet, yummy tummy you wish you could just stroke and squish all day! Ahh! But on top... On top it's a whole different story... On top he is a scary stiff stabber!
The investigation is optional but I will be doing it in this LP because we all like a happy ending, right? If we don't complete the investigation in time we will be judged to be guilty of Talys' murder, the game doesn't end but we still face a huge penalty.

I'm not sure how I'm going to handle the world map situation at this moment in time. There are only three locations on the map right now but that's going to start growing over the weeks. There is a list of the villages in the surrounding area which will be manageable, but there are also going to be other points of interest and quest locations popping up as well.

I also forgot to add Lady Lena as a person of interest as she was at the wedding. I'll add it to the update retroactively, feel free to adjust your votes if you want to.

jkq posted:

Seems like something is missing here?

Thank you, I've fixed it now.

Edit: I still don't know the name of the white-haired man who was at the wedding.

Rocket Baby Dolls fucked around with this message at 10:30 on Sep 6, 2023

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Tell the peasant to go and look for his own son. If he'd done that instead of coming here to bother us he'd have found him by now, and we need our single agent and our gold too much.

(Why we can't just send a couple of spare people to go and search is beyond me.)

Get Stan to follow up on this letter. We need to resolve this so we can get our only ally back.

Invite Lurs, hopefully we can sort him out quickly so we can gain a second ally.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

It's been a few days since the last vote so I'm closing it now. If all goes well I'll have an update up on Monday.

Stan
Give Letter - 7
Kosano - 1

Peasant
Compensate - 1
Send Away - 6

Invite
Lady Lena - 2
Lurs - 7

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

I will be posting the next update shortly but I just wanted to make you all aware of a change to the last update. I re-use images for convenience's sake, which is working for the most part. But I overlooked the fact that the slab in the gardens was crooked and I should have accounted for it. So I have replaced this image:

With this image:

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Let's Play: Yes, Your Grace - (19) Week Ten Summary

Council Meeting

Let's resume the meeting. I just want to add that I'm pleased that I haven't had to execute anyone just yet. Although some people will have to answer for that ridiculous dress. Let us begin by resolving this issue with the peasant's missing son.

TheDavies: We obviously can't send Stan to assist him. I would normally be inclined to offer him some compensation, but since we are presently paying off a loan that I advised against taking, I suspect that we will to save every coin for our own purposes. Therefore, send him on his way.

Quackles: Hear, hear!

BassMug: Well, the peasant doesn’t seem too fussed about their missing son, so I concur; let’s Send them on their way. Not like they’d use gold to look for the boy, judging from their attitude.

Slaan: Send this peasant on his way. He probably doesn't even have a child and just made up a story for coin.

jkq: Send the peasant on their way, they didn't seem that concerned, and 7 gold is a lot of money (enough to build an inn!).

Bregor: People process grief differently, and even though the petitioner conveys a lack of urgency, a missing child is no small thing. Since Stan is needed elsewhere, give the man seven gold pieces and hopefully he may hire his own search team and locate the missing boy.

Black Robe: Tell the peasant to go and look for his own son. If he'd done that instead of coming here to bother us he'd have found him by now, and we need our single agent and our gold too much.

I will tell the King to send him on his way. I can't see why he and his villages could't organise a search party of their own in the first place. Now, where shall we send the General?

Bregor: Clearing His Grace's name is of the utmost importance! Give General Stan the letter and find out all we can about the assassination.

Black Robe: Get Stan to follow up on this letter. We need to resolve this so we can get our only ally back.

jkq: Let's give Stan the letter and have him investigate.

BassMug: We need to clear our good king’s name, so I also concur with giving Stan that letter.

wedgekree: For now, send Stan to investigate the letter

Slaan: This letter feels like a red herring to me. Why would they keep it here and not destroy it if not for a false lead? Send Stan to Kosano. I'd like the man to fetch some good hardwood for my carpenter to use for a new desk.

TheDavies: The most important thing is to obtain enough evidence to ensure that His Grace can demonstrate he had no involvement in the tragic death of the visiting monarch; therefore, give Stan the letter.

