Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I'd argue there's no a tangible difference between like and hate if someone is still willing to kill you and/or drag you off to their cloak and dagger paymasters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Reze went back to the cafe for him, I will die on the hill that she could have fixed him.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

King of Solomon posted:

The blood devil will return in a new form, more powerful than ever.

Maybe as some sort of Ultimate Terror?

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Foxfire_ posted:

Aww, Denji thinks Reze didn't like him :smith:

IIRC, he doesn't know she returned for him and was killed/captured by Makima. As far as he is aware, she strung him along, tried to kill him and then bailed.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Lt. Lizard posted:

IIRC, he doesn't know she returned for him and was killed/captured by Makima. As far as he is aware, she strung him along, tried to kill him and then bailed.

And then she showed up as a pawn of Makima, but Denji was a bit busy at the time, so I can see him not noticing.

Just another reason she's probably going to show up again. Confirmed alive, with unresolved business, and primed to disrupt whatever equilibrium things have settled into? It'd be odd even by Fujimoto's standards to do nothing with that.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013

hold up i still want this on this page

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012

I feel like this needs to be immortalised somehow

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

OnimaruXLR posted:

I'd argue there's no a tangible difference between like and hate if someone is still willing to kill you and/or drag you off to their cloak and dagger paymasters

I'd let someone do it if I liked them back

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

Ranzear posted:

Reze was notably into Denji, not Chainsaw Man. There's a difference there.

Aww man. Is Fujimoto reading my posts? Please don't be reading my posts. You'll know how to hurt me more...

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Reze was easily the best romantic potential partner Denji has had. Cool, worldly, explodes things which goes well with chainsaw noises. Total package.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
"Let's have fun and get naked and not worry about it!" is honestly the kind of light and young romance poor Denji needs in his life.
Man, Power and Reze probably woulda gotten along in another life. :(

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

They could have bonded over repeatedly committing vehicular homicide on Denji with Kobeni’s (stolen) Car together :smith:

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse

I appreciate the effort that went in to this

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Regalingualius posted:

They could have bonded over repeatedly committing vehicular homicide on Denji with Kobeni’s (stolen) Car together :smith:

Girls' night! :sparkles:

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Somehow, Power returned

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
So we think Denji gonna turn into Chainsawman or let all these folks get Merced?

Couple other options I can see happening to sidestep the issue.

- Asa shows up and kicks rear end hoping to come across CSM.
- Nayuta does some control devil poo poo on the weapons and makes the behave which considering the past makes Denji rreeeealllll nervous.
- Denji doesn't transform but tries to protect the civilians anyway relying on his regeneration.
- Public Safety Office does it's loving job for once.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

whatever anyone predicts is going to absolutely be wrong but im thinkin Asa intervention

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
all in on my boy Yoshida he's gotta do something eventually

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

symbolic posted:

whatever anyone predicts is going to absolutely be wrong but im thinkin Asa intervention

I predict that Chainsaw Man will show up and save the day. Then everyone will look at Denji, who didn't transform, and wonder what the gently caress is going on.

copy
Jul 26, 2007

YES bread posted:

all in on my boy Yoshida he's gotta do something eventually

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMX7k3qsnBk

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

What's presumably gonna happen next is right up Yoshida's alley he's got this!

Foxfire_
Nov 8, 2010

Donkringel posted:

So we think Denji gonna turn into Chainsawman or let all these folks get Merced?

Couple other options I can see happening to sidestep the issue:

Steve Yun posted:

Somehow, Power returned

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

symbolic posted:

Not with that attitude, we just have to guess every conceivable possibility. Maybe the Earth will explode. Maybe one of them will harm or kill Nayuta and Denji will break and we'll get to see the guts scarf again. Maybe nothing will really happen and they'll all just talk it out.

Nah, you're probably right.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Brightman posted:

Not with that attitude, we just have to guess every conceivable possibility. Maybe the Earth will explode. Maybe one of them will harm or kill Nayuta and Denji will break and we'll get to see the guts scarf again. Maybe nothing will really happen and they'll all just talk it out.

Nah, you're probably right.

this entire thread including myself collectively didn't guess Falling Devil, i don't trust any predictions anymore

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Okay it stuck out to me that this manga prominently featured Chupa Chups in a chapter

Today I found out the Chupa Chups logo was designed by Salvador Dali

Another art reference?! In a lollipop?!

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Lollipop...
Chainsaw... :thunk:

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

It looks like it’s not gonna be a slaughter of innocents, but a war between public safety and the CSM cult. Also Our favorite lesbian is back!!!

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/chainsaw-man-chapter-143/chapter/40196?action=read

yay

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Where do I sign up for the Church of Quanxi.

FrozenPhoenix71
Jan 9, 2019
Quanxi! Quanxi! Quanxi!

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

lol

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.
I dunno why but something the "Old Hag" said made me randomly think of the song Freebird so that started playing in my head, around where the song starts to pick up, and amusingly synced up with the chapter, ending with the "rawr".

Pierson posted:

Where do I sign up for the Church of Quanxi.

:same:

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking
i can't believe quanxi is now the main character. fujimoto does it again

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

SHE

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Bread Set Jettison posted:

It looks like it’s not gonna be a slaughter of innocents, but a war between public safety and the CSM cult. Also Our favorite lesbian is back!!!

Technically that was a slaughter of sorts

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

We got Quanxi and it's almost October...... gimme that Halloween!

gently caress, Kishibe can't be far behind either, can he?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
This manga has the best jobbers ever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
QUAN

XI

:swoon: