Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

multistability
Feb 15, 2014
https://twitter.com/theElegantWorm/status/1700512443045233127?t=MsqpoX1zWGbuDTB_xY6vaw&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

How many more red flags can be raised on Ashton Kutcher?

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

biceps crimes posted:

How many more red flags can be raised on Ashton Kutcher?

replaced Charlie Sheen on two and a half men

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Frosted Flake posted:

LifeLog was a project of the Information Processing Techniques Office of the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) of the U.S. Department of Defense (DOD). According to its bid solicitation pamphlet in 2003, it was to be "an ontology-based (sub)system that captures, stores, and makes accessible the flow of one person's experience in and interactions with the world in order to support a broad spectrum of associates/assistants and other system capabilities". The objective of the LifeLog concept was "to be able to trace the 'threads' of an individual's life in terms of events, states, and relationships", and it has the ability to "take in all of a subject's experience, from phone numbers dialed and e-mail messages viewed to every breath taken, step made and place gone".

:aaaaa:

Oh, hello PROMIS 2.0

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Cached Money posted:

lol not bad

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2023/09/new-jfk-assassination-revelation-upend-lone-gunman

"Landis saw and did something that he has kept secret for six decades, he says now. He claims he spotted a bullet resting on the top of the back of the seat. He says he picked it up, put it in his pocket, and brought it into the hospital. Then, upon entering Trauma Room No. 1 (at that stage, he was the only nonmedical person in the room besides Mrs. Kennedy, and both stayed for only a short period), he insists, he placed the bullet on a white cotton blanket on the president’s stretcher."

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/bpleasies/status/1700684904831283546?s=20

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Real hurthling! posted:

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2023/09/new-jfk-assassination-revelation-upend-lone-gunman

"Landis saw and did something that he has kept secret for six decades, he says now. He claims he spotted a bullet resting on the top of the back of the seat. He says he picked it up, put it in his pocket, and brought it into the hospital. Then, upon entering Trauma Room No. 1 (at that stage, he was the only nonmedical person in the room besides Mrs. Kennedy, and both stayed for only a short period), he insists, he placed the bullet on a white cotton blanket on the president’s stretcher."

The guy's full of poo poo. The bullet they found was on the governor's gurney, not Kennedy's. The bullet had been fired, and impact a soft target such as human flesh. The explanation advanced in this article - that the bullet somehow superficially lodged in JFK's back rather than penetrating through him - is not possible. It's a good example of the razzle-dazzle around the JFK assassination, speculating about the flight path of some extra bullets, rather than the straightforward cause and effect of Allen Dulles hiring Lee Harvey Oswald.

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

Cached Money posted:

was just going to say this

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/MichelleRedSoul/status/1700529219489382618
https://twitter.com/princess_antifa/status/1700394641487699986

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!
Where did the Dear Ashton/Dear Mila materialize from?

Nm this screenshot is posted from the account unlike others that are up

As an aside, Mila Kunis' bio states that she was born in (then-USSR) Ukraine but her family left due to anti-semitism

Dokapon Findom has issued a correction as of 15:25 on Sep 10, 2023

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

AntifaSupersoldier
Jul 30, 2003

Reality is what you can get away with
Hell Gem
There's also his anti-human trafficking organization which when it comes to these people its always a front for the thing they are advocating against

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

In November 2011, Kutcher received heavy criticism for his tweet in response to the Jerry Sandusky child sexual abuse scandal, calling the firing of Penn State football coach Joe Paterno "in poor taste". Kutcher subsequently turned over management of his Twitter account to his team at the Katalyst Media company.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

AntifaSupersoldier posted:

There's also his anti-human trafficking organization which when it comes to these people its always a front for the thing they are advocating against

and also sells facial recognition software to cops and the government

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Maed posted:

In November 2011, Kutcher received heavy criticism for his tweet in response to the Jerry Sandusky child sexual abuse scandal, calling the firing of Penn State football coach Joe Paterno "in poor taste". Kutcher subsequently turned over management of his Twitter account to his team at the Katalyst Media company.

jfc

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

gradenko_2000 posted:

I started reading this

and I keep going "what the gently caress" despite barely being 30 pages in

I mean maybe I shouldn't be so surprised because we know of things like James C Scott being a CIA operative, and the polio vaccination program in Pakistan being claimed to be a CIA op to sniff out bin Laden, but the impression I'm getting from this book is that the entire profession of anthropology is basically in service of, and cannot be severed from, imperialism, because there wouldn't even be a need to study peoples in the way that anthropology does, if they weren't in danger of getting obliterated by colonialism in the first place

You might want to follow this up with Declared Defective, by Robert Jarvenpa.

He talks about how Teddy Roosevelt's eugenics initiative (which later inspired the Nazis, and revolver around his concern that American "aryan" elites in the Hamptons were being outbred by mud bloods) led to federally funded race science programs in upstate New York and formal sterilisation in other parts of the county.