I concur with giving Stan the letter. We still don't know when the royal trial is taking place so it's best that we prepare ourselves as soon as we can. The final order of business is deciding who to invite to our court next week.

sb hermit: As it may be helpful to grow our army anyway, I suggest we invite Lurs and see if they are open to being on speaking terms with Etton.

Also hear, hear!: Also hear, hear!

Slaan: Her Ladyship Lena would be a good start.

wedgekree: Talk to Lurs

TheDavies: Lady Lena has the largest assembly of troops at her disposal, as well as offering both gold and supplies, I would suggest that we invite her to at least hear out what she will ask for in exchange.

Black Robe: Invite Lurs, hopefully we can sort him out quickly so we can gain a second ally.

jkq: Invite Lurs, hopefully we can get an alliance with both him and Etton.

BassMug: With any luck, Lurs will be a simple matter of diplomacy… but with our luck, well. It’s the best shot we’ve got at getting some manpower around here.

Bregor: Send for Lord Lurs right away, and if we can form an alliance with him and Lord Etton in one fell swoop, it will mean gold, supplies, and soldiers for our kingdom.

I'll send an invite to Lurs right away. Thank you for your time! I shall see you all in a weeks time, unless there's another crisis in the mean time... Take care of yourselves!

Thank you for your patience. I have made a decision about your son. I'm sorry. There's no way I can help. You could always try the neighboring villages. Ask around.

Oh... It's fine. I guess that's one less mouth to feed. Although I'll miss his ugly face...

I have made a decision. Take this letter and find out where it came from. Please do it discreetly, and don't mention it's about Talys' death... We don't want anyone to find out we have a lead. Come and see me in the Throne Room if you find anything.

Yes, Your Grace.

End of Week Ten!

Inventory

Archives

The Wedding

Ivo

Investigation

Spices

Cedani

Flood Damages

Lost Loafer Son

Rocket Baby Dolls fucked around with this message at 08:09 on Sep 12, 2023

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

This is only a quick and small update, apart from the archive entries. The Flood Damages entry is a bit of a weird one as there isn't anything about repairs in the next week, I believe that this entry refers to the issues in the first week and it's only just showing up now. I'll start working on the next update soon.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Such a concerned father. How could the King turn him down :geno:

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

I've made some changes to some of the earlier updates (02, 03 and 04) to bring them more in line with how the format of the LP has progressed now. I've also amended the first council meeting to change peoples quotes to how they were originally written and I've also added most of the votes from people to add to the chatter.

Edit: I may have to redo the images\gifs when the LP is over as the saves for the first two weeks have been overwritten.

Slaan posted:

Such a concerned father. How could the King turn him down :geno:

If we gave him money he would have run off declaring that he's going to tell everyone to lose their children so they can earn a quick buck.

Rocket Baby Dolls fucked around with this message at 11:04 on Sep 11, 2023

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
What are the odds the other lord, the Lady, had you lock up a very specific prisoner, used that exchange to sneak a Confederate into your prison and thus prepare a poison for Talys?

On the other hand, she only showed up because you invited her, and you said that this happens regardless.....

Only your family have actually appeared in your courtyard, for whatever spicy paranoia that may provide.

Seven drops? Man, if it has anything to do with that snake oil you bought, that peasant you gave it to is extra super dead.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

There's no doubt that an order was made and a subordinate carried out the task, we just need to find out who gave the order.

The person behind the poisoning could have been someone at the wedding or it could be someone unknown to us whose motives we do not know yet.

There is one person who is looking very suspicious right now but I'm not going put any fingers.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

I'm just kind of confused as to the motive. It's being treated as if it was a deliberate assassination, but the instructions were to poison the wine in general and not a specific glass. So either they had means of assuring Talys got the first poisoned glass, or they just wanted somebody to die at the wedding and didn't care whom.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

The instructions are pretty vague but Talys was definitely the target.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Bregor: Clearing His Grace's name is of the utmost importance! Give General Stan the letter and find out all we can about the assassination.

Minor thing but you have the same quote from me twice

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Bregor posted:

Minor thing but you have the same quote from me twice

Whoops, thank you for pointing it out. I copied and pasted the wrong sentence.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Let's Play: Yes, Your Grace - (20) A Spicy Situation

You have called for me, Your Grace.

I've heard that you have stopped supplying Branca with some resources... Spices, I believe?

