Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Dokapon Findom posted:

Imagining a Liver King "only ever eat meat" guy but this might be even stranger

imagine no more, there are dozens of us in cspam. agriculture was a mistake. having agriculture is a major contributing factor leading to the formation of patriarchy to determine which person stands to inherit the land. no agriculture, know peace. know agriculture, no peace. ftw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

the m/g stands for "my guy" as in "my guy planning to assassinate jfk george bush"

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Frosted Flake posted:

I don't know how to read American law, but this seems to outline what military rank equivalents may be used by CIA personnel, 10 U.S. Code § 528 - Officers serving in certain intelligence positions: military status; application of distribution and strength limitations; pay and allowances.

lmao @ george hw finagling O-8 pay as a bonus ontop of everythign else

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

agriculture is great...for mindless leafcutter ants!

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

animist posted:

lol wait I missed this, is there an article?

i knew some guys who were all about abolishing agriculture that liked him a lot, would be nice to have something to wave at them in the future

https://twitter.com/CasMudde/status/1492955985878687753?t=PvuHo-f7Az-r_OBvNp5Qvg&s=19

https://twitter.com/castawaymariner/status/1492888350008745987?t=SZGgtnlouS1k4E74jxineg&s=19

https://twitter.com/Kert89/status/1366608949672169473?t=qfmvJj-4sK6kreoeIG76aA&s=19

I would also recommend "Scott's "Zomia", or a Populist Post-modern History of Nowhere", by Tom Brass, as a refutation of his big Zomia theory of anarchist anthropology (which he used as a cover to travel all across Asia on the CIA's dime)

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020
I was wondering how long it would be until irony poisoning convinced people Lysenko was a genius

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

shocking at the cavalier attitude of being accepted to Harvard law school. it’s such a front for these sociopathic privileged elites lol

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Burn Zone posted:

does anybody know of a Major General George Bush? as far as I have been able to find there isn't one, unless the other two more well-known George Bush's are completely outshining him

I ask because in one of the latest JFK Assassination doc releases is Allen Dulles's (partial) schedule from 1959 to 1962 (Record No 104-10306-10025)

on October 14, 1961, Dulles's schedule shows a meeting with a Maj Gen George Bush, this is on a day that Dulles is meeting with other Generals including Eisenhower. The date is just over a month before Dulles was ousted by JFK. AFAIK the only other appearance of "George Bush" in the JFK docs is in a memo to J Edgar Hoover that mentions a "George Bush of CIA" being briefed about Oswald. this seems to be the second appearance, but prior to the actual assassination. I reached out to the usual crew (DiEugenio, et al) but wanted to share here lmao

this does come up in the Final Report of the Assassination Records Review Board

https://www.archives.gov/files/research/jfk/review-board/report/arrb-final-report.txt

quote:

A November 29, 1963, memorandum from FBI Director J. Edgar Hoover to the Director of the Bureau of Intelligence and Research at the Department of State refers to the fact that information on the assassination of President Kennedy was "orally furnished to Mr. George Bush of the Central Intelligence Agency." At the request of the Review Board, the CIA made a thorough search of its records in an attempt to determine if the "George Bush" referred to in the memorandum might be identical to President and former Director of Central Intelligence George Herbert Walker Bush. That search determined that the CIA had no association with George Herbert Walker Bush during the time frame referenced in the document.

The records that the Review Board examined showed that the only other "George Bush" serving in the CIA in 1963 was a junior analyst who has repeatedly denied being the "George Bush" referenced in the memorandum. The Review Board staff found one reference to an Army Major General George Bush in the calendars of Director of Central Intelligence Allen Dulles. There was no indication if this General Bush could be the referenced George Bush. The Review Board marked the calendar page as an assassination record.

:shrug: just another mystery man named George Bush

Paladin
Nov 26, 2004
You lost today, kid. But that doesn't mean you have to like it.

Real hurthling! posted:

the m/g stands for "my guy" as in "my guy planning to assassinate jfk george bush"

My Gog.

