Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Tosk posted:

That said, Gojo can literally teleport, why doesn't he use that to get space for himself to charge up Hollow Purple? We saw Mahoraga and Sukuna both move extremely quickly at Shibuya but surely that's better than trying to charge it up in the middle of a 3v1 melee.

I do not believe Gojo can afford to give Sukuna space. If Sukuna is allowed to be by himself while Gojo takes time to charge up Hollow Purple, Sukuna can probably set up better countermeasures and attempt to heal himself. Gojo stopped Sukuna from hiding earlier in the chapter because of this possibility.

Julias posted:

Also not every popular manga needs to be a 300+ chapter long epic.

True, Death Note only needed 108 chapters and AoT had 139 chapters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Translation is not out yet so spoiler:

With Gojo throwing purples around again, I think we are very close to actually learning about sukunas hidden technique

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
Do we think Yuji's still gonna eventually learn Sukuna's cursed technique as hinted early in the manga? Supposedly his body should've naturally implemented it from incarnating Sukuna for that long.

Tosk
Feb 22, 2013

I am sorry. I have no vices for you to exploit.

Bread Set Jettison posted:

Translation is not out yet so spoiler:

With Gojo throwing purples around again, I think we are very close to actually learning about sukunas hidden technique

There is an unofficial translation out link and from what I'm seeing he used Blue to merc Agito, we'll probably see Purple next chapter. Looking pretty bleak though, "Sukuna holding back is our best shot at victory!" from the peanut gallery is a dire flag in a shonen manga if I've ever read one, but maybe Gege will try to upset what other manga have conditioned us to expect

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
I posted them in the anime thread too but the opening and ending for Shibuya are out on youtube officially

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yb2N3pnztU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yb2N3pnztU

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Tosk posted:

There is an unofficial translation out link and from what I'm seeing he used Blue to merc Agito, we'll probably see Purple next chapter. Looking pretty bleak though, "Sukuna holding back is our best shot at victory!" from the peanut gallery is a dire flag in a shonen manga if I've ever read one, but maybe Gege will try to upset what other manga have conditioned us to expect

Gojo unintentionally making GBS threads on Yuki's Black Hole technique with Maximum Blue Lapse, lol

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
forget getting to Sukuna’s trump card, it’s looking like we won’t even make it past 10 Shadows. Was it a misplay by Sukuna to lose Agito like that or was it intentional? Destroyed shikigami can’t be resummoned and there were some high value summons in there. Powers are inheritated, so the plan may be Big Marohaga. Or he intends to wield the 10 treasures himself like with the elephant. And did Marohaga just use cleave?

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

that's so mean of the OP lol sigh

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Tosk posted:

Is it just me or is the art a lot rougher this chapter? I hope Gege is doing okay

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Pootybutt posted:

for real, I was mad

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Lamebot posted:

Gojo unintentionally making GBS threads on Yuki's Black Hole technique with Maximum Blue Lapse, lol

I mean, Yuki's technique destroyed a far larger area but Gojo's red and blue are more precise and practical since they don't require killing yourself.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Pootybutt posted:

the hand over the eye?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Official

https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/jujutsu-kaisen-chapter-234/chapter/40101?action=read

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1018704

Also the anime reminded me how much I miss Nobara :smith:

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
The Gojo and Sukuna fight will probably end soon. I am predicting a mutual KO with Mahoraga

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
New chapter's raws have leaked. Man, what a chapter.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
And a break next week this is unacceptable I need to know How It Ends.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

Pierson posted:

And a break next week this is unacceptable I need to know How It Ends.

Kusakabe said Gojo's won, so this is clearly the point where Sukuna reveals his Cursed Technique and puts a wrench into everybody's celebration. I can't see things going differently, to be honest, although as long as Gojo manages to make him leave Megumi's body in some way, he'll have gotten his win.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Oh for sure despite one guy saying it this 100% isn't over.

Tosk
Feb 22, 2013

Looking forward to seeing the translated scans because having to read the text separately for such a narrative heavy chapter was slightly distracting, but Gojo really gave it to Sukuna this time. He's obviously about to pull out the reversal but I'm not sure if he'll kill Gojo, though I expect him to win the fight. I'm hoping Mahoraga is out of the story for good though, the adaptation bullshit is a boring trope at this point and I'd much rather see Sukuna and Gojo beating the poo poo out of each other again.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Pierson posted:

Oh for sure despite one guy saying it this 100% isn't over.

In two weeks I expect some form of kenjaku 4D chess move, like swooping in and taking sukuna/megumis body and getting more powers or some poo poo

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it's an odd sequence of events. kenjaku is the real threat, but no one left standing is terribly invested in fighting him. rather, they all loving hate sukuna.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

Kusakabe said Gojo's won, so this is clearly the point where Sukuna reveals his Cursed Technique and puts a wrench into everybody's celebration. I can't see things going differently, to be honest, although as long as Gojo manages to make him leave Megumi's body in some way, he'll have gotten his win.

Yeah I'm guessing the last finger comes into play and Sukuna eats it, it fully heals and refreshes him, and he pulls out the full range of his own techniques.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

it's an odd sequence of events. kenjaku is the real threat, but no one left standing is terribly invested in fighting him. rather, they all loving hate sukuna.

we're not really connected to Kenjaku on a personal level. whereas with Sukuna we knew that gently caress since day 1. our connection to Kenjaku is really through Geto's and Gojo's relationship. though there is the whole master manipulator thing Kenjaku has going on; with being effectively immortal. this could have a sick payoff but at the moment is kinda eh

Tosk
Feb 22, 2013

I think that particular twist is unlikely because if I remember correctly, just before this fight Sukuna was hypothesizing with Uraume that Gojo probably has the last finger.