I suspect you've been speaking to Etton... He trades my spices with Praciss to get Fortune Dabs. Ummm... Some call it Dipu Dabu. But it's most commonly known by the name of Oracle Dust. I've heard about Radovia. I can help... If you aid me in return...

What's Oracle Dust?

It has medicinal uses of course, but also... recreational. Highly addictive. It's particularly popular amongst priests and the like. Something about spiritual enlightenment... Makes a lot of coin, but ultimately costs people's lives. I want no part in this. Shame I'm losing sales though...

Praciss? That's far away. I've heard enough.

Your Grace, I urge you to help me curtail Etton's plans. Do not buy any Oracle Dust. And if you hear of anyone trying to sell Dust, don't hesitate to put them in the Dungeons. If anything suspicious happens, make sure I'm the first to know. If you do the right thing here, be sure that my army will stand by your side when the war begins! 200 soldiers. I can also help with 6 supplies. I heard Etton is selling Dust near Kaski. The first step in the right direction would be to stop their deliveries.

I will see what Lord Etton has to say about this first.

Just don't let that buffoon get under your skin, Your Grace!

We should invite Lord Etton, Your Grace. Make sure Lurs is saying true before we decline Etton's alliance. He should be here next week if we send a pigeon immediately.

I have this animal tooth... I found it in my Wine Cellar, can you tell me anything about it?

It looks like a healthy animal, no holes or chips. I'm not sure what animal it could have come from. I'm not much of an expert on beasts.

This letter is on very decorative parchment, do you know where it could have come from?

Decorations, hmmm. Maybe it's more like a page from a book. Are you sure it's a letter?

Yes, I'm sure it's a letter...

I can't help in that case, I know of no Lords who illustrate their letters.

That's all for now.

As you wish, Your Grace.

I am sorry for what I said last time, Your Grace. I cannot think straight sometimes. The thing is, someone is after me. But how can I find out who it is? I don't have a clue. If I tell anyone that I know, then they will know, and that is worse, right?

How can I help you if you won't tell me exactly what's happening?

Your Grace, you don't understand.

Tell me what you did to make someone want to come after you.

I... I just... I saw man and... No, that's not it... I don't know... I can't tell you, Your Grace, what if this person is listening?

Please wait with our guard in the next room, I will speak with my advisor to see if there is anything that we can do.

Your Grace... I hate that Lorsulia has left already... She looked very pretty in her dress. She would look beautiful in any dress! I already miss her, Father. When I have a wedding, can I wear the same dress?

Of course you can, Cedani.

Mother said Lorsulia sent a letter, and that she's fine. Have you already replied to her? Have you asked about Dusty?

I haven't asked her about Dusty yet.

Can you please, please ask Lorsulia about the cat, Father? Where does he sleep? What does he eat? Is he alive even?!

Yes, yes, Cedani. I will ask her about the cat.

Ah, thank you, Father! I mean... Your Grace!

Father, you promised to practise sword fighting with me, remember? Maybe we could try later today? Pleaaaase!

Of course, I'll see you in the gardens once I'm done in here.

Your Grace! Men with monsters on their banners came ravaging our village! They set our barn on fire. It wasn't long before the flames spread to other buildings! The village is still burning. Most of our supplies are already lost. Please, send us some help!

I'm sorry to hear what's happened to your village. I would send my General to chase down these brigands but I'm afraid he is on another mission at this moment in time. I shall speak to my advisor to see if there is anything else we can do. Please wait in the next room and I will call you back in shortly.

After the madness of the last couple of weeks it feels odd that this week is quiet. I would say that things are back to normal if it wasn't for the upcoming trial and the impending war with Radovia. I will teach Asalia more swordplay and then I think that I will call it an early night.

Yes, Father?

Are you ready?

Hey, that was good!

Ha! I know!

Auch!

Too slow! Haha!

Have you heard about Cedani?

What happened?

I told her she should find a pet that can actually do something, besides being disgusting... She has been leaving bait in the gardens since then.

Nothing has been showing up, so I took one of the stuffed skunks from the hall and put it behind the bush...

In the evening I told her something took her bait. When she saw a huge skunk, half her size, she panicked!

She grabbed my sword - she could barely lift it! It was hilarious! She kept hitting that poor skunk, but it wouldn't budge! Hahaha!