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!
*Frasier voice* Dear Gog! :aaa:

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Trabisnikof posted:

everyone post your favorite bushes

find ur own wank materials dude

Squashy
Dec 24, 2005

150cc of psilocybinic power
I remember Blowback mentioning this George Bush being of no known relation

Tungsten
Aug 10, 2004

Your Working Boy

ram dass in hell posted:

imagine no more, there are dozens of us in cspam. agriculture was a mistake. having agriculture is a major contributing factor leading to the formation of patriarchy to determine which person stands to inherit the land. no agriculture, know peace. know agriculture, no peace. ftw

:hai:

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Squashy posted:

I remember Blowback mentioning this George Bush being of no known relation

that sounds mischievous

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
George Bush couldn't have been involved in the assassination: he had a letter specifically saying he was not present at the scene, at the time it happened!

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

a good xfiles viewing strat is to just assume the smoking/cancer man is george bush

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

gradenko_2000 posted:

George Bush couldn't have been involved in the assassination: he had a letter specifically saying he was not present at the scene, at the time it happened!

"please communicate to our commanding officer that I was definitely about 90 miles away at the time"

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

Dokapon Findom posted:

*Frasier voice* Dear Gog! :aaa:

*Frasier radio voice* I'm dissociating

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
also who the gently caress is james c scott

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020
you know when doc brown says great scott!

animist
Aug 28, 2018

gradenko_2000 posted:

I would also recommend "Scott's "Zomia", or a Populist Post-modern History of Nowhere", by Tom Brass, as a refutation of his big Zomia theory of anarchist anthropology (which he used as a cover to travel all across Asia on the CIA's dime)

ty this is great

Laterite posted:

also who the gently caress is james c scott

libertarian cia harvard guy who writes about hill peasants. Specifically about how they're history's true sovereign citizens. Thanks to their wily strategy of living in barren mountains, they can avoid oppressive institutions like taxes, roads, farming, literacy, food,

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo
George 'No Relation' Bush

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
we need more "george bush" license plates in the gift shop; repeat, we are sold out of "george bush" license plates

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

ram dass in hell posted:

just casually abandoning agricultural civilization to make literal shitposts

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

ram dass in hell posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9O94UTDAJQ

I like bread

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

he's 100% right and you don't need agriculture for bread, wild grains exist and were eaten and used to make bread long before they were domesticated

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

Maed posted:

he's 100% right and you don't need agriculture for bread, wild grains exist and were eaten and used to make bread long before they were domesticated

I too think that the most important contributor to the development of civilisation is bad and should be abolished. Are you planning to be the tiny minority who don't starve to death when we abolish above personal subsistence level food collection?

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

cagliostr0 posted:

Are you planning to be the tiny minority who don't starve to death when we abolish above personal subsistence level food collection?

Well duh.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Maed posted:

fascist

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!
Agriculture would be better if we practiced it in such a fashion so as not to destroy the land we use for it, necessitating clearing even more; turning wild habitat into monoculture year after year is not sustainable if it's tied to population growth. There's a limit to the amount of (usable) land on Earth if nothing else

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Maed posted:

no thanks

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
sorry losers no bread no breadlines, no breadlines no communism

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

yeah civilization worked out great for us, we're only gonna kill 99% of other species and 100% of ourselves cause of it, cats out the bag now but we and the earth woulda been better off had we stayed hunter gatherers

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
coulda woulda shoulda. loser talk. can't change the past.

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Maed posted:

yeah civilization worked out great for us, we're only gonna kill 99% of other species and 100% of ourselves cause of it, cats out the bag now but we and the earth woulda been better off had we stayed hunter gatherers

earth can always make new species

animist
Aug 28, 2018
did not intend to start bread derail

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Maed posted:

yeah haha you go be an anprim weirdo and die at age 23 of a broken finger, ill be over here playing Starfield

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

coulda woulda shoulda. loser talk. can't change the past.