Most of the book is about a mixed race family of Mohicans who are forced out of their traditional lands and resettle over and over again. The ones who stayed in eastern NY are still stigmatized today as inbred hillbillies and layabouts

related:
https://dnalc.cshl.edu/view/15724-Nam-family-members-photo-by-Arthur-Estabrook-1912.html

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

What was his username in the Olsen twins countdown thread in GBS

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

“Hi sweetie, I’m here to pick you up for our date! What’s that? No one is home, but I put my hand on the doorknob and looked in to the room, seeing what I would later claim in court was spilled wine on the carpet. Guess I’ll call my rapist Scientologist co-star and walk away without inquiring as to where my girlfriend is on date night.”

Assuming Ashton didn’t murder that girl is even more insane than assuming he did. If the serial killer actually kill her, then poo poo gets even crazier.

I don’t remember if it was in “Programmed to kill” or something I saw discussing it, but serial killers make the perfect assassin. Murder victims raises the question of motive, but a victim of a serial killer is just a random misfortune, like getting struck by lightning. The fact that they also kill random people serves as cover for their targeted murders, and serial killers are definitionally crazy, so no one would believe that someone would deploy them to kill.

So either Ashton killed that girl and blamed it on a serial killer, or she was somehow a random victim of a serial killer and he acted in the most sus way imaginable, or “Mr. IFuckingLoveTheCIA” had some people he could call on to help him get out of a relationship.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

this small section closes the loop: the OSS, then Project Phoenix in Vietnam, then HTT in the Middle East. It's a similar cycle you see in Doug Valentine's "The CIA as Organized Crime"

the bit there about an overreliance on "app-based" (my words), gadget-supported approaches also touches on Ukraine and NATO turning the AFU into a force that uses Starlink-connected iPads as a crutch for its unit commanders, to the point where they refuse to use smoke screens because they can't see their own troops from the orbiting drones that they're watching the battlefield through

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

The Atomic Man-Boy posted:

“Hi sweetie, I’m here to pick you up for our date! What’s that? No one is home, but I put my hand on the doorknob and looked in to the room, seeing what I would later claim in court was spilled wine on the carpet. Guess I’ll call my rapist Scientologist co-star and walk away without inquiring as to where my girlfriend is on date night.”

Assuming Ashton didn’t murder that girl is even more insane than assuming he did. If the serial killer actually kill her, then poo poo gets even crazier.

I don’t remember if it was in “Programmed to kill” or something I saw discussing it, but serial killers make the perfect assassin. Murder victims raises the question of motive, but a victim of a serial killer is just a random misfortune, like getting struck by lightning. The fact that they also kill random people serves as cover for their targeted murders, and serial killers are definitionally crazy, so no one would believe that someone would deploy them to kill.

So either Ashton killed that girl and blamed it on a serial killer, or she was somehow a random victim of a serial killer and he acted in the most sus way imaginable, or “Mr. IFuckingLoveTheCIA” had some people he could call on to help him get out of a relationship.

According to Jane doe 3 from the Masterton trial he went into the house then called Danny and the senior people on that 70s show and they decided the correct play was to act as if he saw nothing, go to the party with Danny and then lie to the police about that evening. She was in the room when Danny had Ashton on speaker discussing it. Wild poo poo.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
The Ashton Butcher Theory

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
weird punk'd episode

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

gradenko_2000 posted:

this small section closes the loop: the OSS, then Project Phoenix in Vietnam, then HTT in the Middle East. It's a similar cycle you see in Doug Valentine's "The CIA as Organized Crime"

the bit there about an overreliance on "app-based" (my words), gadget-supported approaches also touches on Ukraine and NATO turning the AFU into a force that uses Starlink-connected iPads as a crutch for its unit commanders, to the point where they refuse to use smoke screens because they can't see their own troops from the orbiting drones that they're watching the battlefield through

:hmmyes:

Though the Pashtun Sexuality Paper is still funny.

Come to think of it, to tie your point to the larger thread, declaring the behaviour of the pedophile opium warlords we backed the "normative" form of sexuality sure was convenient.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
there's a Netflix series called "Spy Ops", and the episode covers "Operation Jawbreaker", when the CIA sent a cadre of agents into Afghanistan (via Tajikistan) with pallets of cash to bribe the "Northern Alliance" into fighting the Taliban and capturing key points on the road to Kabul ahead of the full invasion

nowhere in the fawning descriptions of Ahmad Shah Massoud or Abdul Rashid Dostum was it ever covered what these guys actually did outside of the fact that they were the anti-Taliban resistance

the second episode is about Operation Just Cause, the US invasion of Panama and the efforts to capture Manuel Noriega... and the narrative barely makes a mention of what the prior relationship was between America and Noriega

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

The Ashton Butcher Theory

heh!