Poor Cedani... She wouldn't hurt an animal!

Mother heard her scream... She came and ruined everything. Cedani actually cried when she found out this thing was stuffed!

Oh, Asalia...

Come on, Father! You have to admit this is funny!

Only a little bit... I can't believe she would attack a skunk. Haha!

She thinks she can fight because she keeps seeing you running around with your sword.

I know... She keeps pestering me to fight her...

We should end it here, I better check on Cedani.

Your Grace.

Do you want to talk about the skunk? Asalia told me what happened.

Well... I just got scared, and I didn't know what else to do. It was dark out there, and the eyes were shiny... I was worried you'd be mad at me for bringing monsters to the castle. So I just took Asalia's sword... I am sorry I ruined your stuffed animal, Father. I hope you forgive me.

Of course, I forgive you. It was an old stuffed skunk. I was going to get rid of it anyway. You were very brave, but I don't want you running around with that sword again, alright?

Fine, I won't.

Council Meeting

Good evening! I'd like to begin this meeting by discussing some new proposals, our resources are growing steadily and we now have the option of putting them to good use. I'll go through each of the available options with you.

Stables - The stables will give our agents the ability to reach more villages. This isn't vitally important right now but I'd recommend this at some point in the near future, even if it means giving poor Stan's feet a bit of a rest.

Training Grounds - Building this means that we can start to train people and we need as many people as we can get. There are no guarantees that we will be able to make alliances with every Lord and Lady and we are going to need at least one thousand soldiers if we want to guarantee our survival. I recommend that we build this as soon as possible.

Carnival - This will help raise our people's happiness. This isn't a priority as our people are pretty content right now but it's something to consider if people start to get restless.

Prepare General - Right now, General Stan is a freelance agent even though he's working exclusively for us right now. He has informed us that if a battle was to take place, we would be prepared to fight for us if the price is right. It turns out that his price is 20 gold pieces. This isn't a priority right now but I'd highly recommend that we enlist him just in case the Radovians do attack as he has a lot of useful skills that will help us.

We do have resources to spare but our coffers aren't overflowing, so I shall consider one new upgrade each week. Shall we build the stables, build the training grounds, build the carnival, prepare the general or do we hold off for now?

Lord Pietro returned to the throne room today. He was more coherent than the last time but he is just as paranoid as ever. The King has informed me that he is concerned about the Lord but he doesn't know what we can do to help him. Shall we imprison Pietro for his own, and possibly our own, safety? Or shall we tell him to go away and never return?

There has been another attack on a village by the Radovians and this one has had some serious consequences. Those barbarians set fire to the village and they've drat near lost everything. Sending Stan is not an option right now as you know so we can compensate the villagers with 14 supplies or we can just give them our condolences.

Map

I will keep the map updated even when Stan is unavailable. I will also keep adding notes of the places of interest that we uncover each week as well as what is located there.

Luba - Unknown.

Kaski - Quest: Dust Delivery.

Kosano - Unknown.

Wolomy - Unknown.

Allies

We can invite another person to our court next week. We can invite Lord Etton to see what he has to say about Lurs claims or we can invite Lady Lena to court to talk about the events of the wedding. There are also a number of Lords and Ladies who we haven't met yet, we can always invite one of these people to court and speak to them about a possible alliance. Who shall we invite?

We shall reconvene soon, sometime after I've had my dinner. Cheerio for now!

Rocket Baby Dolls fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Sep 29, 2023

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Dipu Dabu you say?

The gifs for the sword fighting are noticeably off-centre because Lorsulia strikes before the text box disappears and it's a lot lower than Eryk's. It's only a minor thing but I'm trying to keep things as consistent as I can.

I was trying to post this update yesterday before work but I ran out of time, I planned to finish it after work but something came up which also made it impossible to do anything about it this morning. Ah well, it's here now though with only a small delay in my plans, but it has also pushed back plans elsewhere.

Rocket Baby Dolls fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Sep 15, 2023

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

My Lords and Ladies, these peasants shall never make our tea or brush the horses correctly without a training ground. We must get one immediately before my patience wears too thin with my current body man.

This Pietro needs to leave, never to return. The madman is depressing the land values of my capital estate with his ravings!

