Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Kart Barfunkel posted:

It’s a C-tier Dragon Quest. Definitely not a bad game IMO.

it's fine if you just want to bask in nostalgia and play adequate turn based combat. it just doesn't do absolutely anything beyond that. there are no interesting ideas within.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

RuBisCO posted:

That is definitely the voice of someone chainsmoking for the last 26 years

yeah he sounds like someone who's insanely loving cool

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

I hope Karoo is just a normal duck no explanation

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
but they lord of the rings perspective him to look real big

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

i'm genuinely more ok with rat chopper

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Wait, is this official?

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Larryb posted:

Wait, is this official?

No

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Larryb posted:

Wait, is this official?

Yup. They revealed it today.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Mods?

IceBorg
Oct 23, 2012

I KINDA DOUBT THAT!
I think I mentioned this before but One Piece game would work best with a original story that has nothing to do with the manga but just has the characters.

Just make it a "Tales of" game and you have a recipe for sucess, just make Luffy want to be king of the adventurers or something.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I mean to be fair with a design like that it was kind of a cointoss in this case. I will be curious to see what they really do with him though

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Muppet or Roger rabbit

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Chopper will be played by a tanuki.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
Muppet chopper Muppet chopper

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

seriously use netflix's henson connections and get the dark crystal people on it

e: like fuckin LOOK https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3_owZfYVR8

just make his face a liiiittle more deerlike so you don't need human lips and this works 100%

mikeycp fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Sep 14, 2023

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat

mikeycp posted:

seriously use netflix's henson connections and get the dark crystal people on it

just make his face a liiiittle more deerlike so you don't need human lips and this works 100%

also give THEM a goddamn second season, that show was great

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

IceBorg posted:

I think I mentioned this before but One Piece game would work best with a original story that has nothing to do with the manga but just has the characters.

Just make it a "Tales of" game and you have a recipe for sucess, just make Luffy want to be king of the adventurers or something.

Much older Chopper telling kids tales of his adventures with his friends when he was a young lad. "It all began when our Captain, Luffy, insisted on going to an island to find some meat..." *flashback wavy lines*

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

mikeycp posted:

Given what they did with the transponder snails I can definitely imagine they'll make a Chopper animatronic and enhance it in post.

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Would you like some tofu?

I'm so glad they gave Oda that Den Den Mushi :allears:

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Given what they did with the transponder snails I can definitely imagine they'll make a Chopper animatronic and enhance it in post.

Also Oda apparently loves puppets in all forms

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

I'm over here in Japan and man if this isn't the slickest statue I've seen in a long time

They weren't kidding on how popular this series is on the home turf, makes Pokémon look like a novelty property :staredog:

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

White Light posted:

I'm over here in Japan and man if this isn't the slickest statue I've seen in a long time

They weren't kidding on how popular this series is on the home turf, makes Pokémon look like a novelty property :staredog:

The contents of that case probably costs as much as a used car.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Julias posted:

Season 2 let's gooooooo

I literally can’t believe how quick I went from hoping this wasn’t just another adaptation disaster to being hyped for multiple seasons of this

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

I'm glad I started reading this series before the final bits. Feel bummed for my friend who is only halfway thru Alabasta but already knows Luffy's power isn't Rubber.

Have to imagine given the merch and online presence that ship has sailed for anyone picking up the series as much as Robin being a crewmember has.

Azathoth256
Mar 30, 2010

Guy A. Person posted:

I literally can’t believe how quick I went from hoping this wasn’t just another adaptation disaster to being hyped for multiple seasons of this

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
resurrect chunky chopper

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Guy A. Person posted:

Seriously, I was hoping it wouldn't be TOO embarrassing and instead here I am now desperately praying for like 12 seasons :allears:

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!

Oxxidation posted:

resurrect chunky chopper

They need to find a right balance of classic design chopper and current cute chopper. They need their Baby Yoda money and Chopper is the key.

I believe they'll work out fine with Chopper. It's Franky who is the real test, especially the time skip.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

How many days till Jamie Lee Curtis signs the paperwork to play Dr. Kureha, I got five on the next two weeks

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Finally read the new chapter. Kizaru is in some deep poo poo now. :getin:

gently caress yeah OPLA Season 2 :getin:

And this weekend we get the animated end to Luffy vs. Kaido :getin:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

White Light posted:

How many days till Jamie Lee Curtis signs the paperwork to play Dr. Kureha, I got five on the next two weeks

She's on strike.

Everyone's on strike.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The moment the strike ends Jamie Lee Curtis is going to drive up to Netflix HQ dressed like Kureha with a truck full of her Hollywood Royalty money and like seven distinct Chopper puppets.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

since detective pikachu was devitoless, tony chopper shall be danny

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

If not a muppet, a dwarf actor + actor double act might be good for Chopper.

Going to be an interesting challenge whatever way they go with it.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
Me, before the show would come out: This show will be so poo poo, it has no way of being good.
Me, now: God, I wonder how they'll do the Bellamy punch, I can imagine they have him bouncing around but rather than do the big dramatic close-ups on the punches they'll just have him loving crumple after being punched. God, Usopp vs Luffy is going to go so hard with these actors.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Have Chopper say gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Danny in a cool suit by Jim Henson co