It seems like Gojo being freed was somewhat outside the scope of Kenjaku's plans and I doubt he would have held back a finger if he thought it would guarantee a win here, because if Sukuna were to lose outright, which we might not expect to happen as viewers outside the narrative but which looks like a total coin toss in the world of JJK itself, Kenjaku would be turbo hosed.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Just to clarify

Does Sukuna classify as a curse now? I just wonder if he's at risk of getting eaten if he loses his body.

I doubt that's the path ahead but I'm really surprised we haven't had any interference yet

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Shinjobi posted:

Just to clarify

Does Sukuna classify as a curse now? I just wonder if he's at risk of getting eaten if he loses his body.

I doubt that's the path ahead but I'm really surprised we haven't had any interference yet

He's not reaaally a curse, but he blurs the lines so much that I would consider him as such. In his original life he transcended his humanity to become a being of pure malevolence like some curses are. Gege uses fairly vague language around what he calls sukuna, he's never outright called him a cursed spirit, but he hasn't outright stated what he really is at this point. It's good enough for me to say yeah, he's vulnerable to CSM. I mean, Kenjaku's got Tengen on a string now and the manga really likes flirting with the idea of Tengen becoming some sort of cursed entity if she were to evolve/transcend. I'd like to think CSM is being used in some capacity to control Tengen.

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Does Kenjaku not still have Mahito pokeballed away somewhere or is he fully out of the picture?

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Pootybutt posted:

Does Kenjaku not still have Mahito pokeballed away somewhere or is he fully out of the picture?

I believe he expended his spirit to extract idle transformation for that single use. Uzumaki burns through whatever spirits are used in it. As for commanding Mahito's spirit to do it for him comes down to whether Mahito had the skill to pull it off. Only Kenjaku using idle transformation directly with his own status as the second best barrier user would get the result he wanted.

Lamebot fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Sep 7, 2023

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Whether or not Sukuna counts as a cursed spirit could be a key part of whatever happens. Maybe Kenjaku through their recent associations has tested it out on the sly and finds yes, he is, while Sukuna is confident in his origins and thinking he's not, and that pulls a trick later.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

we're not really connected to Kenjaku on a personal level. whereas with Sukuna we knew that gently caress since day 1. our connection to Kenjaku is really through Geto's and Gojo's relationship. though there is the whole master manipulator thing Kenjaku has going on; with being effectively immortal. this could have a sick payoff but at the moment is kinda eh

tbf kenjaku is yuji's mom so that's gotta come up at some point

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Blockhouse posted:

tbf kenjaku is yuji's mom so that's gotta come up at some point

yeah that's the master manipulator stuff I was referring to. rn it's just a factoid but hopefully it's pulled off well and we're all Oda does it again

hosed up territory is Kenjaku singing Kuji's favorite lullaby in a pivotal moment then announcing it

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
My guess: Sukuna discovers that with all of the shadow shikigami destroyed they all form together to make a super ultimate one that kills Gojo. Neither Gojo nor Sukuna expect it because nobody had ever tamed Mahoraga to figure out the "totality" thing applies when they're all tamed/destroyed.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
We do know that Sukuna has some tricks. Namely his Fire Arrow he used against Jogo at the least, whatever it was that Yaorozu gave him, and lastly transforming into his original form as it's stated he is fully capable of doing so, but has yet to do that because of something that he is planning for the future.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Shinjobi posted:

Just to clarify

kenny's not going anywhere near this fight until he's sure he won't immediately die

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

MonsterEnvy posted:

We do know that Sukuna has some tricks. Namely his Fire Arrow he used against Jogo at the least, whatever it was that Yaorozu gave him, and lastly transforming into his original form as it's stated he is fully capable of doing so, but has yet to do that because of something that he is planning for the future.
It's also heavily implied that his fourth technique is a divine lightning arrow: https://www.reddit.com/r/Jujutsushi/comments/v5joob/sukunas_last_hidden_cursed_technique_will_be_a/ which I was assuming would be used against Kashimo ("lol your skill is lightning that's cute, eat Literally Vajra") but could be here.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Pierson posted:

It's also heavily implied that his fourth technique is a divine lightning arrow: https://www.reddit.com/r/Jujutsushi/comments/v5joob/sukunas_last_hidden_cursed_technique_will_be_a/ which I was assuming would be used against Kashimo ("lol your skill is lightning that's cute, eat Literally Vajra") but could be here.

With All these shadow creatures dying I'd like to think the ace-in-the-hole Sukuna will pull out would be related to Megumi's Cursed Technique and whatever giant skeleton is associated with the mythological ancestor of the Zennin. But I also think that would require a domain expansion and both of these guys have given themselves so much brain damage neither could pull one off.

I agree that Kenjaku is going to stay away from this fight because if Gojo is still breathing he won't risk himself; so I'm assuming Sukuna pulls off his likely electrical attack because the story established that Kashimo's also has something comparable to a "guaranteed hit" property despite not being a domain-based attack. Sukuna's biggest problem is that his attacks won't hit Gojo normally unless it is his own DE, Domain amplification, or Mahoroga doing the work.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
Scan is out btw

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Man I loved that.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
That was well done, I am satisfied.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
It is decided who is best. And goddamn, they are the best.