I'm sure the peasants have plenty of food and supplies saved up, the thieving cuts never pay all of their taxes from my experience because they hide it under their cow herds or something. Give them our "condolences" and see them off, the wretches

jkq
Nov 26, 2022
Build the training grounds and start training up our own army.

Imprison Pietro for everybody's safety. Tell him we have a safe place for him to hide. :) We can always release him if we need the cell for something else.

Provide the village with supplies, it's not like we have anything else requiring them at the moment.

Invite Etton, and see what he has to say about the accusations from Lurs.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

imprison Pietro but with the good cop convincing him that it's for his own good

Provide supplies to the villagers to help them weather this issue until Stan gets back

Invite Lena so that we can learn early what her request would be to back us up with her swords.

Also, don't we have two pigeons? Are we restricted to inviting only one person?

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Yet another village ravaged by the hordes. Each one is a tragedy, and yet they are so frequent as to become a statistic. First and foremost, our people need support. Give the villagers the supplies they require while we work on a permanent solution.

Speaking of, our best chance at long-term relief from the Radovian barbarians is some veteran leadership within our units. Fund the training grounds to help grow our army, and hopefully find some officers among the lot.

Lord Pietro's condition is as troubling as it is annoying. Repeatedly sending him away has not provided him (or Audry) any relief, so perhaps keeping him safe in our dungeon is the best course of action. After all, what do they say about the definition of insanity?

Lastly, invite Lord Etton back to Grevno, and get the full story about this illicit substance that drives the common folk to their doom. Perhaps it is truly dangerous, or perhaps Lord Lurs is motivated by misplaced virtue, a desire for over-incarceration, or simply wants to eliminate an economic rival. (Regardless, maybe His Grace could request some Dipu Dabu for his loyal council members to sample... you know... for scientific purposes and so forth...)

TheDavies
Mar 27, 2010

Bregor posted:

Yet another village ravaged by the hordes. Each one is a tragedy, and yet they are so frequent as to become a statistic. First and foremost, our people need support. Give the villagers the supplies they require while we work on a permanent solution.

Speaking of, our best chance at long-term relief from the Radovian barbarians is some veteran leadership within our units. Fund the training grounds to help grow our army, and hopefully find some officers among the lot.

Lord Pietro's condition is as troubling as it is annoying. Repeatedly sending him away has not provided him (or Audry) any relief, so perhaps keeping him safe in our dungeon is the best course of action. After all, what do they say about the definition of insanity?

<nods in agreement with each point made and prepares to praise Bregor for their wisdom>

Bregor posted:

Lastly, invite Lord Etton back to Grevno, and get the full story about this illicit substance that drives the common folk to their doom. Perhaps it is truly dangerous, or perhaps Lord Lurs is motivated by misplaced virtue, a desire for over-incarceration, or simply wants to eliminate an economic rival. (Regardless, maybe His Grace could request some Dipu Dabu for his loyal council members to sample... you know... for scientific purposes and so forth...)

<closes mouth, lets out annoyed sigh>

Give the villagers supplies, fund the training grounds, imprison Lord Pietro, and invite Lady Lena.

BassMug
Jul 19, 2022
We definitely ought to send some supplies to the village. It’s cloth wrap over an axe wound, but it’s something. At least they’ll have some cheese and jerky while we figure something out. …Mmm, cheese.

We really ought to get the training grounds going. It’s a trifle embarrassing that most of our fighting men aren’t our fighting men, no?

Hmm… for Pietro’s own safety, maybe we should keep him in the castle for a while. It wouldn’t be luxurious, but a little perceived safety might get his lips loosened as to what he’s so afraid of.

Unless he’s just a few grapes short of a bunch…

Oh, just as an aside, good Chancellor, you’re impressively on top of things today. Not that you aren’t normally, mind, but managing to turn all this chaos into a concise, actionable report is a feat to be sure.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Prioritise the training grounds.

Put Pietro somewhere safe. Preferably somewhere your half-feral children can't find.

Send supplies to the latest village disaster.

Invite Lena and ask her what her price is, let's hold off on making a decision about the drug dealer for the moment.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

I've just been looking at the timelone of events, the Royal trial and one of the agents appearing happens latter than what I thought.