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

gradenko_2000 posted:

Netflix omissions

that's the Netflix house-style. Ava Duvernay's 13th doesn't mention Joe Biden

Paladin
Nov 26, 2004
You lost today, kid. But that doesn't mean you have to like it.

gradenko_2000 posted:

Human Terrain

Linking to a wayback copy of John 'The War Nerd' Dolan's Pando Daily articles about human terrain and hanging out with Montgomery McFate back at Berkeley in the late 70s/early 80s.

Part 1

Part 2

The aside that Mitzy grew up in some NorCal hippie commune was a detail that seemed inconsequential to me at the time. In the context of this thread, however, lmao.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Paladin posted:

Linking to a wayback copy of John 'The War Nerd' Dolan's Pando Daily articles about human terrain and hanging out with Montgomery McFate back at Berkeley in the late 70s/early 80s.

Part 1

Part 2

The aside that Mitzy grew up in some NorCal hippie commune was a detail that seemed inconsequential to me at the time. In the context of this thread, however, lmao.

Dolan has a thing about collecting strays eh? There were about a million 🚩’s.

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

does anybody know of a Major General George Bush? as far as I have been able to find there isn't one, unless the other two more well-known George Bush's are completely outshining him

I ask because in one of the latest JFK Assassination doc releases is Allen Dulles's (partial) schedule from 1959 to 1962 (Record No 104-10306-10025)

on October 14, 1961, Dulles's schedule shows a meeting with a Maj Gen George Bush, this is on a day that Dulles is meeting with other Generals including Eisenhower. The date is just over a month before Dulles was ousted by JFK. AFAIK the only other appearance of "George Bush" in the JFK docs is in a memo to J Edgar Hoover that mentions a "George Bush of CIA" being briefed about Oswald. this seems to be the second appearance, but prior to the actual assassination. I reached out to the usual crew (DiEugenio, et al) but wanted to share here lmao

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

gradenko_2000 posted:

there's a Netflix series called "Spy Ops", and the episode covers "Operation Jawbreaker", when the CIA sent a cadre of agents into Afghanistan (via Tajikistan) with pallets of cash to bribe the "Northern Alliance" into fighting the Taliban and capturing key points on the road to Kabul ahead of the full invasion

nowhere in the fawning descriptions of Ahmad Shah Massoud or Abdul Rashid Dostum was it ever covered what these guys actually did outside of the fact that they were the anti-Taliban resistance

the second episode is about Operation Just Cause, the US invasion of Panama and the efforts to capture Manuel Noriega... and the narrative barely makes a mention of what the prior relationship was between America and Noriega

operation just cause lmfao

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Burn Zone posted:

does anybody know of a Major General George Bush? as far as I have been able to find there isn't one, unless the other two more well-known George Bush's are completely outshining him

I ask because in one of the latest JFK Assassination doc releases is Allen Dulles's (partial) schedule from 1959 to 1962 (Record No 104-10306-10025)

on October 14, 1961, Dulles's schedule shows a meeting with a Maj Gen George Bush, this is on a day that Dulles is meeting with other Generals including Eisenhower. The date is just over a month before Dulles was ousted by JFK. AFAIK the only other appearance of "George Bush" in the JFK docs is in a memo to J Edgar Hoover that mentions a "George Bush of CIA" being briefed about Oswald. this seems to be the second appearance, but prior to the actual assassination. I reached out to the usual crew (DiEugenio, et al) but wanted to share here lmao

The US makes this a pain in the rear end compared to the CW, but would they appear in Commanding Generals and Chiefs of Staff, 1775-2022?

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Burn Zone posted:

everyone post your favorite bushes

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

also I hadn't really considered that Prescott Bush was senator until January 3, 1963

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

Frosted Flake posted:

The US makes this a pain in the rear end compared to the CW, but would they appear in Commanding Generals and Chiefs of Staff, 1775-2022?

that seems to only show info about the officer at the time period, not seeing anything about other/minor generals.

this only shows active folks: https://www.gomo.army.mil/public/Biographies

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

okay I'm gonna go poking around about this. because that time period lines up pretty nicely for GWHB in fall of 1961

animist
Aug 28, 2018

gradenko_2000 posted:

I mean maybe I shouldn't be so surprised because we know of things like James C Scott being a CIA operative, and the polio vaccination program in Pakistan being claimed to be a CIA op to sniff out bin Laden

lol wait I missed this, is there an article?

i knew some guys who were all about abolishing agriculture that liked him a lot, would be nice to have something to wave at them in the future

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

animist posted:

lol wait I missed this, is there an article?

i knew some guys who were all about abolishing agriculture that liked him a lot, would be nice to have something to wave at them in the future

Imagining a Liver King "only ever eat meat" guy but this might be even stranger

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

I don't know how to read American law, but this seems to outline what military rank equivalents may be used by CIA personnel, 10 U.S. Code § 528 - Officers serving in certain intelligence positions: military status; application of distribution and strength limitations; pay and allowances.