I'm just going to clarify now that we are only going to be able to hire one of each type of agent. It would be nice if we could promote a couple of more soldiers (we are the King, after all) but this is what we are dealt with. The lack of extra agents has been an issue from the start but there will be some relief somewhere along the line.

We're off to a pretty good start and have a nice stockpile of resources. Not every week is going to have a disaster but at least we can manage if anything does crop up.

We can manage the wedding dress loan, pay for Stan and still make a profit each week. As soon as that loan is paid off we will be even more comfortable, unless another disaster occurs... We also have some leeway with disappointing our people by putting our own needs first. Hopefully it won't come to that but not every alliance is going to be free and the soldiers need feeding.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

It's been a few days since the last vote so I will close it now. These are the votes that I have counted:

Upgrades
Training Ground - 6

Pietro
Imprison - 6
Send Away - 1

Villager
Give Supplies - 6
Send Away - 1

Invite
Etton - 2
Lena - 3

sb hermit posted:

We only have one pigeon. I'm guessing that our letters to Lorsulia are being delivered via a human messenger, which may explain why it's going to take several weeks between each reply.

Edit: I'm going to attempt to have the next update up tomorrow.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Let's Play: Yes, Your Grace - (21) Week Eleven Summary

Welcome back. I hope that you all enjoyed the pears, I had a special delivery of them arrive from Caladur only this morning. I'd like to resume this meeting by talking about upgrades. We cannot rely on our allies alone to help us through an attack on this castle, we need to start investing in more defences and finding ways to strengthen our forces. We also need to make sure that the peasants don't start revolting if we need to divert resources for our own needs. Have we come to a decision regarding any upgrades?

Slaan: My Lords and Ladies, these peasants shall never make our tea or brush the horses correctly without a training ground. We must get one immediately before my patience wears too thin with my current body man.

jkq: Build the training grounds and start training up our own army.

Bregor: Our best chance at long-term relief from the Radovian barbarians is some veteran leadership within our units. Fund the training grounds to help grow our army, and hopefully find some officers among the lot.

TheDavies: <nods in agreement> Fund the training grounds.

BassMug: We really ought to get the training grounds going. It’s a trifle embarrassing that most of our fighting men aren’t our fighting men, no?

Black Robe: Prioritise the training grounds.

I'll send an order out to start construction on the training grounds straight away. We will need as many people trained and ready to fight when the time comes. Now, what shall we do about Lord Pietro? There isn't much that we can do for him right now. Shall we keep him locked up for protection or banish him from our castle?

Bregor: Lord Pietro's condition is as troubling as it is annoying. Repeatedly sending him away has not provided him any relief, so perhaps keeping him safe in our dungeon is the best course of action. After all, what do they say about the definition of insanity?

TheDavies: <nods in agreement> Imprison Lord Pietro.

jkq: Imprison Pietro for everybody's safety. Tell him we have a safe place for him to hide. We can always release him if we need the cell for something else.

Black Robe: Put Pietro somewhere safe. Preferably somewhere your half-feral children can't find.

Must I remind you that one of these children may well be your Queen and ruler one day?

Slaan: This Pietro needs to leave, never to return. The madman is depressing the land values of my capital estate with his ravings!

BassMug: Hmm… for Pietro’s own safety, maybe we should keep him in the castle for a while. It wouldn’t be luxurious, but a little perceived safety might get his lips loosened as to what he’s so afraid of.

Unless he’s just a few grapes short of a bunch…

sb hermit: Imprison Pietro but with the good cop convincing him that it's for his own good.

You all make good points but for everyone's sake, we should make sure Pietro is safe from something or someone, or that we are safe from him. What should we do about this villager whose home is now in ashes?

Black Robe: Send supplies to the latest village disaster.

BassMug: We definitely ought to send some supplies to the village. It’s cloth wrap over an axe wound, but it’s something. At least they’ll have some cheese and jerky while we figure something out. …Mmm, cheese.

Oh, just as an aside, good Chancellor, you’re impressively on top of things today. Not that you aren’t normally, mind, but managing to turn all this chaos into a concise, actionable report is a feat to be sure.

Oh, why thank you! Feel free to take some cheese from the food table home with you. I'm sure I can find someone to pt some of the boar meat into a pot to take with you as well.

sb hermit: Provide supplies to the villagers to help them weather this issue until Stan gets back.

Slaan: I'm sure the peasants have plenty of food and supplies saved up, the thieving cuts never pay all of their taxes from my experience because they hide it under their cow herds or something. Give them our "condolences" and see them off, the wretches

jkq: Provide the village with supplies, it's not like we have anything else requiring them at the moment.

Bregor: Yet another village ravaged by the hordes. Each one is a tragedy, and yet they are so frequent as to become a statistic. First and foremost, our people need support. Give the villagers the supplies they require while we work on a permanent solution.

TheDavies: <nods in agreement> Give the villagers supplies.

The vote for giving them supplies wins. Don't worry Slaan, when Stan returns I'll make sure he searches under all the cows under your jurisdiction. We only have one more decision to make and that is regarding who to invite to court next week.

sb hermit: Invite Lena so that we can learn early what her request would be to back us up with her swords.

I have spoken to the King about getting another pigeon, but he just starts to complain about the mess and the noise and that he has to deal with too many people as it it.

jkq: Invite Etton, and see what he has to say about the accusations from Lurs.

Black Robe: Invite Lena and ask her what her price is, let's hold off on making a decision about the drug dealer for the moment.

Bregor: Lastly, invite Lord Etton back to Grevno, and get the full story about this illicit substance that drives the common folk to their doom. Perhaps it is truly dangerous, or perhaps Lord Lurs is motivated by misplaced virtue, a desire for over-incarceration, or simply wants to eliminate an economic rival. (Regardless, maybe His Grace could request some Dipu Dabu for his loyal council members to sample... you know... for scientific purposes and so forth...)

TheDavies: <closes mouth, lets out annoyed sigh> Invite Lady Lena.

I'll pretend that I didn't hear that last part Bregor... Although... If it did make it's way here then we should all see it for ourselves so we know what to look out for. We will invite Lord Etton another time, something tells me this business with the dust won't be solved overnight. I'll send a pigeon to Lady Lena right away. Thank you all for your time, we shall meet again next week!

I'm glad that you're still here Lord Pietro. You will spend some time in our Dungeons.

I knew it! I knew it was you!

Calm down, it's going to be alright. The guard by the exit will take care of you. I'll come and see you later.

Thank you for your patience. I believe these supplies should be enough to get you back up and running.

Your Grace, that is very kind. Your good deeds will spread far, I'm sure.

How are you doing there?

Oh... Your Grace. It feels safer in here. I don't have to worry about anyone coming after me. I have my friends here, and no one can come inside. I wish I'd just asked you to imprison me straight away, Your Grace.

I am glad you feel safer. You are right, no one is going to come here looking for you.

I owe you my life, Your Grace. Let me give you my army, I won't need them. I'll just stay here.

You have an army?

Yes, I know... but I couldn't tell them what's going on, it could have been one of them.

Yes, of course... You can stay here as long as you like, Pietro. Let the guard know if you need anything.

Thank you, Your Grace.

Are you feeling any better? Do you have everything you need?

Yes... Umm... Sturdy walls, steel bars, a personal guard... Oh what.... There's nowhere to run!

End of Week Eleven!

Inventory

Archives

Spices

Asalia

Cedani

Village on Fire

Paranoid Lord

Rocket Baby Dolls fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Sep 22, 2023

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

I had some unexpected extra time this evening so I thought that I'd spend it doing this update tonight instead of in the morning.

Lord Pietro did give us his army, all 4 soldiers to be exact. Still, we're better off than we were before.

SimplyUnknown1
Aug 18, 2017

Cat Cat Cat
I mean, if he had more than 4 soldiers, maybe Lord Pietro would have felt safer?

jkq
Nov 26, 2022

Lord Pietro did give us his army, all 4 soldiers to be exact. Still, we're better off than we were before.

Great, now we can protect the castle from the "dangerous" stuffed animals!

TheDavies
Mar 27, 2010

SimplyUnknown1 posted:

I mean, if he had more than 4 soldiers, maybe Lord Pietro would have felt safer?

It seems more likely that in that situation, instead of being worried about those four being out to get him, he'd have been worried about the larger number who were out to get him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
Four soldiers is better than none?